Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Hiramoto Tokita's Theme

Important Rules
user posted imagePost everything about Initial D Arcade Stage Ver.3 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 subforums. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

8 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 38,759  ·  Replies: 177 
> So... Who still plays Ver3?
marusho_sakamoto
Posted: Sep 1 2007, 04:04 AM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,968

I just play Initial D V3 for a while just to go on time attacks. But I'm not use to it anymore. So I'm pretty weak on IDV3 already. I'm going on Initial D 4 already because I'm use to it.
Hakku
Posted: Sep 1 2007, 08:20 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 25,306

QUOTE (matt @ Aug 29 2007, 08:53 PM)
they removed those courses so u can ACTUALLY drive them with all that drifting in it, haha. if u were to have those other courses, ud be hitting walls from left to right, and probably never finish the course. haha

well i think that if you drive properly, you can just make a turn and not drift. it is not like you are actually FORCED to drift at every turn.
ie: i think tht u all agree that you can more or less drift on akina snow. well there is a way to Not drift, if you can control your turns well enough. i think that it is the same concept for v4. although it will be kinda hard not to drift on shomaru whistling.gif .

anyway, i chose ID because the tracks are narrow unlike many other racing games. and the things your car does are actually realistic (not like fast and the furious where you drive AND FLY)

@ Tomo
IDv4 in montreal is a joke. the only good arcade that i play IDv3 in is like too poor to get it this year. the only "rich" arcade said that it will come out in june. then it became july, then august, and now, they dont know when its coming out anymore. the last arcade in montreal does not even have IDv3.

This post has been edited by Hakku on Sep 1 2007, 08:24 AM
APX
Posted: Sep 1 2007, 10:35 AM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,473

QUOTE (Jezza @ Today at 4:41 AM)
he said they got rid of all the tracks from v3 because, u'd hit the walls all over the place with the "drifting" gamestyle of v4

but i dont think that would happen on myogi or usui xD

Well on some videos I seem them turn a hell of a lot earlier, if we did what we do normaly on ver.3 on there, we would be hitting the walls @_@
kenji36100
Posted: Sep 1 2007, 10:41 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 23,647

QUOTE (Jezza @ Yesterday at 7:41 PM)
he said they got rid of all the tracks from v3 because, u'd hit the walls all over the place with the "drifting" gamestyle of v4

but i dont think that would happen on myogi or usui xD

well, no!!!! lol.... Tsuchisaka, Shomaru, and Happohagara is perfect for dirfting.. only noobs will hit walls right and left.... furthermore, drifting isnt the only alternative right?
APX
Posted: Sep 1 2007, 11:57 AM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

Well, show us the videos of where they don't hit the walls smile.gif
Posted: Sep 1 2007, 12:09 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

QUOTE (Hakku @ Today at 12:20 PM)
well i think that if you drive properly, you can just make a turn and not drift. it is not like you are actually FORCED to drift at every turn. 
ie: i think tht u all agree that you can more or less drift on akina snow.  well there is a way to Not drift, if you can control your turns well enough.  i think that it is the same concept for v4.  although it will be kinda hard not to drift on shomaru whistling.gif .

anyway, i chose ID because the tracks are narrow unlike many other racing games. and the things your car does are actually realistic  (not like fast and the furious where you drive AND FLY)

@ Tomo
IDv4 in montreal is a joke.  the only good arcade that i play IDv3 in is like too poor to get it this year.  the only "rich" arcade said that it will come out in june.  then it became july, then august, and now, they dont know when its coming out anymore.  the last arcade in montreal does not even have IDv3.

i live in montreal, so no arcade has it yet??? might pick up as4 but MT3 is getting my attetion alot. if as4 isnt there yet then A2K would probably hav a double cab of v3 (unless they removed it for a 2nd time). from the sound of it, it looks like you were asking around for AS4 at A2k

This post has been edited by 207 on Sep 1 2007, 12:10 PM
BDDEE@
Posted: Sep 2 2007, 01:31 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 21,568

QUOTE (kenji36100 @ Today at 4:41 AM)
well, no!!!! lol.... Tsuchisaka, Shomaru, and Happohagara is perfect for dirfting.. only noobs will hit walls right and left.... furthermore, drifting isnt the only alternative right?

well, there are certain area's of the course that would not work very well on AS4 because of its sliding physics
Tsuchisaka : the rollercoasters... because of the amount of speed you gain before them you would just get major understeer going into them on as4.. all tho because on as4 you lose speed on smaller turns before the tunnel coming upto it , it might of made the speed work with the RC but it is still too tight
Shomaru : the course is too narrow, if you slid like you do in as4 the nose and behind of your car would be raping the wall
Happo : on IB problems would be the consec turns near end of CP1 , the snake hairpins cp3 .. all tho i could see a way of it working in as4...kind of like akagi

Ryu Fujiwara
Posted: Sep 2 2007, 11:34 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 23,638

I think shomuro u would grip a bit.Its ful of small turns so you would not drift
bryan
Posted: Sep 3 2007, 03:05 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 19,629

me me me i still play ver. 3 . but only IF idas 4 machines are flooded with people =D . v3 is fun ! erasers, tst(s) . =D . so much fun !
trippster
Posted: Sep 3 2007, 05:10 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 26,352

I play V.3 every weekend and I played it yesterday!!!!!! Got some free credits from the arcade manager for my b-day!
Möbius
Posted: Sep 3 2007, 06:52 AM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (Ryu Fujiwara @ Yesterday at 3:34 PM)
I think shomuro u would grip a bit.Its ful of small turns so you would not drift

Try a capp on Shomaru. tongue.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
jnry3
Posted: Sep 3 2007, 08:44 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 26,369

Still playing v3. Tried v4... felt more like Ridge Racer than Battle Gear (am a fan of Battle Gear, by the way -- very realistic physics). I kinda prefer v3 for the physics, but the gameplay of v4 (tuning aspect) is more interesting.
Kitty
Posted: Sep 3 2007, 10:05 PM

Bad Luck

Member No.: 23,812

Despite the machines being out of cards for the past month and partially broken machines, my team and I still play V3. We used to have a V2 but they switched it with this a few years back. I've also been hearing (albeit unfounded and quite possibly false) rumors that we're getting some V4 cabs. The only reason I mention this is we have a friggin DDR Supernova 2 beta in our arcade and us V3 players have been getting the short end of the stick for months now so it sounds plausible. One can hope right? I don't even care if it's all in Japanese, it's gotta be better than what we have now.
Kylie_FD3S
Posted: Sep 5 2007, 10:25 PM

What goes around comes around...

Member No.: 7,601

QUOTE (iidesuyo! @ Aug 31 2007, 08:03 PM)
I feel your pain... T_T All I have to say is... patch? shifty2.gif lol.. j/k It's not gonna happen most likely... (ok... entirely likely). Maybe Initial D Version 5 then... All we can do is hope ^^

That sucks! I guess all we do is hope and pray that Version 5 (if that will ever come out) has Tsuchisaka. happy.gif U gotta admit, it's one of the most funnest (I know that's not a word) course in the game.
CoastalmixX
  Posted: Sep 5 2007, 11:07 PM

The Solution

Member No.: 2,428

QUOTE (Kylie_FD3S @ Yesterday at 11:25 PM)
That sucks! I guess all we do is hope and pray that Version 5 (if that will ever come out) has Tsuchisaka. happy.gif U gotta admit, it's one of the most funnest (I know that's not a word) course in the game.

Funnest is indeed a word... of course, it's a different word form of another word whose usage isn't frowned upon as "funnest" is.

If there is a Version 5... the time delay from AS4 to 5 will be much larger than Ver3 to AS4 (3 years). Why? I think it's because people are catching on that AS4 sucks and is more ridiculous than Ver3.

But don't get me wrong. It's fun and I play it. laugh.gif
Kylie_FD3S
Posted: Sep 6 2007, 08:04 PM

What goes around comes around...

Member No.: 7,601

QUOTE (CoastalmixX @ Yesterday at 11:07 PM)
Funnest is indeed a word... of course, it's a different word form of another word whose usage isn't frowned upon as "funnest" is.

If there is a Version 5... the time delay from AS4 to 5 will be much larger than Ver3 to AS4 (3 years). Why? I think it's because people are catching on that AS4 sucks and is more ridiculous than Ver3.

But don't get me wrong. It's fun and I play it. laugh.gif

I stand corrected. whistling.gif But I get what ur saying. I think I'll continue to play V3...even if it's like once a month or something.
Boob*
Posted: Sep 7 2007, 11:18 AM

R.I.P My Evo III

Member No.: 17,176

My arcade always resets TA's and i've finished BC so to answer topic question...no

I'll race ppl on the occasion but I live by noobs so it aint too fun anymore.
V-inx
Posted: Sep 7 2007, 12:22 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 26,219

V2- I cant go any further after Lv31, i did saw 35 but i duno how to get higher after 31.

V3- Just reached Lv22 few days ago, and i wanna make myself faster with my EvoIV

V4- After i know RM18 for a card, i walk back to V3 machines and continue my V3. V4? maybe later... haha
MomoChan
Posted: Sep 8 2007, 06:05 AM

「WRX研究者」

Member No.: 20,224

I returned once. A part of me kept nagging that I should try FTing my GDB since it was already at the 800k mark.

But when I tried filling the blanks in my TAs (Akina Snow, Shomaru, Tsuchisaka), I realized that acclimatizing to V4 made me really, really awful at handling V3.

At every tight corner, I found myself doing LFB tappity-taps and PC. So my times became subpar to say the least.

Maybe I'll try again next time to get back my V3 groove, but I dread tackling Happogahara (my worst course in the game, and the only area I haven't notched a TA yet in any direction/condition) with my V4 habits intact.

Something's got to give.

This post has been edited by MomoChan on Sep 8 2007, 06:06 AM
razorsuKe
Posted: Sep 9 2007, 06:18 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 12,243

RPM.S plays v3...

look at this new record I just randomlly stumbled upon:

http://ranking.segarosso.com/inidas3e/n2_r...&crs2=1&num_0=0
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
icycloud
Posted: Sep 9 2007, 07:15 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 26,019

datz RPM.S or another one of his guild...?
CoastalmixX
  Posted: Sep 9 2007, 09:58 PM

The Solution

Member No.: 2,428

QUOTE (icycloud @ Today at 8:15 PM)
datz RPM.S or another one of his guild...?

Razor said RPM.S, so it's RPM.S.

Trust everything Razor says.
Jezza
Posted: Sep 10 2007, 04:31 AM

IDW Jap-a-neeze Member

Member No.: 20,278

maybe it was just a random record he was posting?

James85
Posted: Sep 16 2007, 07:58 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 24,862

I was excited for AS4 but the handling of the cars there disappointed me (im entitled to my opinion right?) but anyway, I liked the new animations before each battle in story mode plus the characters have voices and move..the customization of the car is...so-so..anyway the primary reason that prevents me from playing it more to enhance my skills is that its very expensive here in the philippines (since its a new arrival and the managers won't lower the price coz a lot of people still play it)..Sooooo..I went back to playing version 3 again..I was going to quit recently but some unexpected events kept from retiring..I have one personal time attack goal to reach before the end of the year and will battle more people to finish off my IDAS3 experience before I retire. happy.gif
aki
Posted: Sep 25 2007, 05:30 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 26,700

i still play. 3 token only!

8 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »