Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Speedman - Speed Lover

Important Rules
user posted imagePost everything about Initial D Arcade Stage Ver.3 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 subforums. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

8 Pages  « 5 6 7 8  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 38,757  ·  Replies: 177 
> So... Who still plays Ver3?
rosh
Posted: Feb 24 2013, 07:50 AM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,292

Got back into V3 a couple months ago. Found a cabinet for $400 that had 1 monitor that needed some work. Everything else worked fine. Thankfully that is my specialty. Since I work and an arcade, I even got to put it out on the game floor so others can play it too. Getting a little ID3 resurgence here in NC. Memories.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
KeNgai_rcrZero
Posted: Mar 2 2013, 05:08 PM

Reigning and Defending

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 625

Ver. 3 pwned. It's by far the best version of the game, in my opinion. I wonder if anyone from my old team is still on here? If you are, PM me, I'm rebuilding the team for ver. 7. Need players.
euroshift
Posted: Mar 5 2013, 08:33 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 40,709

There are still a few arcades in my country that still have IDAS3.I play it sometimes if i have the chance.Its fun.
Vile
Posted: Mar 6 2013, 04:36 PM

IDW's Furfag

Member No.: 30,586

QUOTE (KeNgai_rcrZero @ Mar 2 2013, 06:08 PM)
Ver. 3 pwned. It's by far the best version of the game, in my opinion. I wonder if anyone from my old team is still on here? If you are, PM me, I'm rebuilding the team for ver. 7. Need players.

I'm guessing you're reffering to the one in Puente Hills?
KeNgai_rcrZero
Posted: Mar 7 2013, 07:28 PM

Reigning and Defending

QUOTE (VileFCboy @ Yesterday, 4:36 PM)
I'm guessing you're reffering to the one in Puente Hills?

I'm reffering to the game in general. Puente Hills is the closest place that has the game so yes, I'll be playing mostly out of there. But there is moreno valley and I'll be visiting that location as well until I find out where else this game is found within the state. I'm starting from scratch after 3 years of no gameplay, so I'm russssty, but don't count me out for I adapt VERY quickly. I just need to FT my car asap. Were you interested in joining? Is that why you ask? blink.gif
Vile
Posted: Mar 8 2013, 02:14 PM

IDW's Furfag

QUOTE (KeNgai_rcrZero @ Yesterday, 8:28 PM)
I'm reffering to the game in general. Puente Hills is the closest place that has the game so yes, I'll be playing mostly out of there. But there is moreno valley and I'll be visiting that location as well until I find out where else this game is found within the state. I'm starting from scratch after 3 years of no gameplay, so I'm russssty, but don't count me out for I adapt VERY quickly. I just need to FT my car asap. Were you interested in joining? Is that why you ask? blink.gif

Haha yeah I was actually interested and I first assumed you were reffering to the one in Puente. I go to the one in Moreno Valley but only once in a while since I'm located in SD and gas is a pain in the ass. Also, all the three times that I've been to play at Moreno, the cards are always out. mad.gif

As for the skills, I'm a complete noob. Mostly played ID3 of all IDAS games but even then I still sucked after all the years playing the game.

I've been craving to play this game competitively (haven't felt like this ever since IDAS3) and joining your team would have me thinking it would help me with the game, but with my current situation I don't think it would work out no matter how much I want to.

Sorry for wasting your time.
Agent556
Posted: Mar 8 2013, 05:38 PM

Project Legacy Co-Leader

Member No.: 2,133

kengai, currently only two places have ID7: the round 1s in puente hills and moreno valley. round 1 is opening another location soon i believe in lakewood, so that will probably have ID7 too
Silfa
Posted: Mar 8 2013, 09:03 PM

Time Attack Session!

Member No.: 25,308

ID7 isn't very fun since you get stuck at B1, at least those who have to drive an hour plus to go play. I started playing V3 again, trying to break 2'59 on Akina with my 86. So far, 3'03 sad.gif

This post has been edited by Silfa on Mar 8 2013, 09:04 PM
Vile
Posted: Mar 9 2013, 12:55 PM

IDW's Furfag

To be honest though, I just want to play a fresh new Initial D game and adapt with the new physics. But I can't blame you about the rankings since the amount of driving that we have to go through is so damn long. Still though, I want to play atleast 10 games and create a card. All the pros seem to hog the goddamn machine. crying2.gif

This post has been edited by VileFCboy on Mar 9 2013, 12:58 PM
KeNgai_rcrZero
Posted: Mar 9 2013, 10:58 PM

Reigning and Defending

QUOTE (VileFCboy @ Yesterday, 2:14 PM)
Haha yeah I was actually interested and I first assumed you were reffering to the one in Puente. I go to the one in Moreno Valley but only once in a while since I'm located in SD and gas is a pain in the ass. Also, all the three times that I've been to play at Moreno, the cards are always out. mad.gif

As for the skills, I'm a complete noob. Mostly played ID3 of all IDAS games but even then I still sucked after all the years playing the game.

I've been craving to play this game competitively (haven't felt like this ever since IDAS3) and joining your team would have me thinking it would help me with the game, but with my current situation I don't think it would work out no matter how much I want to.

Sorry for wasting your time.

Well I can tell you that the game is worth getting into. It's not like any of the others, it's actually similar to 3 in many ways. I recommend it, highly recommend it. Not only because it's the best version since 3, but because the community needs to grow. So far there are only 2 arcades that have the game. Aside from that, we're stuck at B because we don't have the community that demands more machines. Without more machines, there won't be a server. We need that server to communicate globally and involve ourselves with the rest of the world. Aside from the arcade wars that happen with gaming, the Initial D community is one in its own. It's a family. So come down, and if I so happen to see you improving and taking the game seriously, I'll let you on the team. So don't apologize for "wasting" my time, because I won't accept that. Make the time to play the game and put your name on the map. I understand gas is a pain, but we all make sacrifices for the things we love to do. I run a business, handle my relationship, compose music, record bands, and still have time to sit an hour in traffic to get to the arcade. It makes it just much more valuable and important when you finally get to play, as opposed to being there everyday. The one's who go out of their way, we're the hungry ones. We're the ones that stand out.
projectevo5
Posted: Mar 11 2013, 11:12 AM

Neo Devil Z

Member No.: 6,088

I wish I could still play, many of the old arcades I used to go to have long since closed down, and the ones that remain either don't have a V3 machine, the machine is broken, or its a Jap machine.
Silfa
Posted: Mar 12 2013, 05:59 PM

Time Attack Session!

Member No.: 25,308

Hey Vile, do you still play V3? If so, let me know. I will be off on Thursday, and I want to get a good session in.
Ek9
Posted: Mar 12 2013, 11:50 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 35,095

QUOTE (Silfa @ 5 hours, 51 minutes ago)
Hey Vile, do you still play V3? If so, let me know. I will be off on Thursday, and I want to get a good session in.

Where do you play in Socal? I'll be down there next week and I'll be staying in San Gabriel Valley.
Agent556
Posted: Mar 13 2013, 01:18 AM

Project Legacy Co-Leader

QUOTE (VileFCboy @ Mar 9 2013, 12:55 PM)
All the pros seem to hog the goddamn machine.

If you put a card up, that will usually signify that someone wants to get on. The spot above the screen works as a card holder just like the version 3 machines.
Vile
Posted: Mar 13 2013, 11:15 AM

IDW's Furfag

QUOTE (KeNgai_rcrZero @ Mar 9 2013, 11:58 PM)
I understand gas is a pain, but we all make sacrifices for the things we love to do. I run a business, handle my relationship, compose music, record bands, and still have time to sit an hour in traffic to get to the arcade. It makes it just much more valuable and important when you finally get to play, as opposed to being there everyday. The one's who go out of their way, we're the hungry ones. We're the ones that stand out.

Wow, I've heard so much about your team a couple of years ago when I first started IDAS3 in '06 and I now see why you guys are known. A team that is ACTUALLY committed. I wish I had the same passion for the game as you have right now, but like I said, with the schedule that I have right now, I'm not sure if it's right to keep going to Riverside and SD back to back. Although in my Summer break, I will most likely go and play this game more often but I can't surely promise you that.

@Silfa
Yeah from time to time, I do play at Boomers in Clairemont. But I'm down tomorrow to go wherever you usually play at IDAS3. smile.gif

@Agent556
That is my problem, I don't have a card. crying2.gif
They always tend to run out whenever I go to the ID7 cabinet in Moreno.
Agent556
Posted: Mar 13 2013, 03:35 PM

Project Legacy Co-Leader

you could visit puente hills if you want a card, we still have cards. hell, maybe you can even meet up with rcrZero
KeNgai_rcrZero
Posted: Mar 20 2013, 07:57 AM

Reigning and Defending

QUOTE (VileFCboy @ Mar 13 2013, 11:15 AM)
Wow, I've heard so much about your team a couple of years ago when I first started IDAS3 in '06 and I now see why you guys are known. A team that is ACTUALLY committed. I wish I had the same passion for the game as you have right now, but like I said, with the schedule that I have right now, I'm not sure if it's right to keep going to Riverside and SD back to back. Although in my Summer break, I will most likely go and play this game more often but I can't surely promise you that.

@Silfa
Yeah from time to time, I do play at Boomers in Clairemont. But I'm down tomorrow to go wherever you usually play at IDAS3. smile.gif

@Agent556
That is my problem, I don't have a card. crying2.gif
They always tend to run out whenever I go to the ID7 cabinet in Moreno.

Puente Hills has cards man, no need to worry about not getting to play. I'll give you my turn. Anything to expand this community. The game has only been out a couple of months, and even with the arcade scenes diminishing, I doubt its not going to start sprouting all over the US. It's just a matter of time.
thestreetzking
Posted: Mar 20 2013, 11:42 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 28,571

I need to ask some questions, hopefully picking up a machine tomorrow or friday but have some concerns..

does your initial d have 1 or two coin doors? meaning is it in the middle for both machines or is there one for each machine.

and what about the card readers? are there one on each side or both in the middle.

I dont have pics of the machine im picking up so I have no clue how its set up, just trying to gauge whats common.. If its 1 coin door I cant take the coin door. and if the readers are in 1 housing I cant take that either.. lol

This post has been edited by thestreetzking on Mar 20 2013, 11:43 AM
Larmo
Posted: Mar 21 2013, 07:36 PM

life is great, till someone kills it

Member No.: 17,163

Played for a little bit the other day
Only got 21'6 akagi dh with my rx8
redcomet121
Posted: Mar 23 2013, 11:08 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 26,914

After we have been stuck at D3 for years, D7 just hit Thailand recently. But still...

- D7 price per game is 3x higher than D3
- D7 is offline mode only (For now, in future is still unknown)
- Only one place here have D7, which is pretty far from where i live.

I will continue D3 and stop D7 for now until the price is reduce and there are more location to play.
Larmo
Posted: Mar 29 2013, 08:52 PM

life is great, till someone kills it

Member No.: 17,163

QUOTE (Agent556 @ Mar 13 2013, 03:35 PM)
you could visit puente hills if you want a card, we still have cards.  hell, maybe you can even meet up with rcrZero

QUOTE (KeNgai_rcrZero @ Mar 20 2013, 07:57 AM)
Puente Hills has cards man, no need to worry about not getting to play. I'll give you my turn. Anything to expand this community. The game has only been out a couple of months, and even with the arcade scenes diminishing, I doubt its not going to start sprouting all over the US. It's just a matter of time.

There are good machines over at Family Fun Arcade near LACC, machines are always maintained and there's not a lot of people who play Initial D over there so hardly any lines
Orisue
Posted: Mar 29 2013, 09:27 PM

The Lurker Kitty

Member No.: 37,618

I still play IDAS 3 from time to time as my school has a twin cab. But since im graduating soon. I'll be sticking to Super Arcade as my ver 3 home.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
8M6_celica
Posted: Apr 2 2013, 09:32 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 40,461

I wish there were more locations in Norcal that have IDAS3...namely I want to renew my card, and none of the arcades near me (UC Davis, Strikes in Elk Grove) have card renewals :/
rosh
Posted: Apr 3 2013, 07:08 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 13,292

I can renew your card for you. New cards/ renewals is a service I started offering for people on V3 and V4. PM me for details.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
iloverc
Posted: Apr 11 2013, 12:03 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 39,632

My country still got a lot of V3 machine rolleyes.gif

8 Pages  « 5 6 7 8