Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing D. R. , Mega NRG Man - Night Fever

Important Rules
user posted imagePost everything about Initial D Arcade Stage Ver.3 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 subforums. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

159 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 307,502  ·  Replies: 3,950 
> Post Your Day !!, Interesting events ^_^
riP
Posted: Aug 28 2006, 04:06 PM

Fool me once shame on me Fool me twice shame on u Fool me a third time ur dead

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 4,876

yeah i got 2 play 2day.... it was pretty nice i luckly got bunta iro up 2 lvl 8 with my mr2... i ran a 3'06 i was so happy cuz i suck at iro... i beat LOTS again so now i have X2 LoTS... RL11 now instead of 10.. 1 more time and im done with LOTS
icedagger
Posted: Aug 28 2006, 07:23 PM

Slowpoke...

Member No.: 18,773

Heh, I'm pretty sick of LotS atm. I'm on my second run of LOTS and really don't feel like finishing every battle. So I'm using it to help train a newbie friend. Last week I let him use my RX8. He just finished Myogi and is currently stuck on Mako and Saiyuki on Usui.

He's actually helping me battle level up. We leave accept challengers on and whenever someone challenges, I drive. I got several wins the other day because of that.
chubbbayaidan
Posted: Aug 28 2006, 07:42 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 13,141

It was pretty cool. I did Bunta up to 4 and got a Battle LVL up in one day. It's also pretty sad to see how serious ppl get about this game. I overheard two ppl arguing about why they picked Iro UH dry for a battle. The guy moaned about it the whole race.
DC2 vs NB8C - Akagi DH dry - win (This match was really annoying cause the guy thinks he's a hotshot just cause he has an aura. But beat him pretty easily)
vs GC8 - Usui CCW dry - win (It was just a friendly battle between my friend and I, no real competition)
vs FD3SV1 - Iro DH dry - win (The first guy's little bro, more cocky than he is)
vs FD3SV1 - Usui CCW wet - lose (Eww, wet, I raped the two hairpin corners a lot)
Pretty ok day I must say.
hellspare
Posted: Aug 28 2006, 07:58 PM

IDW Special Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,404

Spent like 4 dollars today, did 2 TA's on Tsuchi ob wet with the old 32, ended up with a 46. I think I can improve quite a bit, I messed up the turn before the tunnel. What's a good time on ob wet anyways? Like a 43?

The other two TA's I tried to bring my pathetic 3:09 on Akina with the 32 up, but I failed. I just can't drive this course with this car, it just doesn't happen. LOlolololol.
CoastalmixX
Posted: Aug 28 2006, 08:07 PM

The Solution

Member No.: 2,428

So... I started an AE86L today as an experiment...

DAMN, that car is horrible!

I actually struggled against Kyoko in LotS today! But after that I didn't have a hard time doing anything else... meaning after I got a feel for the car I didn't have a hard time.

I tried full course wall-teching with this car... it's fun! Sadly, I only ran around 3'12"... but the car isn't even BT. tongue.gif

Also did a few Happo OBD runs with the E4 and Capp. I can drop my E4 time of 23 to a lower 23, potentially a 22. With the Capp, my friend wanted a little more footage for my upcoming no-tech vid so he did some recording while I ran the car without techs again...

2'22"767" --> 2'22"637

Faster than my vid! Gah... it was weird. CP1 was -.011, and even with my crap hairpins I cleared CP2 with -.223. CP3 was bad so I came out with +.197... so in the end it only minused .130. tongue.gif

So I can easily 22"4 or lower... maybe I can hit 21 on this course without techs?
Cowman715
Posted: Aug 28 2006, 09:30 PM

The only Miata driver around

Member No.: 14,640

Funny... I skimmed and I read

So... I started an AE86L today as an experiment...

DAMN, that car is horrible!

I actually struggled against Kyoko in LotS today! Also did a few Happo OBD runs 2'22"767" --> 2'22"637

o.O... Thinking you did that in a Levin lol
CoastalmixX
Posted: Aug 28 2006, 09:57 PM

The Solution

HAH!
ChaosSoldier
Posted: Aug 28 2006, 10:38 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 8,382

w00t trying new cars is fun...did a 30 on akagi uphill with the buntamobile(stock)....was fun....and akina uphill with a sad 3'13....it was my first TA there in forever...then TAed my evo4 onn iro....still getting close to my old times...gonna try take em lower...
Larmo
Posted: Aug 29 2006, 12:31 AM

life is great, till someone kills it

Member No.: 17,163

today was fun, i think i got alot of battles done
rx8 vs. fd akagi dh dry win
rx8 vs. fd akagi dh dry win
rx8 vs. fd snow dh win
rx8 vs. fd happo ib dry win
rx8 vs. bnr34 shomaru ob dry win
rx8 vs. fd usui ccw dry win
rx8 vs. rx8 iro dh dry win
wow i won all of them i haven't lost yet since b4
current battle score 50 - 3 percent is 94.1
CoastalmixX
Posted: Aug 29 2006, 12:33 AM

The Solution

Larmo, more substance in your next day post or it's an actual warning.

*Verbal Warning*
RX-7
Posted: Aug 29 2006, 01:51 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 7,702

today went to the arcade, did some time attack on my trueno and rx-8. got a 3:05:xxx in akina (AE86), 2:25:xxx in akagi (rx-8) and so close to get a 2:59 in shomaru but end up getting a 3:02:xxx.
Excel
Posted: Aug 29 2006, 12:52 PM

Snake is Sony's lone hero

Member No.: 4,625

RX-8 Sho IB Dry - 2'57'7

CP4 was sooooooooooooo bad =_= I locked up in that left right left section, resulting in like a +.4 CP4

This run:
CP1 - '256
CP2 - '9X
CP3 - '3X
CP4 - '3X

Best CPs:
CP1 - '170
CP2 - '8X
CP3 - '3X
CP4 - '9X

This post has been edited by Excel on Aug 29 2006, 01:36 PM
brian mayhem
Posted: Aug 29 2006, 05:55 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 13,958

Jim and I did have in the works a Tokui meeting in Rochester for this afternoon/evening. All was well until I found out that the alternator blew on Ians Evo, so I was there alone pretty much. The shop was pretty much dead for the whole day except for a few kids and later some people my age decided to come in and take a look at the manga. The initial D cab was left alone pretty much until I decided to put my hands on it. All I did was TA and nothing else. It is rare that I find myself doing that because I usually see myself doing Bunta or LOTS to tune my cars, but I only brought the 8V. Nothing positive came out of the plethora of Time Attacks on Tsuchisaka Outbound. Once again, my problem of consistency arose and I found myself noobing it up on corners that are far too easy for me to mess up. I suppose it wasn't anxiety, but the excitement of knowing that I was breaking my time and if I just kept it all together, it would have ended well. I suppose next time I go and play, it will be better.

This post has been edited by GC8Vdrifter on Aug 29 2006, 05:56 PM
hellspare
Posted: Aug 29 2006, 06:27 PM

IDW Special Member

Wow I hit a 155-6 on ob oil today! Too bad I messed up pretty much the rest of the course. Lowered Akina on the 32 from a 3:09 to a 3:08. Not much improvement, but I'll work on it eventually.
matt
Posted: Aug 29 2006, 08:55 PM

Team Drift Speed/ Trueno Force

Member No.: 11,652

QUOTE (Excel @ Today at 1:52 PM)
RX-8 Sho IB Dry - 2'57'7

CP4 was sooooooooooooo bad =_= I locked up in that left right left section, resulting in like a +.4 CP4

This run:
CP1 - '256
CP2 - '9X
CP3 - '3X
CP4 - '3X

Best CPs:
CP1 - '170
CP2 - '8X
CP3 - '3X
CP4 - '9X

O nice Excel 57 ib!! wow
08TTGSL
Posted: Aug 29 2006, 08:59 PM

Eww evo

Member No.: 19,156

yea today my gtr almost got raped by a capuccino
Perry
Posted: Aug 29 2006, 09:10 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (touge_ninja @ Today at 9:59 PM)
yea today my gtr almost got raped by a capuccino

How did your GTR got raped by a Cappuccino ?
How was your opponent's skill ?
How did you perform ?
How did you feel before the race ?
How did you feel after the race ?
How intense was the battle ?

Come on, give me some details. Or I'll give you something called warning. It's always best to read the first post of a pinned thread before posting in it. Write that down.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
08TTGSL
Posted: Aug 29 2006, 09:20 PM

Eww evo

Member No.: 19,156

it was a stock gtr i had to challenge my friend cuz he was losing n his cappucino is almost to full tune so yea but he gave me the win cuz i started a new initial d card. oh yea n i suck in initial d so i stick to maximum tune alot
CoastalmixX
  Posted: Aug 29 2006, 09:28 PM

The Solution

^touge_ninja: Look at my post... this is how much detail you should have for this type of thread. Replies in this thread shouldn't be a simple 2 sentences.

Woo... no real TA time changes, but I got a few races in! It's been a while.

All these battles were Boost ON with my ST205:

vs. FC3S Akagi UHD - win! -> Battle level UP!
- A race with an old player. He hasn't played in months and it showed. I led most of the way then he passed me at the V-turn. After that I passed at the turn after. It was a fairly close race... but I didn't have to block him at the end.

vs. R32 Happo OBW - loss -> Battle level DOWN
- As you can see... I got fished. I led most of the way but he passed at the very last section. I didn't even shake the guy's hand.

vs. R32 Akina UHD - win - Battle level UP!
- Fished him back. For an R32... he kept up pretty well, then again... it was boost on. Lost him in CP4.

vs. R32 Akagi DHW - loss - Battle level DOWN
- "This course is about the same for our car"; WHAT?! His car is FAR better than mine on this course! Still... I just bit the bullet. I led until the very last section. Not bad, eh?

vs. R32 Snow UH - win - Battle level UP!
- As soon as I selected this course I said "A fair course for the both of us". It was clear he didn't know the course... but then again, it's fair for our cars, yeah? Hahah... led the whole way.

He asked me... "So what courses are you good at?"
"Most"
"What was that?"
"Most"
"Ohhh..."
"Yeah, but my weakest is Akina"
"I see"

vs. AE86M Akina DHD - loss
- This other guy who's been training Akina DHD lately wanted to race me. I let him do Akina... I led most of the way and he passed just after CP4. I tried to pass at the very end but the car got so unstable I stalled after a massive hit. I didn't BL down... so I didn't mind the loss. I'll get him next time since he's there just as much as I am. XD

Lastly... I'll list some small TA improvements I made with the Trueno:

Tsuchi OBD 2'46"6 --> 2'45"3
- I did it because this other old racer showed up. He's pretty arrogant... talking about how fun TST is but he only has 3'01" Akina. I didn't wanna say anything. He used to do Tsu OBD with the 86 a lot... I beat his old model record right in front of him. He had 2'48".

Happo OBD 2'24"3 --> 2'23"245 (no techs yet again)
- After pushing the Capp so much I decided to try this car for a change. The tail slides out much more than the Capp! Maybe I need a shopping cart wing for this car. I could've pulled 22 but kept messing up every run after this one.

Also... lots of failed R34 no-tech TA's on Akina. Oh well... my 205 is RL 22 now. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by CoastalmixX on Aug 29 2006, 09:29 PM
hellspare
Posted: Aug 29 2006, 10:29 PM

IDW Special Member

Haha nice battles. I was going to say wait wtf he didn't fish you, then I realized he took you all to wet. What a dick. Anyways good thing you won the last battle.
2prvdaBest
Posted: Aug 29 2006, 10:43 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 19,601

touge ninja dun worry I got your back. Im the cappu driver. Today me and touge ninja made a ID team and were still brainstorming on one and I think the current name is the ALL STAR DISS TEAM. IF you want to know just PM me because I can't say it here. Let' just say you have to do a certain >>ThInG<< to get in. Anyway Im racing touge ninja and everybody kept saying "cappu is the best dry car". I didn't believe them so I bought one and made it red because you need the car to be red to be in the team and something else......Anyway I'm let's say....I'll rate myself as a 6/10. My skills are normal and I can keep up with some people but it depends on my mood so my consistancy is not really good. So I raced the GTR on MYO Dry boost and I beat him. Then I raced on MYO wet and on the grand curve the car slides itself to the wall. It's not stable but I manage. I lost that round. After playing some MT2 I played on IRO and beat the 3 guys. Then a guy with a subaru raced me. He drives a GC8. PRetty good but bumps the walls somtimes. So were racing on SHO and Im ahead because you guessed it MY SIZE! I had a wide road he had a samll road. I turn easy he turns badly. I lost SHO OB though. When I raced on SHO IB I beat him on the final turn. Then I raced the same GC8 on AKAGI uphill and almost got him if it wasn't for that straightaway. All the races with the GC8 were all dry. I gotta say the cappu is fun. I feel like I can take on the pros on my Arcade when I FT the car. Get ready pros because the story of the small legend will arise whistling.gif . hehehe Im just exxagerating.
Cranky
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 01:30 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 18,646

went to the arcades today with me bro and my lil cousin. sadly, nobody. dry.gif

i then inspected my 180sx, changed the tune from C to B (batman wing w00t2.gif ). i later did a few time attacks, on akagi uh, and akina dh and uh. i was actually beating up my past at akina uh by .4 with basically an N Tune 615k car (the parts haven't been installed yet, cos it's my first play right after inspection) but i locked up at the 3rd section while eraser-ing sad.gif after that more tries but i ended up playing worse and worse pinch2.gif

i'll probably go there again this friday / saturday. i'm hell bent on lowering my akina dh and uh times, though they're only 3'04 and 3'16 respectively pinch2.gif

This post has been edited by Cranky on Aug 30 2006, 01:31 AM
Chrono
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 01:39 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 16,310

happy.gif

Today... Yesterday... Tuesday!
I went to go play ID thinking they still had the 12 dollar unlimited play promotion...
It went away cause school started...
So now its only 10 dollar unlimited tuesdays from 5pm - 10pm... pinch2.gif
I work during those times so no more wasting plays...

anyways...

I was able to light up 11 stars on BC with my AE86!
I tried once more on 12 star and learned that i suck horribly on Akina Snow...

I was able to also light up 5 stars on Irohazaka...
my best run was a 3'06 with it... without Bunta pushing me!

I learned something new because turning cleanly with minimal wall taps and shifting at the right time helped the AE86 accelerate nicely on Irohazaka! Thus, resulting in a whole second faster than my Personal Record TA!

With these accomplishments...
I know i need to brush up on Akina Snow...
And clean up my runs on Irohazaka for better times! happy.gif
icedagger
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 06:10 AM

Slowpoke...

Member No.: 18,773

I had terrible luck today at the arcade. The silver lining is I didn't end up losing my card.

I TA'd Akina. I was gunning for a 3'06 on my RX-7, (I got a 3'06 on LotS Bunta without him blocking so I just wanted to get it on a TA). I tried and failed 5 times, mostly due to botching the RHOD. So I gave up after a while and switched to my RX-8. I tried to break the 3'04 record held by a Capp on Sho OB.

As if the bad luck in Akina wasn't enough...

1st run, ran a 3'07. Let's call it a warm up, since I had just come from my RX-7, I used this match to warm up.

2nd run, 3'06, but I red lit the CP1 of the course record by -'0'0'100. happy.gif

3rd run, XXX I reached CP3 and had the course record red lit at -0'0'500. I was so excited I didn't notice the guy who was about to sit down in the next cab. Before I know it, he was taking me to Akina in his Trueno. He was a noob. I won by several hundred meters. He doesn't rechallenge.

4th run, XXX Some time in the middle of CP1 this chick sits down in the next cab and starts watching. I reach CP3, and red light the course record by -0'0'400. Then she suddenly drops a token in. I try to hit the start button, but it won't turn accept challengers off... X_X. She challenges and takes me to Myogi CCW Wet... Dammit. She didn't even know which pedal was the accelerator. I gave her a slight head start, but she didn't seem to know the first thing about driving. I ended up passing her 3 times because she got stuck on just about every turn (and maybe even on the straights as well).

5th run. 3'05. Here we go again. I enter the 4th section with the course record lit at -0'0'100. I was pretty excited as I was nearing the finish line, then somebody approaches the next cab. I hastily press the start button, but it messed up my timing a bit and I ended up understeering into a wall. Well, at least I beat my personal best by a few milliseconds.

6th run XXX. My last token. I have the course record red lit at -0'0'137 entering CP3 (yes it was exactly 137). Then the power in the arcade goes out. I walk up to one of the guys working there and tell him my card is still in the machine. He tells me he can't do anything and that I should wait for the power to come back on.

So I waited half an hour for the power to come back on. And when it did, I got my card back. They gave me 1 free play. Phew, at least my card was still working. I go back to Shomaru and try again. I mess up in CP1, and get a +1'200 section time. So then I got annoyed and just FQed and left.

What a sucky day...

This post has been edited by icedagger on Aug 30 2006, 06:47 AM
DALAZ_68
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 08:09 AM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

Member No.: 8,512

just a horrible night for me last night, i TA'd akina probly around 40 times, and couldnt improve, i mean section wise yes i got faster on my 2nd section, but i sum how mess it up and go to slow on my third and i got back up sleep.gif im so depressed

my first section stays the same, why u ask?!?! simple, i cant figure out how to clip the gutter on th e second turn of cp1, wen i do my time improves -100 sumtimes even more so... but alas thats my weakpoint, my akylis (sp) heel.

i wanna cry crying2.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums

159 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »