Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Maiko - Don't Go Baby

Important Rules
user posted imagePost everything about Initial D Arcade Stage Ver.3 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 subforums. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 56,350  ·  Replies: 95 
> What do you want to see on IDA.com?, initialD-arcade.com
razorsuKe
  Posted: Mar 21 2006, 12:32 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 12,243

QUOTE (project.D86 @ Today at 7:23 AM)
a wall of fame/shame? grin2.gif

actually I was thinking about this

but for actual people to stay away from

ie: scammers

what I'm thinking of is people who are trading/selling cards

people who are noted as trustworthy and those who are known scammers.

I know there is a transaction with team GoGo here that didn't get resolved, because the gogo member didn't give a damn about it, I consider it a scam.

Just things like that, people to watch out for.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Sakamoto-San
Posted: Mar 21 2006, 01:05 PM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,911

QUOTE (razorsuKe @ Today at 12:32 PM)

wink2.gif
MikeT
Posted: Mar 22 2006, 12:45 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 16,795

Hi guys,

First of all, I'd just like to say what a great job razorsuKe has done with the site; it's fascinating to hear about the time attack battles across the territories and keep up with all things Initial D related. smile.gif As a suggestion, I'd like to see a section on etiquette when playing in VS mode. I've only recently started playing (although I've been playing single player for about 4/5 years), but I'm wondering if there's some kind of protocol I should be following? Myself, I always ask the other player what course they'd like to race on, and suggest that we race with boost off, and I also shake the other player's hand before and after the race - I think I'm far too polite! :-) Although the other day I beat a guy on Happogahara with my lights off and he seemed quite annoyed. ermm2.gif And watching a few VS battles on a recent trip to Japan I notice that players won't even make eye contact with each other! Well perhaps I'm just curious as to what other people do, and maybe there's no right or wrong way of playing, but I thought it might be amusing to hear about other player's habits. :-)
DALAZ_68
Posted: Mar 22 2006, 01:50 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

Member No.: 8,512

QUOTE (razorsuKe @ Yesterday at 12:32 PM)
actually I was thinking about this

but for actual people to stay away from

ie: scammers

people who are noted as trustworthy and those who are known scammers.

I know there is a transaction with team GoGo here that didn't get resolved, because the gogo member didn't give a damn about it, I consider it a scam.

Just things like that, people to watch out for.

actually i believe it was resolved blink.gif

i think the issue was wrong mailing adress or something and the guy got an extra FT celica from wut i remember

atleast i think thats the same case
wolfdemon
Posted: Apr 4 2006, 10:43 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 13,269

How about a map of all the places that have a ID machine so we know where we can play when we go on vacation .

Also how do we get our teams website on your site ?

razorsuKe
  Posted: Apr 4 2006, 06:37 PM

IDW Goldmember

use the form on the right
CoastalmixX
Posted: Apr 17 2006, 05:19 PM

The Solution

Member No.: 2,428

How about other forums for additional gaming stages?

Such as ones for:

Street Stage
Special Stage

This post has been edited by CoastalmixX on Apr 17 2006, 05:19 PM
Tezza
Posted: May 11 2006, 10:03 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,836

more secksi pictures....
eekaynine
Posted: May 18 2006, 07:59 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 12,650

QUOTE (Tezza @ May 11 2006, 09:58 PM)
more secksi pictures....

yesyesyes more sexy pictures of cars n stuff smile.gif
eVILPeeR
Posted: May 27 2006, 11:56 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 17,959

Hi there! I hope this isn't the wrong way of asking such a question or I'm posting in the wrong area.

Now, I read the description thoroughly in the initiald-arcade.com "Advanced Techniques" page. This is my understanding of it, but I don't think I've got it quite fully and I was hoping some of you experts out there might be able to explain it a bit differently.

Okay, first question! It says, "To shift up and then down". However, if you're at gear 5 and your car isn't a 6-speed transmission, how do you shift up? Aswell, I see in many videos that they shift down then up. Is this the proper way of the eraser?

Second question! It says to do it as early as possible before the corner, while feinting. Okay, so here's my understanding of the feint. It's a corner where you turn as little as possible, right? Trying to make the corner "less than it is"? As in, you go into the very inside of the apex, and then come out of the corner on the opposite side. Now, it says to eraser (as in, shift up/down) as early as possible. I watched a video of Akina DDH, and he did this about a second early. How does this work exactly? I've tried many times this technique, to shift (I do down then up) early, but I don't see the effect? Am I not feinting properly?

Thanks! I hope my questions are easy to understand.
xkhol
Posted: May 27 2006, 12:40 PM

>_>

Member No.: 1,958

extra_peter
Posted: Jun 14 2006, 07:16 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 17,365

Hmm....let's see.....I wanna see the full carlist.....the upgrades.....the pics.....in other words.....an english version of the japanese version 3 arcade website. Show ENGLISH videos of some techniques.....feint.....etc....
CoastalmixX
Posted: Jun 14 2006, 07:33 PM

The Solution

QUOTE (extra_peter @ Today at 9:18 PM)
Hmm....let's see.....I wanna see the full carlist.....the upgrades.....the pics.....in other words.....an english version of the japanese version 3 arcade website. Show ENGLISH videos of some techniques.....feint.....etc....

That's asking quite a bit, especially when there's already an ENGLISH VERSION on the web. The pics are down but it's not like it matters.

http://initiald.sega.jp/english/ac_ver03/car.html

How did I find this? Well I used the internet's ultimate search function (y'know, GOOGLE) and searched "initial D game" and that was the first link I got.

And you can see the techniques in action through ANY of the videos on the Video Resources database on this forum.
Posted: Jun 15 2006, 05:04 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

QUOTE (CoastalmixX @ Today at 12:35 AM)
That's asking quite a bit, especially when there's already an ENGLISH VERSION on the web. The pics are down but it's not like it matters.

http://initiald.sega.jp/english/ac_ver03/car.html

How did I find this? Well I used the internet's ultimate search function (y'know, GOOGLE) and searched "initial D game" and that was the first link I got.

And you can see the techniques in action through ANY of the videos on the Video Resources database on this forum.
Jason_H.
Posted: Jun 30 2006, 05:56 AM

Safe On Block

Member No.: 1,239

Dancing Bunta sprites. Somewhere.

No I'm not kidding.
L4sT ReSOrT
Posted: Jul 8 2006, 01:59 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 14,263

Constant quotes/references to FF3:Tokyo Drift, not because I like it, but stictly because of the hilariousness of it.
"you ain't in control unless you outta control!"
that would be great for the TST
icedagger
Posted: Jul 29 2006, 04:54 PM

Slowpoke...

Member No.: 18,773

It might need a lot fo work, but in the long run I think it would really help if you had more in-depth guides on IDA.com (like the ones you see on GameFaqs, but based on information from posts on the forum. ).

There are several hundred posts in the Course and Car help thread, and it takes a lot of time to search through them all (even with the search function). It would be great to have all the data sorted out nicely and put on a website.

It would be a lot of hard work but in the end it would benefit everyone. As I see it, most questions are asked by newbies who don't read the pinned threads. With an in-depth guide, newbies won't ask that many questions as they can readily find it on the website.

You could even go and put a wiki on the site so you can get volunteers from the community to help maintain it.

My 2 cents.
S-avi_drift
Posted: Jul 29 2006, 05:18 PM

RX stealth ninja

Member No.: 17,825

^ so what your sayin is have it like. car help thread= instead of manufactors the car in general . course help thread= all courses seperate? All for AS section of idforms?
icedagger
Posted: Jul 30 2006, 05:16 AM

Slowpoke...

Yeah, something organized like that, but in wiki format. The idea would be to present all the relevant stuff discussed in those threads in a website. The course help and car help threads should remain to serve as a place to discuss things, but the answers to the most commonly asked stuff would be posted on the Wiki. That way, you can just have noobs read through the wiki instead of telling them to search through a hundred or so pages of posts before asking their question.
razorsuKe
  Posted: Aug 1 2006, 12:48 AM

IDW Goldmember

I think that the page itself is proof that me and Perry are no strangers to hard work.

As for the specific course info, I was trying to figure out a good way to do it or even have people post their faqs up.
But this is a good idea, I will think of something.

Car faq wise, all that crap is bullshit.
People try to say this part does this, this tune is better for that, no. Simple answer is, people can believe what they want but there is no proof that one part does one thing or another.
How can you trust the guys who "test" the parts when they don't run consistent times in the first place? How can you trust them when they probably change one part, go for one run and make a judgement about it.
Worse yet, they could be coming into the arcade and have a part change the first run and claim they'll be able to feel something different after they change a part and go for a second run.
It's mostly the same shit, thats how I feel about it, I prefer people customizing their cars for looks rather than trying to make a car that everyone thinks is best anyways.

Until someone shows good reason to put that up, I will leave it off.

CoastalmixX
Posted: Aug 1 2006, 08:30 AM

The Solution

^ Very true.

I randomly change parts/tune 50% of the time I get a part change or inspec. For the most part, I don't feel a difference. People can make a part change then beat their time the next run, but that doesn't exactly mean that that new part really made that run faster.
icedagger
Posted: Aug 1 2006, 08:29 PM

Slowpoke...

Hmm... The Dota All-Stars forum has a pretty good system for posting FAQs and guides.

Basically, they have 2 sub forums for guides. The first forum is a submission forum, and the second is a premium guide forum. To prevent spam, only mods should be able to start threads in the premium guide section.

So the basic process is:

1. Users create a guide, and post it in a thread in the submission forum.
2. Mods may opt to lock, or delete the thread if it doesn't meet quality standards. (Not really informative, poorly written, very incomplete, plagiarism etc.)
3. Other users can view the guide, and are free to constructively criticize it.
4. The creator of the guide can then improve his guide based on the feedback of other users.
5.Cycle between steps 2 to 4, Steadily improving the quality of the guide.
6. If a guide attains good quality (based on user feedback), the thread gets transferred by the mods to the premium guide sub forum.

Then all you'd have to do is to allow people visiting IDA.com to view the first post in each thread of the premium guide section.

This post has been edited by icedagger on Aug 1 2006, 08:31 PM
razorsuKe
  Posted: Aug 1 2006, 08:51 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (icedagger @ Today at 10:29 PM)
Hmm... The Dota All-Stars forum has a pretty good system for posting FAQs and guides.

Basically, they have 2 sub forums for guides. The first forum is a submission forum, and the second is a premium guide forum. To prevent spam, only mods should be able to start threads in the premium guide section.

So the basic process is:

1. Users create a guide, and post it in a thread in the submission forum.
2. Mods may opt to lock, or delete the thread if it doesn't meet quality standards. (Not really informative, poorly written, very incomplete, plagiarism etc.)
3. Other users can view the guide, and are free to constructively criticize it.
4. The creator of the guide can then improve his guide based on the feedback of other users.
5.Cycle between steps 2 to 4, Steadily improving the quality of the guide.
6. If a guide attains good quality (based on user feedback), the thread gets transferred by the mods to the premium guide sub forum.

Then all you'd have to do is to allow people visiting IDA.com to view the first post in each thread of the premium guide section.

sounds like good shit except I haven't seen much activity with people writing guides or faqs for ID, for a while.

but it seems like something to try none the less.

Give a shout to Perry, he manages the forum stuff.
Stanli
Posted: Sep 19 2006, 06:55 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 20,177

I know this is very ambitious but...

Seriously, a car FAQ. I guess maybe not what you mentioned, different parts being bullshit and whatnot. But I guess an overall feel guide, like "This car gets a 7/10 in driftiness, and consequently, a 3/10 in grippiness. It accelerates pretty bad, 3/10, etc." It would make car selection a lot easier.

And if you just wanted to, car pics. Basically what the official Initial D site has, except in all colors. I seriously sometimes can't decide just because a color is so distracting.

Anyway, just my input.
Posted: Sep 19 2006, 07:44 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

try the version 2 site, you can change colours there for all pics of a certain car ( http://initiald.sega.jp/ac_ver3/car/index.html ), car faqs are out there on the net too

This post has been edited by 207 on Sep 19 2006, 07:45 PM

4 Pages  1 2 3 4