Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing McFly - Corrupted

Important Rules
user posted imagePost everything about Initial D Arcade Stage Ver.3 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 subforums. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

9 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 92,545  ·  Replies: 212 
> Card reader error solution :), How to NOT get your card eaten...
KeNgai_rcrZero
  Posted: Apr 4 2005, 05:38 PM

Reigning and Defending

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 625

suuuuuure you guys do rolleyes.gif
xkhol
Posted: Apr 4 2005, 05:46 PM

>_>

Member No.: 1,958

QUOTE (saad! @ Apr 4 2005, 06:18 PM)
^^ tell more details

everyone who knows how, isn't allowed to say
ZERO1
Posted: Apr 4 2005, 11:13 PM

Agent ZeRo the Racer

Member No.: 3,900

y not?
Batmanbeyon
Posted: Apr 5 2005, 10:55 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 3,218

is there a way to transfer an english card to the japanese machine?.
KeNgai_rcrZero
  Posted: Apr 5 2005, 01:00 PM

Reigning and Defending

^^^^ nope, that's why there are 2 versions, the english and the japanese blink.gif
xkhol
Posted: Apr 5 2005, 04:18 PM

>_>

Member No.: 1,958

QUOTE (ZERO1 @ Apr 5 2005, 12:13 AM)
y not?

because....then everyone will find out...and then if ppl have multiples of the same card, the orginal loses importance...and we don't want ppl just using clones of other ppl's cards

This post has been edited by .::xkhol::. on Apr 5 2005, 04:19 PM
KeNgai_rcrZero
  Posted: Apr 5 2005, 07:32 PM

Reigning and Defending

^^^ Attack of the clones! blink.gif laugh.gif
ZERO1
Posted: Apr 15 2005, 09:25 AM

Agent ZeRo the Racer

Member No.: 3,900

i guess u have a good point
GDB
Posted: Apr 21 2005, 01:38 AM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,989

Thanks for the reader for the solution
Calum Day
Posted: Apr 29 2005, 10:13 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,929

This happened to me at Mulligans recently actually.

I went there to renew my card cause the usual arcade I go to doesnt have ink and I care about stupid trivial shit like pretty stars on my card.

So I sit down and waiting waiting waiting, and I get the error. I press start and view change a few times and still not going, so I go and get an arcade attendant. The guy sits there and opens up the card reader, and messes with it for a little bit and proceeds to tell me, "Well all we can do is give you your tokens back"

Im like, "Well, I dont care about the tokens, give me the $100+ or so Ive put into that card or get my card out of there"

So another guy comes over and takes the top card out that seems to be jamming it and closes it back up. He htis start and view change and it goes right through.

The thing that bothered me is the first guy just wanted to give up and just the machines off. He poked the card reader with a pencil a few times and just gave up :[

Then there's the time I jammed the card reader challenging Bunta with a stock car, but thats a different story. >.>
KeNgai_rcrZero
  Posted: May 1 2005, 01:23 PM

Reigning and Defending

hahaha, had that 1st guy wanted to be an idiot, your card would have been pwned, good thing there was someone there with some common sense wink2.gif
blizg
Posted: May 7 2005, 10:22 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 7,411

woah cool. ill keep that in mind incase that happens to me.
warboy85
Posted: May 13 2005, 05:13 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 5,008

wad if my card jam after i press no on the cont. button? my BNR34 just died because of this.. damm it... i ask the arcade pple to open the cover n take out the card. den when i go play, it cant be used n i was damm piss... ani idea to slove this error???
Ezeikial
Posted: May 13 2005, 08:03 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 7,651

thanks for putting this up, this could come in handy since my inspection is due in the next 4 plays

sad.gif *doesnt want anything to happen to his EvoIV*
PhantomaZero
Posted: May 22 2005, 03:28 PM

I hate this map

Member No.: 2,007

So I was at the movies watching this guy purchase a new card (NOT INSPECTION.) The machine spits out a blank card (before he gets to play) and a card jam error message appears. He takes out the card, continues playing, and gets nothing after finishing. Is this something that can happen to any machine?

This post has been edited by PhantomaZero on May 22 2005, 03:29 PM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
TDS 180SX KEVIN
Posted: May 23 2005, 03:35 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 6,657

i know who u got it from havoc

This post has been edited by TDS 180SX KEVIN on May 23 2005, 03:38 PM
dai2i2ick
Posted: May 25 2005, 08:56 AM

retired and bored as hell

Member No.: 2,085

didn't know where to post this really but it's sorta related to a card reader error. i guess this also goes to whoever plays at boomers in livermore. i put my card in to play on the left machine and it said there was a card reader error and i pressed start and view change a couple of times and my card would pop out. this happened with three of the cards, however i saw other people putting their cards in and it worked but when they tried to eject their cards when they were done, the card reader error message would pop up again. so i'm not too sure if it's my cards that are pwned or if it's the reader. if a card has been damaged what message would pop up on the screen?
J2.0
Posted: May 25 2005, 03:46 PM

2.0? wtf is that?

Member No.: 6,414

^^^ it probably would say that it can't read the card and spit it back out.
ozzy
Posted: May 25 2005, 06:13 PM

i will soon own so cal! :D

Member No.: 3,711

QUOTE (Miguel @ Mar 19 2005, 10:47 AM)
The ONLY solution so far for this problem:

Ok, everyone here at one point has had their share of cards eaten by the card reader either at transfer, renewal, or purchase. Well, after my share of experiences at a number of arcades, this solution has always saved my ass, so I thought I'd share it with you guys. This has only been tested and successfuly approved with transfering, renewing and purchasing of cards, I'll use Inspection for the example since this is the time it most often comes up.

Ok so you sit down to what you think is your normal play of initial D, and you put your card in, well little do you know it's inspection time! So you go about what you normally do here and put your coins in for your new card, the machine then spits out your invalid and you wait...........and wait.............and wait...............*looks at watch*.......then you start thinking oh shit, what if it eats it since it's taking too long? Now comes the worse part, you see the " Card reader error, please call attendant and reset the machine" screen and you freak out! This is the part where people give up, well, instead of giving up hope and shutting off the machine and killing your card that you put soooo much money into..(this is going to be long so get ready).....Talk to the arcade attendant, ask for the person with the keys to the machine if it's not that particular arcade attendant, and ask them to please open the card reader/writer. Now here are the steps:

1. Get them to open the card reader/writer for you

2. Now you must lift up the gold plate that sits above the card that's being written on. There is a little latch to lift this plate right in front of it nearest to you, it's a staight metallic bar with a piece of plastic over it, about half the size of your pinky.

3. Now, once you have the gold plate up, you should be able to see the new card that's supposed to be written on, take that card out of the card reader doesn't have to be cautious because this card hasn't been written on and won't be written on at all.

4. Once the card is out, shut the gold plate back the way it was BUT make sure it clicks to make sure it's completely shut.

5. Close the card reader back up and press the start/view change buttons.

You should now see the "Please remove your card, this card can no longer be used" screen but it won't give you another invalid. Wait from 5 to 10 seconds and you're good to go.

The reason for this is still a mystery to me, but I'm guessing that when the new card is inserted, the sensor for the card reader/writer that detects when the card's been inserted doesn't read it, therefore can't write on it. Please, if you ever have this problem take my advice and use this information, it's the only chance you have of saving your card, DONT TURN OFF THE MACHINE. I've used this over and over to save other peoples, and my own cards, and it's been done at numerous arcades, so I know that it's not JUST the machines in my area, these are arcades all over so cal and some in santa maria. But please, use this information to your advantage, I mean, with this error already in progress, what else do you have to lose? blink.gif Thanks for your time and I hope this works for you the way it does for me, because without it, I would have quit a loooooooonnnnnngggg time ago.

-Kengai_rcrZero

IF a card jam happens during card renewal/inspection, a message like "Card Write Error, Please Restart The Machine"(not exact, something like that) shows up. Sometimes you can use Start + View Change and you can get lucky and the card reader will save the data on a new card. However, sometimes you don't get lucky and have to call the technician.

Now, when a technician comes, DO NOT let him off the machine. (even if the machine says so) If he does your car is GONE. (Gone here as in NO MORE) When the machine starts up your car will not be there.

Get the technician to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon
Have the employee open the card reader and disconnect the wires then reconnect them... then press start+view change...

From : http://www.initial-d.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16535

or you could ask them to take out the next card that is supposed to be out. (The one at the bottom) and reinsert it.
Source : http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/ge...&topic=17713757

I saw someone in ver2 get this and he lost his DC2 because of it. Don't let it happen to you.
Posted: May 25 2005, 06:34 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 4,825

I'm print this card reader error info and stick it in my back pocket if this happens to me laugh2.gif
KeNgai_rcrZero
  Posted: May 25 2005, 09:01 PM

Reigning and Defending

The whole connect reconnect thing doesn't always work, if it does, it's the same as getting lucky with hitting start and view change over and over laugh.gif But hey, it's worth a try, your last resort is what I posted up though, unless you can find something else that's been proven to work all the time, other than the links you provided, there is no other guaranteed solution, sorry sad.gif
ozzy
Posted: May 25 2005, 09:05 PM

QUOTE (Miguel @ May 25 2005, 09:01 PM)
The whole connect reconnect thing doesn't always work, if it does, it's the same as getting lucky with hitting start and view change over and over laugh.gif But hey, it's worth a try, your last resort is what I posted up though, unless you can find something else that's been proven to work all the time, other than the links you provided, there is no other guaranteed solution, sorry sad.gif

stfu miguel. i posted that cause u didnt have it up here. adding more solutions. so that if urs doesnt work u can try the other two. tongue.gif to maybe make it a gurantee work chaances 2 out of 3 is better than 1 out of 3.
KeNgai_rcrZero
  Posted: May 25 2005, 09:26 PM

Reigning and Defending

But, what I posted works ALL the time, guaranteed, so you're just adding other things to try, but why? And it's not "MY" solution, there are plenty of other people out there that knew this already, I've known this forever too, just didn't post it back then.

Oh btw, nice sig grin2.gif
ozzy
Posted: May 25 2005, 09:59 PM

QUOTE (Miguel @ May 25 2005, 09:26 PM)
But, what I posted works ALL the time, guaranteed, so you're just adding other things to try, but why? And it's not "MY" solution, there are plenty of other people out there that knew this already, I've known this forever too, just didn't post it back then.

Oh btw, nice sig grin2.gif

who ever said ur method always works? it doesnt ALWAYS work. its not proven to 100% gurantee save u
KeNgai_rcrZero
  Posted: May 25 2005, 10:40 PM

Reigning and Defending

...yes it is, proven by most of the people on here that have used it, along with most of the people in socal that play, and most of the people in the EC, and your methods? Where's your proof?

9 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »