Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - No Turning Back

Important Rules
user posted imagePost everything about Initial D Arcade Stage Ver.3 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 subforums. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

9 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 92,544  ·  Replies: 212 
> Card reader error solution :), How to NOT get your card eaten...
KeNgai_rcrZero
  Posted: Mar 19 2005, 10:47 AM

Reigning and Defending

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 625

The ONLY solution so far for this problem:

Ok, everyone here at one point has had their share of cards eaten by the card reader either at transfer, renewal, or purchase. Well, after my share of experiences at a number of arcades, this solution has always saved my ass, so I thought I'd share it with you guys. This has only been tested and successfuly approved with transfering, renewing and purchasing of cards, I'll use Inspection for the example since this is the time it most often comes up.

Ok so you sit down to what you think is your normal play of initial D, and you put your card in, well little do you know it's inspection time! So you go about what you normally do here and put your coins in for your new card, the machine then spits out your invalid and you wait...........and wait.............and wait...............*looks at watch*.......then you start thinking oh shit, what if it eats it since it's taking too long? Now comes the worse part, you see the " Card reader error, please call attendant and reset the machine" screen and you freak out! This is the part where people give up, well, instead of giving up hope and shutting off the machine and killing your card that you put soooo much money into..(this is going to be long so get ready).....Talk to the arcade attendant, ask for the person with the keys to the machine if it's not that particular arcade attendant, and ask them to please open the card reader/writer. Now here are the steps:

1. Get them to open the card reader/writer for you

2. Now you must lift up the gold plate that sits above the card that's being written on. There is a little latch to lift this plate right in front of it nearest to you, it's a staight metallic bar with a piece of plastic over it, about half the size of your pinky.

3. Now, once you have the gold plate up, you should be able to see the new card that's supposed to be written on, take that card out of the card reader doesn't have to be cautious because this card hasn't been written on and won't be written on at all.

4. Once the card is out, shut the gold plate back the way it was BUT make sure it clicks to make sure it's completely shut.

5. Close the card reader back up and press the start/view change buttons.

You should now see the "Please remove your card, this card can no longer be used" screen but it won't give you another invalid. Wait from 5 to 10 seconds and you're good to go.

The reason for this is still a mystery to me, but I'm guessing that when the new card is inserted, the sensor for the card reader/writer that detects when the card's been inserted doesn't read it, therefore can't write on it. Please, if you ever have this problem take my advice and use this information, it's the only chance you have of saving your card, DONT TURN OFF THE MACHINE. I've used this over and over to save other peoples, and my own cards, and it's been done at numerous arcades, so I know that it's not JUST the machines in my area, these are arcades all over so cal and some in santa maria. But please, use this information to your advantage, I mean, with this error already in progress, what else do you have to lose? blink.gif Thanks for your time and I hope this works for you the way it does for me, because without it, I would have quit a loooooooonnnnnngggg time ago.

-Kengai_rcrZero
Cappo Frappo
Posted: Mar 19 2005, 11:25 AM

Member No.: 4,419

damn nice on miguel
but what i really want to know is how to clone cards

This post has been edited by saad! on Mar 19 2005, 09:17 PM
HAVOC 77
Posted: Mar 19 2005, 11:26 AM

EVO IV Driver

Member No.: 2,324

Thats EXACTLY how i saved my FD
Cappo Frappo
Posted: Mar 19 2005, 11:29 AM

that also worked to save my 8v
pRodigal
Posted: Mar 19 2005, 11:47 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,333

Wish we could open up the card reader at our arcade ermm2.gif

Our mechanic doesnt trust the workers with the key. then again neither would I since our arcade is at a bowling alley.
Krayzey f00L
Posted: Mar 19 2005, 12:12 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 2,685

one guy lost all his data last nite. it was so sad. crying2.gif
we kept the machine on to see if the guy with the keys and knowledge would come and open it, and then this guy out of nowhere comes and unplugs the machine and evry1 was all " i didnt do it!" and the guy lost all his data. so yeah... wat werks fer me is to bang the card reader with my palm once or twice, like when i purchase a card, usually works.
GAARA
Posted: Mar 19 2005, 12:17 PM

UFC Light Heavyweight Champ, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson!!!

Member No.: 2,633

My homie rob has saved my card so many times like this.
skool
Posted: Mar 19 2005, 12:27 PM

Team Mazishi!!!

Member No.: 3,604

God Bless u Miguel worship.gif
xkhol
Posted: Mar 19 2005, 12:56 PM

>_>

Member No.: 1,958

Miguel....good topic, but this is against the guidelines...i'll find something to unpin or merge this with
and i'm printing this...keep it with my ID cards in case shit ever happens

This post has been edited by xkhol on Mar 19 2005, 12:58 PM
skool
Posted: Mar 19 2005, 01:07 PM

Team Mazishi!!!

Member No.: 3,604

QUOTE (xkhol @ Mar 19 2005, 12:56 PM)
Miguel....good topic, but this is against the guidelines...i'll find something to unpin or merge this with
and i'm printing this...keep it with my ID cards in case shit ever happens

well said, same here...I'll slip a copy of it under one of the ID machines at my arcade grin2.gif
Masa
Posted: Mar 19 2005, 01:52 PM

my gf is faster than your gf

Member No.: 819

i wish i knew that when i lost a ft trueno at camelot.
Excel
Posted: Mar 19 2005, 03:07 PM

Snake is Sony's lone hero

Member No.: 4,625

I noticed it also helps if you take all the cards out of the card reader and put them back in again.
ominous
Posted: Mar 19 2005, 03:45 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 5,961

thanks, miguel. this i know will help in the future. im still a noob so it hasnt happen yet. so when it does ill be ready.
Posted: Mar 19 2005, 05:26 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 5,549

Done quite understand, I just know that u take the new card out and close the card reader and that's all?
Btw, is there any special care needed for the ID card?
Last time i play at the arcade when i insert all my token then i found that a card stuck at the reader, im quite angry and bang on the reader also press the start and view change button then the card pop out, found that its a faulty card(lil scrath on the card), im so angry and try to tear it off but cant laugh.gif , so i just dump it to somewhere else..

This post has been edited by 8066 on Mar 19 2005, 05:32 PM
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Mar 19 2005, 07:41 PM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

This information would be quite handy. happy.gif Gonna pass this to the arcade attendant i usually frequent. Hopefully he would listen, unlike some other arcades which just turn off machines upon error. dry.gif

This post has been edited by Phoenix_Cypher_K1 on Mar 19 2005, 07:42 PM
Whoosh
Posted: Mar 19 2005, 09:13 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 5,972

there is another thing when your bout to buy a card and it says card is jamed when there is really no cards how are you able to get it out or make it new card wihtotu wasting your money?
KeNgai_rcrZero
  Posted: Mar 19 2005, 10:05 PM

Reigning and Defending

uh..... you can't buy a card, because it wont take you to the buy a new card screen when there's no cards, it's programmed to not allow you to purchase, so I have no Idea what you mean? blink.gif
Cappo Frappo
Posted: Mar 19 2005, 10:05 PM

miguels right

read your pm miguel
tecD
Posted: Mar 19 2005, 10:18 PM

Turboh Enjin Charjd D-mons

Member No.: 5,514

ahaha. great directions and help. now im gonna print this stuff out and stick it in my wallet for next time the machine eats my card
Whoosh
Posted: Mar 19 2005, 10:44 PM

IDW Prime Member

ok ill explain exactly what happened. first i put in 50 cents for the game
then i put another 50 cents for a new card then i wait. it doesnt say card purchased but the screen stayed the same and after like a min it says card jam. so there is cards in there but something is not letting it come out. it happened last night too. is there a way to fix it without the key. jason tried hitting it last night and it work but i tired hitting it today and it didnt. is there a certain spot?
KeNgai_rcrZero
  Posted: Mar 19 2005, 11:08 PM

Reigning and Defending

uh...no, that's the only way to get it out if your "hits" don't work, you must open the card reader, I did explain that with that big ass post didn't I? I stated that this process is for when you're 1. transffering, 2. inspecting, and 3. purchasing, and if hitting it doesn't help then you're pretty much screwed unless you get someone to open it.
Whoosh
Posted: Mar 19 2005, 11:47 PM

IDW Prime Member

then im screwed cuz the bowling alley dont have the keys crying2.gif
ceraf
Posted: Mar 20 2005, 02:08 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 4,990

Whoosh:

This happened to me before when I was buying a new card...seems like it's just a problem with the machine hardware, so it'll card-jam everytime you try to buy a card. One reason why I hate old Initial D machines.

Now it's been about a couple months since one machine at my arcade couldn't sell cards. Either it takes too much money to fix, or they can't figure out what the problem is. Just tell the arcade manager to stick a legible warning sign on the machine.
?wha?
Posted: Mar 20 2005, 02:17 PM

In sexy black'n gold :D

Member No.: 5,914

Can anyone explain then how your card gets eaten BEFORE inspection? I had an RX 8 with 4 plays left and i put it into the machine, do akina and wait for it to spit it back out after the game. *waits for 30 seconds with loud clicking sound from the reader...* card comes out. next time i try the card, CARD ERROR and it hasn't worked ever since.
KeNgai_rcrZero
  Posted: Mar 20 2005, 02:35 PM

Reigning and Defending

That is the problem that no one knows the answer to, well, not me at least and anyone I know, you thought inspection was dreadful, wait till you get the "Error saving data" at the end of your regular games, then you're really screwed. crying2.gif

9 Pages  1 2 3 »