Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Blazin' Beat

Important Rules
user posted imagePost everything about Initial D Arcade Stage Ver.3 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 subforums. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

18 Pages  « 16 17 18  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 115,040  ·  Replies: 430 
> Version 3 Frequently Asked Questions, Darthchilli's Rules on Ver.3 Discussion
Pyro90x
Posted: Dec 11 2009, 02:33 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,479

Hello guys just new to Initial D v3 and I was talking with a guy about the game. Told me to start off with a Evo7 (which I have a card for now) nd I like how it handles. Now the main question I have on is drifting. How he explained it was something like approaching the turn from the outside,downshift, brake (no gas) turn, gas then comming out of the turn upshift. Is this entirely right, seems to work kinda just gotta learn it more. Just wondering if thats like the proper technique.

Now another question that I have is when I saw him racing on Akina, he approached a hard right turn with a left turn going outside then turning in. Now is that basically to get the skid?

Sorry if I'm mad nooby lol
DigiBunny
Posted: Dec 11 2009, 02:43 AM

Reading is magic!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,700

What he explained was basically the line, or the way one should approach a turn to get the best possible exit speed and position for the map. He's pretty much right, except he was hazy on a few details; namely...

1.) You have to brake as in BRAKE. Take the first turn of Akina for example. If you went in there just tapping the brakes once then downshifting, chances are you're going to introduce your front bumper to the guardrail at high speed. Speeds vary, but there's a general range of 125-135 that should be good enough for a first timer.

The actual slide of the car happens when you're braking and turning.

2.) This is the basic beginner's tech. Dont do anything fancy yet because it REALLY will not help.

Pyro90x
Posted: Dec 11 2009, 02:55 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 34,479

Thank for clearing up those details, I just have to know when to shift and brake. I have it down a little bit but it seems I'm taking the turn too early. I'm all up for tips nd tricks lols
LaLaLa
Posted: Feb 10 2010, 02:26 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 33,109

I'm not sure how to play either D; I need help. Getting bored.
CoastalmixX
Posted: Feb 10 2010, 11:00 AM

The Solution

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,428

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6zuUNUoWv4

All the help you need... for now
DudeBro521
Posted: Feb 14 2010, 01:41 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 34,748

if i were you i would focus on the video coastal put up. he told me to forget about tst and eraser and just focus on the wheel jerk method. if i were you i would do the same.

18 Pages  « 16 17 18