Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing 86 was dead

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 5,449  ·  Replies: 38 
> Lets bring Initial D 7 to NJ!, Help Bring InitialD arcade Stage 7 to NJ/Tri-state area
SonicSP
Posted: Nov 30 2014, 07:55 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

I forgot about Nana, haha.

I'm under the impression that Usui actually matches the real life Usui at Google Earth though it doesn't match the ones used in the show which wasn't a loop.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Nov 30 2014, 07:58 PM
DK_Brawler
Posted: Nov 30 2014, 11:44 PM

IDW Special Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,567

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 3 hours, 49 minutes ago)
I forgot about Nana, haha.

I'm under the impression that Usui actually matches the real life Usui at Google Earth though it doesn't match the ones used in the show which wasn't a loop.

Yeah the real "Shin Usui" was only playable on Special Stage, and that course was really difficult. It also had a couple more stages that never came to AS
rallyarmor
Posted: Dec 1 2014, 03:34 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 44,695

QUOTE (DukeofShadows @ Oct 14 2014, 12:05 PM)
go here===>> https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/initial-...-8-on-the-break <<===go here

I am a local arcade gamer at the 8 on the break arcade. I love Initial D hence why I am on this forum and if you are in the North East Coast area you know that it is hard to not only find Initial D machines but also to to find versions higher than arcade stage 4 this arcade is in Dunellen NJ and its one of the few arcades still alive and one of the few with Initial D still in it. From one Initial D hound to another lets not keep Initial D arcade stage a Japan only thing I have been itching to play arcade stage 7 and I am sure some of you are too.

P.S. I had no clue what to type before hence the advertising look to it I just copied and pasted

What does this arcade center currently have now?
Rudy
Posted: Dec 2 2014, 09:25 AM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
rallyarmor
Posted: Dec 2 2014, 07:56 PM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (Rudy @ Today, 9:25 AM)
Two really well used IDAS3 cabinets. They've a seen over 10 years of action and are due for retirement.

Those suckers could be upgraded to 5,6 or 7. Hell even version 4. I was able to upgrade my ID2 cabs to ID5 with minor changes.

Hopefully someone over there still cares. I'm sure we can help in upgrading. smile.gif
Falbere
Posted: Dec 2 2014, 11:24 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

QUOTE (rallyarmor @ 3 hours, 28 minutes ago)
Those suckers could be upgraded to 5,6 or 7. Hell even version 4. I was able to upgrade my ID2 cabs to ID5 with minor changes.

Hopefully someone over there still cares. I'm sure we can help in upgrading. smile.gif

Wait... so D2 is upgradable to D5?
Because from my memories, D1 and D2 is this very old cabin, and they freshened it up a little in D3.
but D4 to D8 is completely different right?
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
rallyarmor
Posted: Dec 3 2014, 11:03 AM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (dummyinthecity @ Yesterday, 11:24 PM)
Wait... so D2 is upgradable to D5?
Because from my memories, D1 and D2 is this very old cabin, and they freshened it up a little in D3.
but D4 to D8 is completely different right?
Correct me if I'm wrong.

The cabinet itself can be adapted to work with ID4 to ID7. D8 probably too since it runs on the same hardware.
My ID2 cab is upgraded to ID5.
I replaced the following:

NAOMI 2 -> Lindbergh PC
CRT -> LCD
NAOMI 2 PSU -> Lindbergh PSU
Card Reader
Force Feedback board

Everything else is the same and can be re-used to work.

This post has been edited by rallyarmor on Dec 3 2014, 11:04 AM
Rudy
Posted: Dec 3 2014, 07:14 PM

Unregistered

rallyarmor
Posted: Dec 3 2014, 07:43 PM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (Rudy @ 29 minutes, 3 seconds ago)
The two cabinets in question are really beat up though. Steering wheel missing bits of plasdtic. Signs all screwed up, the lights long burned out. It would probably cost as much to revitalize the current cabinets as it would to justg buy two lightly used IDAS7 units.

Probably but the ID5+ cabs are all metal. ID1,2,3 are MDF/Wood/Metal so it really depends on the cab owner. I personally like the ID3 Cab, it's easy to restore given it's mostly wood and plastic.
Falbere
Posted: Dec 3 2014, 08:38 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

QUOTE (rallyarmor @ 54 minutes, 46 seconds ago)
Probably but the ID5+ cabs are all metal. ID1,2,3 are MDF/Wood/Metal so it really depends on the cab owner. I personally like the ID3 Cab, it's easy to restore given it's mostly wood and plastic.

Can you take a pic of your id2 cabs running id5? Very interested now...
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
rallyarmor
Posted: Dec 8 2014, 11:08 AM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (dummyinthecity @ Dec 3 2014, 08:38 PM)
Can you take a pic of your id2 cabs running id5? Very interested now...

It'll probably be a while. I'm selling the cabs so I had to put ID2 back in for people that wanted to see it working.

Essentially, Remove the following components:

CRT
Midi Servo board
Naomi console
GD-ROM

Add the following:

LCD monitor
FFB board
Lindbergh
Lindbergh Power Supply
Card reader (can be left outside the cab or on top of the Naomi 2 card reader

All connections remain the same, just move the connections from the Midi Servo to the FFB board.

This post has been edited by rallyarmor on Dec 8 2014, 11:11 AM
Rudy
Posted: Dec 10 2014, 11:38 AM

Unregistered

Bansheeboy11
Posted: Dec 14 2014, 04:28 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 44,978

The two machines at Nanuet Arcade are good, the owner is pretty good with keeping them going. One of the machines has the two cabs linked, the other isnt but hes working on it. Me and some friends are usually there a few times a week.
Venny503
Posted: Feb 7 2015, 08:43 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 42,095

QUOTE (dori. @ Nov 17 2014, 04:04 AM)
nanuetarcade.com

they have ID7 there

Holy shit these guys have IIDX 22 and are getting a DDR 2015 white cab

2 Pages  1 2