Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Dave Mc Loud - Street of Fire

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 32,578  ·  Replies: 85 
> Ghost in the Shell Film (Live Action)
xiao
Posted: Apr 18 2016, 10:03 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 2 hours, 6 minutes ago)
Hmm, let me hazard a guess, not a big fan of Kotaku? tongue.gif It's just one of the sites I visit for gaming news (it has the odd interesting article from time to time), others include Gematsu and Dual Shockers.

laugh.gif I was just trying to brown-nose to Kyon cause I consider him senpai~ grin2.gif

Actually I don't know anything about gaming sites. The furthest I go is Mecha Damashii and the ANN X-Button Blog...

I used to visit Pinecone Attack, Gematsu, Gamasutra, The 1Up Show with that Hot Japanese Jane girl, Insert Credit, Zeppy's Canned Dogs blog, insomi.ac, Game Watch, Destructoid, and the Shumps forums (I LOVE SPACESHIP SHMUPS)...

But everything's so conveniently on YouTube or podcast format nowadays, that I'd rather wait till the news hits my feed in A/V format... audio/video that is... a/v of the other variety I stopped a looong time ago in favour of JAV and subsequently pure 2D Sad Panda books~ grin2.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 19 2016, 07:13 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (The Sixth Element @ Today, 12:25 AM)
Also, I just realize that the team is not getting help from ANYONE at Kodansha or the creator for this.

I already have a bad feeling about this.....

Sam Yoshiba, the director of the international business division at Kodansha's Tokyo headquarters, commented on the controversy with support for Johansson.

"Looking at her career so far, I think Scarlett Johansson is well cast," he said. "She has the cyberpunk feel. And we never imagined it would be a Japanese actress in the first place." He added that the adaptation is offering an opportunity for a Japanese property to be seen worldwide. Yoshiba recently returned from the set of the film in New Zealand and said he was impressed by the respect the production was showing for the source material.
xiao
Posted: Apr 19 2016, 07:40 PM

moon bunny

I think the issue here is that it's Hollywood. The end-all be-all of the film industry.

Cause if this was another Hong Kong Initial D Live Action, or a Metal Gear Solid Bollywood flick with no-name actors... no one would even flinch at the thought of an adaptation~ tongue.gif

I remember a couple of years back ANN was all up on fire cause of a tentative Captain Harlock film with Hollywood stars.
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 19 2016, 07:51 PM

QUOTE (xiao @ 11 minutes, 3 seconds ago)
I think the issue here is that it's Hollywood. The end-all be-all of the film industry.

Cause if this was another Hong Kong Initial D Live Action, or a Metal Gear Solid Bollywood flick with no-name actors... no one would even flinch at the thought of an adaptation~ tongue.gif

I remember a couple of years back ANN was all up on fire cause of a tentative Captain Harlock film with Hollywood stars.

Didn't they make one in Japan? I remember seeing a Harlock live action film on Netflix and it seemed to be a Japanese production.

Man, this reminds me about G Saviour, a Canadian/Japanese live action Gundam, it wasn't that great, they didn't even have the word Gundam in the title or uttered in the course of the movie.
The Sixth Element
Posted: Apr 19 2016, 08:09 PM

matter intangible

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,779

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 56 minutes, 38 seconds ago)

Director of International Business at Kodansha comments on Scarlett Johansson in Ghost in the Shell

They're really expecting to get cash from this by having American actresses aren't they?

They should just release this as Dragon Ball or The Last Airbender... facepalm.gif
xiao
Posted: Apr 20 2016, 03:42 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 7 hours, 49 minutes ago)
Man, this reminds me about G Saviour, a Canadian/Japanese live action Gundam, it wasn't that great, they didn't even have the word Gundam in the title or uttered in the course of the movie.

ahhh G Saviour... the dirty ginger step-child of the Gundam Universe... not even G' Reco is that bad!! ahahah xDD

Yeah I don't remember the details to the Harlock film... all I recall is that everybody wanted some Spanish guy to make it, since his fan-film trailer was hailed as pretty accurate~ grin2.gif

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26zFDfpL3vY )

He also made some other pretty neat trailers, like Metal Gear, etc. clover.gif

This post has been edited by xiao on Aug 27 2016, 04:48 PM
SgtXDNX
Posted: Apr 20 2016, 05:56 AM

Goddamn Electric

Member No.: 23,073

Man, get outta here with all the G-Saviour shade. Quite enjoyed the movie, a lot of the shite it gets is pretty undeserved. biggrin.gif
xiao
Posted: Apr 20 2016, 06:26 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (SgtXDNX @ 28 minutes, 7 seconds ago)
Man, get outta here with all the G-Saviour shade. Quite enjoyed the movie, a lot of the shite it gets is pretty undeserved. biggrin.gif

I gotta re-watch it, cause all I remember was thiking... man I should be playing Omega Boost right now... XD

I gotta admit, if they continue it with modern day cinematography, it'd make a pretty neat sequel. grin2.gif

Also, Strike Suit Zero! For pete's sake why didn't Strike Suit Zero/Infinity have any frickin' cut-scenes~!! Curse you Junji Okubo and your cheapass video game company... you left us high & dry!! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by xiao on Apr 20 2016, 06:26 AM
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 26 2016, 02:55 PM

QUOTE (xiao @ Apr 20 2016, 10:26 AM)
I gotta re-watch it, cause all I remember was thiking... man I should be playing Omega Boost right now... XD

I gotta admit, if they continue it with modern day cinematography, it'd make a pretty neat sequel. grin2.gif

Also, Strike Suit Zero! For pete's sake why didn't Strike Suit Zero/Infinity have any frickin' cut-scenes~!! Curse you Junji Okubo and your cheapass video game company... you left us high & dry!! laugh.gif

I'd watch it if you're doing something else on the side, like levelling up in an MMO or RPG. As a Gundam fan I've only ever watched G Saviour once, which was IMHO, more than enough.

This post has been edited by BOZZ on May 24 2016, 06:19 PM
xiao
Posted: Apr 26 2016, 05:58 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 3 hours, 3 minutes ago)
I'd watch it if you're doing something else on the side, like levelling up in an MMO or RPG. As a Gundam fan I've only ever watch G Saviour once, which was IMHO, more than enough.

You know Johansson would actually make for a pretty sexy doctor or something in a new live action Gundam done right... but yeah GitS... not her bag of tea by a long-shot! laugh.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: May 24 2016, 04:55 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

Get ready for all the complains about yellowwashing in this! Oh wait, that won't happen, because SJW logic.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
BOZZ
  Posted: May 24 2016, 06:20 PM

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 1 hour, 25 minutes ago)
Get ready for all the complains about yellowwashing in this! Oh wait, that won't happen, because SJW logic.

Heh, well, I'm sure the argument against it will be that it's a Japanese product catering to a Japanese audience and not intended for the West. The other thing is I'd imagine that there isn't exactly a lot of foreign actors living over there who speak Japanese fluently.

Looks like this movie now has more than 1 Japanese actor in it.

This post has been edited by BOZZ on May 25 2016, 12:57 PM
BOZZ
  Posted: Aug 26 2016, 12:37 PM

kyonpalm
Posted: Aug 26 2016, 02:32 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 1 hour, 55 minutes ago)
Seems like leaked images have popped out for the film:

Leaked photos give potential look at live action Ghost in the Shell film (Anime News Network)

>black Boma
>black Ishikawa
How progressive.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
The Sixth Element
Posted: Aug 26 2016, 08:09 PM

matter intangible

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,779

Oh god, Borma and Batou don't have ranger eyes and Beat Takeshi is Aramaki.

This is gonna be bad
Seri
Posted: Aug 27 2016, 01:52 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

You say that like it's surprising.
RalliKai
Posted: Aug 27 2016, 04:57 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

Togusa got old. blink.gif
xiao
Posted: Aug 27 2016, 01:07 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (BOZZ @ Yesterday, 2:37 PM)
Seems like leaked images have popped out for the film:

Leaked photos give potential look at live action Ghost in the Shell film (Anime News Network)

eh~ can't really complain... they nailed Saito. & Johansson looks kind'a cute.

to be honest... I'd hit it wink3.gif

user posted image

Kitano back in acting is uber-sweet user posted image I wouldn't pay a movie-ticket to go see it ~ but I'd give it a watch if Blockbuster still existed.
Master0fMadness
Posted: Aug 27 2016, 01:55 PM

Midnight Lover
Group Icon

Group: PONY FANATIC
Member No.: 46,279

I'll bite.

I'm willing to bet that like Tron or Robocop, I'll thoroughly enjoy it while those that know me give me strange looks and judge me.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

This post has been edited by Master0fMadness on Aug 27 2016, 01:56 PM
xiao
  Posted: Aug 27 2016, 04:40 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Master0fMadness @ 2 hours, 24 minutes ago)
I'll bite.

I'm willing to bet that like Tron or Robocop, I'll thoroughly enjoy it while those that know me give me strange looks and judge me.

I won't judge ya my sexy mango... however I will bite you! shifty2.gif fufufu~

✝✝ I forgot to add: that shirt Scarlett Kusanagi is wearing needs more nipple action... more wet-ACU-action to be precise. Tess & Jake know what I'm talking about ~ awesome.gif
Tessou
Posted: Aug 31 2016, 08:55 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

She looks hideous. Besides, her nudes are out there, and they are nothing special. The movies doll her up to be far more than she actually is.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
  Posted: Aug 31 2016, 11:35 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Tessou @ 2 hours, 35 minutes ago)
She looks hideous. Besides, her nudes are out there, and they are nothing special. The movies doll her up to be far more than she actually is.

Years without a real-life woman has [de-calibrated] my [sexy-sensors] ~ I really need to f☆p harder & I completely agree... she looks like a plastic muffle diver. derp.gif

(xiao has no backbone awesome.gif)
BOZZ
  Posted: Sep 22 2016, 10:00 AM

So apparently some teaser clips from the movie were shown during Mr. Robot this week:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/simulation-becomes-...dium=socialflow
xiao
Posted: Sep 22 2016, 09:41 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (BOZZ @ Today, 12:00 PM)
So apparently some teaser clips from the movie were shown during Mr. Robot this week:

I kind'a like this one ~>

YOUTUBE ( https://youtube.com/watch?v=q7Tm73m0VZs )

I only wish she should've been naked ... would've added more nostalgia from the 1st film. sad.gif

99.9% says this'll probably be another Aeon Flux 2.0 tho ~ derp.gif

This post has been edited by xiao on Sep 22 2016, 09:46 PM
RalliKai
Posted: Sep 23 2016, 06:01 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

It's an intriguing clip. Looking at the other footage, this Makoto doesn't seem as cool-headed as the original anime Makoto.

I spared myself from Aeon Flux but now I'm curious about checking it out.

4 Pages  1 2 3 4