Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost OST) David Dima - Bad Love

Important Rules
user posted imagePost everything about Initial D Arcade Stage Ver.3 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 subforums. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,541  ·  Replies: 3 
> Where to buy a ID3 cabinet?, ...
Tomo
  Posted: Sep 13 2010, 10:34 PM

Retired old man

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 9,983

I've finally gotten my life together with a great job and a nice brand new home and want to buy my own cabinet. I've googled but really I don't feel like dealing with the hassle of having to have it shipped from australia so I am curious to see if i can catch lightning in a bottle asking in here. Does anyone know anywhere in the USA selling a id3 cab? Don't need 2, just one. Please let me know.
redcomet121
Posted: Sep 14 2010, 03:02 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,914

WHERE TO BUY AN INITIAL D MACHINE

There is no clear best option here. I found mine on ebay, but shipping them is never fun.
Anywhere that you can locate a machine and get a good deal you would be fine buying from. I payed $1300 for my v2 machine in pretty good shape with one broken card reader. You can find v1's and v2's for anywhere from $1000 up to $3000. I wouldn't pay anything above $2k-ish unless it was MINT though. A week after I bought mine one went on ebay for $999. v3's will obviously run a bit more, I have seen only a couple v3 machines for sale, most right around the $4000 mark.

Credit to sakuraskyline
sakuraskyline
Posted: Sep 14 2010, 10:41 PM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,393

Thanks redcomet!

Keep an eye on ebay, buying a v2 machine isn't a bad idea they come up more often and they are cheaper. It ended up costing me just under 600 to upgrade, 299 for one disc and chip, and 280 for the other, it's just a matter of when they come up on ebay. All in all, I now have a working v3 machine with good card readers for under $2300 smile.gif

Also, single machines are RARE, especially in america, however, I'm sure the idea will cross your mind "hey I can buy a double and sell one!" Just to let you know, it won't work, on double cabs, there is only one power supply, to the left cab. Without the left the right can't be powered. You can however, play just the left one, and maybe use the second one for parts or store it somewhere else if it's a space issue, if not, and you're jjust trying to save money, you're better off just buying a double, singles never come up on ebay so you'd end up paying more for some japanese/chinese/aussie single machine.

Feel free to pm me if you have any questions or anything!

This post has been edited by sakuraskyline on Sep 14 2010, 10:46 PM
Tomo
  Posted: Sep 15 2010, 05:03 AM

Retired old man

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 9,983

Well I had no desire to do the whole buy and sell thing as years ago I knew someone that tried to do the same thing. no thanks!

But the rest of your advice I appreciate it man, I have 2 opportunities right now and hopefully they will both pan out. If I need anything else I'll pm you for sure.