Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing Norma Sheffield - Maybe Tonite

Important Rules
NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 4,531  ·  Replies: 32 
> Gutters?, Really work?
Saito
Posted: Mar 11 2004, 03:49 AM

Wakarimasu ka?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,260

well i have seen people taking the gutters...from what ive seen it just lets you take the corners at a higher speed then usual....

And for the part where people are saying that you go faster....well of course you do if you accelerate on the turn....

Ive read that the gutters just let you take the corner better at a higher speed and that it holds you in while taking that speed...(does that make sense?)
sideways
Posted: Mar 11 2004, 06:53 AM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Member No.: 1,355

Most of the hairpins, and he does go "faster" then normal but doesnt accelerate any. This guy is in 5th gear most of the time, and only goes into 4th for the hairpins. Really doubt you could be pulling a 2:51, in an fd, and suck at the hairpins.
[ Mizerok ]
Posted: Mar 11 2004, 08:03 AM

I Fabrikat w3rDs!!!

Member No.: 1,237

Not sure... but I doubt that it's really possible to get that fast and NOT gutter.
Kev
Posted: Mar 11 2004, 08:06 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 571

Man what is with all the Arcade stage newbies these days? Talk about Tokyopop Invasion. Anyways, Gutters you CAN gain speed on some of them, others you can just take faster than not taking them, but you still lose a little bit of speed.
Masa
Posted: Mar 11 2004, 12:00 PM

my gf is faster than your gf

Member No.: 819

i think hes under the impression that you are saying the gutters give you a video game style boost in speed, but they dont, you just accelerate out of them like any other corner, you just have more grip so you can accelerate more than if you werent in the gutter.
[ Mizerok ]
Posted: Mar 11 2004, 04:37 PM

I Fabrikat w3rDs!!!

Member No.: 1,237

The real basis of the gutters is to let you exit out of a turn at a much higher speed then normally.
sideways
Posted: Mar 11 2004, 04:54 PM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Member No.: 1,355

From what you said you made it seem like you accelerate the entire way through the gutter. I know all they do is let you take the turn at a higher speed, i use them myself. Akina in my FD is my favorite course, I like not having the best car on the track and being able to beat a decently skilled trueno, cap... i just have to accelerate faster and block, or leave the boost on (Im going to level the playing field any way i can against a course king so screw your opinions!... unles u agree with it then ur kewl)
nismoslide
Posted: Nov 4 2005, 09:42 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,389

i have passed hella guys using the gutters, more so in my 86 that i have

2 Pages  1 2