Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing high technic

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

52 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 94,806  ·  Replies: 1,294 
> Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Beware of Spoilers
Legend of Speed
  Posted: Jun 10 2007, 01:35 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,483

Since it is confirmed that there will be a new Gundam series and it's coming out around Oct. 2007. I think it should have its own thread. If not, then mods close thread and merge w/ the other Gundam thread.

Some new and old information

http://www.gundam00.net/

Known details are:
Setting - 2307 AD ("seireki", Japanese for "anno domini")
Characters - 4 Gundam Meisters, who pilot the mobile weapons.
Factions - Solestal Beings (not real sure on the English name right now), a private militia group whose purpose is to eradicate wars.
Tagline at the end of the commercial - "Rebirth begins through destruction"

The staff:
Director - Seiji Mizushima
Series Composition - Yousuke Kuroda
Character design - Yun Kouga
Animation character design - Michinori Chiba
Mechanic design - Kunio Okawara, Kanetake Ebikawa, Takayuki Yanase
Mechanic concept design - Hitoshi Fukuchi, Kenji Teraoka
Animation mechanic design - Seiichi Nakatani

The main Gundam seems to be the Gundam Excia.

The story outline:
"2307 AD.

As fossil fuels became exhausted, humanity found a new energy source to change their situation: A large-scale solar power system with three enormous orbiting elevators. However, only a few large countries and their allies reaped the benefits.

Three superpowers had ownership of the three orbiting elevators: The Union, based in the United States Of America, The People's Reform League, made up of China, Russia, and India, and Europe's AEU. The superpowers continue playing a large zero-sum game for their own dignity and respective prosperity. Even though it is the 24th century, humanity has yet to become one.

In this world where war has no end, a private militia appears advocating the eradication of war through force. Each possessing a mobile suit Gundam, they are Celestial Being. The armed intervention by the Gundams against all acts of war begins."

12th 'Gundam' to start in autumn

Makoto Fukuda / Yomiuri Shimbun Staff Writer

Kido Senshi Gundam 00 (pronounced "double O") or "Mobile Suit Gundam 00," the 12th animated TV series to feature the popular robots designed by manga artist Yun Koga, will start in October on the TBS network.

Kido Senshi Gundam 00, scheduled to air on Saturdays from 6 p.m., is the latest series to be spun off from the original Kido Senshi Gundam, also known as "First Gundam," which aired from April 1979 to January 1980.

Unlike conventional anime programs for children, the original series did not take place in a black-and-white world of clear right and wrong. Instead, it described complicated human relationships among the characters.

Also, the original series' exciting robot fighting scenes won the hearts of children and adult anime fans alike, greatly affecting on the nation's popular culture.

The first and succeeding Gundam series had a huge impact on the toy industry, too, as plastic models of the robot characters, often called "Gampura" (abbreviating the words for "Gundam" and "plastic"), reportedly sold 370 million units.

The story of Gundam 00 will take place in 2307 of our modern Western calendar system--which is different from the fictional calendar systems adopted in the old Gundam series--when people are utilizing the sun as a new energy resource. The world is divided into two major powers that are struggling against each other for hegemony, as was the case in the real world in the late 20th century.

The main characters of Gundam 00 are four young people, called Gundam Meister, who operate Gundam robots. The young people are members of a militia called Solestal Being that aims to step into the fray between the two major powers with their powerful robots, hoping to end the wars and achieve world peace.

It is the first time for director Seiji Mizushima to work on a Gundam series, but he is already renowned for his many hit anime programs, including Hagane no Renkinjutsushi (Fullmetal Alchemist), which also aired in the United States on the Cartoon Network channel.

Explaining why Mizushima was appointed, producer Hiroomi Iketani of Sunrise, the series' anime studio, says: "Mizushima is very good at making dramas and building characters. So I wanted him to create a completely new Gundam with a fresh view of that anime world."

Mizushima is excited about working on the project because it is possible to "deal squarely with an important theme--war--in a Gundam series."

"I decided to use the Western calendar system [in the story] as I believed it would help create a more realistic world," he said. "In the series, I want to describe the personal relationships among the characters and their relations with the outside world."

The production staff include scriptwriter Yosuke Kuroda, known for his works Hachimitsu to Clover and Ookiku Furikabutte, and mechanical designers Kanetake Ebigawa and Takayuki Yanase. Ebigawa was on the production staff for Full Metal Panic!, and Yanase has designed characters for Tera e (Toward Terra, Saturdays, 6 p.m., TBS network).

Offering a message to viewers who will watch the show, Mizushima said, "I'll be happy if they get interested in the issues to be featured in the story."

More information about the new series will appear on its official Web site, www.gundam00.net, as updates.
(Jun. 9, 2007)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Moderator Note: Edited images due to size

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Jun 10 2007, 03:06 PM
Hatch Guy
Posted: Jun 10 2007, 02:34 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,215

WooHoo! More Gundam, more BFGs, and I liked watching that small promo clip on Crunchyroll.com. laugh.gif
Dem
Posted: Jun 10 2007, 02:45 PM

I love to eat cereal when I'm watching my cartoons.

Member No.: 8,128

Woo!

So this isn't UC, right? I haven't watched a Gundam series for such a long time, I fell way behind on Seed and I haven't even seen half of UC, but since this is fresh and new I'm definately gonna be watching it.
Legend of Speed
  Posted: Jun 10 2007, 02:54 PM

IDW Goldmember

Nope, it isn't UC, AU, or CE. A whole new series and era and also in most Gundam series they have a different calendar. Like in Gundam Wing it was After Colony ____. In Gundam 00 it uses modern day calendar.
BOZZ
Posted: Jun 10 2007, 03:07 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

Just to let you guys know, the name for the main character has the name Setsuna F. Seiei. I remember reading somewhere that he's supposed to have lived part of his life in the Middle East.
BOZZ
Posted: Jun 14 2007, 04:46 PM

Famitsu.com put up coverage of Club EX, where Bandai introduced the main characters and Gundams for Gundam 00 and had some Gunpla (display only for now) to show off.

DengekiOnline.com's coverage goes beyond to also show off merchandising info. The write-up says Gundam 00 will differ from Gundam SEED in that, according to Bandai President Kazunori Ueno, the 4 main characters will appeal not only to female fans gained with the previous Gundam, but to male fans who prefer harsh outlooks of the world.

GN-001 Gundam Exia
Head height: 18.3m
Base weight: 57.2 tons
Screen details: "Because of the GN particles eminating from the GN Drive within the unit, it has astounding mobility and near infinite energy. Compared to currently-in-use MS, it introduces a great deal of high technology."
Addition info from Dengeki's write-up: "A close-combat, high-mobility MS equipped with 7 blades." "The GN particles eminated into the air cause radio wave interference and disrupt ordinary radar and communications."

Setsuna F. Seiei
16-years-old
Screen details: "Fated boy soldier born & raised in the war-torn Middle East's Kurdis Republic. A cool kid who hates getting close to others and keeps his feelings inside."

GN-002 Gundam Dynames
Head height: 18.2m
Base weight: 59.1 tons
Screen details: "Same as the other Gundams, equipped with a GN Drive. It's emphasis is gun warfare. Has many guns suitable for missions and a GN Sniper Rifle as standard equipment."
Addition info from Dengeki's write-up: "When it carries out precision shooting, the head transforms into Sniper Mode with a concealed camera eye appearing. During that time, a rifle-style controller is used."

Lockon Stratos
24-years-old
Screen details: "Decided to join Celestial Being after losing his parents because of terrorism. The eldest pilot and team leader."

GN-003 Gundam Kyrios
Head height: 18.9m
Base weight: 54.8 tons
Screen details: "Variable unit that can transform into a flight form. In its flight form, it has a rear arms container and can deal with every mission with versatility."
Addition info from Dengeki's write-up: "While it excels at hit-and-run attacks in its flight form, even in its MS form it has offensive capabilities to match other Gundams."

Allelujah Baptism
19-years-old
Screen details: "Spent his childhood as an orphan in the People's Reform League. Usually gentle and quiet."

GN-005 Gundam Virtue
Head height: 18.4m
Base weight: 66.7 tons
Screen details: "Heavily armed type and has powerful weapons such as the GN Bazooka and GN Cannon. It expands the GN Field, covering itself with a barrier and has considerably high defense."

Tieria Erde
?-years-old
Screen details: "A boy with a rare kind of beauty, his history, nationality, and origins all a mystery. Within his gentle tone, he can give a sense of cold intentions."

Merchandising and other goodies
Gunpla Expo Tokyo will be held August 11 through 16.

In September, 28 places countrywide will have an advance screening of episode 1 of Gundam 00.

Gundam 00 merchandise will show up in Gundam War cards (Double O Double Get Campaign starting in August), HGCORE figures (September), HGIF character figures and SD Gundam Full Color Custom 13 (October), and G Flex from the Candy Division (October).

Gundam 00 will also invade major product lines as well, including MSiA (Gundam Exia, price & date not shown), the apparently new 00 Region line (Exia, price & date also not shown), and HCM-Pro with the Gundam Exia (September, 2,300 yen) and Gundam Dynames (October, 2,300 yen).

A pic of a MG Turn A prototype is also in there somewhere.

Images: http://www.famitsu.com/anime/news/2007/06/...,73434,0,0.html

Hot damn, the main character is not only raised in the Middle East, but he's Kurdish.... tongue.gif

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Jun 14 2007, 04:51 PM
Legend of Speed
  Posted: Jun 14 2007, 05:10 PM

IDW Goldmember

The Gundams looks pretty nice now that we get to see a whole picture of them. They look simple and not too complex. I still can't believe the person in blue/purple is a guy... totally thought it was a girl.
BOZZ
Posted: Jun 21 2007, 06:13 AM

Yup, I hearby nominate him as the first of the 4 to go... and I also nickname him... Nicol!

Additional news on Excia:

Gundam 00 merchandising redux
Famitsu.com put up even more extensive coverage of the Gundam 00 Club eX event (and more pics of the MG Turn A Gundam prototype and other figures).

FG (First Grade) Gundam Exia - September
FG Gundam Dynames - September
FG Gundam Kyrios - September
FG Gundam Virtue - October
HG Gundam Exia - October
HG Gundam Dynames - November (December?)
HG Gundam Kyrios - November (December?)
1/60 Gundam Exia - October (or maybe November or December...)
HCM-Pro Gundam Exia - October
HCM-Pro Gundam Dynames - October
HCM-Pro Gundam Kyrios - November

You can see Hajime Katoki credited for work on the 00 Region line. An unspecified large-scale item will be released for the Gundam Collection series in December.
haspieuw
Posted: Jun 21 2007, 06:27 AM

IDW Lurker

Member No.: 2,006

oow LOL thats quick, Bandai cant wait to milk the new gundams
btw the FG seems to have improved, it looks that the elbows and the knees are movable
BOZZ
Posted: Jun 21 2007, 09:16 AM

Well they haven't had a major Gundam TV series in 2 years now... ><
lance
Posted: Jun 21 2007, 09:18 AM

This is my Destiny

Member No.: 2,330

zzz, please release some more MG seed/destiny kits first!
BOZZ
Posted: Jun 21 2007, 09:27 AM

I think they're all Seeded out atm... tongue.gif

Wasn't the Strike Freedom selling poorly or something while GSD was airing?
Legend of Speed
  Posted: Jun 21 2007, 10:55 AM

IDW Goldmember

I think so. Wasn't it because the 1/144, 1/144 HG, 1/100 Strike Freedom had bad reviews?
vuudoo
Posted: Jun 24 2007, 12:57 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 24,046

sounds like it'll be a bit like wing! that was the only one i honestly liked. the rest just got me confused and had too much talking. but then i again i just watched the other ones when i walked in on my brother when he was catching up on the latest seed or sd episode -.-
Sil80Drifter
Posted: Jun 28 2007, 10:25 AM

#1 Street Fighter Fan

Member No.: 19,411

did you guys see the gundam astray tv show? it looks f*cking terrible. i dont wanna see anymore gundams they are just wearing it out... in my opinion even destiny was taking it too far
BOZZ
Posted: Jun 28 2007, 11:01 AM

Ummm Gundam Seed Astray was never made into a TV series, it was made into two 5-minutes shorts...
Sil80Drifter
Posted: Jun 28 2007, 11:43 AM

#1 Street Fighter Fan

oh.. laugh.gif

stupid youtube

your avatar also matched your post... i stand corrected

This post has been edited by Sil80Drifter on Jun 28 2007, 11:44 AM
Hatch Guy
Posted: Jun 28 2007, 11:48 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 16,215

Are the new gundams anorexic laugh.gif because of new materials that are just better and it lightens them up so theyre faster?
Sil80Drifter
Posted: Jun 28 2007, 11:50 AM

#1 Street Fighter Fan

QUOTE (Hatch Guy @ Today at 11:48 AM)
Are the new gundams anorexic laugh.gif because of new materials that are just better and it lightens them up so theyre faster?

g gundams werent too heavily armed either
ChaosAngel
Posted: Jun 28 2007, 08:14 PM

IDW Spartan #6

Member No.: 22,883

i still love strike freedom xD
the gundams look a bit too weird in this one imo
but i'll watch nonetheless
lance
Posted: Jun 29 2007, 07:18 AM

This is my Destiny

Member No.: 2,330

i think destiny looks better, bring out the Mg version already! Grrrr

yea, gundam looks abit weird on this :s
BOZZ
Posted: Jun 29 2007, 10:39 PM

Well, as long as the story is good, I don't mind the designs. Heck, I didn't mind the design of the Turn A, and that was a colossal change in design.
RalliKai
Posted: Jun 30 2007, 10:02 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

The designs are alright, not as extreme as Gundam Wing which I is good for realism. I still can't believe that last pilot is a guy, even the name set me off track. I'm really looking forward to what the storyline will be like.
Legend of Speed
  Posted: Jul 3 2007, 04:15 PM

IDW Goldmember

Legend of Speed
  Posted: Jul 9 2007, 11:46 AM

IDW Goldmember

Website is up with character and mobile suit sections.

http://www.gundam00.net/

52 Pages  1 2 3 »