Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Feel The Passion

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 14,673  ·  Replies: 37 
> Initial D Arcade Stage 8 locations, list the addresses of IDAS8 locations
bradkinder
  Posted: May 26 2015, 12:52 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,563

I'll start the list with this one:

Puente Hills Mall Round 1
1600 S. Azusa Avenue, Suite 285
City of Industry, CA 91748
626-964-5336

I got banned from Round 1 (don't do drugs) so I'm looking for another location in which to play Arcade stage 8! Are there any other Los Angeles locations for IDAS8?
OkamiWind
Posted: May 26 2015, 01:44 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,468

QUOTE (bradkinder @ 51 minutes, 39 seconds ago)
I got banned from Round 1 (don't do drugs) so I'm looking for another location in which to play Arcade stage 8! Are there any other Los Angeles locations for IDAS8?

You got banned from Round 1? Huh...interesting.

Unfortunately you cannot plat IDAS8 anywhere else but Round 1, so if you are willing to go to the Moreno Valley Mall or the Lakeview Center Mall you are out of luck.

Looking at the Round 1 website there should be a place opening up in the Main Place Hall in Santa Ana. But seriously...banned?
SonicSP
Posted: May 26 2015, 10:32 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

It........happens. Trust me it happens. A friend of mine got banned once too.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on May 26 2015, 10:33 PM
-=SHINN=-
Posted: May 27 2015, 12:05 AM

MYS Retired Perfectionist Racer

Member No.: 37,532

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 1 hour, 32 minutes ago)
It........happens. Trust me it happens. A friend of mine got banned once too.

LOL I got banned too, but I have other places to go. So it wasn't that bad.
Saint
Posted: May 27 2015, 05:25 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 2,067

How does a ban work in an arcade? Just curious. Do their staffs toss banned people out once identified? Is that legal? Hundreds of people coming in and out every day.
SonicSP
Posted: May 27 2015, 05:54 AM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (Saint @ 24 minutes, 29 seconds ago)
How does a ban work in an arcade? Just curious. Do their staffs toss banned people out once identified? Is that legal? Hundreds of people coming in and out every day.

Yes that's legal. It's their premises, they can have you not be there if you want. It's like your house, if someone is there without your permission and you don't want you there, you can call the police and they'll arrest the trespasser.

In the US, businesses can't discriminate based on race, religion and sex (sexual orientation is more complicated as recent political events in a few states have demonstrated; the federal civil rights bill doesn't specifically cover it when it was passed some decades back). But other than that, they can refuse service for good reasons or even if they don't like you for reasons unrelated to the categories I've mentioned earlier.

Remember that you still need to change tokens/credits at the counter, they can spot you there. Since you're from Malaysia I'll use this example. CYC currently have two people on their ban list with their pictures on every outlet. If an employee sees them, I'm guessing they're supposed to ask them to leave before threatening to call the police if they don't.

I don't know how much they actually enforce it though since employees just simply may not care or are preoccupied with other things. But it's theoretically possible to enforce it if they really want to.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on May 27 2015, 06:06 AM
Saint
Posted: May 27 2015, 06:45 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 2,067

Not sure Malaysian cops care. Haha. Interesting to know that a Malaysian arcade bans people, though.
SonicSP
Posted: May 27 2015, 07:09 AM

Nagao Fanboy

I know they can call security though and likely they will comply. Most likely they won't have to resort to that though. I mean, it would be hard enough to play in arcade with the employees bothering you. And if they don't want to serve you, they'll at the very least won't charge your credit if you go get it yourself.

I don't think they'll try that hard though. I mean, I'm sure they got better things to do unless management really makes it a high priority.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on May 27 2015, 07:13 AM
bradkinder
  Posted: May 28 2015, 11:47 AM

Shmuck

Dah... Moreno Valley, Lakeview, and Santa Ana are all so very far away. There isn't an arcade in downtown LA with IDAS8?

And yeah, Round 1 will ban you if you get caught in the restroom with drugs. sad.gif

This post has been edited by bradkinder on May 28 2015, 11:53 AM
SonicSP
Posted: May 28 2015, 12:14 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Unfortunately, D8 is hard to find being a recent and Japanese language-only game and all. It was actually amazing that it came to the US so fast to and got into quite a few locations compared to D7 including some new ones. It was a shame that they couldn't follow through with the planned online commitment.

I couldn't even find a single IDAS machine of any version in the entire state of Wisconsin.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on May 28 2015, 12:18 PM
Rudy
Posted: May 29 2015, 06:36 AM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
SonicSP
Posted: May 29 2015, 06:48 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Oh man, that sounds serious.
N643
Posted: May 30 2015, 08:11 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 28,448

i been banned from an arcade before here in china, i knew the tech & most of the ppl that work there too

story: that place had old mt dx+ machines & crappy id6, they have much feedback on them

i slam the mt machine too hard & owner saw me, then he told me i was banned (well i didnt really care as the tech told me that the place will be close by the end of that month, so it didnt really matter)
bradkinder
  Posted: May 30 2015, 02:47 PM

Shmuck

Would appreciate it if someone could post addresses of IDAS8 locations in Los Angeles county.

And yeah, I snuck in a few times after being banned and was asked to leave each time (I have no idea how the manager recognized me). Next time he said he'd call security and the cops instead. I tried begging for forgiveness, but they said no.
gns64
Posted: Jun 5 2015, 10:29 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 30,722

Is there ID8 in norcal? does golfland have ID8 yet? I haven't been out there in years.
EVA-01
Posted: Jun 5 2015, 01:00 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 45,578

Apparently NorCal has none yet but they're building one in San Jose. They're also
Building two new locations in So Cal according to their website (:
rock_7
Posted: Aug 1 2015, 02:51 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 45,772

I really hope RoundOne goes through with getting their Initial D 8 machines up with online support. I know they have a few other Japanese games running online with periodic server maintenance.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 1 2015, 08:11 PM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (rock_7 @ Today, 2:51 AM)
I really hope RoundOne goes through with getting their Initial D 8 machines up with online support. I know they have a few other Japanese games running online with periodic server maintenance.

Ya that's not gonna happen since Sega does not allow machines located in the US to use online.

Sega were considering it at one point but abandoned the idea.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Aug 1 2015, 08:11 PM
rock_7
Posted: Aug 2 2015, 02:30 AM

Shmuck

Aww man, I'll keep my fingers crossed. So it's confirmed that no location in the US has online support?
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 2 2015, 07:35 AM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (rock_7 @ 5 hours, 5 minutes ago)
Aww man, I'll keep my fingers crossed. So it's confirmed that no location in the US has online support?

It has been a fact for years I'm afraid. Unlike most other arcade racing games, online races in IDAS happen close to real time. The US also use JPN version machines which are not even allowed to be able to connect online outside Japan in the first place.

The problem is that US arcades are too difficult to link to international servers due to the fact that all the international servers and the arcade machines that play on those servers are located in Asia. When Asia arcades are in daytime, US is in nighttime and vice versa. IDAS online battles also function close to real time so you need a really a connection with very low ping between the two machines that are racing in order to achieve this and this is hard to achieve due to the geographical distance of the continents. Even among Asia countries, if you internet speed is below a certain threshold, Sega will not allow the arcade to have online battles because it severely affects the gameplay balance when the connection speeds between two machines are too different.

The other option is for the US to have its own server in the region (much like China has its own server seperate from the International server used by Japan and the other countries in Asia), this will solve the time and lag issues. Unfortunately the number of arcades who even have D8 are too little for that to be an option worth pursuing for Sega. Arcade is already a niche industry and D8 in US is a niche game in that industry.

There's so the question of how many US arcades are interested in the idea. Remember that they have to pay Sega to use the service.

Sega did at least try and considered the idea though. For a short while when D8 was new, a new section called "US and Rest of The World" category appeared on the website. And from the reports I'm hearing from users on this forum, I know at least one arcade mentioned that Sega said there was going to be online at around the same time period so I guess Sega considered the idea initially.

But it isn't going to happen I'm afraid, we're too deep on the game's lifecycle for that to start now.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Aug 2 2015, 07:44 AM
rock_7
Posted: Aug 2 2015, 05:23 PM

Shmuck

That all makes sense. Considering you can get a hold of one of those racing cabinets, do you think it's possible for someone to create their own server and make initial d 8 think it's actually the Sega server? I've seen people do this with other games with good results. Only thing is, everyone in the US would have to use this private server assuming it works.
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 2 2015, 06:06 PM

Nagao Fanboy

I don't think so, it looks like a complicated process. I assume it would be possible but it would be extremely difficult.

I would say its something like tricking your PS4 or Xbox into thinking it's talking to a PSN or Xbox Live server, something that is possible in a broad sense but extremely hard to do in practice. Sega uses their own All.Net service for their online games. It would take a lot of effort to trick the cabinet I assume.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Aug 2 2015, 06:10 PM
rock_7
Posted: Aug 4 2015, 12:22 AM

Shmuck

Gotcha! Guess I'll have to wait till I travel to Japan to try out this online feature. Never the less, I'll be at the Santa Ana CA RoundOne. Those machines are awesome. If you guys ever find something wrong with them let me know and I'll try my best to do something about it.

Santa Ana RoundOne Location:
4x Cabinets, In-Store battle only, 1 Play = 6 Credits = $1.50, Initial D Access Card = $6.00 Edit: 08/08/2015 (Low In-Stock, about 4 per machine).

Hours of Operation:
10am-2am Everyday.
Last call for arcade games about 1:40am.
Arcade Machines shut off at 2am without warning so don't risk getting your cards stuck or corrupted.

Address:
Main Place Mall
2800 N. Main Street, Suite 1100
Santa Ana, CA 92705
714-619-6840

Hope to see you guys there!! awesome.gif

This post has been edited by rock_7 on Aug 8 2015, 04:02 AM
DK_Brawler
Posted: Aug 4 2015, 04:44 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 39,567

6 credits? $1.50? That's like triple Japan's cost.

Is it possible to have in store 2vs2?

This post has been edited by iDucKy on Aug 4 2015, 04:44 PM
rock_7
Posted: Aug 4 2015, 06:28 PM

Shmuck

Yup it is, all four players have to get on and put 2v2. Then it will ask if you wanna do "2vs Story," "2vs2 online" or "2vs2 in-store" In that order. If everyone chooses the 3rd option 2vs2 in-store then everyone will battle.

This post has been edited by rock_7 on Aug 7 2015, 01:22 PM

2 Pages  1 2