Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Black Zone

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,380  ·  Replies: 12 
> You know you're addicted to IDAS when..., Thread revival from D5 days.
Saxifrage
  Posted: Sep 12 2012, 01:52 AM

IDW Prime Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,872

Original thread here:D5 Original Thread
Well,that was limited to D5,and it's dead,so I thought I'll make a new one.This is for EVERY single ver. of IDAS.

Well,let's get started with some that I thought & copied(edited too) from the old thread.

You imagine your school is a touge and always take the shortest line.
If you're using the stairs, you use the handrail to go faster just like a gutter in Akina so that when you go fast, you won't fall.
You take the shortest line when walking.
You*cut* others using shorter lines at corners,then ditch them.
You go down stairs like you're going down Irohazaka,slowing down before the corner and pretending that you're clearing the corner perfectly.
Sometimes you feel your hand doing shifting motions after you walk through a corner.
Your right hand might do a steering motion when walking.
You jump down stairs while holding the handrail(IroDH STYLE)
You *drift* around people(or corners) like you're attacking corners with a CAR.
You *drift* a trolley.

This post has been edited by Nicholas86 on Sep 13 2012, 03:59 AM
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Sep 12 2012, 02:56 AM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

When you are buying rice, you intentionally put the rice at the front part of the trolley and see whether it "understeer" like a R32/R34 do. A continuation from above, you put the rice in the middle part of the trolley and see whether it is very "stable" like a MRS derp.gif derp.gif derp.gif
Saxifrage
  Posted: Sep 12 2012, 03:15 AM

IDW Prime Member

Off topic:Why does heavy front results in understeer?Isn't heavy rear that results in that? I still don't understand automotive physics well derp.gif

On topic:You sit down,then suddenly a IDAS vid plays in your mind and you go on and imagine that you're playing the game.Then everyone thinks you're crazy coz your hands and feet are moving for no reason.
NurraizkyJosifasyah
Posted: Sep 12 2012, 04:51 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,979

QUOTE (Nicholas86 @ 1 hour, 35 minutes ago)
Off topic:Why does heavy front results in understeer?Isn't heavy rear that results in that? I still don't understand automotive physics well derp.gif

On topic:You sit down,then suddenly a IDAS vid plays in your mind and you go on and imagine that you're playing the game.Then everyone thinks you're crazy coz your hands and feet are moving for no reason.

that's how i role bro...
brofist apxrock.gif apxrock.gif thumbsup.gif
SonicSP
Posted: Sep 12 2012, 06:15 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

QUOTE (Nicholas86 @ Today, 3:15 AM)
Off topic:Why does heavy front results in understeer?Isn't heavy rear that results in that? I still don't understand automotive physics well  derp.gif

I'm not an expert on physics, but I think if the front is heavy its harder for the front part of the car to swing out which leads to the understeer. If we were to apply this to the rice in a trolley scenario for example, you will find that its easier to swing out/oversteer if the rice is placed at the back rather than the front.

I think this might be one of the reasons why MR cars can oversteer more easily than front mounted engine cars in general.

=================================

Back in ID5, driving my car always reminds me of ID5 and gives me a tendency to try my ID5 antics on it, but you don't get that feeling in ID6 because the style of play is very different and the drifting isn't exactly realistic either.

That being said, I would say this:

-if you drive to 1U New Wing parking lot in the morning and treat it like an Uphill ID course and swing the steering around dynamically as possible while figuring out the best lining in the empty lot to get to the arcade.

And yes I actually did that. facepalm.gif

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Sep 12 2012, 06:16 PM
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Sep 13 2012, 04:49 AM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

Ooh I got one; when you go down the stairs, you face the apex then go down fast like you are using the "invisible line of Irohazaka" XD
Shana-chan
Posted: Sep 13 2012, 05:37 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 33,804

nah..i'd tried the worst...
turbo whistling all over corners...+ drifting it...

and going down the stairs...i've actually FEINT motion...O_O
Saxifrage
  Posted: Sep 13 2012, 05:48 AM

IDW Prime Member

^I did that too. laugh2.gif

What I just did in my room:Pretending myself as a car and started running around like a kid,hands moved like they were steering and shifting too. derp.gif

I put a box of 100Plus in the front of the trolley,thinking that it was a TRD 4A-GE engine. shifty2.gif
alvinkei
Posted: Sep 13 2012, 05:48 AM

Gangnam Style.

Member No.: 37,545

Following the correct/shortest lining when you're wheeling a trolley in a supermarket

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
tzhongyan
Posted: Sep 13 2012, 06:36 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 38,534

QUOTE (SonicSP @ Yesterday, 6:15 PM)
I'm not an expert on physics, but I think if the front is heavy its harder for the front part of the car to swing out which leads to the understeer. If we were to apply this to the rice in a trolley scenario for example, you will find that its easier to swing out/oversteer if the rice is placed at the back rather than the front.

I think this might be one of the reasons why MR cars can oversteer more easily than front mounted engine cars in general.

=================================

Back in ID5, driving my car always reminds me of ID5 and gives me a tendency to try my ID5 antics on it, but you don't get that feeling in ID6 because the style of play is very different and the drifting isn't exactly realistic either.

That being said, I would say this:

-if you drive to 1U New Wing parking lot in the morning and treat it like an Uphill ID course and swing the steering around dynamically as possible while figuring out the best lining in the empty lot to get to the arcade. 

And yes I actually did that. facepalm.gif

Did you just read my mind?? ph34r.gif
SonicSP
Posted: Sep 16 2012, 08:36 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

You have played too much ID6 if you have.....

-run out of money for the month. -.-
-start thinking AE86s are the strongest overpowered car EVER!
-start seeing 10 ,000 and 11,000 RPMs on your car's tachometer
-start seeing a digital HUD on your car's windshield. Complete with digital speedometer, DRIFT indicator, tachometer on lower right, lap times on upper left, your name, car model and a GPS map. In some cases, even your face is also there.
-if you try to drift your car and expect a giant boost of acceleration to come afterwords and that battles races are won by doing this repeatedly until mid race.
-when you try to tackle Genting Highland.
-if you think R35 is free after driving a lot and most sports Japanese sports cars cost RM2.
-run into a wall and expect the car to look as shiny and perfect as ever with only slight decrease in speed.
-listen to ID6 game music all the time. *raises hand*

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Sep 16 2012, 08:38 PM
Zay
Posted: Sep 16 2012, 10:07 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 38,741

You've Played too much IDAS when

-You look up AE86's on craigslist.
-Drive your car at a moderate speed but take it waayy toooo seriously.
-Look at every Honda and Toyota and imagine it drifting a nice turn.

Saxifrage
  Posted: Sep 25 2012, 12:12 AM

IDW Prime Member

sometimes you wish that auras and wings exist in real life.

you put one of your legs in a gutter. derp.gif