Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (WMMT3 OST) Supreme Folly

Important Rules
Please READ this topic before starting a topic in this section. And remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

This section is on a basis of member-helping-member, no one is obligated to answer your questions.
People are taking their own time to answer your question(s), be thankful and appreciate helps from the others.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,144  ·  Replies: 7 
> irohazaka help
initial*freak
  Posted: Apr 12 2009, 11:34 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,182

i need help on getting a quicker time in irohazaka, some people say i should rail rape on everyturn, i did that but it doesnt work because everytime i do it i u turn and mess up, i was also wondering if you use break on everyturn... plzz help me...

p.s: heres a video on irozahzaka id4 that i would like to accomplish doing
v
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_0bwlHAo48...re=channel_page
DigiBunny
Posted: Apr 12 2009, 11:49 AM

Reading is magic!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,700

The thing about Iro in this version is that you really have to wallrape. If you mess up, you need to do it again and again until you get it right. Remember that wallrape is done early, full gas. Countersteer like mad.

As for brakes, yes and no. You should tap them before a pin to cancel accel penalties, but thats about it.
initial*freak
  Posted: Apr 12 2009, 01:00 PM

IDW Member

i see so i just have to keep practicing on wall raping but braking i guess.. thx for the help biggrin.gif
Edi-no-son
Posted: Apr 12 2009, 06:26 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 3,486

I'm assuing this type of wall raping is totally different to v3's wall rape rite??
And also it works for all cars right?

Didn't really like the idea of it, but was the only way to get up the top so had to learn.... >< ><
gns64
Posted: Apr 12 2009, 06:35 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 30,722

I tried to not wall rape when I started but I realized that I couldn't get any better then around 2'56. then I started to wallrape and my time went down to 2'50 (with some errors of course).
Maikeru
Posted: Apr 12 2009, 09:40 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 28,530

The way I wall rape is steer halfway, then turn more to full steer and counter steer once you get to the apex. But you need to turn in very early. I brake a little after I start turning but just before the apex.

All corners are different and you just have to trial/error when the corners should be taken. My suggestion is to take all of them heaps early. Even if it looks like your going to reverse yourself. It's the only way to lower your time.

For the jumps, you need to start turning right away after each successive jump.

Hope some of this makes sense or helps lol
FrankNC
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 05:17 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 30,259

Okay so I have an Evo 3 full tuned and am running a 2:52:xxx on a 1.2 vers. I really need to get this wall rape thing down if you nice guys and gals would be so kind to help. I have a couple of questions:
What's the best line before you turn?
When do you downshift? Before the turn, or right at the turn?
Do you break or pc any before the turns?
And do you pc after the turn when your car is straight again or what?

I've never been good at initial-d. I sucked at version 3. Around where I live the best here is the owner of the arcade. I just want to be able to beat him once. Lol.
initial*freak
  Posted: Apr 14 2009, 05:02 PM

IDW Member

thx for these advices ima try to keep practicing on this wall rape and see if my times gets lower thx all of you