Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing Boys Band - Crazy Night

Important Rules
user posted imagePost everything about Initial D Arcade Stage Ver.3 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 subforums. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 2,915  ·  Replies: 25 
> Akina Uphill Vs. Sudo Kyochi
WarHamster
  Posted: Aug 30 2004, 09:27 PM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,857

Alrighty on the Uphill of Akina vs. Sudo Kyochi (Kyle (Kyouichi)) for all you American guys).:

Is it even possible to beat him on the uphill with a MR2? Forgive me for being a n00b, but I can take pretty much all the corners perfectly and he'll still smoke me both in the corners & even more so in the straight aways. I can handle downhill (like against Takeshi & the 32 that came before Sudo) EASILY, but I just can't keep up with an Evo on the uphill. Is there anything I'm missing, or am I just expecting to much to win a match like that?

This post has been edited by WarHamster on Aug 30 2004, 09:32 PM
otakurave
Posted: Aug 30 2004, 09:48 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 2,414

I think you might be going to slow through the corners possibly, what gear are you taking most of the corners at? and roughly the speeds if you can remember. As long as your not slamming into the walls, he shouldn't be much of a problem with any car, which goes back to my first sentence D:
WarHamster
  Posted: Aug 30 2004, 09:54 PM

IDW Senior Member

I'm taking the corners in 3rd or 4th gear most of the time. I can't really get up to speed enough to use my 5th much while driving Akina uphill. I can't remember my approach speeds off the top of my head though...
dai2i2ick
Posted: Aug 30 2004, 10:11 PM

retired and bored as hell

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,085

you should actually be in 5th gear for much of the course...

and it should perfectly possible to beat everyone in LOTS with any car if i'm not mistaken... if the driver is capable enough then LOTS shouldn't be a huge problem for any car. i don't know too much about the mr2 but when i do akina uh with my gc8v i never hit 3rd gear... it shouldn't be any different for the mr2.
Jin
Posted: Aug 30 2004, 10:21 PM

学校の乗組員

Member No.: 1,896

shift better, cuz i overtake him during the first part of the striaghtaways by taking better line
Tezza
Posted: Aug 30 2004, 10:21 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,836

mr2 aint that big of a car... i think u can go for 4th gear corners easy and c'mon.... u cant get to 5th gear? thats wierd. evrything else ... i'll second what dai2i2ick said ....

This post has been edited by Tezza on Aug 30 2004, 10:21 PM
DKW
Posted: Aug 31 2004, 12:00 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 2,344

WarHamster - I've never driven an MR2, but in general, here's what you should do (besides stay off the walls):

- For the first big 180 left, downshift either one or two gears (since you'll be hitting it fast), brake if necessary, and immediately get back in gear when you're past.
- Do the same for the first of the two ensuing hairpins; leave the car in 4th for the second.
- Brake hard for the first of the Deadly Hairpins and leave the car in 4th for the rest. The MOST important thing here is getting a good out-in-out line for each turn. Don't worry about guttering until you're really shooting for top times on this course (which won't be an issue with this race).
- The next hairpin is wide, so you only have to go down to 4th and don't have to brake too much. Start the turn early.
- The next hairpin is the Right Hand of Death in reverse. Go to 3rd and stay there until you're sure you're safe (and then get back to 4th pronto, of course).
- The ensuing kinda-easy part is where you have to be careful; it will REALLY eat your lunch if you take it the same way you did in v2. You want to at least ease off the gas when you get to the orange barriers, if not brake.
- Two more tight, flat hairpins, the first coming at the end of a long straightaway. Again, double-down for the first and do the second in 4th (you'll have to brake a little because you'll build up some speed going into it).

If you're clean up to this point, the remainder of the course should be a snap.

P.S.: Kile is a bum on this course. I have him solidly in the bottom tier. If you're struggling with him, I see trouble on the horizon. smile.gif
DKW
Posted: Aug 31 2004, 12:06 AM

IDW God Member

Bit of an addendum...the key to effective downshifting to 3rd is getting back to 4th quickly. Don't spend too much time in 3rd, or you'll really struggle to get back up to speed. It's possible to take every hairpin in 4th, but you have to be good at braking.

As I said before, if your only concern is beating Kile, he's easy. If you're going for Time Trial times, however, corner exit speed is extremely important.
dai2i2ick
Posted: Aug 31 2004, 02:06 PM

QUOTE (DKW @ Aug 31 2004, 12:06 AM)
Bit of an addendum...the key to effective downshifting to 3rd is getting back to 4th quickly. Don't spend too much time in 3rd, or you'll really struggle to get back up to speed. It's possible to take every hairpin in 4th, but you have to be good at braking.

As I said before, if your only concern is beating Kile, he's easy. If you're going for Time Trial times, however, corner exit speed is extremely important.

if you guys are going to keep calling him by the stupid english version name, at least spell it right... (Kyle (Kyouichi))
d0ob0o
Posted: Aug 31 2004, 02:18 PM

<3

Member No.: 1,467

um...simple tips to beat him

1. dont hit walls
2. braking is key especially on akina
3. do all turns(hairpins) in atleast 4th gear
4. dont try to pass him and end up raping a wall
5. do better
DKW
Posted: Aug 31 2004, 03:18 PM

IDW God Member

dai - Intentional alternate spelling. I'm trying to avoid that annoying (Insert Acutal Given Name In Parenthesis) thing. It's known as "censor bypass" on some boards, although I haven't gotten warned for this yet, so I guess it's okay. More or less. I know who Kyoichi Sudo is, don't worry.

Anyway, isn't this the sort of thing that should go to questions about the boards or wherever?
WarHamster
  Posted: Sep 1 2004, 07:53 PM

IDW Senior Member

Well I beat him! Thanks for all your advice guys.

It's kinda funny, I dropped several dollars trying to beat him. However, Tak (Takumi), Ry (Ryousuke), & most of the other opponents up to tsuchisaka I beat on my 1st or 2nd try. I don't know about tsuchisaka though, because I ran out of money at that point (hey a guys gotta eat. I'll be d*mned if I'm gonna starve during a 10 hour shift at work).

But yeah thanks for all the help guys.
d0ob0o
Posted: Sep 1 2004, 08:17 PM

<3

Member No.: 1,467

if u had trouble with sudou u mite have some with Tak (Takumi) on tsuchi
dai2i2ick
Posted: Sep 1 2004, 08:51 PM

i don't know... he might have problems with the evo guys first.
4g63
Posted: Sep 1 2004, 08:55 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 2,093

<<< I dont have to pay to play Initial D. My friend Bender works in the arcade grin2.gif i played 50 dollars worth today. THANK U BENDER!
Xibal (ER34)
Posted: Sep 2 2004, 02:32 AM

시발개

Member No.: 2,310

damn u
WarHamster
  Posted: Sep 2 2004, 06:06 AM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (dai2i2ick @ Sep 1 2004, 08:51 PM)

Nah, I already cleared all of Akina, Irohazaka, & Hpaapogahara. After I got past Sudo, the rest of the opponents on all those tracks just flew by. Like I said, I beat all of them in my 1st or 2nd try. I just have Shomaru & Tsuchisaka left, and that's just because I haven't gotten a chance to try either of those yet. I ran out of money after Hpaapogahara.
GAARA
Posted: Sep 2 2004, 09:03 AM

UFC Light Heavyweight Champ, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson!!!

Member No.: 2,633

QUOTE (WarHamster @ Sep 2 2004, 06:06 AM)

Nah, I already cleared all of Akina, Irohazaka, & Hpaapogahara. After I got past Sudo, the rest of the opponents on all those tracks just flew by. Like I said, I beat all of them in my 1st or 2nd try. I just have Shomaru & Tsuchisaka left, and that's just because I haven't gotten a chance to try either of those yet. I ran out of money after Hpaapogahara.

The evo guys dai2i2ick is talking about are on tsuchi.
dai2i2ick
Posted: Sep 2 2004, 09:27 AM

QUOTE (GAARA_of_the_sand @ Sep 2 2004, 09:03 AM)
QUOTE (WarHamster @ Sep 2 2004, 06:06 AM)

The evo guys dai2i2ick is talking about are on tsuchi.

lol i'd be a noob if i was referring to Kyouichi and Seiji as the evo guys.
GAARA
Posted: Sep 2 2004, 05:34 PM

I don't really read the manga but do those two even have names? Instead of man in evoV and man in evoVI.
dai2i2ick
Posted: Sep 2 2004, 06:01 PM

QUOTE (GAARA_of_the_sand @ Sep 2 2004, 05:34 PM)
I don't really read the manga but do those two even have names? Instead of man in evoV and man in evoVI.

i'm not too sure... i tried downloading the manga and i'm sure they appear in the one that's about to come out. i d/led a part of it but something crashed and so i couldn't read it. if you think about it though, why would they just call them "man in evo IV" and "man in evo V" in the game when everyone has a name (stupid ones but still). i'm guessing they aren't given a name in the manga.

damn i could have full-tuned my car today but i had to leave early to beat traffic and make it back to berkeley! pinch2.gif
seth
Posted: Sep 2 2004, 06:04 PM

The Lone Wolf

Member No.: 1,294

Ya Tak (Takumi) will pretty much own ur Mr2 on tsuchi unless ur a decent driver....
dai2i2ick
Posted: Sep 2 2004, 06:08 PM

i find that he slows down considerably towards the end though. my friend was messing around he made me hit the construction cones so takumi ended passing me mad.gif i ended up falling about 150m behind, i caught up though towards the end. even if he falls behind, he might still have a chance. he just needs to pull off the run of his life towards the end w00t2.gif

strangely i was having some trouble with Kyouichi on akina uh... pinch2.gif i haven't done that course in a long time and i totally forgot how to do it. i've beaten him before the first time around but the 2nd round, i totally blew it and had to try a second time to only beat him by like 50m... (so sad)... i think i'm starting to become more of a wet course player though 'cuz i played him again on wet and i dusted him easily. maybe it's just me, but i find it strange.

This post has been edited by dai2i2ick on Sep 2 2004, 06:11 PM
Phantom_R32
Posted: Sep 2 2004, 07:20 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

QUOTE (WarHamster @ Aug 30 2004, 09:27 PM)
Alrighty on the Uphill of Akina vs. Sudo Kyochi (Kyle (Kyouichi) (Kyouichi)) for all you American guys).:

Is it even possible to beat him on the uphill with a MR2? Forgive me for being a n00b, but I can take pretty much all the corners perfectly and he'll still smoke me both in the corners & even more so in the straight aways. I can handle downhill (like against Takeshi & the 32 that came before Sudo) EASILY, but I just can't keep up with an Evo on the uphill. Is there anything I'm missing, or am I just expecting to much to win a match like that?

If you have an MR2 you should be able to beat him quite easily on akina uphill but if you just started playing not too long ago then just keep on practicing
GAARA
Posted: Sep 2 2004, 07:23 PM

QUOTE (dai2i2ick @ Sep 2 2004, 06:01 PM)
QUOTE (GAARA_of_the_sand @ Sep 2 2004, 05:34 PM)
I don't really read the manga but do those two even have names?  Instead of man in evoV and man in evoVI.

i'm not too sure... i tried downloading the manga and i'm sure they appear in the one that's about to come out. i d/led a part of it but something crashed and so i couldn't read it. if you think about it though, why would they just call them "man in evo IV" and "man in evo V" in the game when everyone has a name (stupid ones but still). i'm guessing they aren't given a name in the manga.

damn i could have full-tuned my car today but i had to leave early to beat traffic and make it back to berkeley! pinch2.gif

That would be dumb to just call them that. At least a name, any name, as long as I dont have to call them by the ones they have now.

2 Pages  1 2