Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Sileighty's Theme

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 5,671  ·  Replies: 61 
> Honda V.S Toyota
vtecstyl3z
  Posted: Nov 3 2002, 02:14 PM

United States Marine Corps

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 4

.... as title.
Inabj2
Posted: Nov 3 2002, 02:33 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 67

Well they both concetrate and rather different ideologies, I don't believe a direct comparison is suitable, you should be more specific and compare specific innovations for the 2 rather then being completely ambigous comparison which is would required more of an oppinionated answer rather then a factual one.

A better question would of been VVTi vs VTEC for example, or you can even compare to car models, Toyota Corolla vs Honda Civic, or Toyota Camry Vs Honda Accord. and etc and etc.
vtecstyl3z
  Posted: Nov 3 2002, 03:20 PM

QUOTE (Inabj2 @ Nov 3 2002, 02:33 PM)
Well they both concetrate and rather different ideologies, I don't believe a direct comparison is suitable,  you should be more specific and compare specific innovations for the 2 rather then being completely ambigous comparison which is would required more of an oppinionated answer rather then a factual one.  

A better question would of been VVTi vs VTEC for example,  or you can even compare to car models,  Toyota Corolla vs Honda Civic, or Toyota Camry Vs Honda Accord.  and etc and etc.

im opening this topic again is because last time i accidently deleted it. and for last time topic was, honda rules or toyota? this question i made is good enough. people knows about honda and toyota. if you bust out with a vvti or vtec. the noobs prob dont no sh!t. so ya honda v.s toyota. cheevoon do you happy now ? i made u a topic biggrin.gif laugh.gif

?? i think last time was AE v.s EG right ???
cheevoon correct me if im wrong. hahah u punk where da hell you been for the passed 5 day? hahahahhahahahahah!!!
SpOoNRaCeR14
Posted: Nov 3 2002, 04:42 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 70

Its all bout honda.... Gotta love the vtec....All motor all da way
vtecstyl3z
  Posted: Nov 3 2002, 05:19 PM

QUOTE (SpOoNRaCeR14 @ Nov 3 2002, 04:42 PM)
Its all bout honda.... Gotta love the vtec....All motor all da way

lol.....!!!!! feel me dog. hahahahahhaha i love honda too smile.gif i think acura is better laugh.gif no duh they the same engine hahahhaha!!!!!

Perry
Posted: Nov 3 2002, 05:41 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

lol...another Honda fan ! w00t ! tongue.gif
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
vtecstyl3z
  Posted: Nov 3 2002, 08:20 PM

check this honda site out. is pretty cool. actually it just a forums. they all talks about honda there. pretty cool board.

Honda-Tech.com

i have some EG-6 pics here smile.gif the exhaust is what i like the most. it pretty bad azz + sound bad azz too.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Betrayed
Posted: Nov 3 2002, 08:27 PM

Unregistered

How can u guys say honda is all that? I mean, we've all heard the superfast hondas that people make, but in stock form, a honda is a pitiful thing. there are not many cars that cannot take a civic any day of the week. Toyotas on the otherhand, while not my favorite, at least give people something to start with. Im Toyota all the way on this discussion!
vtecstyl3z
  Posted: Nov 3 2002, 08:34 PM

QUOTE (Betrayed @ Nov 3 2002, 08:27 PM)
How can u guys say hoda is all that? I mean, we've all heard the superfast hondas that people make, but in stock form, a honda is a pitiful thing. there are not many cars that cannot take a civic any day of the week. Toyotas on the otherhand, while not my favorite, at least give people something to start with. Im Toyota all the way on this discussion!

hey boi if you live in the U.S you should know that . thats freedom of choice/speech. according to the 1st amendment in the Constitution. you can say toyota is da shit. but we people in the other hands saids toyota sucks smile.gif la la la la la what can you do anyways? hahahahahahhahah nothing right? so yea don't say honda is a pitiful thing. when other judges toyota is ugly sh!t.
betrayed
Posted: Nov 3 2002, 09:01 PM

Unregistered

I know freedom of speach. I am just saying in a performance aspect, a toyota will take a honda 9/10 times. I know we can all say "well a prelude can take a camry" or " a supra can waist any honda", but im talking about in comparison to the eqivilant car. there are always diffrent views to any arguement. I do agree hondas can be fast, but i am just saying for the cost of most hondas, a toyota with the same money will be alot faster.

By the way, i didnt know we were talking about look. Its hopeless argueing about that. I mean, some people even think the pontiac Aztec is good looking, and i know u wont agree with that one.
vtecstyl3z
  Posted: Nov 3 2002, 09:07 PM

QUOTE (betrayed @ Nov 3 2002, 09:01 PM)
I know freedom of speach. I am just saying in a performance aspect, a toyota will take a honda 9/10 times. I know we can all say "well a prelude can take a camry" or " a supra can waist any honda", but im talking about in comparison to the eqivilant car. there are always diffrent views to any arguement. I do agree hondas can be fast, but i am just saying for the cost of most hondas, a toyota with the same money will be alot faster.

By the way, i didnt know we were talking about look. Its hopeless argueing about that. I mean, some people even think the pontiac Aztec is good looking, and i know u wont agree with that one.

its cool man. i know as long as we love cars. is all good . we all cars nuts here hahahahha
TofuDriftAE86
Posted: Nov 3 2002, 10:10 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 72

Here are my thoughts on Honda Vs. Toyota

well first off since you guys are initial D fans all of you must love drifting. I think there is absolutely no competition with Honda vs Toyota. I dislike both companies but i think Toyota is by far better.

Honda lacks cars with FR. Most of em are FF . It's simply impossible to drift adequately with front wheel drive(e-brake sliding does not count as a drift). Since power is given to your front wheels you will not be able to hold a drift for that long. The only honda car i respect is the s2000 roadster. All of the other honda cars lack low end power like the civic, integra(rsx acura in the states), prelude. I also think Honda over prices their new civics.

Toyota has a lot of FR cars available like the trueno, the supra, and the altezza(aka is300 lexus). I wont go in great detail about those cars but in my opinion having FR is essential.

I live in San Diego and i have visited Japan before. In japan its rare to see a honda car. Why? because they suck. Just about every night people and crews race below the yokohama bay bridge. All the cars i saw were FR and AWD.
karasac
Posted: Nov 4 2002, 02:51 PM

Rotary Disciple

Member No.: 11

QUOTE (TofuDriftAE86 @ Nov 4 2002, 06:10 AM)
Here are my thoughts on Honda Vs. Toyota

well first off since you guys are initial D fans all of you must love drifting. I think there is absolutely no competition with Honda vs Toyota. I dislike both companies but i think Toyota is by far better.

Honda lacks cars with FR. Most of em are FF . It's simply impossible to drift adequately with front wheel drive(e-brake sliding does not count as a drift). Since power is given to your front wheels you will not be able to hold a drift for that long. The only honda car i respect is the s2000 roadster. All of the other honda cars lack low end power like the civic, integra(rsx acura in the states), prelude. I also think Honda over prices their new civics.

Toyota has a lot of FR cars available like the trueno, the supra, and the altezza(aka is300 lexus). I wont go in great detail about those cars but in my opinion having FR is essential.

I live in San Diego and i have visited Japan before. In japan its rare to see a honda car. Why? because they suck. Just about every night people and crews race below the yokohama bay bridge. All the cars i saw were FR and AWD.

bravo bravo! i like this guy already biggrin.gif
Inabj2
Posted: Nov 4 2002, 04:16 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 67

Sorry But I personally hate the civic, They are expensive, slow, ugly, unsafe. I see way to many people driving civics trying to race corvettes, camaros, and mustangs, saying they have this new turbo engine, Off course the vette drivers dont bother, when they do its rather pitiful sight. Also have you seen some of the things people do to thier civics? One word, rice.

There are very fast custom made civics, those are the only civics I wouldn't mind driving but they are so few that I could problably count them with my left hand.

Honda, itself im rather dissapointed at what honda is offering to the us market, The NSX, im sorry but why pay 90,000 dollars, when chevy used to make cars that could come to its performance level for 27000 ? Why pay 90000 when Ford has a supercharged Mustang Cobra that could out perform it in most aspects? (except top speed, which will trounce on a nsx with speed limiter removed.) Why spend 90 k when corvette offers beter performance in ALL aspects, for half the price? the Z06 corvette wouldn't even be competing, it would be thrashing the car. Im sorry but for that kinda money, I would rather buy a brand new Dodge Viper which handles better as well as out performs the NSX. The viper would leave the NSX in the dust in the twisties, and in the striaghts.

The S2000 is a decen't model no complaints. other then that its way over priced, for that money I could buy a Nissan 350z which would i believe out perform it, A Mustang Mach 1, if not the Cobra which would seriously trounce it. And any 2002 Camaros and Pontiac WS6 that may still be for sale.

Honda Accord, The last generation im glad to see it go, this new generation seems very decent so no complains, that 6 speed 240 hp accord seems very formidable car for it class, However again I believe that the Nissan 3.5 SE Altima 245 hp is a better deal, offering slightly performance and a considerable lower price.

Honda Prelude, well this is an outdated model, my complain obviously its way to pricey for what it offers,

The Civic, omg itd be nice if the car costed about 5 thousand dollars less, In my oppinion in its class the civic is having its ass seriously beaten by almost all manufacturers! The base model civics, have cheaper, better performing competitors such as the Ford Focus, Chevrolet Cavalier, Dodge neon, Suzuki Aero, Hyundai Elantra, Hyundai, Tiburon, Mitsubitchi Lancer etc etc. The only car that is possibly more craptacular is the surprisingly toyota camry. The performance variant of the Civix Si which many of you seem to worship due to its Vtec engine, is also seriously out performed by many of the cars I mentioned here, Mazdaspeed mp3 turbo will out perform it, so does the Ford Focus SVT, Toyota, Matrix, Pontiac Vibe, as well as the Hyundai Tiburon V6 variant, The Dodge SRT 4 Neon that is coming out I believe is the best value for performance compact under 20 k, no car will come close in this aspect. A honda Civic Si, vs a Dodge Neon SRT 4 match would be laughable, especially since the turbocharged neon is 2 seconds faster in 0-60 zone, and tops out at 148 mph.

Acura, the RSX its not a bad car, its just that again its a bit pricey, id rather spend less money on the SRT 4 or spend about the same and get myself a Subaru WRX which would own it. But it is a better option then getting a Toyota Celica in my book.

Toyota, I believe that toyota's quality is going tremendsly down, What it offers in terms of performance value is laughable, toyota celica? Toyota MR2 Spider? Both making much less then 200 hp? (138 hp for Mr2, 140 Hp for Celica GT, 180 hp Celica GTi). And the Camry and Solara options are overpriced and seriously being out performed by what Nissan has to offer, even honda's new accord (the V6 variant) could seriosly own them. I find it tremendesly sad that Toyota from 10 yrs ago could seriously out perform and own today's toyota. (1993 Toyota Supra 320 hp, Mr2 200 hp, Celica ALL TRAC Turbo 200 hp, Camry made same hp as today's camry.)

Toyota in history of cars have made much better cars then Honda has, its just that today Toyota has gone down. While american manufactures and even fellow Japanese manufactures such as Subaru, and Nissan have gone up, and even Hyundai (ok so Hyundai is korean so sue me. tongue.gif ) Honda is just beggining to go up.
karasac
Posted: Nov 4 2002, 06:10 PM

Rotary Disciple

i also think its true that toyota is seriously lacking today. but from what ive heard they are going to make another branch company(similar to Lexus),they gonna call it Sion(witch means offspring)Sion is gonna focus on sports cars and making them reasonably priced. one of their first cars is gonna be the redesigned AE86, had a picture of it, ill post it if i find it.
vtecstyl3z
  Posted: Nov 4 2002, 06:29 PM

damn boi calm down. dont need to type like a bible just to b.s my honda smile.gif thats totally i cant accept that !!! hahah j/k who cars there lots of people but buys honda and toyota. you cant stop them. they just DO !!! there lots honda and toyota fans. may be initial D makes more people turn into ae86. i like honda because the "RICE rockets owns" i dont care if it slow or not. i drive a honda and pimp b@itChs with it. you dont wanna with a car forevers. i want a gurls more than cars. hahahah thats just the way im! gurls gurlz gurlx

dude my sis go to colleges. she told me that lots chix like honda. and lots guys own a honda. hahahahahhaha take that suckers! my sis personal drive a type R!
karasac
Posted: Nov 4 2002, 06:30 PM

Rotary Disciple

found it. they are combining the Altezza(IS 300) with the Levin hatchback AE86 to make this.
SpOoNRaCeR14
Posted: Nov 4 2002, 07:05 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 70

thats an Ek picture you posted....and im into honda because we can make alot of power out of a 4 cylinder engine.Not like toyota come with 6 and shyt.Throw a intake you'll gain like 20 horsepower...Honda dont belive in turbo toyota does causd they knoe they will lose if they go all motor with all that weight.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

not tryna sound like a ricer...but thats just my opinion

I prefer Honda
Kyo
Posted: Nov 4 2002, 07:13 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 57

well vtec... u really miss me alot?

has been quite busy with my homework lately...

enough for today... saw so many notes spanking ur axx...

u seems to change very fast... at 1st u said civic rules... now u say u dun really care...

cool.gif
vtecstyl3z
  Posted: Nov 4 2002, 09:21 PM

QUOTE (cheevoon @ Nov 4 2002, 07:13 PM)
well vtec... u really miss me alot?

has been quite busy with my homework lately...

enough for today... saw so many notes spanking ur axx...

u seems to change very fast... at 1st u said civic rules... now u say u dun really care...

cool.gif

no i dont miss ur ass at all. but the way i said i dont care is that. no matter what people trying saying. they never can convince someone else's mind or heart. even tho you or other said that "Honda sucks". So what if honda sucks. but there still lots of people drive honda. and many people love Honda. so what if i say toyota sucks. there still people drives toyota. it just the way people are. saying whatever belief they have.do whatever they want. if you agree with them/me fine with me. but i dont really care what people saying about Honda or toyota. all i care is myself and my belief. why bother to keep b.s about which one is the best. or fast. that lead me to why i changed my mind so fast. i belive thats why i deleted the topic last time.
(p.s.. is other people's decision and money to decide which cars to buy. is their business why bother to say wasted 90g on a NSX. turly what im trying to say now is their problem not yours. thats all i have to say. in this world there many people with different ideas and thoughts and thats why make our life so different and have different point of views. something you truly belive in mite be right. but to others it mite be wrong. i just learned from myself no matter what others says. is all about yourself. how you going to decide which is right and wrong. *self decision what most of us dont have. because when you see people saids this is good stuff. then you mite as well stick ur head into it. but you never listen to urself. and you already agree that this is a right thing. so why bothers to say which one is better or not.

karasac
Posted: Nov 4 2002, 09:48 PM

Rotary Disciple

QUOTE (SpOoNRaCeR14 @ Nov 5 2002, 03:05 AM)
thats an Ek picture you posted....

that is not an EK, might have similar lines but its not an EK. look closer
hachi
Posted: Nov 5 2002, 01:23 PM

Unregistered

first and foremost.. what's the deal with saying honda's are over priceD? they are called imports for a reason. and who says that honda's are slow? we're not talking bout those stupid ricer civic's with 100hp. we're talking bout 'no replacement for displacement' engines.
1.8L 170hp gs-r 1/4 mile = 15.0-15.5 some drivers put it 14.8 stock
1.8L 200hp itr. 1/4 mile = 14.5-14.9 stock
1.8L 210hp jdm itr. 1/4 mile = 14.3-14.9stock
2.2L 200hp h22 1/4 mile = 14.8-15.3stock
2.2L 220hp jdm lude. 1/4 mile = 14.8-15.3stock
1.6L 160hp b16 1/4 mile = 15.5-15.9stock
1.6L 180hp jdm b16 1/4 mile = 15.5-15.9stock
3.2L 290hp nsx 1/4 mile = 13.3-13.8stock\
2.0L 240hp s2k 1/4 mile = 13.8-14.5stock\
s2k was noted as the most HP per liter car(cylinder) in the world. @ 120hp/l
as well as redlining at 9k... what stock street car can do that? tongue.gif
toyota wishes they can put numbers like this.

-and to make the point about "cheaper cars" from ford in market with the civic. the ford focus just had 11 recalls for 00-02 models. laugh.gif and ford is in trouble with a 1.6billion debt or million.. forget..they buy the more expensive car cause its 'honda' quality. etc etc.
- one main thing about honda's are the high rev engines and vtec. if you OWN and vtec engine.. you'll understand why pple love honda. yea its annoying to get 'power' out of a car when u gotta briing it up to 5k and ish. but that's what pple like about it.. if you don't like it.. don't buy it.
-another thing.. the average "civic" drivers are FUCKING RICERS! they make honda have a bad name. EX: civic dx with loud ass can, and hub caps starts to rev at u.. yea.. you get annoyed.
-nsx being out classed by domestics? i think not.. the price tag is there for a reason. its a hand built car. with limited production. viper will take the nsx' in a straight away... but not on a road course. the nsx is KNOWN to handle like F1's. yes they are over priced. but its way better looking then the clown shoe viper's.
-the nsx vs supra battle has been going on for ages. you can't compare the two. BUT keep in mind that honda's do give props to the high hp capabilites to the supras. AND the supra crowd does give knowledge that the nsx has godly handling abilities..
-where as the the FR vs FF thing.. honda makes the drivetrain FF for handling. so they don't have to worry bout pple driving in the snow and DIEING rolleyes.gif j.k.. but its just a honda thing to do. besides. honda hold's truth for having the best FF cars. can toyota say they have the best FR?
-and taking it a step further. lets talk about the new F1 toyota car. 1000hp what a joke. laugh.gif it had all this hype, but still didn't even make it on top 5. but wait.. honda did!!! biggrin.gif
bunta_boi
Posted: Nov 5 2002, 04:01 PM

Billy Jean is not my lover ...

Member No.: 68

QUOTE (vtecstyl3z @ Nov 4 2002, 09:21 PM)
no i dont miss ur ass at all. but the way i said i dont care is that. no matter what people trying saying. they never can convince someone else's mind or heart. even tho you or other said that "Honda sucks". So what if honda sucks. but there still lots of people drive honda. and many people love Honda. so what if i say toyota sucks. there still people drives toyota. it just the way people are. saying whatever belief they have.do whatever they want. if you agree with them/me fine with me. but i dont really care what people saying about Honda or toyota. all i care is myself and my belief. why bother to keep b.s about which one is the best. or fast. that lead me to why i changed my mind so fast. i belive thats why i deleted the topic last time.
(p.s.. is other people's decision and money to decide which cars to buy. is their business why bother to say wasted 90g on a NSX. turly what im trying to say now is their problem not yours. thats all i have to say. in this world there many people with different ideas and thoughts and thats why make our life so different and have different point of views. something you truly belive in mite be right. but to others it mite be wrong. i just learned from myself no matter what others says. is all about yourself. how you going to decide which is right and wrong. *self decision what most of us dont have. because when you see people saids this is good stuff. then you mite as well stick ur head into it. but you never listen to urself. and you already agree that this is a right thing. so why bothers to say which one is better or not.

uhh, you only care about your beliefs? you dont care if a car sucks or is slow? what do you think racing is about? showing that your car DOESNT suck and that it would terminate the other car. you wanna believe that a 106hp civic is the shit? even tho it isnt? that your car is "fast" even tho it juss got its ass wooped? you gonna say you only care about what you think? then u shouldnt be racing......get out of the way so i can join this race and beat the other civic over there
vtecstyl3z
  Posted: Nov 5 2002, 06:07 PM

i dont care what type of fuckin car i have. as long as its faster than a bus or a bike i will take it. im not a ricer and never will be a ricer. is my choice anyways. im kinda piss off in this topic. all you people watched the Initial D and go crazy about the toyota.(belive me just because that fool can drift like a pro doesnt mean all of us will. drifting is danger plus if you learn urself you mite as well gonna kill yourself.) and belive me the 86 is out of dates. you dont see them in the street anymore.. and if you guys say honda sucks do you know any honda technology at all? if honda sucks it won't be the top 10 best selling car in the world. a 100 hp civic still faster than a bike. why hatin on the low horsepower cars? if someone else have a faster car than you. you dont want them hating on u caz you have a slow hp car right? they still a car fool. i belive a true ricer wouldn't hate on any cars.because they car lover
Kyo
Posted: Nov 5 2002, 06:43 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 57

whoa..looks like there are lotsa of arguement here...vtec, me juz talk to u like a fren asking whether u miss me too much here smile.gif..nothing to do with this topic..

but believe it or not... i only start to watch initial D last yr & i've been driving my AE71 for bout 3 to 4 yrs before i was forced to gv it up selling it.. i really miss the engine performance (i bought it 2nd hand... it's modified & i dunno wat's the engine.. i dunno much about cars last time..i believe it was equipped with a Levin engine... so sad to gv it up for some reasons sad.gif )

anyhow... the true spirit in this topic is... doesnt matter wat car u drv...new or old... FF or FR or MR... wat matters is the driving skill and the driver's passion towards their car... (i still miss my AE71 a lot coz it really kick ass)

A good car/powerful car can be bought by just spending extra cash... but a good knowlegde & skill are something which u cannot buy...

I know u hv ur own passion on Civic... like others who prefer IBM... others prefer Mac in computer world... I myself hv my own believe that doesnt matter wat car u drive... wat's is important is whether u can really "click" with ur own car & being out the best of it... (it happen when i was given N13 by my dad & I can't handle it at all in "special road condition" )

Cool down man.. cool.gif , look at the bright side... this topic has leads us to know more and acknowledge about other car as well (though i still like my AE71 & 92)

lOOK forward to learn more bout cars in this forum.... blink.gif

3 Pages  1 2 3