Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Ace - Futureland

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

184 Pages  « 179 180 181 182 183 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 199,026  ·  Replies: 4,575 
> Official Pro Wrestling Thread, IT'S THE TOP THREAD, YES IT IS!
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 17 2017, 08:27 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,414

Just read a rumour that the E is thinking of moving Reigns to Smackdown. This is one of those times that "Dear God, No", meme pics entirely describe my reaction to that rumour.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tessou
Posted: Mar 17 2017, 07:21 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

This is the fourth year in a row they've attempted the coronation of Reigns as top guy. Why can't they understand that getting over cannot be forced?

Honestly, the only match I really care about at WM is Seth v HHH. Seth has been my favorite talent for years, and I think this match with HHH is going to be the next major step in his legacy as a top talent.

AJ v Shane might be neat, depending on how they set it up. I will assume that this week's Smackdown will elaborate upon what kind of match it will be. I'm hoping for a weapons match.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 18 2017, 02:06 PM

QUOTE (Tessou @ Yesterday, 11:21 PM)
This is the fourth year in a row they've attempted the coronation of Reigns as top guy. Why can't they understand that getting over cannot be forced?

Honestly, the only match I really care about at WM is Seth v HHH. Seth has been my favorite talent for years, and I think this match with HHH is going to be the next major step in his legacy as a top talent.

AJ v Shane might be neat, depending on how they set it up. I will assume that this week's Smackdown will elaborate upon what kind of match it will be. I'm hoping for a weapons match.

I wonder, now that Balor is back in action, whether he'll be on WrestleMania or even get back into the Universal Title picture?
Tessou
Posted: Mar 18 2017, 06:33 PM

Group Icon

Oh, he will, but he's going to have to beat Brock to win it. Babyfaces don't win titles via fuckery, which is pretty much the only way to beat Brock without being Bill Goldberg.
Tessou
Posted: Mar 20 2017, 08:52 PM

Group Icon

Raw was horrible. It's the go home show before WM so naturally they fill the time with tons of recaps and some bad matches. Also, more ramming the message in that Roman can't POSSIBLY beat Taker (he will). How many times is WWE going to coronate this dude?

Thank god we got the announcement that Cornette himself will be inducting the Rock and Roll Express into the HOF, or today would just be another 100% garbage day for the WWE.

Oh, and the Paige sex tape scandal. facepalm.gif
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 21 2017, 08:40 AM

[Deleted due to errors in the database]

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Mar 24 2017, 12:09 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 21 2017, 08:41 AM

[Deleted due to errors in the database]

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Mar 24 2017, 12:09 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 21 2017, 08:41 AM

The Hall of Fame this year will be worth watching just because Cornette will be there.

I wonder how Smackdown will turn out, but unless I've got my dates wrong, isn't there 1 more week of TV before WrestleMania?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tessou
Posted: Mar 27 2017, 10:49 PM

Group Icon

Raw was a solid 6/10 tonight. This is heavily rumored to be Taker's last outing, and the way they're booking it is truly awful. He's been given a shallow, two week build against Reigns culminating in an awkward promo tonight with an uninterested crowd. It's a bad situation: if Reigns wins, he gets booed out of the building for retiring Taker. If Reigns loses, he gets booed out of the building for a shitty storyline and failing to protect "his yard" once again. Great! At least he hinted at a heel turn tonight, and his end of the promo was actually pretty good.

Seth has to beat HHH or the 2015 Authority storyline will keep going. I hope they give us another spot with Stephanie getting killed by an errant attack.

Where did Samoa Joe go? He was booked to be this badass muscle for HHH, killed Zayn at Fastlane, then did absolutely nothing since.

Goldberg has done everything except blatantly state that his match at WM33 will be his last. He doesn't even seem to care. Why does anybody want this match? Heyman can barely sell this match as anything remotely important, probably because WWE has destroyed any importance in the title via terrible booking and weak champions.

Women's match? Don't care. Bayley took the title on FREE TV, when it would have made far more sense to have her win it at WM33. Now it's just a title defense, in a goddamn fatal four way. Odds on it going right back to Charlotte? 141 2/3%, and Bayley's chance at winnin' "drastic go down". It sure as shit isn't going to Nia, unless Vince has totally lost his marbles.
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 28 2017, 09:23 AM

QUOTE (Tessou @ Today, 2:49 AM)
Raw was a solid 6/10 tonight. This is heavily rumored to be Taker's last outing, and the way they're booking it is truly awful. He's been given a shallow, two week build against Reigns culminating in an awkward promo tonight with an uninterested crowd. It's a bad situation: if Reigns wins, he gets booed out of the building for retiring Taker. If Reigns loses, he gets booed out of the building for a shitty storyline and failing to protect "his yard" once again. Great! At least he hinted at a heel turn tonight, and his end of the promo was actually pretty good.

Seth has to beat HHH or the 2015 Authority storyline will keep going. I hope they give us another spot with Stephanie getting killed by an errant attack.

Where did Samoa Joe go? He was booked to be this badass muscle for HHH, killed Zayn at Fastlane, then did absolutely nothing since.

Goldberg has done everything except blatantly state that his match at WM33 will be his last. He doesn't even seem to care. Why does anybody want this match? Heyman can barely sell this match as anything remotely important, probably because WWE has destroyed any importance in the title via terrible booking and weak champions.

Women's match? Don't care. Bayley took the title on FREE TV, when it would have made far more sense to have her win it at WM33. Now it's just a title defense, in a goddamn fatal four way. Odds on it going right back to Charlotte? 141 2/3%, and Bayley's chance at winnin' "drastic go down". It sure as shit isn't going to Nia, unless Vince has totally lost his marbles.

If this will truly be Taker's last match, what a crappy way to end his career, they should've gone with Cena at the very least. It still bugs me that they didn't bother with putting a Sting vs Taker on WrestleMania instead of what we got, Triple H vs Sting.

At least from the RAW side WrestleMania sucks, Smackdown is at least way better.
Tessou
Posted: Mar 28 2017, 09:49 AM

Group Icon

Is it, though? They've killed Bray's character enough that the big title match doesn't have much weight. I love Orton, but he plays very safe and has a routine for main event matches. Without somebody seriously pushing him to do something crazy, it's going to be just another Orton match.

AJ v Styles could be cool, but it's going to be leaning heavily on AJ pulling the best out of Shane, which isn't going to be much.

Tag and Women's titles? I don't even follow them anymore. Usos don't even have a match scheduled (which will change tonight). Alexa, who I like, is shuffled into essentially a royal rumble match, diluting the championship. BOTH WOMEN'S MATCHES ARE AT LEAST A FATAL FOUR WAY. This booking is garbage for the sake of having as many bodies in the ring as possible. I have no problem with Vince paying them big money for WM appearances, but I'd rather he do it with some solid booking instead of just throwing everybody in.

The cruiserweight title is now booked to be on the fucking PRE SHOW. Neville and Austin Aries, two of the best cruiserweights on the planet, are demoted to pre show. Remember that last year, that spot went to fucking Ryback.
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 28 2017, 10:39 AM

QUOTE (Tessou @ 49 minutes, 33 seconds ago)
Is it, though? They've killed Bray's character enough that the big title match doesn't have much weight. I love Orton, but he plays very safe and has a routine for main event matches. Without somebody seriously pushing him to do something crazy, it's going to be just another Orton match.

AJ v Styles could be cool, but it's going to be leaning heavily on AJ pulling the best out of Shane, which isn't going to be much.

Tag and Women's titles? I don't even follow them anymore. Usos don't even have a match scheduled (which will change tonight). Alexa, who I like, is shuffled into essentially a royal rumble match, diluting the championship. BOTH WOMEN'S MATCHES ARE AT LEAST A FATAL FOUR WAY. This booking is garbage for the sake of having as many bodies in the ring as possible. I have no problem with Vince paying them big money for WM appearances, but I'd rather he do it with some solid booking instead of just throwing everybody in.

The cruiserweight title is now booked to be on the fucking PRE SHOW. Neville and Austin Aries, two of the best cruiserweights on the planet, are demoted to pre show. Remember that last year, that spot went to fucking Ryback.

Man, I remember that, wasn't Ryback even wearing something on his trunks how he's Mr. Pre Show or something....?

I wonder whether they will stick with Wyatt as Champ or whether they'll have Orton pick it up?
Tessou
Posted: Mar 28 2017, 11:11 AM

Group Icon

Orton as champ doesn't do anything for WWE. He's already been champ many times. It's good booking to have Wyatt go over Orton, to strengthen the title and Wyatt.

Ambrose is facing Corbin for the IC title, and I hope Ambrose wins. Corbin is not ready at all for a title run. He's had a year of basically nothing happening for him. Putting a title on him isn't going to help. He needs more seasoning in the midcard.
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 28 2017, 02:50 PM

QUOTE (Tessou @ 3 hours, 38 minutes ago)
Orton as champ doesn't do anything for WWE. He's already been champ many times. It's good booking to have Wyatt go over Orton, to strengthen the title and Wyatt.

Ambrose is facing Corbin for the IC title, and I hope Ambrose wins. Corbin is not ready at all for a title run. He's had a year of basically nothing happening for him. Putting a title on him isn't going to help. He needs more seasoning in the midcard.

Just ran across this earlier, I got to admire WWE and their stance on Roman Reigns:

On fan reaction to Roman Reigns: “People can look at Roman Reigns and say, ‘The failed attempt that is Roman Reigns,’ but Roman Reigns sells tickets,” said Levesque. “Roman Reigns gets one of the loudest reactions every night, whether that reaction is a boo or whether that reaction is a cheer. The fans who say, ‘I don’t understand why they don’t turn Roman Reigns heel!’ Isn’t he already? If you believe what you believe, and you’re saying, ‘How can they not turn him heel? There is 70 percent of the crowd booing him out of the building!’ If that’s your belief, then isn’t he already the biggest heel we have? If 70 percent of that crowd is booing him, then he’s a heel. We’re just presenting him to you in a different way that makes you hate him.”

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Mar 28 2017, 02:50 PM
Tessou
Posted: Mar 28 2017, 04:20 PM

Group Icon

I have a very hard time trusting much of anything Paul says. He can say super great shit but it's meaningless when the booking goes in the opposite direction. "Alternative storytelling" is a garbage explanation for Reigns' angle.
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 28 2017, 06:06 PM

What do you think of those sketches WWE has done with The Miz and Maryse? I think they're comedy gold and although it's obvious he is not walking out of WrestleMania with the W, I wish it'd turn out differently.
Tessou
Posted: Mar 28 2017, 07:03 PM

Group Icon

I think it's leading into a very stupid match. The angle was demolished when Nikki dropped a horrendous promo on Talking Smack.
Tessou
Posted: Mar 30 2017, 09:24 PM

Group Icon

Hell has frozen over. Cornette said Rock n Roll would never be in the HOF. They got in. Then he said he wouldn't induct them. Now he will. He said he wouldn't work for WWE ever again. Is this the golden opportunity to get him back in?

user posted image
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 31 2017, 04:03 PM

It'd be neat to see him come back but probably in some minor role if anything at all, still pretty cool that he met up with the Revival, who we all know he's a big fan of.

That aside, looks like besides this potentially being Taker's last match (read rumours that his match might go last making Reigns the least popular guy to main event 3 WrestleManias in a row), Big Show has announced this is his last Mania as well. I feel bad for him that the Shaq match didn't materialize since he seems to have put in quite the effort to get into good shape for it.
Tessou
Posted: Mar 31 2017, 04:58 PM

Group Icon

Jimmy's killing it at the HOF. He's displaying the passion for the industry that you don't see on WWE very often anymore.
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 31 2017, 11:30 PM

QUOTE (Tessou @ 6 hours, 31 minutes ago)
Jimmy's killing it at the HOF. He's displaying the passion for the industry that you don't see on WWE very often anymore.

Yeah, he did great at the HOF. You hear JR might be on WrestleMania 33?
Tessou
Posted: Apr 1 2017, 07:57 AM

Group Icon

Yeah, he's contracted to call a match. Everybody is betting that he's calling the Reigns/Taker match, as it's probably Taker's last.

EDIT: Nope, he's apparently calling Goldberg/Lesnar. Okay.

This post has been edited by Tessou on Apr 1 2017, 08:37 AM
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 1 2017, 08:52 AM

I'm surprised they brought home him in for that, I wouldn't imagine that Goldberg or Lesnar requested him, like I think Taker did a few years back.
Tessou
Posted: Apr 1 2017, 10:54 PM

Group Icon

My ratings for NXT Takeover Orlando.

- Sanity vs Dillinger, Ohno, Strong and Riot: 2.5/5
This match was destined to be a mess from the beginning, and ended up being pretty much that. I had a very difficult time keeping track of who the legal wrestlers were. Tye had little to do in the match, and the crowd begged for more of him. By the end, I just wanted it to be over. Eric Young looked really good, as did Roderick Strong. It ended with Killian Dain hitting Tye Dillinger with a one handed electric chair driver.

- Almas vs Black: 3.5/5
Right out of the gate, Aleister Black's entrance and music are fucking awesome. His style felt like CM Punk. Almas botched a hurricanrana and legit hurt Black's forearm but they managed to finish the match. Black's finisher needs an update, as right now the "Black Mass" is literally just a roundhouse kick to the head. It was a solid match, and put Black over as a threat, without revealing too much about him. Black won via the Black Mass on poor Almas' head.

- AOP vs DIY vs Revival: 4.75/5
Cornette did not make an appearance. Match of the night, and a solid contender for best WWE match of the weekend if the trend in WM match quality continues. Revival and DIY spent the majority of the match working together to defeat AOP and thus turn the match into a standard tag team match between Revival and DIY for the tag titles. Four guys working in unison to put Rezar through a table was a highlight, as was a spot where Dawson applied a leglock while Gargano applied a headlock as Wilder and Ciampa tried desperately to keep Akam from getting into the ring to break the holds. Despite all of their efforts, AOP managed to pin Ciampa, turning the match into a tag match between AOP and Revival. Rezar flubbed the Supercollider spot and managed to dump Wilder out of the ring, so there was a notable reset of the spot before AOP killed the Revival for the pinfall. A very good match with only a few little nitpicks, otherwise it would be perfect. Cornette would be proud.

- Ember Moon vs Asuka: 4/5
This was the match I really wanted to see. I was honestly expecting Ember Moon to go over and finally allow Asuka to move on to the main roster. Turns out, they wanted to make Ember Moon look ridiculously strong while still having Asuka as the queen of NXT. Asuka was cocky for the majority of the match, as usual, but she became shaken as soon as Ember Moon started teasing the Eclipse, and resorted to desperate measures to keep her from using it. Literally any time Ember Moon was in a corner, Asuka would bum rush it so Ember Moon couldn't get the distance needed to use the move. It reminded me of an old DDP/Bagwell match in WCW where Buff would dive out of the way whenever Dallas would make even the slightest motion towards his neck for the Diamond Cutter. Ember Moon has been the closest in history to actually defeating Asuka, as in, the only one to take Asuka to a 2.9-count. Ember Moon found the perfect opportunity to launch the Eclipse, and Asuka quickly pushed the ref into the corner to disrupt the move, then performed the deadly head kick for the pinfall. Now, I questioned why the ref didn't immediately DQ her for purposely laying hands on him, but it was a solid match. Lots of people are saying Asuka is a heel now, but I disagree. She was afraid and made a desperate move to not get killed. Asuka is still the reigning empress, and Ember Moon will be her end. I can't wait to see that match.

- Roode vs Nakamura: 3.75/5
This match went about the way I expected, but the pace was really slow for the first half and I don't know why they did it that way. Roode worked Nakamura's leg forever, putting him in a number of figure four leglocks, but Nakamura refused to tap. Nakamura finally staged a comeback and got in some great offense, but his final kinshasa attempt worked against him due to the hurt leg, and Roode countered it into a top rope Glorious DDT for the pinfall. It looks like Nakamura is finally primed to get the hell out of NXT and into the main roster, where he'll have more varied opponents. Roode will continue to dominate until they build up Black or Young.

Altogether, a good Takeover. Not the best. Dallas will be extremely hard to beat. Asuka aside, the heels won this event, which is really odd for a PPV/Special. Literally every match had a heel victory, if Asuka's ref bump counts. I hope the next one in a few months turns the tide and lets the faces get their revenge. In particular, for fuck's sake, let Dillinger beat somebody.
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 2 2017, 07:30 AM

The new NXT titles are surprisingly pretty nice, I was half expecting they take a cue from the WWE belts and go with, at least for the main belt, a yellow belt with a giant WWE or NXT logo.

Looks like Drew Galloway is also back in the WWE, well in NXT at least.

184 Pages  « 179 180 181 182 183 »