Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing SaGa - -MADOKA-

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post knowingly false information. Violators will be issued an actual warning.
• Please do NOT copy and paste articles from other websites. Link and short description is ok, but please do not copy and paste pages of info. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of software here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Discussions about illegal materials such as ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are not encouraged in this subforum.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,395  ·  Replies: 0 
> Sony PCG-61313L Disassembly
khat17
  Posted: May 23 2012, 11:24 AM

IDW SIMPLETON

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 17,668

This is a fairly easy get into. I haven't removed the keyboard yet so that I'm not sure about. I think some videos are online for that tho.

To get to the CPU and such for cleaning and whatnot you just need to take out the half million screws from the bottom and lift it off. Most of the screws are the same. The screws closest to the hinges (one on each side) are larger than all the others and the two underneath the battery are smaller than all the others. Aside from that you have 15 screws. So that's 19 including the two larger and two smaller.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 768. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 768. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

After that you just lift off the bottom (after sliding out the optical drive) and you're in.

user posted image

When putting it back together just remember that there are two screws which hold in the hard drive.

user posted image

Nothing much else to it really. If/when I get around to going after the keyboard I'll let you guys know.