Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Melissa White & Ace - Switch!

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

6 Pages  « 3 4 5 6  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 25,165  ·  Replies: 127 
> Celbii's RedSuns FC3S Build
Vile
Posted: Mar 9 2014, 10:27 PM

IDW's Furfag

Group: Members
Member No.: 30,586

Hey umm Celbii, if you ever decide to let go of those wheels (Or just the rims really), let me know. I'm really interested in them!

EDIT: Forgot to mention but the ones on the S5 FC that you recently bought.

This post has been edited by Vile on Mar 9 2014, 10:38 PM
backalleyracer
Posted: Mar 9 2014, 11:03 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 7,122

QUOTE (celbii @ Yesterday, 10:04 PM)
I enjoy slow cars for some reason tongue.gif Granted this is one of the faster older N/A cars I've had. I DD a 07 acura tl type s and its decent for a bigger car speed wise.

But yeah you are right, who knows what the future holds smile.gif

Its much more fun to drive a slow car fast than it is to drive a fast car slow.

That statement might not make much sense to you know, but maybe later down the road in your automotive journey it may. smile.gif

Either way, congrats on the purchase!

Looks like a great starting point to learn accurate driving technique. smile.gif

celbii
  Posted: Mar 10 2014, 05:57 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 42,250

QUOTE (backalleyracer @ 6 hours, 53 minutes ago)
Its much more fun to drive a slow car fast than it is to drive a fast car slow.

That statement might not make much sense to you know, but maybe later down the road in your automotive journey it may. smile.gif

Either way, congrats on the purchase!

Looks like a great starting point to learn accurate driving technique. smile.gif

Oh it makes sense and i agree, its mainly the reason why most of my cars have been slower tongue.gif They are just as fun for me biggrin.gif If I really want to drive a turbo or fast n/a car I have access to them.

I am going to get new wheels once I sell the other car and finish getting all the parts gone, but I'll probably keep them as a spare set as they have pretty decent new tires that were put on in December. I've had a few people local wanting to buy them also lol.
Vile
Posted: Mar 10 2014, 07:59 AM

IDW's Furfag

QUOTE (celbii @ 2 hours, 1 minutes ago)
Oh it makes sense and i agree, its mainly the reason why most of my cars have been slower tongue.gif They are just as fun for me biggrin.gif If I really want to drive a turbo or fast n/a car I have access to them.

I am going to get new wheels once I sell the other car and finish getting all the parts gone, but I'll probably keep them as a spare set as they have pretty decent new tires that were put on in December. I've had a few people local wanting to buy them also lol.

Aww okay, no problem. Do you know specifically on which S5 FC's they're from?

I highly agree with backalley. I just bought an S5 FC last week and plan to keep it in its purest form. If that makes any sense to you guys.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
celbii
  Posted: Mar 10 2014, 11:09 AM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (Vile @ 3 hours, 10 minutes ago)
Aww okay, no problem. Do you know specifically on which S5 FC's they're from?

I highly agree with backalley. I just bought an S5 FC last week and plan to keep it in its purest form. If that makes any sense to you guys.

They are just the stock t2 wheels I believe. Actually mine are GTUs wheels so they are only 16x6 wide instead of the stock t2 wheels which are 16x7 iirc.
Vile
Posted: Mar 10 2014, 12:57 PM

IDW's Furfag

Gotcha thanks! Wish me luck on trying to find the wheels. I currently got the BBS ones from the vert FC'S which I really love but would like to go 16 or 17" instead of 15".

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
celbii
  Posted: Mar 15 2014, 08:43 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Stickers on the new car, and also put my brides in it, I am undecided on which steering wheel i want to use though, this one came with a momo apache wheel which is nice.
Also put the old one up for sale.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 720. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Vile
Posted: Mar 22 2014, 07:16 AM

IDW's Furfag

I like where this is going! Glad you're ditching the S4. Wish financial issues weren't a source of my problems with my S5... ughh.
kyonpalm
Posted: Mar 22 2014, 02:54 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (celbii @ Mar 15 2014, 11:43 PM)
Stickers on the new car, and also put my brides in it, I am undecided on which steering wheel i want to use though, this one came with a momo apache wheel which is nice.
Also put the old one up for sale.
https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...335391617_n.jpg

Holy shit, how did I miss this post? That thing looks absolutely stunning! I love it!
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
celbii
  Posted: May 5 2014, 07:59 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Just figured I'd post to say im still alive tongue.gif Car is doing good, haven't really done anything to it. Kinda strange to not have anything to do to a car, but also nice at the same time, saves $$$$. I did buy a T2 hood from a friend that needs paint and I need to pick it up sometime. Fixed a small fuel leak the other day. Waiting for my HID projector headlights to come in hopefully next week.

Probably wont be driving it as much now as its getting hotter, The car is running pure coolant and likes to get pretty hot if Its not moving, so hot weather + stuck in traffic or something would be bad.. Need to look into the E-fan setup to get it running more consistently. No A/c either tongue.gif

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2448 x 1836. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2448 x 1836. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image
backalleyracer
Posted: May 5 2014, 10:03 PM

IDW Goldmember

why is the car running on pure coolant?
celbii
  Posted: May 6 2014, 06:36 AM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (backalleyracer @ 8 hours, 32 minutes ago)
why is the car running on pure coolant?

Its running a poor mans evans coolant to prevent it from boiling out if it overheats.
Spaz
Posted: May 6 2014, 08:15 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Antifreeze doesn't work as a proper coolant by itself, and water doesn't have a proper operational temperature range without antifreeze; they work together, and both are necessary in the system.

Mix that fucker 50/50.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
celbii
  Posted: May 6 2014, 06:48 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Well its ment to operate as a waterless coolant, which I should have worded my update correctly instead of saying running pure coolant tongue.gif

I will probably play with my E-fan to get it to come on more often than change the coolant, I mean the guy tracked it on hot track days im assuming so its probably okay, I'm just concerned about getting stuck in traffic or something while driving it.
sideways
Posted: May 6 2014, 10:07 PM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Member No.: 1,355

I wouldn't worry about that either. Typically speaking clutch fans move more air than a large portion of electric fans (Ie for cooling, typically speaking, clutch fans are better than electric fans)- Keep in mind theyre typically a lot bigger, with a far more aggressive rake to their blades. If youre in traffic with a working clutch fan and youre overheating with it, youre going to overheat with an e-fan too. E-fans will free up a smidge of power, and clean up the engine bay- But I wouldn't do it because youre after better cooling- if that's what youre after, stick with the stocker.

This post has been edited by sideways on May 6 2014, 10:11 PM
celbii
  Posted: May 7 2014, 05:24 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Car already has an E-fan in it, it is temperature controlled to come on automatically, I just feel like it doesn't reliably come on all the time. I'll probably mess with it to see if I can get it to come on more often or just try to wire up a switch so I can just have it turned on while im driving.
backalleyracer
Posted: May 7 2014, 04:31 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (sideways @ Yesterday, 10:07 PM)
I wouldn't worry about that either. Typically speaking clutch fans move more air than a large portion of electric fans (Ie for cooling, typically speaking, clutch fans are better than electric fans)- Keep in mind theyre typically a lot bigger, with a far more aggressive rake to their blades. If youre in traffic with a working clutch fan and youre overheating with it, youre going to overheat with an e-fan too. E-fans will free up a smidge of power, and clean up the engine bay- But I wouldn't do it because youre after better cooling- if that's what youre after, stick with the stocker.

This...

FC Clutch fans pull way more cfm's than almost all e-fans do.
sideways
Posted: May 8 2014, 03:19 AM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Member No.: 1,355

QUOTE (celbii @ Yesterday, 6:24 AM)
Car already has an E-fan in it, it is temperature controlled to come on automatically, I just feel like it doesn't reliably come on all the time. I'll probably mess with it to see if I can get it to come on more often or just try to wire up a switch so I can just have it turned on while im driving.

Can I trouble you to elaborate more on what its doing? Does it seem to come on at inconsistent temps (Ie are you looking at your temp gauge going eerr, iitt SHOULD be on... but it isnt?), or something else? Are you using an aftermarket temp gauge (if so where is it located), or the stocker to gauge this by?

If yes (to the inconsistency)- It might not be a problem with your fan as much as it might be a problem with your thermostatic switch. Def try wiring it up directly to a switch and see how that works. You could also very VERY easily wire it up to a small LED light, so you know 100% when its coming on.

Its worth pointing out that an e-fan should pretty much *only* come on when youre in traffic, or moving very slowly. For MOST cars, past about 15 mph- fans do nothing. It really doesnt matter what speed youre going at, be it 50 mph or 150, air doesnt really go through your radiator much faster than this- So anything "above" this speed, is about as much air as your going to get through your radiator, period- If that makes sense lol. If your fan is coming on at other times, theres something wrong with your cooling system.
celbii
  Posted: Jun 3 2015, 07:23 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Small Update since I haven't posted in quite a while. I have paid for some new goodies finally to keep with the redsuns theme, hopefully they will ship out soon and not get damaged in shipping from across the pond... I'll post up another update when I get those.

I Don't drive the car very often, its fun but kind of a pain to drive around town lol, no a/c, no power steering, light fly wheel, very notchy short shifter, solid mounts etc. So It only gets out a few days a month, the rest of the time it just sleeps in a garage lol. But thats why we have the TL and wrx to DD lol.

The temp controller that turns the efan on and off died on me, at the same time my temp gauge started acting up, so there was a few times the car got a little warm and I didn't realize it( no overheating but warmer than it should be) Once I found out the Efan wasn't turning on I bought the E fan switch to wire it up to turn on manually rather than drop more money to replace the whole T-stat controller. Ran new wires from the efan all the way into the cabin and took a dremel and cut out one of the button caps on the center console to fit the switch in so it would have a clean look, and be easily accessible. While not as nice as having the fan come on automatically, I just keep an eye on temps as I always did anyways and I almost never turn the E-fan on unless im stopped for a bit. I like how it turned out
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 768 x 1024. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

The temp gauge has been acting funky for quite some time, it would read but the range would be completely wrong, it would barely move but I could tell when the car was heated up when the needle was slightly above the 100 Degree mark. Tried all sorts of stuff, replacing the sensor, getting a new gauge, nothing worked. Ended up being the wiring from the owner before the P/O, he tapped the aftermarket gauge into the stock temp gauge and it started causing issues, so Just redid all the wiring and left the stock temp gauge(Which never worked anyways the way he had it set up) and the old gauge worked perfectly fine again. Just gave the new one to my dad.

I bought some HID projectors in a group buy on rx7club, took a while to get them but they are nice and for the most part everything was plug and play, way better than the stock headlights, but I wish I went 1k lower on the color, they are a little more blue than I like.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3264 x 2448. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3264 x 2448. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 768. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

I bought a T2 hood here locally, nice shape, one small crack on the scoop but not really noticeable, needed paint. I liked it, I think the car would look alot better with the T2 hood but I ended up selling it. I didn't want to deal with getting it paint matched to whatever color the car is and I would also have needed to block off the scoop inside for rain. I just decided to put the stock hood back on. Neat while it lasted.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 768. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Funny story though, I sold the stock hood to a guy who ended up owning my old FC from the start of this thread. I had been hearing from people that they have been sighting a redsuns fc and I'm always like its not me, im never out lol. Turns out the kid I sold the fc to traded it to another guy for his 240 and he put redsuns stickers back on it (Just the rear ones though). Noticed as soon as we went to put the hood on and saw my home depot 5th and 6th ports activator, which he had no idea what it was and said he just opens and closes it, so I explained to him the purpose of it and showed him how to adjust it so his Aux ports would open correctly lol. Heres a pic of my old fc driving away with my turbo hood.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1023 x 767. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

And thats all I can think of for now, Will update again when I get my stuff in hopefully all intact, should be a pretty good update.
celbii
  Posted: Jun 11 2015, 07:16 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Heres my next big update for a while:
New wheels!!
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1836 x 2448. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

It took a long time searching to find these wheels since they don't pop up for sale very often, maybe one or two times a year. Granted you can find them much easier in japan. I messaged alot of people who had posted them for sale within the last 4 years in the size and offset I wanted and got a few messages back, mostly people saying they sold them or they weren't for sale anymore. I had one guy email me back located all the way in Latvia Europe who still had his for sale! Freshly refinished and posted for sale over 3 years ago they have just sat in his storage ever since then. After some emailing back and forth I ended up getting them for $1200 shipped from Europe(got here in 4 days), not bad for hard to find refinished wheels with the complete center caps and even the cap wrench to go with them! (They do need the wheel spoke decal and the center cap needs to be cleaned up, the rays should be a shiny gold on them not black LOL)

Rays Mazdaspeed MS-01's Lemans style! 17x8 +34 and 17x9 +35 . Similar to the ms01's in the show but these are two piece with the gold centers. ( PS if anyone is ever searching for these, I did find a guy on ziliva with a set same size/offset but they are in way worse shape and he is firm(and crazy) at $1500 shipped on them. )

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I love how these look and fit on FC's heres a pic ive found of them on a white fc(not my car)
user posted image

I have a set of Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position 225/45/17 and 255/40/17 coming for them.

Also picked up some new lugnuts while I was at it, it was a difficult choice deciding what to get, between $150 rays and $25 gorilla lugs I settled with Mutekis sr35's as I have used them before with no issues at all. I know some people like to hate on them but I've read horror stories on every damn lug nut out there so these weren't too horrible at $60 shipped.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2448 x 3264. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

To go with my new wheels I decided to upgrade the suspension also. I went ahead and got a set of Fortune Auto 500's with swift spring upgrades on order to replace the Kyb/agx + racing beat springs front and Re Amemiya coilover rears. Got about $300 off retail on them so that's nice, sucks they take 3-4 weeks to build and ship out though.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 532. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Thats all for now, probably my last update for quite a while other than pics when I get the wheels on and coilovers on. Thanks for reading!

This post has been edited by celbii on Jun 11 2015, 07:17 PM
Rudy
Posted: Jun 11 2015, 10:48 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Takumi Trueno
Posted: Jun 11 2015, 11:23 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,098

Very nice. I thought about going with the gold centers but I will definitely go silver with the show. I look forward to seeing more of your build.
celbii
  Posted: Jun 13 2015, 09:28 AM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (Rudy @ Jun 11 2015, 10:48 PM)
Nice find on the wheels, all you have to do is have the centers powder coated silver and it'll be a perfect match to Ryousuke's car. happy.gif

Yeah I got pretty lucky all things considered, still can't believe I got such a nice set for the price since these are hard to come by. Since they are refinished I'll probably rock the gold for a while, don't want to put any more money into them than I have at the moment, probably will change the color down the line sometime though.

QUOTE (Takumi Trueno @ Jun 11 2015, 11:23 PM)
Very nice. I thought about going with the gold centers but I will definitely go silver with the show. I look forward to seeing more of your build.

Thanks smile.gif Yeah at least being two piece its not too bad to change the color if I want to so thats nice haha.

Small update on the wheels, they where refinished but the centers still had ab out 22yrs of oxidation and grime on them so I picked up some mothers mag and alum polish and went to town on them. Took me about an hour and half to do the 4 rays logos in the center but it was worth it. Heres the before and after.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2448 x 3264. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1836 x 2448. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2937 x 2203. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

backalleyracer
Posted: Jun 14 2015, 12:45 AM

IDW Goldmember

fucking nice!

With the centercaps too - great purchase!
Spaz
Posted: Jun 14 2015, 05:53 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Rays FTW.

Seriously, I love their center caps, none of this cheap plastic crap that everyone else uses. My Volk caps are aluminum and CF, worth every penny of the $75 for each one. And they always nail down the fitment so there's no worry about them coming off on the track.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums

6 Pages  « 3 4 5 6