Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Symbol - Forever Young

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,480  ·  Replies: 10 
> Ver. Differences, Discuss the difference on v4, v5, v6
DriftingVG
  Posted: Sep 3 2011, 02:58 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,823

Hi guys this its my first post here, I was just wondering what the differences are between thee games . I haven't played id since ver.3 so I'm trying to figure out what has changed .

General car info would be great, track info, weather anything you guys can think of.

Thx
SonicSP
Posted: Sep 3 2011, 04:13 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

Main difference is in physics and playing style I guess, as well as new tracks in each game. The physics mainly differentiate the games from each other. Also you can now have up to three cars per card.

ID4 is just slippery I guess. I personally never played the real one, only the Extreme Stage port. Myogi is redesigned to real life version and Tsukuba is added. Usui, Akina Snow, Shomaru areremoved.

ID5 is quite stable and has a very absolute tire management system so to speak. I think this is the hardest to initiate drifts relatively speaking, but not that hard once you know how. I think lining is very very important in this one relatively. You can't just floor it like there's no tomorrow, you must preserve tires as best as possible to be fast. Kinda like in the manga/anime where not preserving your tires slows you down. Nagao (where Takumi rematched Kogashiwa Kai) is added. Cannot remember what cars were the new ones.

ID6 is even more drift oriented than ID5 was but the way the drift is integrated into the gameplay is very different (and easier) I guess. Tire management system is far more weakened while being fast is more about drifting to get boost rather than managing boost by managing your tires. Has online play for those in some Asian countries (Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, HK, China, Korea and Taiwan are some examples). Real life-based redesigned Usui is added but it's still made as a closed looping 2-lap course. Tsubaki Line (where Project D fought Team Spiral Zero if I'm not wrong) is a new course that is added while Akina Snow from Stage 3 is returned in 1.1B. New cars are Mitsubishi Lan Evo X, Nissan Fairlady Z, Honda NSX released from the start. Bonus cars were added later, with the Toyota FT-86 G-Sport Concept in 1.1A and Nissan GTR (R35) in the more recent 1.1C update.

The differences are hard to explain fully but they are very very different games from each other. Each is like it's own game that's very different from the other two. I don't think I covered everything, so maybe others can explain it better.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Sep 3 2011, 04:51 PM
CaleX
Posted: Sep 3 2011, 07:09 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 32,651

Version 4 -

Soap physics,
quite a load of cars removed from id3 (eg. Celica, FD Spirit R, ER34),
tracks added and removed (You now have Lake Akina, Myogi (a proper but wide one), Akagi, Akina, Irohazaka, and Tsukuba (new course for version 4))

Version 5 -

Sandpaper physics, tyre management matters alot in this version now.
FD Spirit R returns in this version, MR-S, Supra is added.
Happogahara and Nagao is added in this version.

Version 6 -

A combination of both, reasonably easy to slide. Tyre management still plays a part, although less significant.
Evo 10, NSX, 350Z is added. FT-86 Concept car and the R35 are added as Extra cars.
Tsubaki Line is added in this version.
SonicSP
Posted: Sep 4 2011, 09:50 PM

Nagao Fanboy

^I thought Happo was in 4 as well? Meh maybe I'm wrong.

Also, I thought the RX-7 Type RS was in ID5 instead of the RX-7 Sprit R? confused2.gif The Spirit R was the last RX-7 produced right?

=======

Drifting definitely plays a more important role in 4-6 since I think you can only slide in 3.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Sep 4 2011, 09:52 PM
venth85
Posted: Sep 4 2011, 10:31 PM

Hello again~~

Member No.: 21,309

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 41 minutes, 28 seconds ago)

Also, I thought the RX-7 Type RS was in ID5 instead of the RX-7 Sprit R? confused2.gif The Spirit R was the last RX-7 produced right?

=======

Drifting definitely plays a more important role in 4-6 since I think you can only slide in 3.

it was RX-7 Type RS in previous ver.4/5, Spirit R and Type RS is different, Spirit R is the last ver. of FD and has the "R" badge at the side while Type RS doesn't have it
CaleX
Posted: Sep 4 2011, 11:28 PM

IDW Regular Member

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 1 hour, 38 minutes ago)

=======

Happo is included in Extreme Stage, but it wasn't in V4.

My bad, clumped Spirit R and RS together facepalm.gif
DriftingVG
  Posted: Sep 5 2011, 02:05 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 37,823

QUOTE (venth85 @ 3 hours, 33 minutes ago)
it was RX-7 Type RS in previous ver.4/5, Spirit R and Type RS is different, Spirit R is the last ver. of FD and has the "R" badge at the side while Type RS doesn't have it

I'll probably stock tip just one type of fd. I played a lot with the cappuccino, so I'll get that for sure

I'll start with v4 for now and maybe get an evo or skyline, what do you guys think

Evo vs skyline question

I play all maps but I like happo, akagi, iro
yakiniku
Posted: Sep 6 2011, 10:12 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 36,472

I don't know about 4 since it kinda just came out and died down immediately and got replaced by 5.

However, for 6, Cappuccino is really really really weak both in TA and Battle. The timings on ID6AA's ranking site is a good telltale sign for people to avoid picking that car.

Somehow, in ID6, course car effects aren't as great as ID5 and most of the top TA timings are done by cars like AE86 and NA6CE...
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Sep 6 2011, 11:04 AM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

ID4 actually lasted around two years before ID5 was launched. There were two versions of ID4: 1.2 and 1.5 (The Japanese machines' 1.5 was also referred to as ID4K/Kai).

1.2 IMO had more emphasis on using an in-in-in line and turning early so that you avoid hitting the outside wall when the sudden understeer kicked in while turning. Meanwhile, 1.5 emphasized braking early and sufficiently enough to avoid that nasty whiplashy-oversteer when your car is close to the apex of most corners (usually hairpins). The oversteer would kick in if your cornering speed is too fast, usually because you braked a bit too late.

Both 1.2 and 1.5 had acceleration penalties when the understeer or oversteer kicked in. At least with 1.2, penalty cancel (quick tap brake, tap gas with a straight steering wheel) was the solution.

For me personally, I preferred v1.5 in ID4 rather than v1.2. Most of the time, I was unable to PC properly at the corner's exit, like tapping the brake and tapping the gas while the wheel was not completely straight.

And the tuning system in ID4 was a complete drag. Imagine having to eject your card after every single play. Since every card had a 150-play life cycle... and the internal tuning shop appeared only once every six plays, you would have to renew once (Error 403, anyone?) before FT-ing one car. Definitely not like in ID6 wherein the internal tuning shop appears as soon as you have enough tuning points to purchase at least the cheapest of the internal upgrades that will be shown.

ID4 introduced the following:
--IC card system, replacing the v1-v3 style cards
--Three cars on one card
--Shifter in a more realistic position
--The ability to toggle difficulty settings in LOTS (from 0-10, one level unlocked per cycle cleared)

One thing I hated most in ID4 was that, unless you're playing the Japanese ID4K machines, you're stuck with the default BGMs per track. I would have loved to use "All Around" for every day race and "Forever Young" for every night race. <.<

Well, at least, the non-Japan ID4 machines still used English. So, no excuses there.

This post has been edited by brian_infinispirit on Sep 6 2011, 11:14 AM
SonicSP
Posted: Sep 6 2011, 08:39 PM

Nagao Fanboy

^I think they're just lazy and think it's not worth the effort anymore. At least they make an effort to keep some ID.net pages english, like the ranking for example. I say that's enough and we can adapt to the game for now (not that I would't mind a full English version). I do miss English words for the courses in ID5 though I guess I've adapted to the course kanji fairly well considering I don't know Japanese or any of the Chinese languages.

Also, I dont think shift points have been mentioned yet. Shift points in ID4-6 are different the sense that you shift when your about to overrev rather than each car having a shift point for each gear somewhere on the tachometer. In addition, the user interface while driving has changed and the gears and speed are easier to see and are in bigger fonts. ID4-6 all use similar user interfaces from each other, though I think the Navigation Map changes quite a bit after each version.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Sep 7 2011, 12:26 AM
CaleX
Posted: Sep 7 2011, 12:25 AM

IDW Regular Member

QUOTE (brian_infinispirit @ Yesterday, 11:04 AM)
One thing I hated most in ID4 was that, unless you're playing the Japanese ID4K machines, you're stuck with the default BGMs per track. I would have loved to use "All Around" for every day race and "Forever Young" for every night race. <.<

Especially when you have to versus Bunta as the only way to listen to 'The Fire's on Me' crying2.gif

I thought this was normal, then I dropped by Sutera Mall (Johor) which had 2 V4 Kai machines.

I went user posted image