Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Mickey B. - Take Me Baby

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 22,646  ·  Replies: 61 
> Rbe30 rip
Spaz
Posted: Jun 20 2015, 05:46 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Horsepower does crazy things to bad drivers.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
lawler
  Posted: Jun 20 2015, 01:52 PM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,509

It was a over correct comming out of the courner.
he can drive and had a 310rwhp sr20det ae86 it just court him off gaurd at speed

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 20 2015, 02:07 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Sounds like yall need to call a waaaahmbulance.

Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Rudy
Posted: Jun 20 2015, 02:18 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
lawler
  Posted: Jun 20 2015, 10:27 PM

IDW Regular Member

Well gaurd, bumper and lower radiator mount is strait again. End of the drivers side rail required knocking back across 10mm with the back end of an axe.
Just need to wait on radiator to arrive latter in the week

Then it should be fixed and ready for nistune, rb26 injectors, z32 air flow meter and 18-20psi of boost 👌

This post has been edited by lawler on Jun 20 2015, 10:27 PM
lawler
  Posted: Jul 29 2015, 02:54 PM

IDW Regular Member

Bit of an update. Car didnt miss a beat for motorkhana so preped it to do matsuri. Ended up doing 3 drive shafts in the week leading up to it.
dropped the boost back to 14psi and put a brand new shaft and toke one as a spare and ran 14s on the rear and hoped for the best.

Started off realy well for the cars first drift day and my first time on the track in years. Then it rained just after lunch and i struggled with the lack of grip and ended up comming off 3rd gear over the hump into turn 1 and dameging the radiator, manged to get it fixed only to brake a drive shaft on the 2nd lap back out.

By then time i got the spare shaft in there was less than an hour to go, so i left it in the pits as i still had 120km drive to get home and it was only a 2nd hand shaft that went in

So upgrading and a few changes are planned on rear end

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 640. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 598. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 640. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 588. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by lawler on Jul 30 2015, 07:36 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 29 2015, 09:07 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Yo I think your front suspension is fucked. troll.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
lawler
  Posted: Jul 29 2015, 09:52 PM

IDW Regular Member

-4.5deg camber and 10deg caster will give that look lol
plans are being made to move strut mounts to reduce them in the near future along with some plans for rear end

Spaz
Posted: Jul 30 2015, 09:05 AM

Group Icon

Damn, I bet the front digs like crazy set up like that.
lawler
  Posted: Jul 30 2015, 02:29 PM

IDW Regular Member

Its steer realy well and turns in awsome and hides the weight of the engine realy well. but as with anything it can be improved. Plan is about -3.5 camber and 9 deg caster should be better.

Plan is redrill strut top out to allow less camber and slot hole forward so i can reduce castor

Rear plans are 4340 cv ans shafts, e36 rear cover/mount which has two mounts unlike e30s that only have a single offset mount, raise diff 10mm to reduce cv angle and raise inner trailing arm 15mm to reduce camber and move it back 3mm to allow more toe in to be ran

Also remake bottem radiator brakets and maybe some front flares

And just for a laugh for everyone

user posted image

lawler
  Posted: Aug 11 2015, 10:54 PM

IDW Regular Member

Finaly got around to getting it tunned. Sadly the ebay spec split dump pipe and not that good of front pipe thats on it held it back up top so was left at only 17psi of boost. Mid range and responces is realy good.

This is the 15psi and 17psi final run layed over each other and you can see where it starts choocking it

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 720. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by lawler on Aug 11 2015, 10:54 PM
Spaz
Posted: Aug 12 2015, 09:12 AM

Group Icon

Still not bad numbers at all, and I really like that torque curve. That has to feel pretty consistent rolling into it from any rpm.
lawler
  Posted: Aug 13 2015, 11:53 AM

IDW Regular Member

Yeah power delivery is awsome. The extra time he spent down low and in the mid range realy show when driving it aswell

Just need to get use to how hard it comes on. Only running some federal 596 ss on the rear at the momment and it and rolls on in 2nd

Spaz
Posted: Aug 13 2015, 12:10 PM

Group Icon

Gotta get those RSRs if you're sticking with Federal!
lawler
  Posted: Aug 13 2015, 12:44 PM

IDW Regular Member

Plan for now is stick to low grip and just do drift days and motorkhanss until all the driveline and brakes upgrades are done. Then ill get another set of bbs reps exepted stagered this time so i have another matched pair for the rear for skids and a less agressive pair to put some falken 615k on the rear for hill climbs and grip stuff

Spaz
Posted: Aug 14 2015, 08:25 AM

Group Icon

Yuck, I hated the 615Ks. I swapped wheels with a buddy when my VIII had a blown HG and after a couple hundred miles wanted to shoot myself. They were pretty heat cycled, but I've driven on other tires that have been heat cycled out (like the Z1*s that came on my Volks) and they were fine. The Falkens were anything but.
lawler
  Posted: Aug 14 2015, 11:28 AM

IDW Regular Member

So far they seem to be going well for me and i rate them higher than r1r and rsr ive used befor. Ill still like to go ku36s but sadly my weird size ment theres was none in australia when i ordered my front pair

But they feel alot like ku36 with there grip consistency from cold to hot and weather its wet or dry.
Where as basicly every other good performance tyre ive used has eather struggled when cold or on wet roads

This post has been edited by lawler on Aug 14 2015, 02:25 PM
lawler
  Posted: Aug 16 2015, 04:16 AM

IDW Regular Member

Had abit of spare time today so i added a heat shield to brake master and made up simple bonnet vent

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3264 x 1836. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2678 x 1173. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3264 x 1836. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

lawler
  Posted: Aug 24 2015, 01:47 AM

IDW Regular Member

Well as of today its back off the road so i can redo the rear end. Hopfully even less camber, less flex and stronger afterwards.

But did a motorkhana yesterday so heres in cab of one of the runs. Ill upload a few more onto my chanel once i get some spare time

https://youtu.be/amMeTqW9Lzo

This post has been edited by lawler on Aug 24 2015, 12:14 PM
lawler
  Posted: Sep 5 2015, 02:34 AM

IDW Regular Member

Finaly stopped being lazy and installed some carpet into the car and applied a coat of spray on sound deadner in rear and pulled the rear end out and started modding it today

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

lawler
  Posted: Oct 26 2015, 11:55 AM

IDW Regular Member

Bit of an update. Had more problems with braking cv so put the car on hold for abit and only just got back into it.
Ended up reducing camber, bracing diff, raising diff and car and making up some 5mm cv spacers

Will post so photos latter but hopping to give the car a good shack down in about 4 weeks and fingers crossed its right now

Spaz
Posted: Oct 27 2015, 09:18 AM

Group Icon

Too much horsetorques! laugh2.gif

Hope the shakedown goes well.
lawler
  Posted: Oct 27 2015, 11:38 AM

IDW Regular Member

Haha i wish.
I also moved front strut mount out 10mm and forwards 10mm to reduces camber and caster

user posted image

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1836 x 3264. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1836 x 3264. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Spaz
Posted: Oct 27 2015, 12:15 PM

Group Icon

Nice, trying to drive cars with tons of caster at the limit sucks. I love the heavy feel and near-center resistance that I get from the Evo with the caster in the mid 3 range.

I presume you'll be reinforcing the strut tower then too?
lawler
  Posted: Oct 27 2015, 01:02 PM

IDW Regular Member

Yeah after its been on the aligner to double check it.
But just basic for now. Engine and box need to come out over christmas/new years for a couple of seals to be replaced and engine bay will be braced and seam welded then as a few seams are showing signs of fatigue

3 Pages  1 2 3