Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Entry (Maxi2 Version)

Important Rules
NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 4,790  ·  Replies: 41 
> do u guys have rules at ur arcade, i do ahahha
anDru
  Posted: Dec 4 2004, 07:20 PM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,526

i no theres no official rules but we have rules everyone has to follow at our arcades.

on V2 ur not allowed to use Integra (got so serious once they insisted that the guy get off the machine and leave his card there)

no boost...other wise the person who forgot has to lose.

u aint allowed to plai by ur self untill everyone who wants to challange the person currently playing, finishes.

i think thats it......wat about u guys...they dun have to be rules...just....things u guys dont wanna see at ur arcades
Kerxn
Posted: Dec 4 2004, 07:40 PM

now clean your screen

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,880

what if it's a noob? or if you buy a new car?

Boost is more fair, it's used in OFFICIAL tournaments, at least most of em

No integra? Why are you not allowed to go with your own likes?

Dang, those rules are ridiculous...

We in our arcade, don't have any rules
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Saint22
Posted: Dec 4 2004, 07:46 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 4,276

In our arcade is if someone is in line and you lose u hav to giv up ur seat.....the other rule is if u lose a battle u hav to giv up ur seat. otherwise there really arent ne...

Its kool when there is no one playing cuz u can hav the whole thing to urself grin2.gif

only problem about playing now is the F*CKING accelerators are messed up on both machines crying2.gif wasted 5 bucks for no damn reason cuz of that
R-icoche-T
Posted: Dec 4 2004, 08:15 PM

RCubed Designs

Member No.: 907

2 Game Limit, then you get off and line up agen.
anDru
  Posted: Dec 4 2004, 08:18 PM

IDW Full Member

the rules i mentioned kinda only apply to the real serious ppl...i mean if a 12 year old kid came up we wouldnt expect him to plai by em.

In our arcade is if someone is in line and you lose u hav to giv up ur seat.....the other rule is if u lose a battle u hav to giv up ur seat. otherwise there really arent ne...

those rules apply to...if u lose u get off.

Boost is more fair, it's used in OFFICIAL tournaments, at least most of em

uhhh...its not fair...its might be more fun..but it aint fair...ive beatin ppl by 900m but with boost they seem to be only 20m behind...if i stuffed up just a lil he could over take me easi...and we all no he cant drive for shit. in my opinion if u wanna have fun and stuff...sure have boost...but some ppl just wanna plai only with skill.

No integra? Why are you not allowed to go with your own likes?

u can use integra...but u aint allowed to battle....its just hated by everyone at my arcade...no one stops u from battling...but if u do...u gotta lose.
cappuccino_driver
Posted: Dec 4 2004, 09:10 PM

Big West Champions

Member No.: 4,366

QUOTE (anDru @ Dec 4 2004, 08:18 PM)

those rules apply to...if u lose u get off.

same here
Möbius
Posted: Dec 4 2004, 10:03 PM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

No rules, and that's the way it should be.
cappuccino_driver
Posted: Dec 4 2004, 10:27 PM

Big West Champions

Member No.: 4,366

ya......
Gabriel
Posted: Dec 4 2004, 10:39 PM

IDW Veteran Member

Member No.: 2,727

Your arcade rules suck!

We really only have one rule and that's after you race you get up and let the person waiting in line play, then after he races he gets up and lets the next person in line play etc. Also, if you loose in a battle you have to let the next person in line play.
anDru
  Posted: Dec 4 2004, 10:59 PM

IDW Full Member

they aint my arcades rules...they just the rules of the people who take the game seriously. i guess they want u to no if u wanan plai em...thats how they plai...lol

game flow is quicker newai
Knee Grow
Posted: Dec 4 2004, 11:18 PM

Better than you, in so many ways...

Member No.: 1,869

If you can't use DC2 at youru arcade, what's the point of having one in your sig? Anyway.....restricting people using certain cars is fuc.king retarded.
anDru
  Posted: Dec 5 2004, 12:42 AM

IDW Full Member

If you can't use DC2 at youru arcade, what's the point of having one in your sig

ahahahhah...wtf does that mean???...so wat if i have it in my sig....dun mean shit
i dont like integras cuz its an unfair matchup.....but i like the integra in general.

i dont hate it...i just dun like the fact taht its that much better then every other car.

integra was my 1st car...so i cant exactly throw it away...since ive worked so hard on it...but after finding out just how unfair it was...i never use it unless against another dc2

i was bored so i decided to make a picture of the cars i use in the game

no biggie man.... grin2.gif

This post has been edited by anDru on Dec 5 2004, 12:45 AM
Taiki
Posted: Dec 5 2004, 01:21 AM

Chor Lau Heung

Member No.: 1,711

I OWN!
Knee Grow
Posted: Dec 5 2004, 01:57 AM

Better than you, in so many ways...

Member No.: 1,869

Better than any other car in the game huh? Tell that to those poor saps who I owned on MYogi, Usui, Akagi UH and Iro Rev with my GDB! In the hands of a n00b, it's just another car!
Posted: Dec 5 2004, 02:33 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,188

No rules at all. That means staying on the seat for ten races. Even if there is a person waiting (guilty for it innocent2.gif innocent2.gif )
anDru
  Posted: Dec 5 2004, 04:29 AM

IDW Full Member

in the hands of a n00b, it's just another car!

i agree with u there...but u no with out a doubt the dc2 is dat better. if u get 2 equal players and one uses a dc2...u no whos gonna win. of course skill beats any car but with a dc2.....u only need a certain amount to even beat the good players.

ive betin dc2's with a freakin 85 stock wen im bored...but wen u face the odd dc2 racer who knows the game inside out...his unbeatable, even if ur equal to him...u dun stand a chance.

put simply.......u put 2 equal players together...dc2 racer gonna win

This post has been edited by anDru on Dec 5 2004, 04:29 AM
xxiceBoixx
Posted: Dec 5 2004, 12:30 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 4,133

Over here in Houston like Boost has to be off unless ur a NOOB....um and the line stuff too.....For the serious guys no home course...yep i think thats it... wink2.gif
[ Mizerok ]
Posted: Dec 5 2004, 03:57 PM

I Fabrikat w3rDs!!!

Member No.: 1,237

Alright, here's the deal with the ITR. Have you heard of a car ever being FASTER then you? All of the cars in the game are not the same speed, nor do they handle as well as some other cars do. Me, playing with a DC2 since day one, I know the faults that the DC2 has, and I make damn sure to cover myself out of corners and take turns the way they should be taken against a certain car. I have been refused the Grand Prize at a recent tourney due to the fact that I was playing with an ITR. I won the tourney without a single lose, because I was better at the game then anyone else that day was. Isn't that winning though? Being better? What's wrong with using something that is going to make you faster? Nothing, unless being better at a game is not what you are going for, and losing all the time makes you feel like a winner.

Not being able to use a certain car, no matter what it is, is rediculous. I ran into another person though, a week after that tournament, that I beat by hundreds of meters, only for him to challenge me again and him leave Boost on. I told him that it wouldn't matter, and he told me that it would, that with Boost he would just hand out behind me and wait for later to pass me at insane speeds. I already knew that, it's old news people, it won't work on me. I beat him by over 200 meters that race, when he left my mirror the first time I never saw him again. It was me in an ITR versus him in an EK9 on Happo IB...I cut my lights and raced like that. I know the course like no one else, I can do it without looking, can he though? Especially without knowing how far away from me he was?

Not possible, for him atleast. So I told him that I would change cars, that it still wouldn't matter. Then I took at an FT Capp. and he wanted to race on Akagi DH with an FT FD, sure...whatever. I still WON! Hahaha, what a hardass. He got me off the line, duh...but within the first three turns I used the superior handling of the Capp. to rubber-band past him and continue accelerating through the turns that he was being forced to brake in. This loss shook him, he stood up and told me, finally, that I was better then him. I did the stuck-up thing and told him that I knew that I was better the instant that he sat down and acted like he was better. I am known for being who I am for a reason, other people don't lie about my skills, why should I?
anDru
  Posted: Dec 5 2004, 04:28 PM

IDW Full Member

Me, playing with a DC2 since day one, I know the faults that the DC2 has, and I make damn sure to cover myself out of corners and take turns the way they should be taken against a certain car. I have been refused the Grand Prize at a recent tourney due to the fact that I was playing with an ITR. I won the tourney without a single lose, because I was better at the game then anyone else that day was. Isn't that winning though? Being better? What's wrong with using something that is going to make you faster?

man i no wat u mean seriously i do. My dc2 was infact my 1st car since the jap ver of v2 came out. i got bored of it so i started on my fd.

dat moron who u beat with a capp on akagi....against a fd should be slaped in the face i rkn. i got ppl like dat at my arcade....they act so good because i use a dc2 but they dont understand without good skill as maniak said
in the hands of a n00b, it's just another car!

i guess its just some rule around friends who wanna plai fair....dats all
Taiki
Posted: Dec 6 2004, 05:29 AM

Chor Lau Heung

Member No.: 1,711

like i been telling everyone since i got here. u dont just become a pro if u drive a dc2... there are skills required to drive one. if not... why dont u vs me with a dc2 and see if u can beat me. simply the answer is NO!

matsu about that tourney not giving u a prize it a load of crap. u busted ur ars and spent ur money to learn how to use and full tune ur dc2 and yet they turning their cheeks and saying no to u? DU MA... if it was me i'll raise havoc at that arcade and scare off their customers.
Elite
Posted: Dec 6 2004, 03:36 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,744

QUOTE ([ m a t s u ] @ Dec 5 2004, 03:57 PM)
Alright, here's the deal with the ITR. Have you heard of a car ever being FASTER then you? All of the cars in the game are not the same speed, nor do they handle as well as some other cars do. Me, playing with a DC2 since day one, I know the faults that the DC2 has, and I make damn sure to cover myself out of corners and take turns the way they should be taken against a certain car. I have been refused the Grand Prize at a recent tourney due to the fact that I was playing with an ITR. I won the tourney without a single lose, because I was better at the game then anyone else that day was. Isn't that winning though? Being better? What's wrong with using something that is going to make you faster? Nothing, unless being better at a game is not what you are going for, and losing all the time makes you feel like a winner.

Not being able to use a certain car, no matter what it is, is rediculous. I ran into another person though, a week after that tournament, that I beat by hundreds of meters, only for him to challenge me again and him leave Boost on. I told him that it wouldn't matter, and he told me that it would, that with Boost he would just hand out behind me and wait for later to pass me at insane speeds. I already knew that, it's old news people, it won't work on me. I beat him by over 200 meters that race, when he left my mirror the first time I never saw him again. It was me in an ITR versus him in an EK9 on Happo IB...I cut my lights and raced like that. I know the course like no one else, I can do it without looking, can he though? Especially without knowing how far away from me he was?

Not possible, for him atleast. So I told him that I would change cars, that it still wouldn't matter. Then I took at an FT Capp. and he wanted to race on Akagi DH with an FT FD, sure...whatever. I still WON! Hahaha, what a hardass. He got me off the line, duh...but within the first three turns I used the superior handling of the Capp. to rubber-band past him and continue accelerating through the turns that he was being forced to brake in. This loss shook him, he stood up and told me, finally, that I was better then him. I did the stuck-up thing and told him that I knew that I was better the instant that he sat down and acted like he was better. I am known for being who I am for a reason, other people don't lie about my skills, why should I?

I agree! hahaha he lost to you with a FT FD on Akagi. Good Job!
ne0nblakk
Posted: Dec 14 2004, 08:14 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 4,424

We have some simple unspoken rules. Just the basic stuff. If you lose a battle, give up your seat. MOST people won't play more than one game if somebody is waiting, but there are the some that just sit there and play over and over until they're done or someone tells them to move. About the whole DC2 thing. I also started out with a DC2 and still race it today. There are some valid points to the anti-DC2 thing, but I think it's pretty bogus. Yeah, the DC2 is a great car, especially for beginners. There is, however, a difference between a newb using an easy car and beating a better racer, and somebody that actually spends a lot of time perfecting the DC2. It's also not the best for every course. I'd say RX7's dominate up to akagi at least. Oh, and I have to say that boost off is the only way to play. grin2.gif
Möbius
Posted: Dec 14 2004, 10:14 AM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

The problem with "if you lose you give up your seat rule" is people who track-whore...

It doesn't give you a chance to get back at them... wink2.gif
[ Mizerok ]
Posted: Dec 14 2004, 11:11 AM

I Fabrikat w3rDs!!!

Member No.: 1,237

QUOTE (Project.A_Elite @ Dec 6 2004, 07:36 PM)
QUOTE ([ m a t s u )
,Dec 5 2004, 03:57 PM] Alright, here's the deal with the ITR. Have you heard of a car ever being FASTER then you? All of the cars in the game are not the same speed, nor do they handle as well as some other cars do. Me, playing with a DC2 since day one, I know the faults that the DC2 has, and I make damn sure to cover myself out of corners and take turns the way they should be taken against a certain car. I have been refused the Grand Prize at a recent tourney due to the fact that I was playing with an ITR. I won the tourney without a single lose, because I was better at the game then anyone else that day was. Isn't that winning though? Being better? What's wrong with using something that is going to make you faster? Nothing, unless being better at a game is not what you are going for, and losing all the time makes you feel like a winner.

I agree! hahaha he lost to you with a FT FD on Akagi. Good Job!

Yeah I know!!! Hahahaha, what a sucker.
Sobær
Posted: Dec 14 2004, 11:17 AM

x.a Sobær Design.x

Member No.: 1,241

Wow. Okay, I don't usually come around here, but I was bored, and read that, and wow. That guy must feel dumb.

So I take it you did win that tournement some jerk was trying to ban you from?

2 Pages  1 2