Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Ace Warrior - 24 Hours A Day With You

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 19,801  ·  Replies: 35 
> New Macross Anime Announced, Announced after finale of Macross Frontier rerun
kyonpalm
  Posted: Mar 26 2014, 10:21 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3264 x 2448. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

QUOTE (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-03-26/macross-science-fiction-anime-franchise-gets-new-tv-series)
The Kanto-area rerun of the Macross Frontier television anime ended on Wednesday with a teaser that a new Macross television series is launching. The announcement provided no further details on the new project in the 32-year-old science-fiction franchise.

The franchise began in 1982 with The Super Dimension Fortress Macross, a television anime series with themes of space warfare, a love triangle, and transforming fighter planes. It spawned two more television series (Macross 7 and Macross Frontier), several theatrical films (starting with The Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love?), and several video series (including Macross II, Macross Plus, Macross Dynamite 7, and Macross Zero).

Sounds interesting. Will await more news and post here as it comes.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 26 2014, 06:22 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

I can only hope for a proper adaptation of Macross Flashback 2012. A series that fills the void between the music video and Macross Plus.

I'd just plain love that.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
BOZZ
Posted: Aug 8 2014, 12:14 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

Has anyone else heard any news about this upcoming Macross project?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 8 2014, 08:15 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (BOZZ @ Today, 1:14 AM)
Has anyone else heard any news about this upcoming Macross project?

I feel like I'm repeating myself here...in fact, I have a SUPER strong sense of deja vu... but I'll say it anyway.

If we did, it would have been posted. laugh2.gif
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 11 2015, 07:01 PM

So the most recent news I read about the new Macross show was that it has a working title Macross Delta. Have any of you guys heard anything else about it?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 11 2015, 07:37 PM

ShiMACHaze

Negs, though as an interesting coincidence I have a friend named Delta who's a huge Macross fan (and likely where I would hear any news about it had I heard anything).
Tessou
Posted: Mar 11 2015, 11:17 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

There was an audition advertised for a program with the working title of Macross Delta back in December of last year. No news has surfaced since then.

The informative website is still active.
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 13 2015, 03:59 PM

I am surprised there hasn't been more news, isn't this new project supposed to be celebrating another Macross anniversary?
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 28 2015, 10:57 PM

First images and a teaser are out for the new project... Not really digging the character designs of the pilots though...

Macross Delta

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Oct 28 2015, 10:58 PM
xiao
Posted: Oct 28 2015, 11:22 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 23 minutes, 43 seconds ago)
First images and a teaser are out for the new project... Not really digging the character designs of the pilots though...

Macross Delta

Hrmm, kind of weird... looks like Kawamori's trying to cash in on the iM@S / LL! phenom; while at the same time trying to appeal to fujoshi with those overly uniform-clad male pilots.

Thanks for the update Bozz, but yeah, I definitely concur on the chara-designs~

...needs more Roy Focker. derp.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 29 2015, 10:31 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (xiao_la @ Today, 12:22 AM)
Hrmm, kind of weird... looks like Kawamori's trying to cash in on the iM@S / LL! phenom

You...do realize that Kawamori was the one behind AKB0048, right?
xiao
Posted: Oct 29 2015, 06:09 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 7 hours, 36 minutes ago)
You...do realize that Kawamori was the one behind AKB0048, right?

*splurts soda all over monitors* NANDATOOOOHH!!?? Σ(゜ロ゜;)

That's like finding out that Tomino was behind Morning Musume!! ...friggin' awesome man!!

In that case, I can't wait for Delta. ohmy.gif
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 31 2015, 12:38 AM

QUOTE (xiao_la @ Oct 29 2015, 10:09 PM)
*splurts soda all over monitors* NANDATOOOOHH!!?? Σ(゜ロ゜;)

That's like finding out that Tomino was behind Morning Musume!! ...friggin' awesome man!!

In that case, I can't wait for Delta. ohmy.gif

I think he's referring to the animated series (AKB0048) rather than the group that the series was based on (AKB48)...
xiao
Posted: Oct 31 2015, 01:43 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 1 hour, 3 minutes ago)
I think he's referring to the animated series (AKB0048) rather than the group that the series was based on (AKB48)...

Yeah, I made that realization shortly after I posted my comment, hahaha. XD

I still liked the animation a lot though, so I've gotten my hopes up for Delta now. The male pilots aren't to my tastes per se; but if I squint really hard I can just pretend I'm looking at Lelouch clones! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by xiao_la on Oct 31 2015, 01:45 AM
RalliKai
Posted: Oct 31 2015, 07:25 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

Mixed on the characters. I'm glad the YF-19 design is getting more love with the VF-31. The Sv-262 reminds me of the Saab Draken. cool.gif

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1000 x 563. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 750 x 524. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
BOZZ
Posted: Nov 5 2015, 10:25 PM

So after been completely turned off by that image of the Valkyria pilots of this series; I finally watched the trailer.

The impression I came away with after watching it is that it doesn't seem that bad, although it doesn't say much about the story, but at the same time I didn't come away from it being as excited and with high expectations as I was with Frontier and Zero.

I did think it was pretty cool that they showed some mecha that those giants in the original Macross usd to pilot, the one that looks like ball with legs, not sure if that was a flashback, nevertheless a cool inclusion.

I am still not really fond of the look of the pilots, although the main character (judging by him being the only male character that appears more than once in the trailer) looks a bit better IMHO.

I'll give the series a shot when it comes out, I am hoping that the story and characters are interesting. Although I don't have high hopes for this, I have a feeling I'll like it a whole lot more than Macross 7 (only Macross series I haven't watch in full besides the Macross 2 movie).

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Nov 5 2015, 10:28 PM
xiao
  Posted: Nov 6 2015, 12:47 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Mar 26 2014, 08:22 PM)
I can only hope for a proper adaptation of Macross Flashback 2012. A series that fills the void between the music video and Macross Plus.

I'd just plain love that.

Oh wow, how in the world did I miss this comment...

This, good sir, times 1000% sparking!!
BOZZ
Posted: Dec 14 2015, 11:55 PM

So there was a post over at ANN today showcasing the female idols of this series:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-...le-idols/.96509

I'm still not overly fond of some of the character designs, but I'll wait to see if the series turns out good as I've watched series where I hated the character designs and artwork (the original Kanon TV series is one of them) but ended up liking it in the end.
awdrifter
Posted: Dec 15 2015, 01:37 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 15,255

I was just watching the Macross F False Songstress movie today. The animation is still good even 6 years later, the music is just amazing. I hope this new series will live up to the standards set by Macross F.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Dec 15 2015, 08:25 AM

ShiMACHaze

We'll see. Sensation! mentioned that it's the third season of AKB0048, and I loved AKB0048 so I'm cool with that.

Too bad about the copyright mess preventing livestreaming. Kawamori really wants to stream Delta like Bandai does with Gundam, but the mess involving Harmony Gold has ruined that plan. Fascinating read over on Forbes:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/20...-never-credits/
BOZZ
Posted: Dec 16 2015, 07:37 PM

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 12:25 PM)
We'll see. Sensation! mentioned that it's the third season of AKB0048, and I loved AKB0048 so I'm cool with that.

Too bad about the copyright mess preventing livestreaming. Kawamori really wants to stream Delta like Bandai does with Gundam, but the mess involving Harmony Gold has ruined that plan. Fascinating read over on Forbes:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/20...-never-credits/

It's a shame, has anyone tried legal actions with regards to Harmony Gold's grip on Macross outside of Japan?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Dec 16 2015, 10:01 PM

ShiMACHaze

Only Big West could potentially do that and so far they haven't.
BOZZ
Posted: Dec 27 2015, 03:31 PM

That sucks, since there seems to be little chance of any future Macross games coming out here because of HG's hold of the property in the West.

New Macross Delta stuff:

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHnXed13gps )

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=15&v=GWC-FmK8vhI )

The second PV is kinda short (15 seconds), but the narrator sounds familiar.

Plus it looks like there are some brief profiles of the characters in Macross Delta (still not a fan of the pretty boy pilots):

Macross Delta - Character Profiles (Anime News Network)

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Dec 27 2015, 03:32 PM
RalliKai
Posted: Dec 30 2015, 05:52 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

Still not feeling alot of the character designs but overall, this is looking more interesting now.
Chidoki
Posted: Jan 3 2016, 08:10 PM

Fictional Compiler

Member No.: 3,699

I am a little surprised after all this talk about the Delta premier nobody has commented their thoughts of the preview episode (not calling it exactly 1st episode since the final 1st episode version will be a few scenes or order different like the Frontier Premier episode to final 1st episode but for the most part all the same.)

Aside from still having to wait until spring for the official premier, the episode itself is exactly what I expected to see when the series was announced, an idol group that fight with the mecha side by side, and the same action adrenaline I'd expect in a macross series. If anything that is surprising is the character designs of the bishonen group from the kingdom of wind in the series.

Since I've always been a Macross fan for as long as I can remember I am still just as excited to see the next episode.

2 Pages  1 2