Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing B-East - Super Eurobeat Presents Non Stop Re-Mix [Project.D Ver.]

Important Rules
Please READ this topic before starting a topic in this section. And remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

This section is on a basis of member-helping-member, no one is obligated to answer your questions.
People are taking their own time to answer your question(s), be thankful and appreciate helps from the others.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,424  ·  Replies: 12 
> Trouble in Tsukuba HELP!, PLZ tell me what im doing wrong IDAS4
DRIFTGEAR
  Posted: Jan 19 2009, 09:13 AM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,624

plz tell me what im doing wrong:confused2:. I drive a Suzuki Cappaccino AT and i usually play 3rd person view. I cant beat the EK9 in Tsukuba. I can block him until the long straightaway just before the checkpoint:(. Please give me help!
DigiBunny
Posted: Jan 19 2009, 02:04 PM

Reading is magic!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,700

Well The two letters "AT" give me a clue here. Honestly you're doing what I was doing when I first started playing the game, before I realized the automatic setting does nothing to help your speed control.

Against the EK9 you really have to use 4th gear for the entirety of the beginning. You lose too much speed if your automatic shifts up during a straight and stays up during a turn.
That, and you need to brake ALOT on the downhill segment. It makes a difference of 10kph entering a turn whether you get the right brake points or not. ( e.g. no braking = 114 w/braking = 124)

Do you also hit the walls? That's a big factor too. Especially in a Capp.

DRIFTGEAR
  Posted: Jan 19 2009, 07:53 PM

IDW Senior Member

Thanks for your advice. I hit the walls about 5 to 4 times in the course and thats usually when i oversteer and hit the wall. and does it make it easier in 1st person view?
smile.gif
DigiBunny
Posted: Jan 20 2009, 12:54 AM

Reading is magic!

Once you get accustomed to the view, yes, the turns become easier to percieve. Compare it to 3PV, there's a slight lag between turning the wheel and your car performing the turn. The split second means the difference between a smooth hairpin and driving your capp into the railing.

5 to 4? Not bad. I've done much worse. Generally if you can start running times of 3'07 you'll do fine.
DRIFTGEAR
  Posted: Jan 20 2009, 07:48 AM

IDW Senior Member

smile.gif Thanx Again:)...I am pretty noob though. But there is one thing i would like to ask you. is an exit speed of 87kph good at Irohazaka? oh and i race with stock A.T.M

This post has been edited by DRIFTGEAR on Jan 20 2009, 09:37 AM
Maikeru
Posted: Jan 20 2009, 05:40 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 28,530

87km/h is pretty good. you should switch over to manual when you get the chance
DigiBunny
Posted: Jan 21 2009, 01:18 AM

Reading is magic!

Perfectly acceptable as an exit speed, but there are other things to consider, like the speed which you correct your course (countersteer). Even if you exit at 87 in Iro, the longer you take making your car straight the more it adds fractions of seconds to your time.
DamienWolf
Posted: Jan 21 2009, 02:47 AM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

Here's a tip for all of you guys. Remember those points where your car does severe oversteer. Those are BRAKE POINTS.

Meaning the game is programmed that if you do not brake at that turn, your car goes into oversteer and your acceleration lags up a bit.

That's an advanced tip right there. REMEMBER IT. Write it down. Im serious.

This post has been edited by DamienWolf on Jan 21 2009, 02:49 AM
DigiBunny
Posted: Jan 21 2009, 03:49 AM

Reading is magic!

QUOTE (DamienWolf @ Today at 2:47 AM)
Here's a tip for all of you guys. Remember those points where your car does severe oversteer. Those are BRAKE POINTS.

Meaning the game is programmed that if you do not brake at that turn, your car goes into oversteer and your acceleration lags up a bit.

That's an advanced tip right there. REMEMBER IT. Write it down. Im serious.

Just to clarify, would that mean you just tap the brakes, or you actually need to slow yourself down beforehand by a considerable speed?
DamienWolf
Posted: Jan 21 2009, 03:54 AM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ Today at 7:49 PM)
Just to clarify, would that mean you just tap the brakes, or you actually need to slow yourself down beforehand by a considerable speed?

Every turn is different. Experiment and find out. Remember, if you oversteer, its only because of two things:

1. You didnt brake enough
2. You tried to brake enough but you stepped on the brake too late before a turn.
DRIFTGEAR
  Posted: Mar 16 2009, 04:33 PM

IDW Senior Member

thanks Guys Because Of Your Advice I Just Beat God Arm And I Am Up To Takumi On Akina And God Foot On Tsukuba. I Still Use 3rd Person (Its So Much Easier For Me)! I Beat The Ek9 And The White Car On my First Try IB! (Both With MT Best Advive Of All) Oh And I Swithched Over To That Lacncer EVo That Kyle Drives From The MANGA/ANIMIE God Arm Was Easier To Beat With It But Now Im Having So Much Trouble With God Foot PLZ HELP?!?!?smile.gif
-ShinRei-
Posted: Mar 16 2009, 05:23 PM

The Legendary R Master

Member No.: 29,882

Hmm, I can only give You these Advices..

1. Use MT
2. 1st Person View
3. For starters, just use the Brake on all the corners
4. Don't even think of One-Inching, just use a safe line

God Foot?You have to win in CP1 and CP2, cos there are only straights mostly on CP3 & CP4, but with LOTS on a small level, it should be no problem, He's still slow on the straights grin2.gif
DRIFTGEAR
    Posted: Mar 16 2009, 05:36 PM

IDW Senior Member

Thanx For Your help I Will Try To Beat Him Next Time I Go To Intensity
And I have noticed Some thing on the road in tsukuba like a metal strip so i payed attention and noticed i lost my grip if i wasnt careful over one
and AURICK uses 3rd Person View and he's AWESOME i could be just as good
couldn't I