Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Kasanova - Love Shining

Important Rules
Buy the Arcade Stage 4 Original Soundtrack to support IDW !!
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 4 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

93 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 148,715  ·  Replies: 2,304 
> IDAS4 Post Your Day!, Post your day here! *No spam*
Braja
Posted: Jul 25 2007, 06:52 AM

IDW Special Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,029

finally found asakurayume today! well he's got like 10 cards with diff names but finally found him. he was the 1st to hit 2'57" on akina dh. i played with him everyday in beta testing but havent seen him till today. man he gets crazy speeds. today he was using an FD3S. watched him and later he coached me a bit. got new ways to take the corners. didnt have time or money to perfect it but i'll try again later this week. i was able to take 3 turns like 10kph faster than usual. hopefully can hit the 3'00" mark soon, considering i did a 3'04" with my old techniques. fingers crossed...

also won 3 in a row and got my new GDBF to B1 rank. no biggie but nice for one day. moving along well

This post has been edited by Braja on Jul 25 2007, 06:53 AM
kct
Posted: Jul 25 2007, 07:04 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 25,388

5 games in a row (4 LotS and 1 TA on Akina Lake), basically got performance mods to 1-1-0-1-1, changed the wheels to a set of nice gold Advan RCIIs, since my aim is to recreate C-West's Evo IX, as seen on their site.

Messed up in Iro though.

This post has been edited by kct on Jul 25 2007, 07:30 AM
MAFD
Posted: Jul 26 2007, 06:02 PM

Team YG Revilution

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,540

Meet up with Retsuka today and he showed me a few tips about Irohazaka and Tsukuba. I then proceeded to beat Kyouichi and Kai on Iro with no problems at all. With Kai I managed to block him up to the jumps and I blocked him through the first jump too. He then overtook me on the 3rd jump but I took him back just before the final set of consec hairpins. I flew through Tsukuba with no problems either only had to try again for God Hand. Then I defeated Takumi and Keisuke but lost to Bunta on Akina.

Cheers Retsuka for the help laugh.gif
Sil80Drifter
Posted: Jul 26 2007, 06:35 PM

#1 Street Fighter Fan

Member No.: 19,411

finally got my card. i beat akina lake, i beat the first 3 races on myogi, first race on iro, first 2 races on akina, and lost twice to Mr. Civic Type R pinch2.gif on tsukuba
shadow_z3r0
Posted: Jul 26 2007, 07:00 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 20,944

Had this happened to me yesterday. Posted it in one of the other threads too.. =P

There's this almost ft evo9 noob that challenged me and my mr2. Thought i was gonna get smoked when i saw the tuning on his car.. he brought me to iro dh dry for the first 4 challenges. Yea, I won all 4.. by about 30-50m for all.

And then he looks at me and calls me a fisher.

I was like.. Omg, this scene feels so damn familiar when I played IDASV3. Wtf, no one asked you to bring the top car on iro to its home course. And not to mention his car is like about 5-7-3-3-7(or something like that. I only clearly noticed the 2 ft parts and the engine).

And he calls me a fisher. sleep.gif"

Then he brings me to tsukuba for our 5th match. I got smoked by 200m.

I was like, "ok if that's how you wanna play it.." I continued my game, not realising that if he had challenged me and if i continued the game, he still has the advantage of choosing the course. Me and my smart ass and impatience of waiting for the card to eject etc... =/

He brings me to tsukuba outbound dry again. This time, in a desperate attempt, I rammed him at startup and got the lead. Blocked him all the way until he overtook me at the last hairpin before the finish line. It felt like I was playing LoTS vsing Keisuke on level 3 or something.. =/

After that, took him to iro dh dry(finally found the sense to eject the card, though he was rushing to force quit his game so that i won't challenge him back). He rammed me on startup and i was like 80m behind him by the time i reached the first hairpin. =/

I still won him by 30m in the end. XD

Then he continued and did the same mistake that I did, so I get to choose the course again, this time taking him to akina dh dry. Bad move though, although I won, I had to block him all the way. MASSIVE acceleration advantage. Only managed to gain leads on the corners.

After that battle, he stands up and shouts, "WILL YOU STOP F*CKING FISHING ME? YOU KNOW HOW PRECIOUS MY CAR IS?!"

I was like.. uh.. wtf...?? Being faced so much with this type of people (and gotten used to it), I just brushed it aside, and said to him "Dude, this is just a game. Chill man.. If it helps, I'll buy you a drink after I'm done here."

He stares at me, runs to the counter to top up his swipe card, ejects his card and rechallenges me to akina lake. sleep.gif"

Rammed him at startup again though he managed to lead, but only for a few moments. XD

Obviously he doesn't know what Penalty Cancel is. Blocked him all the way till the finish line. XD

He now heads to top his card up again, but with the long queue at the counter, I managed to force quit my way out of my game before he heads back and terrorises me again. X(

Note: All races were boost off, thanks to the stupid dignity thing in Singapore.

And after I ejected my card, I still offered him, "You still need your chilling drink?" He just ignores me and continues with his own game, switching on his In-Store battle option thinking that I might rechallenge him again. And soon, I finally found out, he hasn't even finished his first cycle on LoTS. =/

I think he's Malaysian for some reason. Because I'm one too and I know how sore losers from there act like. XD

Ah well...

This post has been edited by shadow_z3r0 on Jul 26 2007, 07:01 PM
sannin
Posted: Jul 27 2007, 01:50 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 15,080

awesome story! completely made my day.
Retsuka
Posted: Jul 27 2007, 03:06 AM

Grand Wizard

Member No.: 25,288

rofl, interesting day today.

MAFD posted up our meeting so no need to go into detail on that one.

races today...

VS MAFD
FD vs 86 - akina - win.

VS AZKID (or something)
FD vs DC2 - akina - win

VS AZKID (or something)
FD vs DC2 - irohazaka uphill - lose (fished!!!! jks jks... lol)

VS AZKID (or something)
FD vs DC2 - tsukuba outbound - lose (overtaken at last corner when i lead the whole map lol... his car had 10-12 tune advantage)

VS AZKID (or something)
FD vs DC2 akina uphill - got serious, 200m+ win

VS (>_<)
FD vs FC akina downhill - lose (dude is best akina dh player in nz currently)

VS (>_<)
FD vs FC irohazaka downhill - over took him at the jumps, he reversed -.-" win.

did 5-6 TA's here and there... 2'42 on myogi uphill , 2'57 on tsukuba outbound both when the car was new xD

finished lots with my new FD... and went with balanced tuning this time round so currently have all mods at lvl1.
MAFD
Posted: Jul 27 2007, 04:51 PM

Team YG Revilution

Member No.: 1,540

lol it was AZFDIK laugh.gif

UPDATE: Just got back from the arcade after meeting up with the YG Revilution boys. They were all too busy crowding around the maximum tune 3 machine so I had a few games of ID3 by myself. Tried out the wall raping tech on Irohazaka and got around 2'59"6xx. This is on a stock Trueno with step 1 engine upgrade only. Still have to work on it though definitely more improvements to come. Other than that I got step 2 engine tune + carbon bonnet today.

This post has been edited by MAFD on Jul 28 2007, 02:14 AM
supagk
Posted: Jul 28 2007, 05:52 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 14,747

some hogs were hogging the machine and i didnt play.... saved my $3?
BDDEE@
Posted: Jul 28 2007, 06:46 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 21,568

got 2'57 iro dh and 3'03 iro rev in stock gc8.. 1go on both
i keep forgetting to eject everytime to tune up my card xD
shadow_z3r0
Posted: Jul 28 2007, 07:55 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 20,944

I just did a 54 in iro with a stock capp today. O_o

don't ask me how.. i can't do it again for nuts.. the best part about it is that i wasn't even doing a TA. It was just against Kyoichi on iro dry.. =/

The acceleration for the capp is way way higher than my mr2.. why is the mr2 still tops for iro? that still puzzles me.. does a ft mr2 run faster than a ft capp?
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Jul 28 2007, 10:44 PM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

Finished LotS for the third time today. So far most opponents havent given me trouble. (Takumi and Bunta on Akina are the exceptions....).

Also did Tsukuba OB 2'53"8 with the FD. My CP4 killed off what could have been a lower 53 sad.gif
ChaosAngel
Posted: Jul 29 2007, 12:12 AM

IDW Spartan #6

Member No.: 22,883

went to arcade and played ID4 for the first time

made myself an black FD.....should have chose white......anyway managed to finish akina lake and myogi, got myself a RE amy....(forgot the name) spoiler and muffler, planning to get all of parts that the FD had from 4th stage, after KT crashed......
Retsuka
Posted: Jul 29 2007, 01:36 AM

Grand Wizard

QUOTE (ChaosAngel @ Today at 12:12 AM)
went to arcade and played ID4 for the first time

made myself an black FD.....should have chose white......anyway managed to finish akina lake and myogi, got myself a RE amy....(forgot the name) spoiler and muffler, planning to get all of parts that the FD had from 4th stage, after KT crashed......

RE Amemiya... how could u forget the name lol.

imo i have the sexiest car ever!!

red FD

Kyoko's spoiler
Kyoko's mirrors
Keisukes bonnet (re amemiya)
Keisukes body kit (150k re amemiya)
Keisukes muffler (re amemiya)
Keisukes wheels (mazdaspeed original red suns classic FD)

the car looks beautiful... too bad im gonna scrape it off my main -.-"
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Jul 29 2007, 01:48 AM

QUOTE (Retsuka @ Today at 5:36 PM)
RE Amemiya... how could u forget the name lol.

imo i have the sexiest car ever!!

red FD

Kyoko's spoiler
Kyoko's mirrors
Keisukes bonnet (re amemiya)
Keisukes body kit (150k re amemiya)
Keisukes muffler (re amemiya)
Keisukes wheels (mazdaspeed original red suns classic FD)

the car looks beautiful... too bad im gonna scrape it off my main -.-"

With the exception of colour and bodykit....my FD is set up the same way as yours. O_o
Retsuka
Posted: Jul 29 2007, 04:09 AM

Grand Wizard

QUOTE (Phoenix_Cypher_K1 @ Today at 1:48 AM)
With the exception of colour and bodykit....my FD is set up the same way as yours. O_o

eek freaky... u have good taste then xD. (hoping ur FD isnt green or something)

too bad though, i liked the FD... but ill be changing soon enough.
Mo-Nercy
Posted: Jul 29 2007, 06:33 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 4,353

Just did LotS today. Beat up Akagi for the first time today. Also got Cole (Iketani) on Akina.

Still adjusting to the games physics. xD
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Jul 29 2007, 07:14 AM

QUOTE (Retsuka @ Today at 8:09 PM)
eek freaky... u have good taste then xD. (hoping ur FD isnt green or something)

too bad though, i liked the FD... but ill be changing soon enough.

My FD is black tongue.gif All my FDs (bar V1) was black biggrin.gif
g y R o
Posted: Jul 29 2007, 05:18 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 23,623

tried to play the game for the first time here in the philippines.. actually i don't know anything about that penalty thingy that you guys do but i'm going to try it.. pretty hard to use.. but i'ts my first time.. I got smoked by my friend with his trueno HAHA!! but overall it was great fun.. it's just that i have a job so i went home early.. i just cleared lake akina and myogi.. still thinking of what parts i'm going to upgrade.. engine parts hopefully.. smile.gif
ChaosAngel
Posted: Jul 29 2007, 11:35 PM

IDW Spartan #6

Member No.: 22,883

when i was picking parts for my FD, half the time i didnt know what i was picking coz the timer was sooooooo short!! >.<" they should make it longer....coz u just dont have time to look through everything unless ur only looking at one section but then u can prob only go through half of the list.....
?wha?
  Posted: Jul 30 2007, 03:08 AM

In sexy black'n gold :D

Member No.: 5,914

QUOTE (Mo-Nercy @ Today at 1:33 AM)
Just did LotS today. Beat up Akagi for the first time today. Also got Cole (Iketani) (Iketani) on Akina.

Still adjusting to the games physics. xD

Mo!!!! where the hell have you been damn traitor! tongue.gif goin off to play tekken eh?

anyway, ran a '01 on iro dhd... damn wall taps esp with rear. I don't know how people can full crash into a wall and lose zero speed while I tap the rear and get hammered 10 k's.

and a '20 on akina dhd. sleep.gif" would've been a 18 - 17 if it weren't for 1st section.
Sly
Posted: Jul 30 2007, 03:45 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 25,490

hehx... played against a guy today... challenged him to a duel... won him in the end... then one guy came with a subaru... full of mods... but skill was that of a one year old... sad.... if he had trained his drift techniques, might have defeated me flat... but even with my lowly mods i could stick to him.... but then i screwed myelf in a corner and his big-assed engine jus pulled away from me.... damn wish i had concentrated more...
*shrugs* oh well... i must improve myself... >.<
echizenryoma
Posted: Jul 30 2007, 06:49 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 25,572

Broke Myogi's Downhill record by 4secs on my FD=D
Should have seen the guy's face=D
Thinks his GT-R bnr34, full tuned, is fast-.-

( My FD oni has 4 tunes grin2.gif )
Sly
Posted: Jul 30 2007, 07:01 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 25,490

haha full tune doesn't necessarily means victory... if i had concentrated(which i had regretted not doing so), tt subaru guy would nvr have won, even with his full tune car... think he's some big shot... haha (vents anger)
DamienWolf
Posted: Jul 30 2007, 07:14 AM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

I played the game earlier, made my card, made 3 cars and beat lots until Akina until I ran out of cash. I'm really not liking the physics. Not because its different (heck, I play a lot of racing games with different physics: BG3, BG4, GT4, Kaido Battle 3, and IDver3) but because of a lot of stuff I find annoying.

There's the random understeer I keep experiencing especially on Myogi. Where you do your turn all the way then suddenly the car stops turning like you hit an invisible wall.

Oh I like the frills, the gimmicks and all but playing the game itself its... I dont know...

Anyway, I still have my missions for Ver3, will keep doing like 3 or 4 runs a week in Ver4 just to keep a feel for the game and get the times. It also seems like no matter what car I'm using ( I made a trueno, FC and S2k) it all just drives the same. I do a combination of old school driving like in Ver3 with a lot more attention to my speeds and the map.

Maybe I will play the game more when the prices go down.

93 Pages  1 2 3 4 »