Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Free ZION

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 5 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,624  ·  Replies: 15 
> A choice for a friend., I don't know what to pick for him.
GIDO
  Posted: Oct 3 2010, 04:29 AM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,913

Let's see here, I have this friend who wants to make a ID5 card next week, and He choosing between 3 cars: DC2, GC8, and 180SX.

Can anyone relay to me the differences in those 3 cars externally and internally? So that I can relay those to my friend and make his choice.

Thanks,
GIDO
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Oct 3 2010, 06:33 AM

The Blue Lightning

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,245

QUOTE (GIDO @ 2 hours, 4 minutes ago)
Let's see here, I have this friend who wants to make a ID5 card next week, and He choosing between 3 cars: DC2, GC8, and 180SX.

Can anyone relay to me the differences in those 3 cars externally and internally? So that I can relay those to my friend and make his choice.

Thanks,
GIDO

DC2: Happogahara's Inbound course car, FF, good handling, normal speed, good for begineers.

GC8: Akina's Uphill course car, 4WD, a car for uphill, decent for downhill, you don't need to customized the cosmetics since it is as cool as it is.

180SX: Myogi's Uphill and Lake Akina's Clockwise second course car, FR, easy to drift, good speed, you can tune it just like Venth's 180SX.

Why not go for all of them since he likes these cars?
GIDO
  Posted: Oct 3 2010, 07:28 AM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (Takahashi Rensuke @ 55 minutes, 11 seconds ago)
DC2: Happogahara's Inbound course car, FF, good handling, normal speed, good for begineers.

GC8: Akina's Uphill course car, 4WD, a car for uphill, decent for downhill, you don't need to customized the cosmetics since it is as cool as it is.

180SX: Myogi's Uphill and Lake Akina's Clockwise second course car, FR, easy to drift, good speed, you can tune it just like Venth's 180SX.

Why not go for all of them since he likes these cars?

Sorry for being such a noob, what's the difference between FR and FF?
DigiBunny
Posted: Oct 3 2010, 03:19 PM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

Front Wheel Drive and Rear Wheel Drive. Both have the engines mounted in the front of the car.

In the game, this difference is pretty moot because we all corner the same. Ultimately it's going to boil down to whether your buddy has the drive to learn D5's physics, and which course he likes to play on more, versus how kitted out he wants his car to be.

Personally I wouldn't touch the DC2 in terms of externals and internals. Even if you stick a turbo in it, you don't get any kind of *WHOOSING* Blow off Valve, and it's pretty dull in terms of bodykits. 180 and GC8 seem like a better choice in the long run; especially for duking it out in battles.
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Oct 4 2010, 04:31 AM

The Blue Lightning

QUOTE (GIDO @ Yesterday, 11:28 PM)
Sorry for being such a noob, what's the difference between FR and FF?

That's ok, everybody was once a noob

FF: Good handling, good braking, but hard to drift (I heard this many times, some of the players here tried to drift using FF cars but unsuccessful)

FR: Easy to drift, best category of cars in ID (faster than 4WD, MR, FF by A FEW SECONDS ONLY)

That's all I can provide, I'm not very pro in cars...
GIDO
  Posted: Oct 4 2010, 04:42 AM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ Yesterday, 3:19 PM)
Front Wheel Drive and Rear Wheel Drive. Both have the engines mounted in the front of the car.

In the game, this difference is pretty moot because we all corner the same. Ultimately it's going to boil down to whether your buddy has the drive to learn D5's physics, and which course he likes to play on more, versus how kitted out he wants his car to be.

Personally I wouldn't touch the DC2 in terms of externals and internals. Even if you stick a turbo in it, you don't get any kind of *WHOOSING* Blow off Valve, and it's pretty dull in terms of bodykits. 180 and GC8 seem like a better choice in the long run; especially for duking it out in battles.

My friend made his choice now. 180SX. He feels that this car is less used by the masses, correct?

And since we're on the topic on analyzing cars, just asking..

1. What is the better MR? mr2 or mrs?
2. Is the myth true that iggy's ae85 is slow?
3. What's the worst car ever? (in your opinion)
*VIC*
Posted: Oct 4 2010, 04:53 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 35,152

QUOTE (GIDO @ 10 minutes, 35 seconds ago)
My friend made his choice now. 180SX. He feels that this car is less used by the masses, correct?

MRS course is Nagao DH while MR2 course is Irohazaka DH but in terms of overall, MRS would be a better car. I don't really know how to answer question 2 but for question 3, I think there is no 'worst' car is just how you drive it.
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Oct 4 2010, 04:54 AM

The Blue Lightning

QUOTE (GIDO @ 12 minutes, 25 seconds ago)

1)MRS
2)Not exactly since he already got it a turbo, just a matter of time he become faster
3)AE85, S13, 180SX, EG6 and SXE10 (Toyota Altezza)...Basically these cars are driven by "noobs" in the anime [No offence ok? Because he's saying "in your opinion"]
GIDO
  Posted: Oct 4 2010, 05:21 AM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (Takahashi Rensuke @ 26 minutes, 36 seconds ago)
1)MRS
2)Not exactly since he already got it a turbo, just a matter of time he become faster
3)AE85, S13, 180SX, EG6 and SXE10 (Toyota Altezza)...Basically these cars are driven by "noobs" in the anime [No offence ok? Because he's saying "in your opinion"]

I haven't seen any Altezzas around, have you? I'm curious. laugh.gif
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Oct 4 2010, 05:42 AM

The Blue Lightning

QUOTE (GIDO @ 20 minutes, 51 seconds ago)
I haven't seen any Altezzas around, have you? I'm curious. laugh.gif

Come to think of it, yeah... I didn't see any players using Altezza in my area
GIDO
  Posted: Oct 4 2010, 06:01 AM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (Takahashi Rensuke @ 18 minutes, 37 seconds ago)
Come to think of it, yeah... I didn't see any players using Altezza in my area

I've seen a video of it on YouTube even though it was D4, but I got to see the looks of the car. It has a huge butt for blocking I can tell you that. laugh.gif
venth85
Posted: Oct 4 2010, 06:53 AM

Hello again~~

Member No.: 21,309

Things that I can say about 180sx are, rather not newbie friendly I guess, acceleration compared to other FR like FC/FD, is slower. Then few mistakes can eat the tire boost gone pretty quickly(what I felt though , it may differ), and rather weak on wet course, I raced half tuned FD on uphill with my FT-ed 180sx before, the FD can easily catch up with me(Akina UH wet).
stormfox
Posted: Oct 4 2010, 07:22 AM

Underdog Nutcase

Member No.: 32,096

QUOTE (Takahashi Rensuke @ 2 hours, 27 minutes ago)
1)MRS

the AE85 is fairly decent actually... middle of the pack in overall...

the worst cars??? ... based on the numbers off the rankings... these are the bottom 8...

S14
SXE10
CT9Aエボ9
DC2
S15
EK9
EG6
GDBF

if you want o be special...
you can get a S13, S14, S15, SXE10, MR2, Sil80, 180, Evo4, NA6CE...
you just dont see any of them around... if any at all!
GIDO
  Posted: Oct 4 2010, 07:34 AM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (venth85 @ 40 minutes, 50 seconds ago)
Things that I can say about 180sx are, rather not newbie friendly I guess, acceleration compared to other FR like FC/FD, is slower. Then few mistakes can eat the tire boost gone pretty quickly(what I felt though , it may differ), and rather weak on wet course, I raced half tuned FD on uphill with my FT-ed 180sx before, the FD can easily catch up with me(Akina UH wet).

I just saw videos of 180SX (yours) and the Sileighty. They look the same. laugh.gif
venth85
Posted: Oct 4 2010, 07:40 AM

Hello again~~

Member No.: 21,309

Well basically Sil80 is Silvia with 180SX end and S13 front, it born from a hashiriya that crash their 180SX then replace the front with cheaper front S13~ thats why it has same back lol~
GIDO
  Posted: Oct 4 2010, 07:52 AM

IDW God Member

Ahh so that's why. Thanks for the enlightenment. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by GIDO on Oct 6 2010, 07:07 AM