Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Fastway - Revolution

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

10 Pages  « 6 7 8 9 10  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 190,148  ·  Replies: 229 
> Frequently Asked Questions, Please read before posting questions.
iconoklast
Posted: Jul 4 2008, 04:11 PM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,317

QUOTE (mike962 @ Jun 30 2008, 07:44 AM)

I am really curios if Keisuke will have a rematch with Takumi and see if he gets owned again or this time Takumi loses crying2.gif

I get the impression just from watching 4th Stage that if Keisuke and Takumi were to ever battle again that it would probably result in a Draw of some kind. Or, you know, one of those battles where Takumi wins, and he goes dude I so don't think I won, but the other guy is like "son you totally whooped me". I could be wrong though, but I doubt it. As much as I love the series with all my heart it is as predictable and formulaic as can be.
ToyotaFan84
Posted: Oct 19 2008, 10:08 AM

VVTL-i just kicked in yo!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 29,639

What type of FC does Ryosuke have?

Series 4? Series 5? What does GLX mean? Why is it sometimes called the FC3S?
gumpy
Posted: Nov 4 2008, 12:45 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 31,026

dose any one know if Initial D Extra Stage 2: Tabidachi no Green being subbed

its been out for a month and i cant find any one who has done it ??
mike962
Posted: Nov 4 2008, 02:13 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 29,885

QUOTE (gumpy @ Today at 12:45 AM)
dose any one know if Initial D Extra Stage 2: Tabidachi no Green being subbed

its been out for a month and i cant find any one who has done it ??

It will likely be subbed next year since the DVD is coming out in early December
S2 Sil-Eighty S2
Posted: Dec 11 2008, 07:14 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 31,325

Thanks a lot,I was crazy to know the order.I just downloaded the Third Stage,but I'll have to download the Extra Stage before watching it.
wanderer259
Posted: May 6 2009, 08:51 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 24,277

ToyotaFan84-
Ryosuke has a series 5 Rx7, you can always tell in between the s4 and the s5 by the tail lights. The s4 had square ones, while the s5 had the circular ones. Also, to answer your second question the gxl is the badge used to describe an rx7 for what ever peformance it made. Their were gxu's, gxl's and turbo 2's. For your final question, Fc3s is just the chassis code tha's used to describe the car. Just like an Fd is an FD3s. I hope this helps.
Tessou
Posted: May 6 2009, 09:05 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

For the FC3S in America, the trim levels went like this: Base, GXL, GTU, GTUs (1989+), and Turbo II. There was also the convertible, which was a drop-top GXL.

GXL added "luxury" stuff like leather seats and shit. 5-lug wheels were a good addition. Nothing terribly special over the base model non-turbo, but it was a step up.

The GTU originally was the top model NA version of the car. The biggest difference it had over the GXL (for the 86-88 model years) was an LSD.

The GTUs had all of the features of the Turbo II (suspension, wheels, better transmission, etc.) except with the NA motor. It's also rare as f**k.

The Turbo II is the top of the line FC3S, and is also the hardest to find in good condition. The hood scoop is the biggest giveaway between this monster and the NA models, but I've seen people that switched to a front mount intercooler and put an NA hood on the car for a sleeper effect. Watch out.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Spaz
Posted: May 6 2009, 10:13 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Speaking of FCs, I saw the cleanest S4 TII ever at the autox on Sunday, I seriously had a hard time getting an accurately exposed shot the white was so bright:

user posted image

I wasn't paying attention to the start line, so imagine my surprise the first time this came around the sweeper at me!
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
wanderer259
Posted: May 6 2009, 10:32 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 24,277

That looks like the tenth anniversary model to me. But yeah, that's one clean fc!
Tessou
Posted: May 11 2009, 07:51 AM

Group Icon

That is most definitely a 10AE FC3S. S4 bumper w/ color matching rub strips and taillight housings, the white wheels, not to mention the 10AE badges on the fenders, give it away immediately.
ChiyoV
Posted: Sep 7 2010, 02:55 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 35,944

Initial D... What does the "D" actually stand for?
Drift?
Drive?
etc.
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Sep 7 2010, 10:56 PM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

QUOTE (ChiyoV @ 8 hours, 0 minutes ago)
Initial D... What does the "D" actually stand for?
Drift?
Drive?
etc.

no one knows until initial d stage 5 comes out.

This post has been edited by Takahashi Rensuke on Sep 11 2010, 10:36 PM
dDrRaGeX
Posted: Sep 11 2010, 09:40 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 3,160

How many chapters is the current manga that takes place after 4th stage, and how many chapters is 4th stage composed of? Also, what was the amount of time taken between the end of the 4th stage manga and the start of the 4th stage anime?
Banken
Posted: Jan 7 2012, 12:38 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 22,465

QUOTE (Takahashi Rensuke @ Sep 7 2010, 10:56 PM)
no one knows until initial d stage 5 comes out.

Wrong. Shigeno has stated that it stands for Drift, but the meaning of Project D is still a mystery.

Personally I think it stands for Driver. As in professional driver; Ryousuke is preparing them for a pro careers.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Mar 21 2012, 05:16 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Something mundane that I didn't notice till now. Which of the characters smoke? I vaguely remember Keisuke and Kenta, I know obviously Bunta smokes. But I haven't seen anyone light up recently in these new chapters. And on this topic, what brand of cigarettes do they smoke? If anyone would like to take a guess?
Banken
Posted: Mar 21 2012, 07:17 PM

IDW Goldmember

Ryousuke, Keisuke, Kenta, Nakazato, and Shingo do, at least.

I think the Two Evo Guys probably did?

And probably a few other minor characters.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Mar 21 2012, 07:22 PM

Patient Zero

RYOSUKE SMOKES?!? When did that happen? As a medical student, he should know the dangers that come with smoking and therefore abstain from such taboos. Keisuke obviously smokes because he's a punk, Kenta because he loves copying whatever Keisuke does, Nakazato and Shingo smoke because they're also punks in their own sense. But Ryosuke... Smoking? I wouldn't believe you unless I see a panel from the manga or a screen cap from the anime.
Tomiya Takato
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 07:37 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 11,663

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ Mar 21 2012, 07:22 PM)
RYOSUKE SMOKES?!? When did that happen? As a medical student, he should know the dangers that come with smoking and therefore abstain from such taboos. Keisuke obviously smokes because he's a punk, Kenta because he loves copying whatever Keisuke does, Nakazato and Shingo smoke because they're also punks in their own sense. But Ryosuke... Smoking? I wouldn't believe you unless I see a panel from the manga or a screen cap from the anime.

There was a screen cap during stage 1. Whilst Mako was explaining her crush on Ryosuke to Iketani, Ryosuke smoked during that scene.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 08:55 AM

Patient Zero

Oh HO! More than enough of a reason for me to marathon through First Stage again! I'll put up a screen cap when I find the scene in question. Thanks for the help! happy.gif

EDIT: Found that screen cap. From First Stage, Episode 20. LOL, FUNimation watermark.

user posted image

This post has been edited by THE_HONDA_CG2 on Mar 31 2012, 01:12 PM
Tessou
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 09:36 AM

Group Icon

Being a medical student or even a doctor does not mean they cannot smoke themselves. Not a big surprise to me at all.
JKaiba
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 11:51 AM

Alias The J'

Member No.: 16,596

Over a quarter of the doctors I know smoke. Over half if you count casual cigar smoking. Ryosuke smoked back during first stage. I haven't watched the series in years and I remember pretty much everyone but Iketani and Takumi smoked. It's Asia... They're men. A large number of them smoke. There's nothing unusual about that.
kyonpalm
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 12:00 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

I'm actually quite shocked you all didn't know Ryosuke smoked. There are at least a couple scenes in First Stage showing him doing so. One such scene I remember is during the race between Takumi and Kenta, after he calls Keisuke from their home.
He also smoked in the live action movie, but no one cares about that anyway.

I'm pretty sure he quit around Second Stage, since he has not been seen smoking since then. I think this is a deliberate move by Shigeno and probably has to do with him going to medical school.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Tessou
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 12:18 PM

Group Icon

Whatever happened to Bunta's meetings with the chamber of commerce?
kyonpalm
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 12:29 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Tessou @ 10 minutes, 17 seconds ago)
Whatever happened to Bunta's meetings with the chamber of commerce?

I'm sure he was always lying. That, or by Chamber of Commerce, he really meant the bar.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Banken
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 04:12 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 3 hours, 43 minutes ago)
I'm sure he was always lying. That, or by Chamber of Commerce, he really meant the bar.

I have no doubt he actually mean the chamber of commerce because social drinking is a large part of business and in Japan. It's totally normal to go get drunk with your bosses in a company, or to go get drunk with the other business owners in town (like Yuichi, who runs the gas station).

Many times he told Takumi to come pick him up at the "shuukai jo" which means "meeting place," normally a multi-purpose building in every major neighborhood used for everything from playing ping pong to drinking parties.

This post has been edited by Banken on Mar 31 2012, 09:02 PM

10 Pages  « 6 7 8 9 10