Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Nathalie - Heartbeat

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

430 Pages  « 426 427 428 429 430  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 697,789  ·  Replies: 10,735 
> What Car Do You Have?, Pictures, Details, and Bread and Milk
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 28 2017, 09:10 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Not a requirement but highly appreciated. Welcome to IDW!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
SFSxShingo
Posted: Mar 7 2017, 06:43 PM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,942

Thank you for the welcome!

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 600. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 600. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

No milk because I'm lactose and apparently no one's gone grocery shopping in a while o.o

This post has been edited by SFSxShingo on Mar 7 2017, 06:45 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 7 2017, 07:33 PM

ShiMACHaze

That bread is the sickest, bro! Good stuff!

Sensation!
Posted: Mar 7 2017, 08:47 PM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

Those are some really nice cars.
If you need quality stuff for that E92, let me know wink2.gif
lawler
Posted: Mar 10 2017, 05:37 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 33,509

Well heres the rb e30 replacement.
1990 r32 m.spec gtst.
Was basicly stock when i picked it up but so far has got big rotor kit, ebc yellow pads, bm57 master, mca coilovers 9kg/5kg and almost finished the r34 rb25det neo swap

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 576. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by lawler on Mar 12 2017, 02:19 AM
Master0fMadness
Posted: Mar 11 2017, 06:15 PM

Midnight Lover
Group Icon

Group: PONY FANATIC
Member No.: 46,279

Basically what I want, except an R32 not a R33.

Delicious still.
Sensation!
Posted: Mar 12 2017, 10:18 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Master0fMadness @ Yesterday, 7:15 PM)
Basically what I want, except an R32 not a R33.

Delicious still.

umm...that's a r32.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 12 2017, 11:57 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Sensation! @ 1 hour, 39 minutes ago)
umm...that's a r32.

I was confused too, but I'm pretty sure that he meant to say, "It's what I want, except it's an R32 and I want an R33." But, you know, English.
Sensation!
Posted: Mar 12 2017, 04:46 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 4 hours, 48 minutes ago)
I was confused too, but I'm pretty sure that he meant to say, "It's what I want, except it's an R32 and I want an R33." But, you know, English.

Found the image.
user posted image

I wouldn't put it past people.
And no, this isn't satire.
lawler
Posted: Mar 13 2017, 01:57 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 33,509

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 11:57 AM)

Yeah thats the way i read it plus i did say 32 in the post. Though that angle it does look abit long and rounded like a 33.

On another note i should of waited a couple of days to post as i brought new wheels as some riverside stitchs popped up

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 576. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by lawler on Mar 13 2017, 01:59 PM
carzy_guy
Posted: Mar 14 2017, 01:13 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 48,088

And here we have my marvelous Toyota Corona EXiV ST200

I mean it's really not marvelous but it gets from A-B and it's manual so what more could I ask?

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
08TTGSL
Posted: Mar 22 2017, 09:21 AM

Eww evo

Member No.: 19,156

Here's the new rice car

user posted image
user posted image
cloud based image processing
Posted: May 6 2017, 07:17 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

i live in Quebec (Canada) and i have a ford Fiesta hatchback. im interested in putting some small decals on my car 6"x 6" in size. i dont plan on going full Itashi on it but i do want to put some modest yet fun stickers on it. ive seen one place in a flea market where the guy can do 3 layers max with 4th layer possible. i believe he has a machine cut the material and he likely puts the layers together by hand. this does make the decals on the thick side if there are too many layers.

the small design/pics i want of questionable limits due to the +3 colors needed along with the designs themselves. one is a picture of a pokemon (Flygon #330) and the other is just a 2 sticker chase scene with road runner and wile e coyote. where are other common places i can look around for if its just too hard/complicated for him to do on the spot? im thinking of body shops that might do custom decals on cars but im not one for altering the appearance of my car much at all. i just dont know where i can find all the car mod related services and what their capabilities are. i do prefer to have the decals done in vinyl material as to avoid paint damage on my car.
Spaz
Posted: May 7 2017, 07:41 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (207 @ Yesterday, 10:17 AM)
i live in Quebec (Canada) and i have a ford Fiesta hatchback. im interested in putting some small decals on my car 6"x 6" in size. i dont plan on going full Itashi on it but i do want to put some modest yet fun stickers on it. ive seen one place in a flea market where the guy can do 3 layers max with 4th layer possible. i believe he has a machine cut the material and he likely puts the layers together by hand. this does make the decals on the thick side if there are too many layers.

the small design/pics i want of questionable limits due to the +3 colors needed along with the designs themselves. one is a picture of a pokemon (Flygon #330) and the other is just a 2 sticker chase scene with road runner and wile e coyote. where are other common places i can look around for if its just too hard/complicated for him to do on the spot? im thinking of body shops that might do custom decals on cars but im not one for altering the appearance of my car much at all. i just dont know where i can find all the car mod related services and what their capabilities are. i do prefer to have the decals done in vinyl material as to avoid paint damage on my car.

Flygon (and I'd assume most Pokemon) will definitely be doable considering they do tend to limit color pallets. Flygon can definitely be done in 4, be it normal or shiny.

In all honesty though, you're probably better off finding someone with a vinyl printer who can just put the images to a single base layer. That tends to be a bit more expensive per sticker but it'll have a much better finished look with less risk of things looking slightly off from hand-assembly of the layers.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Posted: May 8 2017, 02:34 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

QUOTE (Spaz @ Yesterday, 10:41 PM)
Flygon (and I'd assume most Pokemon) will definitely be doable considering they do tend to limit color pallets. Flygon can definitely be done in 4, be it normal or shiny.

In all honesty though, you're probably better off finding someone with a vinyl printer who can just put the images to a single base layer. That tends to be a bit more expensive per sticker but it'll have a much better finished look with less risk of things looking slightly off from hand-assembly of the layers.

thank you for the reply. i went there and confirmed that he couldn't do any of them at his stall but he did point me out to his related main business nearby for the decal/stickers. it was a weekend so i couldnt do much at that point. it looks like he tends to do the vectors on the PC and has a printer/cutter that does the hard work of cutting the lines with occasional hand work for 2-3 colors

i called the main shop today and sent the pics over and the road runner is doable but Flygon will need to have the pic's background removed to make it a nicer appearance. they'll likely work on the vectors today/tomorrow. they have yet to give me a price per sticker as the 2 areas on my car have different dimensions, the upper limits on heights are 5.5" vs 7-8". im stoked to hear that what im looking for will likely be done. its just a question how well they can isolate Flygon from the source photo. im not sure how much it'll cost but i really want to put something fun on my car. atleast its not a full body wrap that will cost a fair amount of $, im relatively positive what i want will be in a decent price range. they likely also have other road runner choices that might be even better than the ones i saw on google.

is there any general price a sticker 6"x 6" would cost at most print shops?

This post has been edited by 207 on May 8 2017, 02:41 PM
Sensation!
Posted: Jun 1 2017, 02:03 PM

Group Icon

About 5 and a half years ago, I wrote this on Lonely Drives BP5 legacy thread
QUOTE (Sensation! @ Dec 25 2011, 02:12 AM)
Any common problems plague these cars? anything i should look out for? I'm playing with the idea of picking up an 05+ GT model as a daily.

And...nanananananananana
I finally picked one up myself a month back as a daily driver, albeit, it's not a exactly a Legacy GT.
Rather, I opted for the H6 instead of the H4 turbo, which were only available on Outback models here in the USA as we never got the Legacy 3.0R's as a wagon.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3206 x 1804. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Today was a cloudy day, so I also took the time to detail up the other ride before summer kicks into high gear. Look forward to a build thread on the S14, as it's finally being retired of DD duties.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 4275 x 2405. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

kyonpalm
Posted: Jun 1 2017, 06:29 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Sensation! @ 4 hours, 25 minutes ago)
About 5 and a half years ago, I wrote this on Lonely Drives BP5 legacy thread

And...nanananananananana
I finally picked one up myself a month back as a daily driver, albeit, it's not a exactly a Legacy GT.
Rather, I opted for the H6 instead of the H4 turbo, which were only available on Outback models here in the USA as we never got the Legacy 3.0R's as a wagon.

http://i.imgur.com/K4DEhYN.jpg

Today was a cloudy day, so I also took the time to detail up the other ride before summer kicks into high gear. Look forward to a build thread on the S14, as it's finally being retired of DD duties.

http://i.imgur.com/X23psQ1.jpg

Super excited to see how the S14 goes, glad to see it can finally rest a bit too.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Spaz
Posted: Jun 2 2017, 08:33 PM

Group Icon

Agreed, much excite to see the S14 start to grow further.
Spaz
Posted: Jul 27 2017, 08:42 PM

Group Icon

So I mentioned this in the Discord, but I'm flying out to Virginia on Saturday to pick up a truck I've been looking for the right example of for the past year...

Yep, finally getting my hands on a VW Touareg TDI, with the 5.0L twin turbski V10 diesel. 310hp and 560lb-ft of torque, put to the ground through basically a quattro system, all ready to pull the Evo across the country... And of course get me to and from work. This one's an 07, is bone stock, has had a ton of common issues addressed in the past 20k and even has a current extended warranty for the next 33k or 3 years.

user posted image

I'll be fixing a number of minor/non-critical things on the Jetta and then listing it for sale. If anyone wants what'll be a super solid DD when I'm done refreshing it, feel free to get in touch.

This post has been edited by Spaz on Jul 27 2017, 08:42 PM
Lonely_Driver
Posted: Jul 28 2017, 11:29 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 38,019

You going to roll coal bro?
Spaz
Posted: Jul 30 2017, 08:49 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Lonely_Driver @ Jul 28 2017, 02:29 PM)
You going to roll coal bro?

Nah, not looking to mess with it much. Just drive it and pull with it.
jordanhooper
Posted: Dec 11 2017, 05:49 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 49,269

Thanks For the share smile.gif
Spaz
Posted: Jan 1 2018, 12:45 PM

Group Icon

My video from this past weekend in the Touareg!

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5i9hIrg_yg )

Probably obvious, but I decided to try something with more content than just the video itself. Feedback is more than welcome!
RalliKai
Posted: Jan 2 2018, 08:07 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

Awesome video sir. For as heavy as they are, the torque being put out must make up for it.
Spaz
Posted: Jan 5 2018, 04:27 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (RalliKai @ Jan 2 2018, 11:07 AM)
Awesome video sir. For as heavy as they are, the torque being put out must make up for it.

Thanks! It certainly does. 560 lb-ft will move quite a lot, and in a hurry too!

430 Pages  « 426 427 428 429 430