Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 11 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Fly Me So High

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

54 Pages  « 6 7 8 9 10 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 529,197  ·  Replies: 1,345 
> Initial D Fifth Stage, Announced in 35th issue of Young Jump
Killah Jamez
  Posted: Aug 8 2012, 06:05 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,844

Hello Idw I am A total newbie I Really just got heavy into the world of anime in the last year when I got netflix. Initial D would usually be one on the top anime's that Netflix would suggest I watch based on my other preferences but I originally brushed it off because I have never heard of it..when I eventually gave it a shot I was hooked within a few weeks I had watched every stage including the battle stage and extra's..Then once it was over I felt a huge void so I started searching online and it even got me watching all different kinds of anime and I have been checking this site for new for the past 7 to 8 months almost daily..I can only imagine ho you guys feel who have been invested in this since the beginning and having to wait those excruciating years. No other anime have I ever been connected with as much as this not even Inuyasha which introduced me to the world of anime. the only anime which even come close to the awesomeness of ID to me is Black Lagoon which I Learned about on this site I know this is long for my first post but i wanted to give a lil background and say thank you to all u guys here that love ID..all that said Im really excited for Nevember...
ride4life32
Posted: Aug 8 2012, 07:32 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 9,897

Best news I have heard in a while! Cant wait for this. I just wonder how long it will take until subs come out.

user posted image
Spaz
Posted: Aug 8 2012, 08:38 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

I hope somebody gets into subbing this like Dattebayo did with Naruto, where they were efficient enough that it would air at 7pm in Japan, and it would be up for d/l on their site in time to watch it at 7pm here in the states on the same date.

I mean, that's a bit over the top, but something within 48 hours would be awesome if someone would be willing to step up. No doubt there'll be DVR rips available within minutes of the broadcasts ending.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
kyonpalm
Posted: Aug 8 2012, 08:50 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Spaz @ 11 minutes, 32 seconds ago)
I hope somebody gets into subbing this like Dattebayo did with Naruto, where they were efficient enough that it would air at 7pm in Japan, and it would be up for d/l on their site in time to watch it at 7pm here in the states on the same date.

If someone did this like Dattebayo apparently did with Naruto, this would be just the same except they'd be doing a series that is actually good. tongue.gif

Still, that is a very impressive time frame. I doubt whoever subs Fifth Stage will be so quick, but who knows - since we don't know who will be doing it, anything could happen.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 8 2012, 09:40 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (ride4life32 @ 2 hours, 8 minutes ago)
Best news I have heard in a while! Cant wait for this. I just wonder how long it will take until subs come out.

http://dc390.4shared.com/img/rjfzTOy7/s3/legendary.gif

While normally I wouldn't bother indulging comments like this--which I put in the same category as people asking if Japanese-region-only games have English settings--since a mod joined in I'll just answer it anyway. Feel honored!

The first episode will be subbed within 14 days. Each subsequent episode pair will be subbed within 24 hours of its release. "But N1!" you start to ask, giving me a look of disbelief, "How can you possibly be so sure!?"

Because I'm Rick James, bitch. No, but seriously, it's because if no other group subs Fifth Stage within 7 days, then I'll do it myself. Either some other group picks it up and subs it quickly, or I pick it up and sub it quickly. Either way we'll have reliable subs just like we did with Fourth Stage.

Seriously guys, this doesn't air until November. Asking when it'll get licensed or when there'll be fansubs is hilariously unnecessary. Kick back, pop a cold one and chill.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Wanderer
Posted: Aug 8 2012, 10:38 PM

The Watcher

Member No.: 35,816

Hey hey hey. I can't drink. I think I'll just roll one up and chill.
Banken
Posted: Aug 8 2012, 11:30 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 22,465

Subs? Where we're going, we don't need subs.

...well, maybe you do.

I'll be more than glad to TL check for you...heheh

If it wasn't for the PPV broadcast being before DVD release, and DVD release being before rental DVD release, I would have totally watched the show legitimately... but...yeah....

Hmm, I wonder if I even have access to Animax PPV...
Tee:k
Posted: Aug 8 2012, 11:48 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 37,510

Ah GOSH! 6 years i've waited! 6 years! This is great news! oh my gosh, i can't even think straight...

But i have a lot of questions! As i'm norwegian, i have the English dubbed versions, and i love the dubbed voices. Do anyone know if the same voices will be applied to this new series?

How many Episodes will it be? I HOPE MANY!

If it took 6 years to complete like 12 episodes or something, i will get totally emo.

i haven't red the manga, so i have no clue about the story after Stage 4.

This is SO exciting! FUCK YEAH! bounce.gif apxrock.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 8 2012, 11:51 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Tee:k @ 3 minutes, 22 seconds ago)
But i have a lot of questions! As i'm norwegian, i have the English dubbed versions, and i love the dubbed voices. Do anyone know if the same voices will be applied to this new series?

How many Episodes will it be? I HOPE MANY!

There is no talk of the series being licensed as of yet. It hasn't even started airing in Japan, so you'll be waiting a while before there's any announcement of licensing. In case it's confusing why I'm talking about licensing, it's because there won't be an English dub unless it gets licensed.

As for the episode count, look at the top of this forum right next to the huge Fifth Stage picture. It'll answer those questions. cool.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Saxifrage
Posted: Aug 8 2012, 11:52 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 36,872

Suddenly there are so many old & new members that I don't know posting derp.gif
5th stage does have a HUGE impact on IDWF's activity.
strioch
Posted: Aug 8 2012, 11:58 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 32,557

ohmy.gif I am speechless

Looking forward to November happy.gif
wolf4537
Posted: Aug 9 2012, 12:04 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 35,314

OMG YES!!! CAN'T WAIT!! biggrin.gif
Tee:k
Posted: Aug 9 2012, 12:45 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 37,510

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 53 minutes, 59 seconds ago)
There is no talk of the series being licensed as of yet. It hasn't even started airing in Japan, so you'll be waiting a while before there's any announcement of licensing. In case it's confusing why I'm talking about licensing, it's because there won't be an English dub unless it gets licensed.

As for the episode count, look at the top of this forum right next to the huge Fifth Stage picture. It'll answer those questions. cool.gif

Thank you so much! ^^

Well, all of the other stages has been licensed? so i guess it's the same for this 5'th stage. Tho, i have no problem seeing it in Japanese as long as it is correctly subbed.

But some of the guys here are "hinting" towards the case that this might be the last stage? ever? is this true? In that case, i'm doing suicide after i've seen the 5th stage! Dat will bo so sad facepalm.gif
Perry
Posted: Aug 9 2012, 02:30 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Some images of Fifth Stage are starting to surface. So apparently this will be how Fifth Stage's style looks like. It looks much more realistic than Fourth Stage!!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Gold_Ultima
Posted: Aug 9 2012, 02:33 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 4,486

I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but that looks like the exact same cel shaded model from Fourth Stage, not that there's anything wrong with that.
wiqilante
Posted: Aug 9 2012, 02:35 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 38,243

finally !!!
Perry
Posted: Aug 9 2012, 02:50 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Gold_Ultima @ 17 minutes, 27 seconds ago)
I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but that looks like the exact same cel shaded model from Fourth Stage, not that there's anything wrong with that.

I believe it looks slightly more detailed, but that's just me. It could be a psychological thing. I wonder if someone can dig up a HD copy of Fourth Stage in RAWs and compare to these shots.
dj_jm09
Posted: Aug 9 2012, 03:01 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 34,364

I absolutely cannot wait until Fifth Stage starts!!! I am really anticipating on watching the battles and hearing the new soundtrack that will be on the Fifth Stage!!! The soundtracks for each Initial D stage have always been on point!
keg11
Posted: Aug 9 2012, 03:36 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 38,131

Just a quick mock-up...

user posted image
Banken
Posted: Aug 9 2012, 03:41 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 22,465

It's probably the same model but with a better render.

Anyone notice how there doesn't seem to be any detail on the back side of the wheels?... I could be wrong though.

You can see that the tires are Potenza RE-11s in the picture though, based on the tread. LOL.

Although I think they used the same tread design in Fourth Stage...
xan2116
Posted: Aug 9 2012, 04:13 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 38,023

Hells Yes! This is great, as im just finnishing watching all the series a second time and got a little sad after each episode, but no longer!
Can't god damn wait!
RedsunsF1
Posted: Aug 9 2012, 05:19 AM

Nasa UT | Global Time Attack | AWD Limited

Member No.: 38,401

#uck yeah!!!!!!!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Septic
Posted: Aug 9 2012, 05:41 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 30,674

Just came on (after YEARS!) to say that I got the email that the Fifth Stage was announced (ON MY BDAY!) WOHOO!! I honestly cannot wait!
Saxifrage

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 36,872

QUOTE (Perry @ 2 hours, 50 minutes ago)
I believe it looks slightly more detailed, but that's just me. It could be a psychological thing. I wonder if someone can dig up a HD copy of Fourth Stage in RAWs and compare to these shots.

I think so too.And the fog lights' colour seem to be more yellowish.I think the taillights do look more realistic.
Solid Snake

A Legend in my Own Mind

Member No.: 599

Wahoo! 5th Stage! Finally!
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums

54 Pages  « 6 7 8 9 10 »