Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Mega NRG Man - Transmission

4 Pages  1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 9,823  ·  Replies: 95 
> The banning of flohtingPoint, Detailed explanation
Perry
  Posted: Jun 27 2012, 10:10 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Spaz, Trust me when I say I've been down that path before and not just once. You already said you understand the logic behind the decision, so going against that would be "illogical." Yes, I completely understand majority of decisions made in the real world are "illogical" also, because things in real life aren't black and white as we wish them to be.

I've been in similar situations where you are in right now, when the whole team was against my decision. I went behind my team and everyone else to undo what the system was built to do. The system was put in place for a purpose. I believe fighting the system for one person is just not worth the fight. At the end, people are not going to respect you if you can't even respect the system you are enforcing. I believe I've embarrassed myself enough now. Take what you can from my experience.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Smikey
Posted: Jun 27 2012, 10:24 PM

dafuq
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MAYOR
Member No.: 14,329

I say community vote. Simply put, I was given the same treatment for being a long time member. At least that was my interpretation of the situation.

If majority votes he should come back then they understand the way he is and are not at all bothered by it. However, this is under the notion he is made aware of the circumstances and makes a conscience(conscious) effort to keep his attitude in check to an extent, at least towards those who will take offensive to it.

People can change their attitudes on how they post after coming back from being banned. Many on this board are living, breathing, and typing examples of it.

-Mike

This post has been edited by Smikey on Jun 27 2012, 10:25 PM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Spaz
Posted: Jun 27 2012, 10:40 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (Perry @ 29 minutes, 29 seconds ago)
Spaz, Trust me when I say I've been down that path before and not just once. You already said you understand the logic behind the decision, so going against that would be "illogical." Yes, I completely understand majority of decisions made in the real world are "illogical" also, because things in real life aren't black and white as we wish them to be.

I've been in similar situations where you are in right now, when the whole team was against my decision. I went behind my team and everyone else to undo what the system was built to do. The system was put in place for a purpose. I believe fighting the system for one person is just not worth the fight. At the end, people are not going to respect you if you can't even respect the system you are enforcing. I believe I've embarrassed myself enough now. Take what you can from my experience.

This is getting to a point where I can't justify my justifications in open forum. Mods/Perry/Tessou, I will be posting on the mod board shortly.

To everyone else, I want it made clear that I'm not fighting the decision nor the system, and that I can logically agree with both as publicly written.
kyonpalm
Posted: Jun 28 2012, 03:42 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Spaz @ 6 hours, 4 minutes ago)
The context of floh's ban was that he made a simple joking statement that referenced the admin/mod team (myself included, remember) as "cockbags." You guys are free to use my above paragraph to interpret this one however you see fit.

No, the context of his ban was all the other disrespect and countless incidents before. This was just the cockbag that broke the camel's back (pardon the joke.)

I know you're taking this to the staff section now, but I needed to say this here for the public to see. We don't ban members for one-shot incidents.
Tessou
Posted: Jun 28 2012, 06:19 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (Smikey @ 7 hours, 55 minutes ago)
People can change their attitudes on how they post after coming back from being banned. Many on this board are living, breathing, and typing examples of it.

Those ones typically are the ones that are willing to listen to reason. Those that are too stubborn will never change.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Steve
Posted: Jun 28 2012, 07:30 AM

IDW Saiyan

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,205

I feel like if enough people feel like he shouldn't be banned, then maybe the staff should re-consider his ban. A poll would be perfect for this, Perry.

However, my problem isn't with Spaz. It just so happened that he was a perfectly example of hypocrisy. Lately, a handful of members have been hypocritical with some of the forum guidelines and it's really unwelcoming. Maybe some members need to refresh their minds and (re)read the rules.
Wanderer
Posted: Jun 28 2012, 07:47 AM

The Watcher

Member No.: 35,816

Okay, obviously the 24hour bump limit failed right here.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 28 2012, 07:49 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Too much partying, Steve? awesome.gif

Jardim
Posted: Jun 28 2012, 08:45 AM

Willing to throw 5's on the blunt your smoking.

Member No.: 15,519

The way i see it, If you didnt ride go karts, participate in AutoX or never drove the ring you knew nothing about driving, racing, and you were a chump. Yeah thats not a nice thing to say and that really pissed me off. He doesn't know people's abilities as a driver, he judges everyone based on HIS perspective of life which is ridiculous. Not only that, he seemed to have a problem with drifting, which belive it or not guys, takes skill to peform. Other than that he was smart and he knew what he was talking about, something he knew for himself and i guess thats what caused him to become such a cocky old grumpy douchebag who needed to get laid instead of picking on people 10 years younger than him.

If he ever comes back he does not have my respect and i would like if he never replied to anything i post because his contribution will be equivalent to shit in a toilet.

If i sounded a bit harsh, or douchey, please forgive me but thats what i think of the guy now and if he changed his attitude towards other members then i might of taken him differently.

This post has been edited by Jardim on Jun 28 2012, 08:48 AM
Tessou
Posted: Jun 28 2012, 08:47 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

If the rules were being used overzealously to warn people, the warn list would be a lot bigger, and we'd have a ton of recent mod activity to show for it. But we don't. The last warns were handed out three days ago for some spamming, which is relatively minor. The warn before that? Two months ago.

Behold! 'Tis true!
Möbius
Posted: Jun 29 2012, 06:16 PM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (Jardim @ Yesterday, 11:45 AM)
The way i see it, If you didnt ride go karts, participate in AutoX or never drove the ring you knew nothing about driving, racing, and you were a chump.

Actually, that is not true. I have never professed to do any of those, and he did not consider me a "chump".

However, I digress...

Considering the fact that he probably does not care at all about being banned or not, this is a lot of hoopla over nothing.
backalleyracer
Posted: Jul 7 2012, 12:14 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 7,122

I will say this - he brought a very strong and opinionated view on many subjects. Not just cars. He is a strong willed person, and hoped that others would see his light.

For me, it was rough at first hearing his comments especially considering what I do (I am one of those drifter fags who would call out... as well as an rx7 owner... double no no). And although at first, it was aggravating to hear such things - after a while, it really did makes sense to his comments.

Most of the scene are idiots, who are not interested in proper set ups... at all. End of story. After racing for a few years, I realized this and see his points now.

But I still do not feel the manner of which he proceeded to express his opinions were valid. Technically, there were many situations were he should have been warned, but wasn't - probably due to his sagacity in the realm of automotive knowledge. There is a different way to tell people, "you should do this, not that" in my eyes.

I learned a lot from him, and even though I hardly post these days, I lurk pretty much everyday about all the posts in the auto sections, and sometimes others - it took me a week to realize he was banned as I was used to not seeing him post too often anyway.

I began to like him when I realized almost everything he said was actually correct - but the way he said it was not. And that was probably a few years ago.

I am not a mod around here, and I do not post enough to have any level of power, but I have run clans, various other forums, and websites... In my opinion, a temp ban would be suffice, but that's just me.

I sure hope he returns someday.
Möbius
Posted: Jul 8 2012, 05:44 PM

IDW Top Poster

Shouldn't this thread be in Feedback and Support, or should that thread be in this section?
kyonpalm
Posted: Jul 8 2012, 05:49 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Möbius @ 5 minutes, 24 seconds ago)
Shouldn't this thread be in Feedback and Support, or should that thread be in this section?

That's a good point, you're right. I will also move the public opinion poll...
Möbius
Posted: Jul 8 2012, 05:53 PM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 3 minutes, 21 seconds ago)
That's a good point, you're right. I will also move the public opinion poll...

Thanks man, that was fast. smile.gif
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Jul 8 2012, 05:57 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Hey give us some credit here. Kyon and I are both on the mod team, we keep an eye on things constantly. I was about to move the thread but he beat me to it. I think I would have gotten to it first if only I was on a computer. Oh the joys of fumbling around on a smartphone. derp.gif

Möbius
Posted: Jul 8 2012, 05:59 PM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 1 minute, 56 seconds ago)
Hey give us some credit here. Kyon and I are both on the mod team, we keep an eye on things constantly. I was about to move the thread but he beat me to it. I think I would have gotten to it first if only I was on a computer. Oh the joys of fumbling around on a smartphone. derp.gif

I used to moderate and administrate on a smartphone, you don't have to tell me about the joys of that...

( A lot of times I would just contact a mod that was available on a PC to take action tongue.gif )
kyonpalm
Posted: Jul 8 2012, 06:03 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Yes, I know that feel too. It's not too hard on an iPhone though, so I don't mind doing mod work on it. I just prefer a PC, but mobile stuff isn't impossible either.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Jul 8 2012, 06:07 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Yeah I know. The mobile skin works wonders on the Android OS but I'm still working on finding out where all the buttons are and such. Also my phone's wifi connection breaks up at random times. You don't know how many times I've typed up a long post only to have the internet crap out, on me. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by THE_HONDA_CG2 on Jul 8 2012, 06:11 PM
Möbius
Posted: Jul 8 2012, 06:09 PM

IDW Top Poster

"Kids these days..."

Try using a SE P910 running Symbian. tongue.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 8 2012, 07:40 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Möbius @ 1 hour, 31 minutes ago)
"Kids these days..."

Try using a SE P910 running Symbian. tongue.gif

>2012
>still using a Symbian phone

Go talk to Sensation! about that. derp.gif
Möbius
Posted: Jul 9 2012, 01:20 AM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 5 hours, 40 minutes ago)
>2012
>still using a Symbian phone

Go talk to Sensation! about that. derp.gif

laugh2.gif

Read a few posts up, it's from years back.

I have a Galaxy SII now. smile.gif
crazym4n
Posted: Jul 11 2012, 01:00 PM

cruisin

Member No.: 29,529

Good riddance. All he did was call me a lazy stoner.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 11 2012, 04:56 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (crazym4n @ 3 hours, 55 minutes ago)
Good riddance. All he did was call me a lazy stoner.

I don't think he was the only one. Is this the start of a glorious crusade, Herr Stoner!? user posted image

...shit, there's no smiley-with-a-hitler-stache to put at the end. Awww. Thanks, Carver!

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Jul 11 2012, 06:53 PM
Möbius
Posted: Jul 11 2012, 04:56 PM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 38 seconds ago)
I don't think he was the only one. Is this the start of a glorious crusade, Herr Stoner!?

...shit, there's no smiley-with-a-hitler-stache to put at the end. Awww.

I am right on that one, should be easy. derp.gif

4 Pages  1 2 3 4