Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing D-Team - Speed Car

Important Rules
user posted imageNOTE : All pinned topics were replaced by one main topic that links to important topics. Check that topic out first before starting a new one. Please read the thread (Competition) - General Rules before making a challenge topic. All challenge threads must adhere to the example challenge format. All competitions are based on a honor system, lying about your lap times could earn you an actual warning. Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums. Any inflammatory comments, flaming and flame baiting will not be tolerated. Violators will be issued an actual warning. These forums are for friendly competitions.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 7,024  ·  Replies: 18 
> GT5 1.07 Is a f**king disgrace!
Kamui
    Posted: Feb 25 2011, 12:50 AM

Abba Zaba, you my only friend!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 469

They may as well take away the gifting part of the game all together, and who the hell is Sony to say that I cannot trade/Gift certain cars worth over one million CP to someone else. f**k you Sony, I am finished with GT5, Just made a disgrace of yourself, to save a few bucks cause people have been flogging cars online.GT5 can eat a dick.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Jdmyo93
Posted: Feb 26 2011, 09:22 AM

Feelin a little furry?

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,392

blink.gif
mad man is mad...
am3pkcet
Posted: Feb 26 2011, 01:47 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

Member No.: 2,853

I was finished with GT5 a week after it launched. It was a disappointment from day one.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Feb 27 2011, 05:39 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

I'm kinda happy for it.

Teaches kids to get good. I noticed less "help! i cant beat sunday cup, can i have a X2010" topics on gamefaqs and other sites.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Feb 27 2011, 05:39 PM
Shirogane
Posted: Feb 28 2011, 10:54 PM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Member No.: 17,722

QUOTE (momoji @ Feb 25 2011, 01:50 AM)
They may as well take away the gifting part of the game all together, and who the hell is Sony to say that I cannot trade/Gift certain cars worth over one million CP to someone else. f**k you Sony, I am finished with GT5, Just made a disgrace of yourself, to save a few bucks cause people have been flogging cars online.GT5 can eat a dick.

Not trying to be a douche, but...
user posted image
If you're so irritated over a video game, why in God's name did you buy it. facepalm.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 1 2011, 07:32 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Ken Nōgami @ 8 hours, 38 minutes ago)
Not trying to be a douche, but...
http://videogum.com/img/thumbnails/photos/you_mad.jpg
If you're so irritated over a video game, why in God's name did you buy it. facepalm.gif

You must've missed that part where he's talking about the latest version of the game--an entire seven revisions beyond the original release--where they removed a feature that had been present since the beginning. rolleyes.gif

Personally, the game was a disappointment from day one... but I can see where Kamui's coming from on this.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Kamui
  Posted: Mar 1 2011, 01:42 PM

It is wrong for PD for trying to force gamers to play the game exactly the way they want.
And V 1.07 proved that. Some may disagree with my rant above, but we payed our hard earned money to enjoy a game and we should be entitled to play it the way we want , whether it be trading cars with others or gifting expensive cars to friends.I recently gifted a extra Ferrari 330 P4 to Alastair because I had a duplicate.But PD will not even allow us to do that anymore, if they want to do something useful with the next update they should increase the winning prices for events.So we do not have to grind for hours on end and come out with nothing in the end.
Thereno
Posted: Mar 1 2011, 02:40 PM

Vote TheReno 2020

Member No.: 17,243

I quit playing GT5 after 1.06 came out and destroyed the winnings you get from the races. I thought they increased those winnings so you could actually afford to get some of the cars required for certain races without having to run the same race 10 times through.

That mixed with the "winning the Vitz race, you win a Vitz!". Why do I need another one? There are no other Vitz races. My next race is a Japanese Classic, pre-1970 car from Japan is what I need. Give me a damn 68 Bluebird. Give me something that qualifies for another race, not for the race I just did. Doing that makes me have to race a track 10 times to get money to afford the next car after I sell the useless 2nd Vitz (worth a whopping $3k, if anything). That makes the game nothing but a grind, and that is boring.

I've noticed a trend in their updates. Instead of fixing the 20 page list of major flaws in the game, they have decided to start cutting out the features that people like. 1.08 will probably take out Nürburgring. And their excuse will probably be that the shadows aren't right.

Fortunately Forza 4 comes out later this year, and since 3 is still twice as good as GT5, FM4 will be awesome.
RalliKai
Posted: Mar 1 2011, 05:01 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

Rented GT5 through Gamefly and honestly don't have much of a desire to picking it up, atleast not for awhile. Only racing game I'll be looking forward to now is Dirt 3. I still have GT3 and 4 to play if I feel like it. wink2.gif
am3pkcet
Posted: Mar 1 2011, 05:23 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

Member No.: 2,853

QUOTE (momoji @ 3 hours, 40 minutes ago)
It is wrong for PD for trying to force gamers to play the game exactly the way they want.

This is PD we are talking about here. I wouldn't expect anything less from them. rolleyes.gif
Kamui
  Posted: Mar 1 2011, 06:11 PM

I think I will sell or trade my copy of GT5 and just finish off Forza 3 and wait for the four installment of Forza.

This post has been edited by momoji on Mar 1 2011, 06:11 PM
Phantom_R32
Posted: Mar 3 2011, 02:47 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

I don't know why everyone is so upset about 1.07..

From what I hear, they're adding an online auction house soon. Sounds like a fair deal to me.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Mar 3 2011, 02:48 PM
Kamui
  Posted: Mar 3 2011, 02:53 PM

Well, that sounds like a plan maybe it will please the people who are annoyed with the recent updates.
BlackSubaru
Posted: Mar 17 2011, 02:11 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 27,007

ill take your used copy. $40 gamestop giftcard good for trade?

if i do play the game, it will probably only for photos of the ONLY 3RDGEN CAMARO THAT HAS EVER BEEN IN GRAN TURISMO, SINCE GT4... and then ill find a used xbox to play with a real 3rdgen camaro,a nd not a crappy concept car.
Thereno
Posted: Mar 17 2011, 06:44 PM

Vote TheReno 2020

Member No.: 17,243

QUOTE (BlackSubaru @ 4 hours, 33 minutes ago)
ill take your used copy. $40 gamestop giftcard good for trade?

if i do play the game, it will probably only for photos of the ONLY 3RDGEN CAMARO THAT HAS EVER BEEN IN GRAN TURISMO, SINCE GT4... and then ill find a used xbox to play with a real 3rdgen camaro,a nd not a crappy concept car.

Sold.

Seriously, pm me details on where the game is going, I'll take a $40 Gamestop card for it.
RIT_ninja
Posted: Apr 4 2011, 01:54 AM

ざけんなよ!

Member No.: 13,218

6 years...PD
and then you release a game to tell me to "grind on this"
Phantom_R32
Posted: Apr 4 2011, 09:41 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

There's really no pont in grinding. I don't get why people think they need to grind. Once you get to lvl 30 (which is pretty easy to get to) thats about all you need. Some people think the damage gets better at Lvl 40, but it doesn't. It's the same crappy damage. Only difference is that your car gets damaged quicker.
Sobær
Posted: Jun 23 2011, 02:08 PM

x.a Sobær Design.x

Member No.: 1,241

Pfft, I still love it. Why do you need to trade cars, when someone can just put the car online, and you can "rent" it, or whatever? O_o I don't get why people are so upset because thats all I do now, is just borrow the car thats online, and bam. Good to go.
cncfan
Posted: Aug 5 2011, 06:40 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,202

It's a great game but the bottom line is that GT3 is the most fun of the series.