Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Galla - Kimi ga Iru (TV Edit)

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

97 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 400,933  ·  Replies: 2,411 
> Initial D Live-Action Movie, Official Thread - merged topics!
tUrB0
  Posted: Nov 12 2003, 05:52 PM

Tiu lei lou mou chao hai

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 982

read in the newspapers recently that chinese singer Jay Chou is going to star in Initial D. they say he has the lead role, which means he'll be playing Takumi...... pinch2.gif pinch2.gif
FD3S
Posted: Nov 12 2003, 06:35 PM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 591

initial d movie?
Takumi 86
Posted: Nov 13 2003, 02:44 AM

Unregistered

LOL, i actually havent heard of him... but has the movie started production yet?
Phantom
Posted: Nov 13 2003, 10:46 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 688

if this is true then it flips my logic..i always thought of him as a pop singer pretty boy...if he really is goin to play takumi...then it will change my whole view of him. jays cool though i enjoy his music alot
Indecisive
Posted: Nov 13 2003, 01:40 PM

the deranged one

Member No.: 34

jay chow rules..........music. iono how he'll be as takumi tho....
Phantom
Posted: Nov 13 2003, 02:31 PM

IDW God Member

well he does come off looking lazy and sleepy all the time >.< and he does have that hair takumi has cuz wit a ton of gel and hes young enough i dont see why he wouldnt b picked for takumi...idk bout his driving skillz >.<
hope he gets it though...it'll be kool
Indecisive
Posted: Nov 13 2003, 05:30 PM

the deranged one

Member No.: 34

man..you think they gonna let actors try and drive themselves? They're prolly gonna get professional drivers driving instead.
Phantom
Posted: Nov 13 2003, 05:44 PM

IDW God Member

ya his life is worth more then the car hes goin 2 drive >.< anyways on screen it'll look like hes driving so i dont mater to me anyways. and one more thing...not wanting to sound sceptical but where did turbo get this info from? a newspaper..? seems vague to me, lets have some evidence buddy! >.< post the artical in the newspaper.let me read it for my self then ill believe you!...that was a really seceptial statement... o well
Toshi
Posted: Nov 13 2003, 06:38 PM

Crash Test Dummy

Member No.: 309

just hope tp dont make it american and dub it with ricer exhaust like they did to the anime!
Wes
Posted: Nov 13 2003, 09:45 PM

^ tokyopop lover ^

Member No.: 511

yea i hope so too. very very much.
TireSlip
Posted: Nov 14 2003, 10:36 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 897

easy....get tsuchiya to drive and photoshop jay chous head in
TRD-hachi-roku
Posted: Nov 14 2003, 08:29 PM

Terror of da Nitez

Member No.: 383

lolz, jay chou's koo, he has that ordinary look of takumi, except wen he's being koo and looks at u hella cocky...overalll i really enjoy jay chou's music, he's one of the better chinese singers out there...beautiful voice..
killerenergy
Posted: Nov 14 2003, 09:59 PM

Hi!

Member No.: 152

QUOTE (Phantom @ Nov 13 2003, 05:42 PM)
ya his life is worth more then the car hes goin 2 drive >.< anyways on screen it'll look like hes driving so i dont mater to me anyways. and one more thing...not wanting to sound sceptical but where did turbo get this info from? a newspaper..? seems vague to me, lets have some evidence buddy! >.< post the artical in the newspaper.let me read it for my self then ill believe you!...that was a really seceptial statement... o well

personaly I just might take that car over his life....
tUrB0
  Posted: Nov 14 2003, 10:05 PM

Tiu lei lou mou chao hai

Member No.: 982

it is said that the sho will be shown/made next year. they may be just talking cock(means trash talking in my local language) but if it does come out, i'm gonna watch it. one line from the article read:'based on a popular japanese comic, it features fast car like Jaguars.' UGHHHH! Jaguars?! I thought it'was Honda, Mazda and Nissan... sheesh! pinch2.gif
Takumi 86
Posted: Nov 14 2003, 10:14 PM

Unregistered

it is... there are alot of others that i cant be bothered going through now though...
KenshinX
Posted: Nov 15 2003, 11:50 AM

Dark Hitokiri

Member No.: 186

Interesting...... I have heard of Jay Chou before.

Still a popular C-pop singer eh? I don't know how he would fit in the role of Takumi, assuming that the live action movie is going to be made in the next year or so.

Either way, we'll see how it turns out then. Obviously, they would probably get a stunt driver or extra to do most of the drifting sequences, providing that they value Jay's life, lol. laugh.gif

On-screen it may seem he is driving, probably going to do some technical elements behind it. Meh..... I dunno.

TyPe-R
Posted: Nov 16 2003, 12:54 AM

San Diego's S - Family

Member No.: 387

well, i imagine we'll see soon enough!
Kamui
Posted: Nov 16 2003, 08:08 AM

Abba Zaba, you my only friend!

Member No.: 469

i think they where keeping the same voice cast not changing it
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Allsop
Posted: Nov 27 2003, 02:50 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 1,053

Take a look at this thread 11/10 Jay to be Male Lead in the film "Initial D"; shooting starts March 2004

They have the article and translation

11/10 Jay appears on-screen for the first time in Initial D

2003/11/10 Hong Kong Apple Daily
user posted image

Allsop
Posted: Nov 27 2003, 03:09 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 1,053

Used little cut and paste... I just couldn't help it smile.gif

Jay appears on-screen for the first time in ¡°Initial D¡±
Translation: wackycashew - www.jay-chou.net

2003/11/10 Hong Kong Apple Daily

Car-racing with Edison Chen, competing to be hip and cool
Jay appears on-screen for the first time in ¡°Initial D¡±

Reporters: Chan Yuet Mei, Lok Wah Ling

Jay is a standard car lover. Usually, he loves to drive his Jaguar sports car in place of walking.

Jay, who usually likes to drive his sports car, should be familiar with the car-racing shots when filming.

The long wait of China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan fans is finally over. They¡¯ve been looking forward to enjoying Jay to be in his first movie in a debut role. This dream will finally come true next year. This is because in March of next year, Tsui Hark will start shooting the movie version of ¡°Initial D¡±. The male lead, Takumi Fujiwara, will be played by Jay. The role of Takumi¡¯s opponent, Ryosuke Takahashi, will be filled by Edison Chen.

Quite a number of film companies have had their eye on the Taiwan popular artist, Jay, for quite a while now. They all want to successfully invite him to act in a debut role. It¡¯s a pity that they have not been successful. According to reliable sources in Taiwan, recently Jay was finally moved by the sincerity of the director of Media Asia Films Ltd., Lam Kin Ngok, and director Tsui Hark. He has promised to star in the new film ¡°Initial D¡±, which will start shooting in March of next year and his salary for this film will be $4,000,000 HKD. ¡°Initial D¡± is adapted from the Japanese manga with the same name. Due to the fact that that manga is highly popular in Hong Kong and Japan, therefore, there are quite a number of dedicated fans. And Tsui Hark is also one of these fans. About a year ago, the plans for doing the film adaptation had already begun. But they hadn¡¯t been able to find a suitable person for the role. Only until Tsui Hark noticed that Jay has a unique character did he decide that the male lead of Takumi Fujiwara must be played by him.

Step on the gas pedal! Dedicated car lover, excellent skills

Jay is a car lover himself. Usually he likes to drive his Jaguar sports car in place of walking. Whenever there are new cars on the market, he¡¯d go to the dealer to test-drive the new cars. Since Jay¡¯s driving skills are superb, the Taiwan paparazzi rarely can follow him. Surely, he will not be unfamiliar with the manga character of Takumi Fujiwara. Starring in ¡°Initial D¡± this time, Jay will certainly satisfy the craving for car-racing.

Getting ahead! Costs too high, Media Asia takes over

As for the other male lead in the manga, Ryosuke Takahashi, Media Asia would like Edison to play that role. The on-screen time of both male leads are fairly equal. As for the role of Takumi¡¯s girlfriend, Natsuki Mogi, they¡¯re planning on asking a Japanese or Korean actress to star in that role. In addition, Stephen Fung will play the role of another car-racer, Seiji Iwaki.

A few years ago, Andy Lau¡¯s film company, Teamwork Motion Pictures Ltd., had wanted to start the filming for ¡°Initial D¡±. The male lead of Takumi Fujiwara was supposed to by played by Edison, with Andy playing the role of his father, Bunta Fujiwara. However, because the cost was too high for the film, in the end, the project had to be terminated. Thereafter, Media Asia Films Ltd. had an interest in that film and invited Tsui Hark to be the director. Currently, Tsui Hark is arranging the movie script and the stars for the roles are being reconsidered.

The film, ¡°Initial D¡±, illustrates the story of the male lead, Takumi, who, starting from high school, was awoken early in the morning every day by his father -- Bunta, who is highly skilled in car-racing -- to drive and deliver tofu come wind or rain. Over time, Takumi¡¯s driving skills have been trained by his father, reaching an extraordinary level. Thereafter, Takumi even drove the Toyota AE 86 Trueno sports car to challenge car-racing experts, Ryosuke Takahashi, Seiji Iwaki, etc.

Taking over! First be a guest star to satisfy a bit of craving for acting

In ¡°Initial D¡±, there are plenty of exciting car-racing scenes. Tsui Hark had gone to Japan earlier to choose the filming sites. Other than actually filming car-racing scenes, there will also be special effects added to heighten the ¡°car-flying¡± effect. According to the costs calculated, the production of the film will be approximately $6,000,000 USD ($47,000,000 HKD). Besides Media Asia, there will also be a collaboration with a Japanese film company for the filming.

Edison, who is currently in England for the shooting of a new film by China director, A Gan, said yesterday over a long-distance phone call, ¡°The company had informed me earlier that I will be starring in this film. I know that the film has two male leads and the on-screen time is about the same. But I¡¯m not sure which role I¡¯m playing. When I get back on the 12th (day after tomorrow), I¡¯ll find out from the company. Being able to star in a big production, I¡¯m already very happy. As for the role, it¡¯s up to the director to arrange! Actually, I¡¯ve never seen this anime. I¡¯ll have to wait till I get back before I can find some time to watch it.¡±

This film, where Jay will star in a leading role, won¡¯t be in the theatres till next summer. But recently, he guest starred in the film ¡°Hidden Track¡± with Shawn Yue for a few scenes. Yesterday, he even specially came from Taiwan to Hong Kong to assist in the movie promotions. He arrived at the Hong Kong International Airport around 4:00p.m. There were 50 odd fans who went to greet him. Since there were only 5 security guards there, it led to some chaos.

Wes
Posted: Nov 27 2003, 05:15 PM

^ tokyopop lover ^

Member No.: 511

F**k yea!

what language is the movie going to be in??

Raiden
Posted: Nov 28 2003, 05:01 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 212

QUOTE (aznriceownz @ Nov 27 2003, 05:13 PM)
what language is the movie going to be in??

im guess cantonese? (being with hk actors and all)
lvl_R_2+
Posted: Nov 28 2003, 11:57 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 536

sorry to ask why don't they just get a japanese actor?
Jayson
Posted: Dec 10 2003, 05:14 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 32

it's gonna flop
alfroboi
Posted: Dec 19 2003, 07:29 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 532

i dont care who is gonna drive as long as the look like takumi and drives good.....

97 Pages  1 2 3 »