Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing counterattack!

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

21 Pages  « 5 6 7 8 9 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 272,858  ·  Replies: 509 
> Teknoparrot now supports ID4 through IDZ
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Aug 6 2017, 07:16 AM

Move it, bucko

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,311

Has anyone experienced an issue where the game launches but the aspect ratio doesn't change and it just quits right after it goes black for a few seconds? I reinstalled Windows on my laptop (which has an NVidia card) and it worked fine before but even with the dependencies installed (com0com and .Net framework) it keeps doing it.

This guy's video pretty much sums up what I'm experiencing:
YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iuh9lTXGLQM )
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 6 2017, 09:06 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

- Have you tried reinstalling the exact same Nvidia graphics driver as before when it worked? Sometimes different drivers have given different effects on the game.

- Might also want to check whether you have Teknoparrot set to "Run as Administrator". Most like you already are based on the "Resuming Game" command line screen seen but still one thing to double check just in case.

- Check your anti-virus or firewall settings and see whether it is preventing the exe from running. Mine is configured to pretty much block all exe that I did not pre-approve and prompt me each time.

- Also double check that the .exe file you're using matches your current screen resolution. Or rather since they all look the same, try to get the patch exe files with all the different file resolutions and copy paste the exe file that matches your resolution.

============

These are the only ones I can think off for the moment, haven't encountered it myself before. You might also want to consider going to the Teknogods Discord channel and ask somebody there.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Aug 6 2017, 09:19 AM
vegita8888
Posted: Aug 7 2017, 02:31 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,154

Hi all. It took some time but I finally was able to get my controller working. Coming from older Initial D games is tough. I was pretty good at 2 and 3 and ok at Extreme Stage even though I hated it. 6AA does feel better but I can't get the BC mechanic down for fast in fast out drifts. I guess it just takes practice and knowing where to initiate the drift? Anyway I know the card system is not emulated yet but I've seen people playing more than the first race in story mode. How are people doing that? I always get a game over screen.

Hey SonicSP would you please do a run of tsuchisaka for me? It was my favorite course in ver3 and would love to try and get good at it in this game but it's tough. If you don't have access to it already all you have to do is go to your TeknoParrot_0.8\Initial D 6AA\data\COURSE\COURSE_DATA.ini. Open it in whatever text editor you use and under course order swap akina lake and Tsuchisaka. This will add Tsuchi to the last slot in time attack and make akina lake unplayable. Thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by vegita8888 on Aug 7 2017, 02:46 AM
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 7 2017, 02:45 AM

Nagao Fanboy

If you play between 12AM and around 9AM, the game won't let you play more than one game before forcing you back to Title screen.

If you happen to be playing at those hours, you will need to change the PC time to bypass this. This is due to an arcade midnight setting that we can't change yet and will be fixed in the next update.

Also, to make sure you can BC well, make sure your accel and pedal axis on your controllers are not combined. I think you will need to use Direct Input or something as opposed to XInput. Might need the controller users to tell you confirm the details cos I only used controller for a short while.

======

As for Tsuchisaka run, I might be able to do one later (I'm a bit busy lately), however it's important to note that the "locked" maps physics are not constant in this version we are playing.

From what I read, the gearing and golden drift point will act differently based on the course you "replaced" with the locked courses. If I were to replace Lake Akina with Tsuchisaka for example, the Tsuchisaka I play with be played with Lake Akina gearing and drift points. But if somebody else were to replace - for example, Myogi with Tsuchisaka-, they will get a Tsuchisaka with Myogi's physics which will be very very different from Tsuchisaka with Lake Akina's physics.

This is in contrast with all of the normal unlocked courses of the game, which have their own gearing, max speed and gold drift physics. When these locked courses were unlocked in later versions of D6, they were given their own proper gearing and drift points.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Aug 7 2017, 03:02 AM
vegita8888
Posted: Aug 7 2017, 03:02 AM

IDW Member

Good to know. I'll just stick to the normal unlocked courses for now then. Guess I need to get a wheel. I'll play Tsuchi for fun but there is no point in learning it if it's going to be different later. What course do you recommend for new players?
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 7 2017, 03:08 AM

Nagao Fanboy

As for new player courses, I recommend Usui and Akina DH. Just practice on achieving the gold drifts without hitting the walls, because the gold drifts give you a speed boost right afterwards. The trick is total brake very very quickly then after the initiation, controller the car with the steer and accel.

Also enable Stooz driving improvement if haven't. That will help you steer the car better on a controller.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Aug 7 2017, 03:09 AM
agunimon
  Posted: Aug 7 2017, 03:44 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 25,493

Can some post a guide to unlock all the hidden course? I tried but failed facepalm.gif
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 9 2017, 01:52 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Does anybody know what is the name of the music files of the car selection menu, course selection menu and post race menu? I'm thinking of adjusting their volumes and they are a gazillion sound files.

========
Nagao UH AE86T - 3'01"475

YOUTUBE ( https://youtu.be/nr93G1qeu_0 )

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Aug 9 2017, 02:38 PM
thestreetzking
Posted: Aug 14 2017, 04:12 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 28,571

hey guys, please disregard my stupidity if this has been answered.

I got this up and running, currently using a 360 controller but I have a t500 ill use once this pc is back on my racing rig.

My game is running at insane speeds. even though the timer seems correct? and When I use the interior view it shows me like im looking through the back window.

For the frame rate issue I had to throttle it down to 60 with MSI Afterburner, game runs great. '
But on my s13 only I cant use interior view, it shows the back of the car.

AND

My mini map does not work at all

This post has been edited by thestreetzking on Aug 14 2017, 05:16 PM
Takeshi Nakazato
Posted: Aug 14 2017, 05:31 PM

ER34 <3

Member No.: 2,412

I just discovered this, glad to playing ID again after so long
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 14 2017, 06:10 PM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (thestreetzking @ 1 hour, 58 minutes ago)
hey guys, please disregard my stupidity if this has been answered.

I got this up and running, currently using a 360 controller but I have a t500 ill use once this pc is back on my racing rig.

My game is running at insane speeds. even though the timer seems correct? and When I use the interior view it shows me like im looking through the back window.

For the frame rate issue I had to throttle it down to 60 with MSI Afterburner, game runs great. '
But on my s13 only I cant use interior view, it shows the back of the car.

AND

My mini map does not work at all

Are you using an AMD graphics card? AMD cards have compatibility issues with this game, including the minimap issue.
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Aug 14 2017, 06:12 PM

Move it, bucko

Okay, I got the game working again now but I cannot get gold drifts at all with a 360 controller (using XInput). I have the stooz setting on, but I don't know how to get more than a flashing drift on a corner. I tap the brakes and turn in, the car starts sliding and I hit the gas but I've never gotten a single gold. One of the guides says "pump the gas" and sometimes when I do that it gives me gold but I know that can't be it. I'm confused. Is it because the stock cars can't do it? Do I need to have a tuned up car for that?

This post has been edited by ZeetherKID77 on Aug 14 2017, 06:16 PM
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 14 2017, 06:21 PM

Nagao Fanboy

The stock cars can do it but a lot harder in most cases I believe.

I'm not a controller user anymore but I'm under the impression that you need to use Direct Input, because XInput combined the twin trigger axels into one axis. Might need someone who uses a controller input to comment though.
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Aug 14 2017, 06:28 PM

Move it, bucko

I might try DirectInput because I did actually get gold drifts sometimes with it by pumping the gas. It seems really hard to do brake cancel with a controller though, I hope someone who plays on pad can chime in on how to do it. I've seen that one Akina video earlier in the thread and the controller cam seems to show the player turning, letting off the gas, tapping brake and then going back on the gas?

It's just such a huge difference from version 3 physics that I'm thrown off bad. I'm also probably turning wrong because I keep trying to counter steer and I don't think I should be.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

This post has been edited by ZeetherKID77 on Aug 14 2017, 06:49 PM
thestreetzking
Posted: Aug 15 2017, 01:50 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 28,571

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 7 hours, 40 minutes ago)
Are you using an AMD graphics card? AMD cards have compatibility issues with this game, including the minimap issue.

Yeah, I did use the AMD fix but I'm guessing this is still why I have issues. I don't understand why the s13 interior does not work, every interior camera should be the same right?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 15 2017, 05:50 AM

Nagao Fanboy

You might want to try different versions of IdLogger (the AMD fix I believe) and see whether it helps.

The original game PC runs on a Nvidia card, hence why this game has trouble running on AMD cards. I don't know about the interior view thing but the minimap issue has no fix yet. I think they're working on it though.
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Aug 15 2017, 06:09 AM

Move it, bucko

I guess I'll have to mess with tuning to see if that can work for gold drifts. Hopefully card support comes around soon so I don't have to deal with the memory address stuff.

Also for some reason the view change button also acts as a select button for me on my pad? It makes it hard to pick the right song.
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 15 2017, 11:30 AM

Nagao Fanboy

That's a bug that sometimes happen. You might want to delete your current settings xml file and the make a new one.

After deleting the xml file, just go to Teknoparrot settings, do what you usually do, then click on Save Settings and a new xml will be generated.
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 16 2017, 12:36 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Akina DH - AE86T - 2'56"149

YOUTUBE ( https://youtu.be/TT3BLyQ8CjA )

I like this Wheeler program. Much nicer overlay.

Full rotation settings set at 540 degrees, IE 270 on each side. Full left turn 3 o'clock, full right turn 9 o'clock.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Aug 16 2017, 12:48 PM
Falbere
Posted: Aug 18 2017, 09:49 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOvA1-nxIG4 )
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
vegita8888
Posted: Aug 19 2017, 01:06 AM

IDW Member

Thanks so much for the fix Falbere. I primarily play at night so this helped me alot.
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Aug 22 2017, 04:35 PM

Move it, bucko

I figured out why I couldn't get gold drifts...I kept forgetting to shift down. Oops.
gns64
Posted: Aug 22 2017, 09:04 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 30,722

QUOTE (SonicSP @ Aug 9 2017, 01:52 PM)
Does anybody know what is the name of the music files of the car selection menu, course selection menu and post race menu? I'm thinking of adjusting their volumes and they are a gazillion sound files.

select01, select02, result01 and result02 which isn't used as far as I can tell.

This post has been edited by gns64 on Aug 22 2017, 09:06 PM
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Aug 29 2017, 01:33 PM

Move it, bucko

TeknoParrot has a new version out, stability fixes for 6AA are among the changes. Gonna try it now.

Edit: Just a note, if you want to add the game's path you use DumbJvsSettings.exe now for it, not the main settings in DumbJvsManager.

Edit 2: Okay, don't try 1.0 yet guys, the game flat out just won't work because the dreaded card reader error comes up...

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 672 x 257. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by ZeetherKID77 on Aug 29 2017, 01:57 PM
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 29 2017, 05:28 PM

Nagao Fanboy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpofyt9orzhcc1g/E2PROM.bin?dl=0

Download and put this in your main folder and it should solve the card reader error.

21 Pages  « 5 6 7 8 9 »