Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Chris T. - I Wanna Be The Night

Important Rules
NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,951  ·  Replies: 20 
> help!, beating cid(or sid ) on usai
Keisuke_Takahashi
  Posted: Feb 18 2004, 11:47 PM

You wont be in my mirrors after 2 more corners

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,233

QUOTE (Rayn @ Feb 19 2004, 05:29 PM)
just run clean and you'll easily beat him.  if youve got to gear down.  no wall hits= easy win

well i can make a clean run except for one corner
its that really narrow corner(a U-shape)
and i dont get what u mean by "if youve got to gear down."

This post has been edited by Keisuke_Takahashi on Feb 19 2004, 12:47 AM
[ Mizerok ]
Posted: Feb 19 2004, 02:12 AM

I Fabrikat w3rDs!!!

Member No.: 1,237

If you can stay above or near 160 then you will have no problem.
GC8VIP
Posted: Feb 19 2004, 05:19 AM

22B

Member No.: 973

before going into that turn get off the gas. and turn the wheel to the left
(i am guessing that you are talkin the first turn) if you slow down to about 160 or lower you should be able to take it just fine
Jason_H.
Posted: Feb 19 2004, 05:44 AM

Safe On Block

Member No.: 1,239

Yeah. Its when you go below 150 on straights that the bumhugger catches up. Just leave the walls alone and everyone will get their goodies.
SWAT-Son
Posted: Feb 19 2004, 08:17 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,185

the hardest part on that trrack for me personally is that really sharp (for usui) v-turn. i dunno the "real" way to do it, but i jus gear down, turn the wheel, and press/let go of the gas as needed. as everyones been saying you gotta be able to go fast on all the straights and attack the inside at the right times(apex line ya kno?)
EvilBahamut
Posted: Feb 20 2004, 09:49 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 1,278

Keep a constant speed and DO NOT HIT WALL!!! if you hit the wall its basically a win for the Comp. since its rainign you should break and drift i guess....but shift to lower gear first and then when your clear go back up 1 gear
Jason_H.
Posted: Feb 20 2004, 11:03 PM

Safe On Block

Member No.: 1,239

Just added misc info. Automatic makes this 1000000 times harder.
Isolator FC
Posted: Feb 21 2004, 12:10 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 1,215

Unless I'm getting mixed up, you don't need to downshift on the hairpin after C-120. Just brake early and then accel through.

Also, remember that you don't need to brake or accel off on C-120 itself. Just turn hard.

I'm speaking personally from experience. I was running a great race against Sid with my FC when I screwed up and hit a wall. Sid passed me shortly after (of course), but I was actually able to PASS HIM by braking, NOT downshifting, and accelerating straight through that third pin. It was a LOT faster.

If you're already doing fine on those two hairpins and your problem is hitting walls on another of the hairpins, brake, downshift, release the brake, accel while turning through the corner, then upshift.

In summary, remember what Keisuke says when he beats you at Irohazaka: "You can't take every turn the same way." See what works best for each corner.

Hope this helps.

edit: My bad. It's C-121 (I think?), not C-120

This post has been edited by Isolator FC on Feb 21 2004, 02:05 AM
Kev
Posted: Feb 21 2004, 08:31 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 571

Well since computers dont hit walls no matter what, they have fast exit speeds and can speed away quickly in the straights. If youre taking the hairpin fast, but slow ass exit speed, try a different technique. Since youre in the rain, for the hairpins, brake early. You dont really have to downshift in this map, but if you brake that mcuh i guess you should. DO NOT HIT THE WALLS. Thats all tehre is to it.

P.S. I couldnt really understand your explanation because C121 is a minor turn in Fake Usui, its nothing big...
Isolator FC
Posted: Feb 21 2004, 05:18 PM

IDW Regular Member

P.S. I couldnt really understand your explanation because C121 is a minor turn in Fake Usui, its nothing big...

You're right, but imho it's unlike any other minor turn. It's uniquely shaped and hence sometimes it throws newbies off. I remember going through several different phases of entry with C121 - an easy turn in, a drift/accel off method, out-in-out full accel, out-in-out drift...The main problem for me was hitting the wall on the opposite side, since the corner sharpens drastically after the apex.

I have no idea whether or not other people found/find C121 to be tricky, but my general advice, if was/is for them, was in the above post. Enter easy with full acceleration, and then turn hard at the apex.

Anyway, the main focus of Keisuke_Takahashi's question was the sharpest hairpin, which I think is the first one. I did provide suggestions (bad/good, who knows) for all three pins, just in case, but the main focus was on that first pin. Here it is again, in case it got lost in my blabbing

brake, downshift, release the brake, accel while turning through the corner, then upshift.

Remember that the FC is driftier than other cars, and so can still slide with pressure on the gas.

/me bows to Kraz, apologizing for my longwindedness wink2.gif
Kev
Posted: Feb 21 2004, 09:09 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (Isolator FC @ Feb 21 2004, 06:16 PM)

You're right, but imho it's unlike any other minor turn. It's uniquely shaped and hence sometimes it throws newbies off. I remember going through several different phases of entry with C121 - an easy turn in, a drift/accel off method, out-in-out full accel, out-in-out drift...The main problem for me was hitting the wall on the opposite side, since the corner sharpens drastically after the apex.

I have no idea whether or not other people found/find C121 to be tricky, but my general advice, if was/is for them, was in the above post. Enter easy with full acceleration, and then turn hard at the apex.

Anyway, the main focus of Keisuke_Takahashi's question was the sharpest hairpin, which I think is the first one. I did provide suggestions (bad/good, who knows) for all three pins, just in case, but the main focus was on that first pin. Here it is again, in case it got lost in my blabbing

brake, downshift, release the brake, accel while turning through the corner, then upshift.

Remember that the FC is driftier than other cars, and so can still slide with pressure on the gas.

/me bows to Kraz, apologizing for my longwindedness wink2.gif

lol ok. ahahahah no reason to suck up. grin2.gif The sharpest hairpni doesnt mean its the first turn, it depends which direction you're going.
Isolator FC
Posted: Feb 22 2004, 12:34 PM

IDW Regular Member

I thought that when you race somebody on LotS it's always in the same direction?
Kev
Posted: Feb 22 2004, 01:25 PM

IDW Goldmember

No. Umm, some people just go different ways. its really obvious on places that are uphill or downhill.
Hachi
Posted: Dec 5 2005, 09:39 PM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 14,082

Stay off the walls and you'll be fine
EA99
Posted: Dec 6 2005, 01:09 AM

woo happyface

Member No.: 5,162

OMFG HOW OLD IS THIS THREAD... more than 1 year dude.. obviously its been answered so stop spamming
APX
Posted: Dec 6 2005, 08:08 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

I should kill him...
J2.0
Posted: Dec 6 2005, 08:11 PM

2.0? wtf is that?

Member No.: 6,414

DIE, SPAMMER, DIE!!!!!!

rant.gif
IniTal LeGend
Posted: Apr 24 2006, 04:45 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 17,433

Well, the way i beat sid was on the very first U turn Shift down 1nce or twice and let off the gas, and if u feel ull go i nthw wall tap the brake then slam in gass let it Red in 4th and continue on to 5th, all u need 2 do on the turens is Get as low as possible, even if u gota grip, if u drift 2 much, or hit the rail, ur like dead and there is VERY little hope for you
cyber_monkey91
Posted: Apr 24 2006, 04:54 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 16,564

here is what you do, i can do it in every car...alright downshift way early then turn INTO the guardrail and shift back into 5th at the end of the turn...its fun...
EA11R
Posted: Sep 20 2006, 07:16 PM

coffee break anyone?

Member No.: 15,978

Just do what I did...do everything else that you are capable of first and just wait until your car tunes itself enough so it beats him! A Basic Tune should be enough in most cases. Also: Wall contact is not entirely forbidden. A couple of light kisses are no sin whatsoever. It's when your crashes become violent enough for an engine peanalty that the Kei-car hits the NNNNAAAAAWWWWWZZZZZZ!!!! and you lose the battle!
Sil80Drifter
Posted: Oct 28 2006, 09:32 AM

#1 Street Fighter Fan

Member No.: 19,411

LOL IMAGINE HES STILL STUCK ON SID..