Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Manuel - Sun In The Rain

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 4,594  ·  Replies: 11 
> new to ID 6 AA! help me guy! =[, about AE86 full tune diff
chunlong92
  Posted: Jul 28 2011, 10:05 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,673

hey guys i would like to ask something abt ID 6 AA treuno AE86... wad is the diff between these 2 tunings fr the AE86:

1. I notice some AE86 wif their car fully tuned and their rpm has till 13,000 RPM and some full tune cars has 8,000 rpm only... wad is the diff...?

2. my AE 86 is already at spec 5... ppl warn me to chose properly the setting i want and they say there is 3 types of setting... can someone elaborate on tat? =X

THANKS guys all help is much appreciated! turned.gif
p.s... i notice alot of ppl mentioning turbo, super chargers, etc... is it tat every car after full tune will b able to setup their car like adding turbo, super charger?

This post has been edited by chunlong92 on Jul 28 2011, 10:15 AM
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 28 2011, 10:53 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

The "final upgrade" that cause almost 10,000 points will force you to choose between a turbo, supercharger or racing engine(NA) respectively. The way I listed them is the exact same order the game will show you on the screen (IE, left to right).

When you choose the almost 10,000 pts red box (it has a picture of three items separated by a white line), three more red boxes would appear and you get to choose one, they appear as:

[Turbo] [Supercharger] [Racing Engine]

The racing engine will give you a new 13k tachometer, while the turbo or supercharger would leave you with the old 8K tachometer. They all make their own unique sound by the way. Its important to note that once chosen the upgrade is permanent and non-removable/changeble.

The consensus is that the overall performance is generally roughly the same (although I personally disagree; I feel like my Turbo 86 is really slower than my NA) but the way they all handle is different, thus some players may prefer one over the other. For example, my Turbo 86 is always a few seconds slower than my Racing Engine 86, because I prefer to play the racing engine setup more and feel more comfortable with it. I never tried supercharger 86 because I do not have one (though I really want to try one since I'm curious as to whether I should try and make one myself in the possibility I may like it over my NA >_>).

There is no way to know which one you like more unless you tried all of them. I have both Turbo and NA, and because I own both I know I greatly prefer the NA over the Turbo. I don't have Super charger so I do not know whether I would like that more or less than the NA.

Racing Engine always seems to be a safe choice though. But whatever the case, your car's handling would change (for better or worst) so you would have to adjust to the new handling.

I'm not knowledgeable about the specific feeling differences between the three. But it does seem to me that the racing engine has more raw power than the turbo while the turbo is more manueverable possibly. I've heard they have different speed increments at different gears as well. One opinion I've seen is that the supercharger gains more power/speed at lower gears while the racing engine does so at higher gears. Because they all have different traits, some may play better at certain courses than others; possibly.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 28 2011, 11:38 AM
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Jul 28 2011, 06:38 PM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

Personally, I do not find much (if any) difference (power or handling-wise) - I have tried all 3 engines. If there is a difference, it will be quite minor between the three of them...it will not be significant enough to the point that one engine has a clear advantage over the other in any course.

This post has been edited by Phoenix_Cypher_K1 on Jul 28 2011, 06:42 PM
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 29 2011, 07:19 AM

Nagao Fanboy

I think you should just randomly choose one out of the three, you probably cannot go too wrong with it. Though if you happen to want to re-create Takumi's AE86, then installing the racing engine would be the way to go since that's the configuration that he went with. Or worst comes to worst choose which box that looks the nicest. happy.gif (I know that racing engine looks menacing, its frickin huge).

Another non-performance factor to go is sound, in which the turbo does a "whoosh" sounds everytime you let go of the accelerator, the supercharger sounds like a jet while the racing engine sounds like a F1 car. I think a lot of other cars have a turbo as their final upgrade, so maybe choosing something other than that would be more unique.

QUOTE ("Phoenix_Cypher_K1")
Personally, I do not find much (if any) difference (power or handling-wise) - I have tried all 3 engines. If there is a difference, it will be quite minor between the three of them...it will not be significant enough to the point that one engine has a clear advantage over the other in any course.

I do not know why I am not able to reconcile my turbo and NA Truenos. Thing is, I enjoy playing the turbo more from a fun perspective but even if I felt like I drove well the timings are always 3-4 seconds slower for some reason. At least that's the case I've had for Nagao DH, never tried testing them on other courses to see differences. Your probably right that there's not much difference in general to make any one stronger, but there is one for me strangely. Its not just once either, I tried it several times. Maybe I should try again to reconcile them.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 29 2011, 07:40 AM
chunlong92
  Posted: Jul 29 2011, 08:09 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 37,673

thx guys for telling me the diff between the settings. btw guys... i wanna knw does this super charger, turbo n racing engine theory work for every car? or is it jus for the AE86? and wad does NA mean? means neutral?
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 29 2011, 08:25 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Sorry for confusing you with NA. The term means "Naturally Aspirated" which means that the car runs by only using natural atmospheric pressure for the engine to combust. This is in contrast to using a supercharger or turbo, both of which work by forcing extra air in order to increase performance of the car in some form. I use the term NA because that's what Takumi's tuning type is called in the anime and manga and technically the Racing Engine Trueno in ID6 can be called a "Full Spec NA" car anyways (whereas adding a turbo or supercharger in order to reach "Full Spec" would mean its no longer a NA car).

This is all irrelevant gameplay wise however, I'm just using it to refer to the racing engine. And quite frankly it sounds cooler than just saying racing engine in words.

As for the three selection thing, most cars don't have it. Some cars like the AE86 Levin and the AE85 Levin SR have more than one choice (they still dont have the racing engine however, which is only available for the Trueno), but most cars won't even give you a selection at any point and you just press the boxes until its full tuned.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 29 2011, 10:01 AM
Luq21
Posted: Aug 5 2011, 08:36 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 37,700

I have a question,are all the parts for tuning from spec 1-5 same for everyone,or u can choose diffrerent parts to tune ae86?
DigiBunny
Posted: Aug 5 2011, 09:08 AM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

If you're asking if everyone gets the same list to choose from, the answer is yes. The only real choosing point with an 86 is when you get to the spec5 engine.
Luq21
Posted: Aug 5 2011, 09:28 AM

Shmuck

ohh,thx. that means all the tuning parts(doesnt matter which order i pick them) are the same except for the 3different engine which i can choose in spec 5?

im in spec 3, what are the three golden space in tuned parts??

This post has been edited by Luq21 on Aug 5 2011, 10:23 AM
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 5 2011, 10:22 AM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (Luq21 @ 1 hour, 45 minutes ago)
I have a question,are all the parts for tuning from spec 1-5 same for everyone,or u can choose diffrerent parts to tune ae86?

As mentioned you get the same parts for all cars. For the Trueno, the last upgrade allow you to choose either a turbo, a super charger or a Takumi's racing engine. A few other cars like the 86 Levin and the RX-7 Type R have different "final" choices as well.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Aug 5 2011, 10:32 AM
turtl3j
Posted: Aug 5 2011, 10:22 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 37,455

QUOTE (Luq21 @ 53 minutes, 50 seconds ago)
ohh,thx. that means all the tuning parts the are same except the 3different engine in spec 5?

that generally goes for the trueno ae86, but if you were to take the fd3s for example, then no, because spec5 engine tuning is a bigger turbo since it's already turbo force inducted.
Luq21
Posted: Aug 5 2011, 10:25 AM

Shmuck

thankz for the info guys.