Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - platinum

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,005  ·  Replies: 6 
> AS8 Card Restoration/Corruption
Iba
  Posted: Jul 8 2015, 08:03 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,487

Can anyone help me out... I was playing as8 and at my arcade they cut the machines off at a certain time. I wasnt keeping track of time so all the machines cut off and my card was stuck in the machine. One of the workers pulled it out. However I came back the next day and everytime I insert my card I'm greeted with a error and the only part in English says IC Card Restoration. I found a thread for AS7 that says go into test mode and select card restoration so me and a worker tried that but the option restore is grayed out -__- and we cant select it we tried multiple things like putting the card in the machine before going into testmode and its always the same outcome. Can anyone help me with any info on restoring my card? I invested to much into it to start over again. Also our machines are offline machines if that helps.
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 8 2015, 10:51 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

You'll need to have one of the workers go to Test Mode and use one of the options to recover your data.

I'm not sure what the details are. SHINN would know more about it than I do on this subject.
Iba
  Posted: Jul 8 2015, 11:12 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 21 minutes, 16 seconds ago)
You'll need to have one of the workers go to Test Mode and use one of the options to recover your data.

I'm not sure what the details are. SHINN would know more about it than I do on this subject.

Can you tag him in this thread please so he gets a notification? Idk how to.
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 9 2015, 12:23 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

I've already notified him, I know him in real life. He will post here when he is free.

In the meantime, do you think you can answer some questions. This may help some people give you some advice later:

1. Do you currently have access to an online machine?

2. Have you ever used your card online?

3. If you did use online, have you ever gotten the D.NET subscription before?

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 9 2015, 01:18 AM
-=SHINN=-
Posted: Jul 9 2015, 07:17 AM

MYS Retired Perfectionist Racer

Member No.: 37,532

QUOTE (Iba @ Yesterday, 8:03 PM)
Can anyone help me out... I was playing as8 and at my arcade they cut the machines off at a certain time. I wasnt keeping track of time so all the machines cut off and my card was stuck in the machine. One of the workers pulled it out. However I came back the next day and everytime I insert my card I'm greeted with a error and the only part in English says IC Card Restoration. I found a thread for AS7 that says go into test mode and select card restoration so me and a worker tried that but the option restore is grayed out -__- and we cant select it we tried multiple things like putting the card in the machine before going into testmode and its always the same outcome. Can anyone help me with any info on restoring my card? I invested to much into it to start over again. Also our machines are offline machines if that helps.

There's 2 ways to solve this, but if both ways doesn't work I would 100% say you won't be able to retrieve your card data anymore.

First situation (if you are playing in online arcade)
1. If you have dnet subscription, you can actually buy a blank card from the machine.
2. Key in driver's license reissuance to restore your card, be it, duplicating for fun, or restoring a lost card.

Second situation (if you don't have dnet or playing at offline arcade)
1. Go to the machine where your last play was cut off.
2. Go into "Test Mode"
3. Select "IC Card Restoration"
4. Press "Select" button to choose between driver license number (the 20 number behind your card) if there is any in the machine itself.
5. If the 20 number shows on the screen in your number, you are in luck, press it and put in your card to restore your data.
6. If there are no 20 number shown or none of them are your number, then I would say it is practically impossible to recover your card data anymore.

This situation happens quite a few times during D6 & D7, and yea the situation is as listed above.
In D8 since we have dnet subscription, we have no worries as we can recover the card anytime even if we lose our card.

I wish you good luck, don't take it too harsh, if you have the experience, old card or new card will not be a problem to you.

Iba
  Posted: Jul 9 2015, 09:29 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (-=SHINN=- @ 2 hours, 11 minutes ago)
There's 2 ways to solve this, but if both ways doesn't work I would 100% say you won't be able to retrieve your card data anymore.

First situation (if you are playing in online arcade)
1. If you have dnet subscription, you can actually buy a blank card from the machine.
2. Key in driver's license reissuance to restore your card, be it, duplicating for fun, or restoring a lost card.

Second situation (if you don't have dnet or playing at offline arcade)
1. Go to the machine where your last play was cut off.
2. Go into "Test Mode"
3. Select "IC Card Restoration"
4. Press "Select" button to choose between driver license number (the 20 number behind your card) if there is any in the machine itself.
5. If the 20 number shows on the screen in your number, you are in luck, press it and put in your card to restore your data.
6. If there are no 20 number shown or none of them are your number, then I would say it is practically impossible to recover your card data anymore.

This situation happens quite a few times during D6 & D7, and yea the situation is as listed above.
In D8 since we have dnet subscription, we have no worries as we can recover the card anytime even if we lose our card.

I wish you good luck, don't take it too harsh, if you have the experience, old card or new card will not be a problem to you.

My machine is offline. I'll have to go with option 2.
The machine I was playing on that cut off was A2. We did the testmode on B1 and B2. I will definitely try it on A2 tonight. My question is will it be to late? The machine cut off on Tuesday morning at 2:00am it is now Thursday.

Also the only options under IC Card Restoration (on B1 and B2) were "restore (followed by 16 dashes it looked like)" which was grayed out and wouldnt let us select it and "exit".
-=SHINN=-
Posted: Jul 9 2015, 09:39 AM

MYS Retired Perfectionist Racer

Member No.: 37,532

QUOTE (Iba @ 9 minutes, 59 seconds ago)
My machine is offline. I'll have to go with option 2.
The machine I was playing on that cut off was A2. We did the testmode on B1 and B2. I will definitely try it on A2 tonight. My question is will it be to late? The machine cut off on Tuesday morning at 2:00am it is now Thursday.

Also the only options under IC Card Restoration (on B1 and B2) were "restore (followed by 16 dashes it looked like)" which was grayed out and wouldnt let us select it and "exit".

Alright for this case go back to the A2 machine and do the recovery. The data should still be saved in the machine, for how long, apparently no one can confirm that, but try to do it as soon as possible.

Yup
Eg:
Restore
---- ---- ---- ---- ----
Exit

So hopefully you'll see this,
Restore
(your card number)
Exit

Good luck, do update us if you manage to retrieve your card data. Hope our information can help you out.