Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - There is No Way Out

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Post your requests in the pinned threads. If your request does not belong to any existent pinned threads, please start a new topic.
• Please use Post Icons when starting new topics, to state the purpose of your topic and to have a better visual classification.

NEW RELEASES: Super Eurobeat 221 (23 January 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Selection (08 February 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Non-Stop Selection (08 March 2013), Initial D Fifth Stage Sound File (08 March 2013), Super Eurobeat 222 (20 March 2013)

Special Link(s): EUROBEAT.go2id (SEB Album Collection Site) (New Site), Revive Music Section (Donation Tracker)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 4,038  ·  Replies: 12 
> My high quality Italo Disco vinyl rips
Teh Asphyx
    Posted: Apr 11 2016, 05:47 AM

Raising Hell

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,366

I decided to rip all my Italo Disco vinyls I own so far.

I start with The Best of Italo Disco vol. III.

Equipment and technical details

Turntable: Stanton T.60
It doesn't have many functions for DJs but it has the best sound in its price category which is more important to me as I'm not a DJ.

Phono amp: Swissonic USB Studio. I only use the phono amplifier and use the analogue output directly to go into my better …

Audio interface: Phonic Firefly 808 Universal via FireWire.

I record everything in 32bit, 88.2 kHz. With these settings I have the best possible resolution to make slight editing and equalising if necessary.
I don't cut any musical transients, I use a limiter only to make sure to have a 0.3 db headroom at the end. Also I remove loud vinyl crackle noise manually. It takes more time like that but I want to make sure that there is no other loss in the music, so no plugins are used to do this automatically.

The output format is FLAC 24bit, 88.2 kHz (except TBoID3 with only 44.1 kHz for now) and MP3 320kbps. I upload folders on mega so you can either download single files or the entire folders as zip files.

The Best of Italo Disco vol. III

user posted image

FLAC:
CODE
https://mega.nz/#F!XwhDGKpb!d-qbVSi2ktU216Wj5Podog

MP3
CODE
https://mega.nz/#F!ewxRHQ5T!_ijHlRrNxsPKrQ6o_b453w

Tracklist:
CODE
1. Baby's Gang - Challenger
2. Miko Mission - The World Is You
3. Charlie - Spacer Woman
4. Mike Rogers - Just A Story
5. G. J. Lunghi - Acapulco Nights
6. Time - Love Is The Reason
7. Valerie Dore - Get Closer
8. Silver Pozzoli - Around My Dream
9. Cruisin' Gang - Chinatown
10. Savage - A Love Again (Remix)
11. Max-Him - Lady Fantasy
12. Raggio Di Luna (Moon Ray) - Comanchero (Special-Disco-Remix)
13. Scotch - Take Me Up (Long Remix Version)

The Best of Italo Disco vol. 5

user posted image

FLAC:
CODE
https://mega.nz/#F!3sJSCZYC!_jxYfOJdO_U1h0tZt6ma5g

MP3:
CODE
https://mega.nz/#F!eoJCTD4T!dRGBb5lci5190_1Uxf5FAA

Tracklist:
CODE
1. Solid Strangers - My Delight
2. Jimmy & Susy - Come Back
3. Max-Him - Japanese Girl
4. Cruisin' Gang - America (Medley with Machinery)
5. Koto - Visitors (Vocal Remix)
6. David Lyme - Let's Go To Sitges
7. Roger Meno - I Find The Way
8. Peter Richard - Walking In The Neon
9. Rudy & Co. - Mama Radio
10. Lian Ross - Say You'll Never
11. Ken Laszlo - Tonight
12. Midnight Passion - I Need Your Love
13. Brian Ice - Talking To The Night
14. Rex Abe - I Can Feel It
15. Moonshine - China
16. Miko Mission - Two For Love (Mozzart Mix)

Play loud and enjoy the full dynamic range of these songs! cool.gif

This post has been edited by Teh Asphyx on Apr 18 2016, 03:12 AM
takumi333
Posted: Apr 11 2016, 06:42 AM

Mixmaster General

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 45,197

Thanks for the share it looks great! I'll have to check this out when I get home for sure.
Crockett
Posted: Apr 11 2016, 07:47 AM

Space Cowboy

Member No.: 45,405

I can talk about these all things with passion over and over 24 hours, but these really technical features are for me a dark deep hole with lack of knowledge.

Friend ! If you know more than we all together here or on Eurobeat Prime, find, meet people, which can help you to uncover your skills and use this for real good, professional production ! smile.gif
Teh Asphyx
  Posted: Apr 11 2016, 08:27 AM

Raising Hell

QUOTE (Crockett @ 39 minutes, 30 seconds ago)
Friend ! If you know more than we all together here or on Eurobeat Prime, find, meet people, which can help you to uncover your skills and use this for real good, professional production ! smile.gif

Thanks, that's really nice from you to say. smile.gif Sadly, I don't have any contacts. I spent the last years working for someone who kept me in the basement (metaphorically speaking) and instead of receiving money for my work, I'm in debt now.
The only thing that left are my songs and my experience I made. But I have to start from the beginning with coming out of my isolation and get new contacts.
So I'm trying my best to make people happy with my skills like putting my music online, ripping my vinyls of niche music and hope to be recognised one day. One famous Eurobeat producer told me that I can't plan success, the only thing I can do is to put things into circulation and the more things I put into circulation the more it's likely that there will be the one right thing to make an impact. I think these are wise words.
Crockett
Posted: Apr 11 2016, 09:12 AM

Space Cowboy

Member No.: 45,405

QUOTE (Teh Asphyx @ 45 minutes, 39 seconds ago)
One famous Eurobeat producer told me that I can't plan success

Who ? Secret from the private conversation? cool.gif
Lebon14
Posted: Apr 11 2016, 12:14 PM

🎧

Member No.: 18,005

Why do you save at 24/44.1? Imo, record at 24/96. You are saving yourself a 32-bit -> 24-bit downsampling & dithering process. Also, save your lossless in the format you are recording too. People who searches for those rips will probably ask for these very high-res files. Are they gigantic in file size? Yes. 24/44.1 in this case seems like a lost opportunity for collectors and audiophiles.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Teh Asphyx
  Posted: Apr 11 2016, 08:38 PM

Raising Hell

I can tell you why I'm doing it that way. First of all forget about multiples of 12 kHz (24, 48, 96, 192) for music. This is a format used for video sound. If you are working with audio only, always use multiples of 10.025 kHz (22.05, 44.1, 88.2, 176.4). Cross sampling between these two is always too lossy. Downsampling was okay in this case because the original music already had a high cut. I see that very often. But as soon as I digitalise a recording without high cut I will use 88.2 for export too.
Using 32 bit for recording is better because I can use more headroom with the higher dynamic range. Vinyl crackles can cause very loud transients that can lead to distortion. However after removing them by hand and normalising the rest, I can reduce the bitrate to 24 without any loss of quality.

This post has been edited by Teh Asphyx on Apr 11 2016, 10:10 PM
Lebon14
Posted: Apr 13 2016, 01:40 PM

🎧

Member No.: 18,005

With your logic, we can only listen to 44.1KHz audio. We can't have 96KHz for listening because, apparently, we don't use it for video production. I'd only agree with you if you were in audio PRODUCTION; then, having 24//88.2KHz hi-res files, having in mind CDDA production down the line is OK. However, a lot of people having listening, collecting and ripping rips at this resolution in order to preserve the vinyl's sound; obvious cut off or not at 44.1KHz. Also, a lot of them have equipment for proper playback that WILL take advantage of better frequency range. It may have no "sound energy" past a certain frequency but, you may not care, but some do anyway.

Yes, I agree that you should always downsample from 96KHz -> 48KHz, 88.2KHz -> 44.1KHz; otherwise it creates artifacts. Even then, there's nothing wrong to listen to 96KHz files. People who prefers smaller sized FLAC will download your 24/44.1. Those who wants a pure-er rip will download the 24/88.2 or 24/96.

Also, when downsampling this, do you even use the right tools? You are not just using dbPowerAmp right? I really hope you are using SoX...
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 13 2016, 02:25 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

user posted image

Y'all niggas need to realize.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Teh Asphyx
  Posted: Apr 14 2016, 12:39 AM

Raising Hell

Yes, I agree that you should always downsample from 96KHz -> 48KHz, 88.2KHz -> 44.1KHz; otherwise it creates artifacts. Even then, there's nothing wrong to listen to 96KHz files. People who prefers smaller sized FLAC will download your 24/44.1. Those who wants a pure-er rip will download the 24/88.2 or 24/96.

Okay, I'll upload again with 24/88.2 as soon as I have electricity again in my house …

Also, when downsampling this, do you even use the right tools? You are not just using dbPowerAmp right? I really hope you are using SoX...

I'm using the DAW I paid a lot of money for, in this case it's Cubase with Voxengo Elephant for dithering.

@ kyonpalm

With a 44.100 kHz sampling rate you still have lots of losses below 22.050 kHz. The audio signal would have to be in complete sync with the AD converter which is impossible. If the AD converter doesn't get the exact peaks of the incoming signal it will assume that the peak is exactly at the point when it goes into the converter.
That's the reason CDs don't sound quite as good as vinyl.
andyeuro
Posted: Apr 17 2016, 11:46 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 32,818

Hey Teh Asphyx many thanks for this excellent share, i love italo Disco so keep them coming smile.gif
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Teh Asphyx
  Posted: Apr 18 2016, 03:15 AM

Raising Hell

The Best of Italo Disco Vol. 5 is now online.

I'd have to rerecord Vol. III for 88.2 kHz export. I don't know when that will happen because I want to record other stuff first. So until then you have to live with 44.1 kHz.
eXtaticus
Posted: Jun 1 2016, 04:43 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 38,786

-redacted-

This post has been edited by eXtaticus on Dec 19 2017, 04:19 PM