Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Symbol - Forever Love Me

Important Rules
user posted imagePost everything about Initial D Arcade Stage Ver.3 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 subforums. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,015  ·  Replies: 22 
> integra type-r
de2es
  Posted: Sep 1 2004, 05:52 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,903

hi
i have heard every car has their advantage and disadvatages...-.-;
what are the
advantages
disadvatages
for the car INTEGRA type -R

also is it a good car?
plz reply thx...
GAARA
Posted: Sep 1 2004, 05:59 PM

UFC Light Heavyweight Champ, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson!!!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,633

I haven't used one in ver.3 but everyone says it is still really good on happo. I never really liked integs so, I don't know much about them in ver.3

This post has been edited by GAARA_of_the_sand on Sep 1 2004, 06:00 PM
darthchilli
Posted: Sep 1 2004, 06:23 PM

hachi gogogo

Member No.: 1,362

the tail swings
its great on happou
if u can manage a car like the EK9 on other course, you should be fine with the DC2
dai2i2ick
Posted: Sep 1 2004, 06:26 PM

retired and bored as hell

Member No.: 2,085

my suggestion is that you don't get the type r (dc2) 'cuz people are going to call you a noob who can't get let go of the ver. 2 god car. it's still really good on happo, but its performance on all the other courses don't really measure up anymore. my suggestion is that you find another car. you can get the dc2 if you're really set on it... it's not an absolute horrible car on every course, but you might get a bad rep for driving it IMO.

This post has been edited by dai2i2ick on Sep 1 2004, 06:28 PM
seth
Posted: Sep 1 2004, 06:27 PM

The Lone Wolf

Member No.: 1,294

Ya i got a Dc2........Its awesome on happo.....average every where else.........like some one said i forgot who, but the Dc2 dosent suck......its nothing compared to what it was in v2.....its just average

edit: ummm.........down here we respect those who OWN with a dc2, but that may just be us.......we dont call them noobs.......

This post has been edited by seth on Sep 1 2004, 06:30 PM
GAARA
Posted: Sep 1 2004, 06:35 PM

QUOTE (seth @ Sep 1 2004, 06:27 PM)
Ya i got a Dc2........Its awesome on happo.....average every where else.........like some one said i forgot who, but the Dc2 dosent suck......its nothing compared to what it was in v2.....its just average 

edit: ummm.........down here we respect those who OWN with a dc2, but that may just be us.......we dont call them noobs.......

To me now if someone owns withs a dc2 I give them some respect. This game IMO, separates the true fans of this car with the B*tch ass fishers.

This post has been edited by GAARA_of_the_sand on Sep 1 2004, 06:35 PM
sideways
Posted: Sep 1 2004, 06:59 PM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Member No.: 1,355

From what ive heard id agree. The car isnt jesus on wheels anymore- people may have called the ver2 dc2s n00bs (Face it- they were cheap vehicles no matter how you look at i). but once you try the dc2 on ver3 you should understand its lost a lot of its ability. Now to be good with thie car, you too must be good.

Now the cheap car is supposed to be the rx8 haha
-eViL-
Posted: Sep 1 2004, 07:18 PM

slap slap slap!

Member No.: 1,183

Im Thinking About Getting a Dc2.

A guy payed Me to Use his and finish a few levels for Him, and after a few Races i got into the Flow Of the Car, and found its a comfortable and Fun Car To drive. I set the Record On Happo at My Arcade in it on only my 3rd time On Happo ever LoL.

I really dont care if people call me that, 'cause ill be the one laughing if i beat them with a Version 2 n00b car tongue.gif So what if its not the best, having the best car isnt always everything.
babba-r32
Posted: Sep 1 2004, 07:20 PM

Miata Drifter and DGTrials Ambassador

Member No.: 1,671

agree with everyone. In the arcade where I play we respect ppl with DC2's. However, RX-8's that another story. Incredibly I havent seen many RX8's.
SK8RX
Posted: Sep 1 2004, 07:22 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 2,757

I Have a F.T. ITR That I Converted from Ver.2

Its Stil A Good Car Despite What People Say..

The Obvious Weakness... WET.. the Car just Doesnt Turn....

Its Wierd.. I Can Drive and Get a Faster Time on Akina UH SNow than i Can Akina UH WET..

It has Speed Once Full Tuned.. and the 3rd Gear is OK.. 4th is A Lil Slow.. and I Think Sega Forgot to Give the 5th Gear Power.. Lmao....

anyway...

Anyway.. Once it was Full Tune... And Once you Find away to Take The Turns and Use hte Tail Sliding to Your Advantage... Its Easy To Win.. as Long AS Your on DRy or Snow...

On Tsu Inbound.. People Go 156-160 Km/hour Exiting the Tunnel... Im Going 165+... and I Exit the Rollercoaster and Pass the CP at 145+ while their at 130-137..

Use the Fisth Tailing to Block onteh Turns... the DC2 Accelerates more on the Turns than it does on the straights (Wierd Eh?)

I Did beat the Game with It..

Just Dont Pick Option A Because it has Turbo... It has No Overall Effect.. You Get the Hiss Thats it I Smoked a Turbo F.T. DC2 off hte Line With My Option D...

Just Make Sure You get the Carbon Hood ASAP.. teh Aerodynamic one slows you down..

This post has been edited by SK8RX on Sep 1 2004, 07:28 PM
sideways
Posted: Sep 1 2004, 10:52 PM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Member No.: 1,355

Being full tune youve obviously played a LOT... how sure are you the speed isnt from your skill- rather then the car.
Xibal (ER34)
Posted: Sep 2 2004, 02:36 AM

시발개

Member No.: 2,310

i still use a dc2 but olny for TA and bunta challange on happo its just a fun card now
WingSandrockX
Posted: Sep 2 2004, 01:36 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 1,366

...Using a DC2 in ver.3 doesn't make you a newb...you have some live in some weird place...considering DC2 in ver.3 is alot worse than other 4WD car's...
GAARA
Posted: Sep 2 2004, 05:44 PM

I feel that dc2 is now an underratted car b/c of the godlyness of ver.2 and now people think it is the worse car in the game.
DKW
Posted: Sep 2 2004, 10:51 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 2,344

The rundown! smile.gif

Advantages: Happogahara dry.

Disadvantages: Everything else.

Why I converted: Mainly because it was convenient. I had a ton of points on my v2 DC2 card (which I used mainly for Bunta Challenge), and I liked the idea of full tune without a lot of risk. Besides, I knew LotS would be pretty easy for a lot of cars, and I actually liked the idea of having one where I'd really have to work.

Thoughts on not letting go: Maybe it's just me, but I liked the idea of sticking with a car that had been severely toned down, and just playing the game and having fun. Plus, it's a much bigger accomplishment clearing LotS with an Integra than a GC8V, Skyline R32, or LanEvo 5. Of course, it helps that the card already has a lot of points; I certainly wouldn't ever start a new Integra.

How it's worked out: Well, LotS was as expected. I had ONE upgrade to go when I finally got the last win, and both Project D juggernauts clobbered me a lot of times. The Evo drivers weren't exactly a picnic, either. But hey, points were a concerned, I learned a lot, and now I have a full-tune Integra to run all over a pair of time trials. I'm not complaining.

Advice to anyone thinking of using it in v3: The best way to go is to transfer a v2 card with a lot of points. You must have PERFECT runs to beat Project D (get used to blocking for over a quarter of the course), and Sid won't exactly be a picnic either. It's only good on two time trials, and downright awful on many. You're not going to get anywhere near completion on any Bunta Challenge. And if you, lord forbid, battle with it, chances are good it's going to be a fight on Happogahara dry and a thrashing anywhere else. In short, this is a car with serious weaknesses, and you should drive it only if you really want to.

If you start new, be advised that LotS is virtually impossible to clear the second time around, and you're only getting a pittance from Bunta Challenge, so it's going to be a long, hard road to full tune.
Asaki
Posted: Sep 2 2004, 11:05 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 951

There's a reason why RX-8 aren't that popular yet.

The Version 2 "crappy" DC2 drivers can't drive it at all! You have to remember that most of the "crappy" DC2 drivers in Version 2 relied on the DC2's turning ability and nearly none of their own ability in shifting/gas/brake kind of things. Whereas in V3, you need at least SOME basic skills to start being able to do stuff with the RX-8. sweatingbullets.gif
dai2i2ick
Posted: Sep 2 2004, 11:38 PM

retired and bored as hell

Member No.: 2,085

QUOTE (Asaki @ Sep 2 2004, 11:05 PM)

The Version 2 "crappy" DC2 drivers can't drive it at all! You have to remember that most of the "crappy" DC2 drivers in Version 2 relied on the DC2's turning ability and nearly none of their own ability in shifting/gas/brake kind of things. Whereas in V3, you need at least SOME basic skills to start being able to do stuff with the RX-8. sweatingbullets.gif

i gotta agree with you on that one.
xkhol
Posted: Sep 3 2004, 01:00 AM

>_>

Member No.: 1,958

QUOTE (Asaki @ Sep 2 2004, 11:05 PM)

yea, here's what i think specifically:
1. understeer...no more god like handling....
2. wheel lock, it happens and it'd be to frustrating for a n00b to handle it..
3. it's a 6 speed, i see many people forget they have 6 speeds.....

and as for the DC2, it's still good on happo, not much else though...maybe shomaru?
Xibal (ER34)
Posted: Sep 3 2004, 01:55 AM

시발개

average in shomaru
babba-r32
Posted: Sep 3 2004, 07:22 PM

i consider the RX-8 weak in most of the courses compared to other cars. I still have not seen a RX-8 driver that can keep up with me (Not even with my Miata, LOL) Obvious advantage on shomaru because of the 6 speed, and its OK on tushi. However, its real funny to see noobs that used to drive a DC2 in V2 with a RX-8. They are like a pinball on the road.

IMO, the best option for the RX-8 is N-tune with Option A spoiler.
SK8RX
Posted: Sep 3 2004, 11:54 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 2,757

Well

My DC2 I Have 34 Wins and 21 Losses...

Orcourse Most of those on Shom, and Tsu Wet..

i'd say about 20 of the wins were on Akina Snow smile.gif, and the other 14 On Akina DH Dry and Tsu Inbound

Then Again I Beat All My F.T. Time Attacks With a Stock GC8.. Which Is Now My Main Car..

I Did Beat the game with the ITR... ONCE... i cant for the life of me drive it on Shom In the Rain..
babba-r32
Posted: Sep 4 2004, 05:44 AM

SK8RX, the TypeR in wet handles a little bit like snow. So on a turn dont use the brake. USE the brake before the turn and then gas it.
Xibal (ER34)
Posted: Sep 5 2004, 01:30 AM

시발개

isn't dat wat sum of us doing already doing in wet conditons