Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Paul Harris - Everybody's Looking

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,646  ·  Replies: 10 
> Turbo? Non-turbo? Dare I ask?, Which one do you prefer?

Do you prefer cars with turbo, or one without?
Turbo (including Bolt-on Turbo for those cars that could have one) [ 6 ]  [40.00%]
Non-Turbo (anything not using Turbocharger BUT not including 86T's Racing engine) [ 1 ]  [6.67%]
Racing Engine!!! :D (Trueno only, obviously..) [ 8 ]  [53.33%]
Total Votes: 15
Guests cannot vote 
McKwack
    Posted on Aug 29 2011, 06:17 AM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,311

There's a discussion in the forum already of which one is better, turbo cars or non-turbo (aka NA, including supercharger for the Levin families) cars.

This time, I'm not asking which one is better. I'm just curious, based on your personal preference, which one do you like best, turbo or not.

That's it, pure and simple. No trolling or flaming on which one is best pl0x, just which one you like and, if possible, why.

I'll start:

Among the various cars I've observed/heard/raced with, for me the one I like the best is the BNR34's turbo, for the simple reason that the 'WHOOSH' sound it expels whenever I let go of the gas pedal is, IMHO, R0X0RZ!!! w00t2.gif

So, which one do you like, and why?
Saint
Posted on Aug 29 2011, 06:50 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,067

When it comes to tuning and choosing between the options in 85/86 family, I go for engine cos it's 86T unique.

But generally, I prefer turbo. There's a reason why R34 was my 1st ID5 car. Lol.

This post has been edited by Saint on Aug 29 2011, 06:59 AM
SonicSP
Posted on Aug 29 2011, 08:30 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

I think it may have been better to name the "NA" category as "Non Turbo" since Superchargers fall under force induction and isn't naturally aspirated. The 86T's racing engine is also technically NA tuning but I guess it's special.

With the current selections, I think it's better to name them 1. Turbo, 2. Non Turbos and 3. Racing Engine.

In regards to the 86T:

In Stage 5, I much prefer the Turbo over the racing engine. It took me awhile to get used to the racing engine, the turbo felt much closer to the Trueno prior to the racing engine based on my memory. Even in 5, I mostly raced the narrow-ish Nagao DHD so when I first got the engine, my time dropped 5 seconds to prior the Step 7 upgrade. I did learn to manage it far better but took a lot of practice and still feels far less instinctive to drive than the turbo. Never tried supercharger in 5.

In Stage 6, I prefer the Racing Engine much more over the other two. I mean I think they all have the same potential but I am much much more comfortable with the racing engine than with the turbo or the supercharger. I admit that I do not play the other two as much so it could be lack of practice but we are talking preferences right? This is mine. Also let's just say that the engine makes a nice sound like an F1 car and that having a 13K tachometer just looks sweet..... happy.gif

I voted for the Racig Engine in this poll, because ID6 is what I'm currently playing. I cannot make a decision for non 86T cars because most of the ones I had were already turbocharged in the first place so cannot make a decision without playing the non turbo ones too. I'll just say turbo cos that's all I played.....

I'm hoping in the next ID game they would implement a system where turbos and NA cars feel very different from each other since NA are supposed to have far better response while turbos should have better horsepower when they're in the right RPM range. Maybe even add a turbo meter at the side for turbocharged cars. They probably won't but it sounds like a cool concept to me.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Aug 29 2011, 09:39 PM
CaleX
Posted on Aug 31 2011, 10:23 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 32,651

"Psssh" factor + exhaust fire > all laugh.gif

Sadly the R35 does not have the blowoff sound, but it makes up for it with its quad-exhaust flames awesome.gif

This post has been edited by CaleX on Aug 31 2011, 10:23 PM
McKwack
  Posted on Sep 2 2011, 03:44 AM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (SonicSP @ Aug 29 2011, 08:30 PM)
I think it may have been better to name the "NA" category as "Non Turbo" since Superchargers fall under force induction and isn't naturally aspirated. The 86T's racing engine is also technically NA tuning but I guess it's special.

With the current selections, I think it's better to name them 1. Turbo, 2. Non Turbos and 3. Racing Engine.

^ Good point..

Is there a way to edit the poll? Because when I clicked the edit button, it only let me to edit my post, and not the poll..

Oh well, with this I clarify that the "NA" category includes other "Non-Turbo" engines as well, except Trueno's racing engine. It remains in it's own category because, like you said Sonic, it is special.
DigiBunny
Posted on Sep 2 2011, 03:59 AM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

I can see about that. What would you like the options to be?
alvinkei
Posted on Sep 2 2011, 04:49 AM

Gangnam Style.

Member No.: 37,545

i love the r34's turbo sound too.

i'm lookin for a car wich has twin exhaust (both sides) and has turbo so it spits fire from both exhausts.. does such car exist in id6 ?

i love the r35 but sadly no blowoff sound also T.T
venth85
Posted on Sep 2 2011, 06:35 PM

Hello again~~

Member No.: 21,309

QUOTE (alvinkei @ Today, 4:49 AM)
i love the r34's turbo sound too.

i'm lookin for a car wich has twin exhaust (both sides) and has turbo so it spits fire from both exhausts.. does such car exist in id6 ?

i love the r35 but sadly no blowoff sound also T.T

Twin exhaust, so far i seen S2000 and FC3S cool.gif
SonicSP
Posted on Sep 2 2011, 09:46 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

Wouldn't it be cool of we can add the racing engine AND the supercharger on top of it to the AE86T? If it was ID6, just think of how much more powerful it would be. laugh.gif
DigiBunny
Posted on Sep 2 2011, 10:03 PM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

I think the Engine'd blow from not being able to withstand the boost.
McKwack
  Posted on Sep 4 2011, 04:44 AM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ Sep 2 2011, 03:59 AM)
I can see about that. What would you like the options to be?

Thanks Digi. smile.gif

If you could change option #2 into:

Non-Turbo (anything not using Turbocharger BUT not including 86T's Racing engine)

I'd be grateful. smile.gif

@Sonic: instead of using the racing engine AND the supercharger, there are IRL cars that's using both the supercharger AND the turbocharger system, called the Twincharger. Volkswagen's 1.4TSI engine is one of them.

I want a twincharger for my R34... sad.gif

This post has been edited by McKwack on Sep 4 2011, 04:52 AM