Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Mr. M - Be The One

4 Pages  1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 17,640  ·  Replies: 94 
> Version 4 Released in Hong Kong
Odie
Posted: May 11 2007, 06:26 AM

IDW Special Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,323

Not quite... in ID4 you can get acceleration penalty even if you don't hit anything going in and exiting a turn.
gian7675
Posted: May 11 2007, 04:01 PM

IDW Prime Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,356

QUOTE (Odie @ Today at 6:26 AM)
Not quite... in ID4 you can get acceleration penalty even if you don't hit anything going in and exiting a turn.

Uhhh...why will you get acceleration penalty even if you didn't hit anything while going thru the corner?
stuykid89
Posted: May 11 2007, 05:14 PM

The Comeback Kid

Member No.: 18,973

QUOTE (gian7675 @ Today at 4:01 PM)
Uhhh...why will you get acceleration penalty even if you didn't hit anything while going thru the corner?

maybe they decided to be even more realistic and put in turbo lag?

or w.e other mechanical problems there might be.
Odie
Posted: May 11 2007, 06:34 PM

IDW Special Member

Don't ask me... I just saw it. I thought apexing a corner clean as fast as possible was the best way but no! There is acceleration stall if you exceed a certain speed through the turns.

LancE.Ryousuke
Posted: May 12 2007, 10:14 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 21,171

O.o stall? how long and how heavy is it?
Odie
Posted: May 13 2007, 02:10 AM

IDW Special Member

For the entire CP in most cases as when you turn, the speed drops anyway so you will never be able to reach back that speed until the next major turn.
LancE.Ryousuke
Posted: May 13 2007, 02:15 AM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Odie @ Today at 2:10 AM)
For the entire CP in most cases as when you turn, the speed drops anyway so you will never be able to reach back that speed until the next major turn.

O.o Huh? as in [ taking a corner where this acceleration stall happens ], the speed stalls all the way to the next corner? O.O
Odie
Posted: May 13 2007, 04:12 AM

IDW Special Member

Well the speed isn't stagnant.. just that it increases very slowly compared to normal.

e.g. Fireworks straight... if you full gas and turn the wheel to clear the corner using the deceleration to "drift" and then exit, you can come out at around 138 or so with the Evo 9 and then going down the initial straight before the small right turn you hit 148 or so and then all the way to the end you will be around that speed because every time you turn those left and rights, the speed drops down to the rev limit of 5th gear and you need to gear down etc...

However, had you braked into the fireworks straight and then exit around 134 (or even down to 125!!!), you come out into the initial straight and hit almost 160 before the small right turn!!! And because the speed is above the rev limit of the previous gear, you don't need to stay on the 140s.

You can lose up to 3 seconds on CP4 because you didn't hit anything but entered too fast.

BTW... Macao now has ID4.
LancE.Ryousuke
Posted: May 13 2007, 04:30 AM

IDW Supremo Member

interesting .. how's the evo9 of yours? my heart itches for one .. but then again, i love rotaries so it's abit contradicting here .. fear2.gif
Odie
Posted: May 13 2007, 04:40 AM

IDW Special Member

I only played a few TAs after full tuning it. Will do more TA's tomorrow after going to the gym in the morning.

I need to find out if there is a way to increase the acceleration rather than just maintaining the original. From the videos on youtube, it seems that my Evo9 is damn slow picking up speed on the 6th gear even without any apparent penalty.

Same with the AE86... there are things still need to be investigated. I'll post the info as we find them.

This post has been edited by Odie on May 13 2007, 09:19 PM
gian7675
Posted: May 13 2007, 03:26 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 2,356

QUOTE (Odie @ Today at 4:12 AM)
BTW... Macao now has ID4.

Wow! I hope we'll be getting ours soon smile.gif They're (HK and Macau) neighbors!
DamienWolf
Posted: May 14 2007, 07:26 AM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

QUOTE (gian7675 @ Today at 7:26 AM)
Wow! I hope we'll be getting ours soon smile.gif They're (HK and Macau) neighbors!

Correction... They are our richer neighbors... pinch2.gif
Odie
Posted: Jun 3 2007, 08:50 PM

IDW Special Member

The English version will be here this month. Sega will be rolling them out in mid-June and hopefully will see it before the end of the month.

Not a lot of arcades have ordered them though. Low in stocks or not popular? sleep.gif

Since this is the English version, other countries will see the game very soon. Taiwan should get it early July and so expect to pay a lot of Initial D School fees in NA soon XD
xeoreg
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 12:14 PM

Mmmm....Koda Kumi =)

Member No.: 15,581

school fees.....HAHAHAH

sounds about right >___<
Braja
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 09:58 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 12,029

ahhh odie. help me out man. i'm in hk for a couple days only. i looked at like 10-12 arcades, including 3 big ones (based off the fact they have 6 cabs of ver.3 each) and i cant freakin' find any version 4! PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET TO ONE! i wanna try stompin' on the locals ^^. ha. i know thats cocky esp considerin i havent played in 2 months but still i started in january so should have more experience than most. regardless i just wanna play damnit><. help me please

EDIT:
nevermind i found one=P. destroyed all the challengers, showed them how to beat bunta, and beat your record on akagi ODIE sorry dude. but only by less than 1.0 second so you should be able to top it next time you play. anyway enough bragging i'll sure get my ass kicked next time i play and be put back in my place ha. regardless i look forward to setting some more records before i go if possible. granted they'll only last a day or 2 but how many people can say they have an initial d record in HK ha

This post has been edited by Braja on Jun 6 2007, 01:07 AM
Odie
Posted: Jun 6 2007, 09:35 PM

IDW Special Member

huh? since when did i play Akagi TA? you must be talking about Goldstar in TST. It was a test run on a stock car running a poor 2'47" or something... sleep.gif;;

My Evo 9 times:

Akina Lake 2'43"9
Akina DH 3'03"4
Myogi DH 2'37"x
Irohazaka DH 2'47"6
Tsukuba OB 2'48"6

I'll do Akagi properly sometime. Should be able to 2'35" that now. Haven't played in Goldstar for at least a month though. The place sucks.

This post has been edited by Odie on Jun 6 2007, 09:37 PM
Braja
Posted: Jun 7 2007, 03:20 AM

IDW Special Member

ok i was gonna say that was pretty poor cause akagi is my worst course by far and i only ran it once to beat yours. but didnt wanna rub it in. sounds right then. nice times that sounds more like a regular player. yeah the rankings are messed up too. it didnt record a buncha my times. and theyre all spiratic and random. but seems theres no competition at gold star. where do you play?
Odie
Posted: Jun 7 2007, 05:03 AM

IDW Special Member

We play at Super Kings at Cheung Sha Wan (There is an MTR station along the red line) - Exit A2 near Tonkin Road.
Braja
Posted: Jun 7 2007, 07:28 AM

IDW Special Member

k cool if i have time i'll check that out. gold star is already boring after a day. i'm shit in japan but here in HK nobody would challenge me and the 3-4 who did i beat by like 400 meters. including one who used boost@.@ i didnt even know that was possible with the cheap boost ver.4 has. anyway it'd be nice to have my ass kicked once to remind me i suck so i retire again (game's a waste of time but an addiction of course. need to get back to life). hope to have some fun. thx again for the info. good gaming
Odie
Posted: Jun 7 2007, 10:12 PM

IDW Special Member

For the actual direction, take the red MTR line (towards Tsuen Wan) and get off at Cheung Sha Wan. Exit A (it spilts into A1-A3 I think) and take the one all the way to the end and A2 should be on your left. Go up the escalators and you will make it to the outside world.

Walk straight along and cross that small road and carry on until you see the next main road with traffic lights. Cross over and turn right (you will pass the public toilets). Straight on for about 30 seconds and Super Kings is on your left inside a small shopping centre downstairs.

I'll be there this Saturday evening with CKF around 7pm
Braja
Posted: Jun 8 2007, 10:33 AM

IDW Special Member

aw crap cant make that. i'm leavin sunday 8:25am and i got plans sat night. but i checked out the place today. got stuck with the left machine which has no sound and i SUCKED haha. hate not hearing revs. but still nobody challenged me except some noob. beat him of course but then AIN (in japanese katakana) and MAN came in and showed me the locals can kick some ass. but they only did time attacks. didnt challenge. too bad i suck at TA's (you're about 2 seconds faster than most of my times) i'm a battler. oh well. good to see theres nothing to teach here. you all already know a bunch of the tricks the jap guys got. and even some i know but havent quite mastered. only one month since it was released? i'm impressed. keep up the good work. i dont have the time or money. retired... again=P till american release

This post has been edited by Braja on Jun 8 2007, 10:41 AM
Odie
Posted: Jun 8 2007, 07:48 PM

IDW Special Member

AIN used to be Final Mission I believe (the same team as CKF previously)

MAN B is from another forum who has loads of records on ID3.

http://ranking.segarosso.com/inidas3/n2_ra...r=&area=&comm=1 <-- #3

Didn't go last night but will be in another 6 hours time.
Akina DH must 58" somehow. Currently on 2'59"6

btw, which part of Japan do you play? Kanagawa by any chance? If you ever see 9.6 play, can you check and see if he really exits the RHOD at 149 and pass checkpoint at 157 for me? Also if possible note his entry speed before RHOD.

I think thats where the 2'58" lies.
CP1 and CP4 can match 9.6 but getting PWNED by CP2 and CP3.

This post has been edited by Odie on Jun 8 2007, 07:50 PM
Braja
Posted: Jun 8 2007, 10:59 PM

IDW Special Member

all right even if i stopped playin i can at least try some recon for ya. but japan is a bit more vast than HK. i play in tokyo but close enough to kanagawa. might be easier to find asakurayume (#2 - 2'58"578). i used to play everyday with him during the beta testing. the guys i play with should know where to find him. problem is that since official release all the top players scattered. regardless i'll let ya know when i know.
Odie
Posted: Jun 9 2007, 12:10 AM

IDW Special Member

Thanks ^^

Sorry that I can't be around when you're in HK. Work sucks here.. long hours and Mon-Sat.

When I go to Japan with my friend (maybe in August) i'll let you know in advance. We'll most likely be playing in Akihabara Club Sega.
Odie
Posted: Jun 14 2007, 02:46 AM

IDW Special Member

Lets hit this place and try out Initial D 4 Limited. I'd love to ride on that yellow FD and swing like the Cycraft.

http://sega.jp/joypolis/tokyo/topics/070613_1/

On a side note, all 10 ID4 cabs in HK have been removed.
That means two things:

1) No more TA tonight
2) Official machines will be here by the end of the week.
3) I can't count

4 Pages  1 2 3 4