Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Promised Land~Bless into the Sunshine~ (Album Edit)

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 16,273  ·  Replies: 45 
> Takumi vs Keisuke?, What the hell Shigeno
Burtonik
    Posted: Oct 20 2014, 09:52 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,728

I may just be ranting here, but is anyone else just as dissapointed as I am that Shigeno never wrote a rematch between Takumi and Keisuke?

I mean, they mentioned their rematch twice in the series, but it never came to happening. I've been waiting for that rematch through the entire series. It's one of the only reasons I persevered through the boring/tedious 5th/final stage because I anticipated a rematch somewhere in the end.
Team Evolution
Posted: Oct 20 2014, 12:23 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 15,656

Initial D did die at the End of Stage 4, fifth and final are pretty boring crap..
Gunma's 34
Posted: Oct 20 2014, 05:34 PM

The R34's chosen one

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 27,787

It ended up as some lame excuse of a Deus Ex that destroyed the series.
HyperSonic
Posted: Oct 20 2014, 06:08 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 38,471

Yeah ID died pretty much at 4th stage. The 5th stage is just a good way to explain the meaning of the "D" in Project D and the last stage is just a way to end the hype they might have accidentally built at the 5th stage.
Falbere
Posted: Oct 20 2014, 06:17 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

Would you like to read my fanfiction?

Racing down Akagi, Keisuke stepped on the accelerator without hesitation. In his rear view mirror, an Impreza. Keisuke had never felt so much stress racing on Akagi. He is not just racing a 4WD, but also the only opponent he have yet to defeat.

Suddenly Takumi shouts, "FUK DIS SHIET IM TURNING ON HAX" and the Impreza started teleporting forward. It clipped into the FD and Keisuke, causing them to instantly dematerialize. All that was left is a strand of Keisuke's hair.

Takumi, who is left with zero concentration after unleashing his ultimate power on Keisuke, faints in the Imp, still doing 140KM/H. He crashed down the cliff and died a fiery end.

The End.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Gunma's 34
Posted: Oct 20 2014, 06:31 PM

The R34's chosen one

Member No.: 27,787

QUOTE (dummyinthecity @ 14 minutes, 49 seconds ago)
Would you like to read my fanfiction?

Racing down Akagi, Keisuke stepped on the accelerator without hesitation. In his rear view mirror, an Impreza. Keisuke had never felt so much stress racing on Akagi. He is not just racing a 4WD, but also the only opponent he have yet to defeat.

Suddenly Takumi shouts, "FUK DIS SHIET IM TURNING ON HAX" and the Impreza started teleporting forward. It clipped into the FD and Keisuke, causing them to instantly dematerialize. All that was left is a strand of Keisuke's hair.

Takumi, who is left with zero concentration after unleashing his ultimate power on Keisuke, faints in the Imp, still doing 140KM/H. He crashed down the cliff and died a fiery end.

The End.

^ FANFIC OF THE YEAR. Shigeno. Get this man.
Crono0001
Posted: Oct 22 2014, 11:22 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 44,089

I agree with you that, as far as the anime goes, Initial D really got dumbed down after 4th stage. I loved 4th stage, but 5th stage and final stage were very lackluster. But this isn't Shigeno's fault. It's the fault of whoever animated the 5th stage and final stage.

In terms of the manga, there are no 'stages' or separations in the series. It's one long on-going series, and the races in the Kanagawa prefecture were actually VERY exciting in the Manga. It just didn't translate well to the anime.

Shigeno actually addressed this specific issue in the last chapter, where Keisuke, drunk, asks the team if they want to see who is faster between him and Takumi. The team replied in unison that nobody cared. He then challenged Takumi to a race, where Takumi complained he didn't have a car. Keisuke points to the Impreza, and Takumi (also drunk) says it would be unfair because that car is too fast. This causes the two of them to get into a friendly scuffle.

The moral of the story is, Shigeno wants to point out that it doesn't matter who is faster at this point, as they both achieve their dreams.

It's kind of like the Bunta vs. Ken scenario, which in turn reflects real life. Out of 100 matches, if one person wins 54 matches, does it really 'matter' who is better?

What REALLY bothers me (that Shigeno IS to blame for), was Bunta saying "well, this is the last thing I can do for Takumi" and then NEVER MENTIONS WHAT IT IS AGAIN.

This post has been edited by Crono0001 on Oct 22 2014, 11:23 AM
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 27 2014, 12:22 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (Crono0001 @ Oct 22 2014, 03:22 PM)
I agree with you that, as far as the anime goes, Initial D really got dumbed down after 4th stage. I loved 4th stage, but 5th stage and final stage were very lackluster. But this isn't Shigeno's fault. It's the fault of whoever animated the 5th stage and final stage.

In terms of the manga, there are no 'stages' or separations in the series. It's one long on-going series, and the races in the Kanagawa prefecture were actually VERY exciting in the Manga. It just didn't translate well to the anime.

Shigeno actually addressed this specific issue in the last chapter, where Keisuke, drunk, asks the team if they want to see who is faster between him and Takumi. The team replied in unison that nobody cared. He then challenged Takumi to a race, where Takumi complained he didn't have a car. Keisuke points to the Impreza, and Takumi (also drunk) says it would be unfair because that car is too fast. This causes the two of them to get into a friendly scuffle.

The moral of the story is, Shigeno wants to point out that it doesn't matter who is faster at this point, as they both achieve their dreams.

It's kind of like the Bunta vs. Ken scenario, which in turn reflects real life. Out of 100 matches, if one person wins 54 matches, does it really 'matter' who is better?

What REALLY bothers me (that Shigeno IS to blame for), was Bunta saying "well, this is the last thing I can do for Takumi" and then NEVER MENTIONS WHAT IT IS AGAIN.

At the very least he could have had the two of them race like the Ryosuke-Takumi race from Third Stage where you don't see a winner...
Phantom_R32
Posted: Oct 27 2014, 04:06 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

QUOTE (Crono0001 @ Oct 22 2014, 03:22 PM)
and the races in the Kanagawa prefecture were actually VERY exciting in the Manga.  It just didn't translate well to the anime.

Weren't all of the races pretty much the same?

The only thing I can think of that was different was they didn't show what the Roadster bumped the spoiler on in the anime. All you heard was the sound. Besides that, all of the other races seemed just as boring as they were in the manga.

The one thing the manga had on the anime was all of the story related scenes. The anime was such a rush job that they excluded a bunch. Like Takumi and Mika going to the beach, Yuuichi driving the Impreza, Bunta and Kogashiwa meeting up by the lake.. etc etc

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Oct 27 2014, 04:08 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 27 2014, 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ 1 hour, 45 minutes ago)
Weren't all of the races pretty much the same?

The only thing I can think of that was different was they didn't show what the Roadster bumped the spoiler on in the anime. All you heard was the sound. Besides that, all of the other races seemed just as boring as they were in the manga.

The one thing the manga had on the anime was all of the story related scenes. The anime was such a rush job that they excluded a bunch. Like Takumi and Mika going to the beach, Yuuichi driving the Impreza, Bunta and Kogashiwa meeting up by the lake.. etc etc

When did Yuuichi end up driving the Impreza? As for the beach bit, it would've been neat to see the way Takumi handled bypassing an accident in an animated form.
MonkeyWrenchd
Posted: Oct 28 2014, 07:06 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 43,964

Bunta and Kogashiwa meeting should have been included in the anime. It was pretty funny when Bunta asked Kogashiwa if he wanted to challenge Bunta again because Bunta himself will accept the challenge and Kogashiwa saying Bunta is cheating for bringing the Impreza lol.

Yuuichi driving the Impreza is included in the final episodes of 4th stage with himself saying to Bunta how fun the car is.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

This post has been edited by MonkeyWrenchd on Oct 28 2014, 07:08 AM
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 28 2014, 12:33 PM

QUOTE (MonkeyWrenchd @ 5 hours, 26 minutes ago)
Bunta and Kogashiwa meeting should have been included in the anime. It was pretty funny when Bunta asked Kogashiwa if he wanted to challenge Bunta again because Bunta himself will accept the challenge and Kogashiwa saying Bunta is cheating for bringing the Impreza lol.

Yuuichi driving the Impreza is included in the final episodes of 4th stage with himself saying to Bunta how fun the car is.

Oh, cause from the sound of the earlier post it wasn't included in the anime. I guess it was then.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Oct 28 2014, 01:09 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

Woops.. You guys are right. It's been a while since I watched 4th Stage.
shadow55419
Posted: Oct 28 2014, 01:17 PM

Meteor's partner in crime!

Member No.: 39,000

QUOTE (BOZZ @ Yesterday, 3:22 PM)
At the very least he could have had the two of them race like the Ryosuke-Takumi race from Third Stage where you don't see a winner...

would have been better than nothing, but i think it would have caused more trouble cause folk wanna see who would win :/
HyperSonic
Posted: Oct 29 2014, 01:22 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 38,471

QUOTE (shadow55419 @ Yesterday, 1:17 PM)
would have been better than nothing, but i think it would have caused more trouble cause folk wanna see who would win :/

Yeah, I second that. Plus a rematch without a clear winner would sort of end like a tie for the readers/watchers. Then again, Takumi still has 2 wins under his belt against Keisuke and a tie if ever that rematch that doesn't show who wins actually happens. Besides, since the rematch is something we readers/watchers have been asking for, do you think they would include it in the Trilogy? I mean I am just speculating here. all those unanswered stuffs can show up there. Would they? facepalm.gif facepalm.gif
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 29 2014, 12:33 PM

QUOTE (HyperSonic @ Today, 5:22 AM)
Yeah, I second that. Plus a rematch without a clear winner would sort of end like a tie for the readers/watchers. Then again, Takumi still has 2 wins under his belt against Keisuke and a tie if ever that rematch that doesn't show who wins actually happens. Besides, since the rematch is something we readers/watchers have been asking for, do you think they would include it in the Trilogy? I mean I am just speculating here. all those unanswered stuffs can show up there. Would they? facepalm.gif facepalm.gif

True, but technically they only had one official race. As for the movie though, from the looks of it the trilogy won't cover Project D so I doubt they'd do a rematch between the two there.
fettman53
Posted: Oct 30 2014, 12:54 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 25,717

Well you see, the reason there was never a rematch was because Takumi would lose.

And we all know that in Initial D......THAT CAN'T HAPPEN.

So it never did.
ghost of akina
Posted: Nov 25 2014, 08:07 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 2,128

Bumping a slightly old thread, solely because this has been a big disappointment for me. After watching this buildup of Initial D for over a decade I really feel like we were given a very mediocre ending at best. It's like watching Lord of the Rings but not seeing Frodo finally get the ring to wherever he was trying to go.

I really wanted to see a final race between Takumi and Keisuke; just the two of them and no one else around. That would have been the least they should have done, but also a Bunta race and/or a Ryosuke race would have been appropriate as well to please the fans.

I MEAN SERIOUSLY WHAT THE HELL WAS WITH FINAL STAGE!?!?!?

Here's my fanfic, may be too graphic for some younger viewers. My apologies as I'm very upset!
----------------------

Keisuke wants a rematch with Takumi but he repeatedly refuses. Keisuke comes to the brilliant realization that if he bangs Natsuki repeatedly this will make Takumi so upset that he will agree to the rematch. Keisuke's family is well off so Natsuki's starter fee is well within reason and Keisuke has no problem paying it (and even leaves a generous tip).

Keisuke and Takumi decide to do an endurance race that includes every course they've been on in the entire series. It takes 3 days to complete all the courses, where the find themselves neck and neck going into the final turn.

At this point they realize they both got AIDS from Natuski and will die anyway, so they really go all out on the final turn. Since they have been racing for several days they have no tires left and are running on bare wheel, this creates a spark and lights the cars on fire (Ryosuke explains the physics behind this in great detail). The both skid off the final turn and like a comet fly from the cliff into the abyss.

We see or hear no crash. Only Bunta remarking that it's likely the tofu will be charred.

Anyways Ryosuke and Bunta decide to race so that they can raise awareness for AIDS in memory of their lost ones (or so we think). They decide to race on FUJI super speedway because their awesome like that and figure it will raise the most for AIDS research.

Bunta wins easily. After the race Ryosuke approaches Bunta.

"Who are you again", says Ryosuke.
"I'm Bunta, Takumi's dad." Bunta says in response.
"Oh wow gee that's cool, funny how we never met"
"Yeah no shit" Bunta replies as he takes a puff from his cigarette (he eventually dies of lung cancer).

The race was widely covered by the press and they are able to raise enough money to cure AIDS.

The end! Don't you love happy endings?!

This post has been edited by ghost of akina on Nov 25 2014, 08:31 PM
fettman53
Posted: Nov 25 2014, 10:13 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 25,717

Oh my goodness.

Well, in the words of Jeremy Clarkson:

"And there we are!"

This post has been edited by fettman53 on Nov 25 2014, 10:13 PM
maxofsteam
Posted: Nov 26 2014, 09:35 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 43,805

I didn't really care for Keisuke vs Takumi anyways. I'd rather see Project D being challenged by some unknown stranger on Akina Pass and it turning out to be Bunta doing the downhill and uphill run.
Falbere
Posted: Nov 26 2014, 09:59 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

I am proud of you, ghost of akina. This is way better than my fanfiction.
eatsuki
Posted: Oct 27 2016, 05:09 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 38,650

QUOTE (ghost of akina @ Nov 25 2014, 08:07 PM)
Bumping a slightly old thread, solely because this has been a big disappointment for me. After watching this buildup of Initial D for over a decade I really feel like we were given a very mediocre ending at best. It's like watching Lord of the Rings but not seeing Frodo finally get the ring to wherever he was trying to go.

I really wanted to see a final race between Takumi and Keisuke; just the two of them and no one else around. That would have been the least they should have done, but also a Bunta race and/or a Ryosuke race would have been appropriate as well to please the fans.

I MEAN SERIOUSLY WHAT THE HELL WAS WITH FINAL STAGE!?!?!?

Here's my fanfic, may be too graphic for some younger viewers. My apologies as I'm very upset!
----------------------

Keisuke wants a rematch with Takumi but he repeatedly refuses. Keisuke comes to the brilliant realization that if he bangs Natsuki repeatedly this will make Takumi so upset that he will agree to the rematch. Keisuke's family is well off so Natsuki's starter fee is well within reason and Keisuke has no problem paying it (and even leaves a generous tip).

Keisuke and Takumi decide to do an endurance race that includes every course they've been on in the entire series. It takes 3 days to complete all the courses, where the find themselves neck and neck going into the final turn.

At this point they realize they both got AIDS from Natuski and will die anyway, so they really go all out on the final turn. Since they have been racing for several days they have no tires left and are running on bare wheel, this creates a spark and lights the cars on fire (Ryosuke explains the physics behind this in great detail). The both skid off the final turn and like a comet fly from the cliff into the abyss.

We see or hear no crash. Only Bunta remarking that it's likely the tofu will be charred.

Anyways Ryosuke and Bunta decide to race so that they can raise awareness for AIDS in memory of their lost ones (or so we think). They decide to race on FUJI super speedway because their awesome like that and figure it will raise the most for AIDS research.

Bunta wins easily. After the race Ryosuke approaches Bunta.

"Who are you again", says Ryosuke.
"I'm Bunta, Takumi's dad." Bunta says in response.
"Oh wow gee that's cool, funny how we never met"
"Yeah no shit" Bunta replies as he takes a puff from his cigarette (he eventually dies of lung cancer).

The race was widely covered by the press and they are able to raise enough money to cure AIDS.

The end! Don't you love happy endings?!

HAHAHAHA this is gold laugh.gif

And yeah, I REALLY wanted a rematch between them. I just rewatched Initial D again and right before Takumi joined Project D,

Keisuke was telling Takumi that they will race again and he would grind him into dust. Shigeno just forgot about that declaration of war rolleyes.gif
xiao
Posted: Oct 27 2016, 05:59 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (eatsuki @ 47 minutes, 13 seconds ago)
Shigeno just forgot about that declaration of war rolleyes.gif

Shigeno turned into Papa Benz with all the money he made from Initial D. He'll be back once his harem of softball high school girls graduate ... or he'll just go nutz and go even deeper into perversion & write a manga about a middle-school go-kart league. It's gonna be called Bakuon!! InitiaL.Hamilton. user posted image beep-beep<!!
GoodOldGunman
Posted: Oct 28 2016, 05:27 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 42,633

I think Takumi would win downhill. He already could keep a small lead on Keisuke's FD during Project D's practices. Uphill, it is a easy win for Keisuke unless Takumi adds a turbo on the GC8.

When did Keisuke lose against Takumi TWO times? As far as I can remember, he lost only once at Akina.
eatsuki
Posted: Oct 28 2016, 07:11 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 38,650

QUOTE (xiao @ Yesterday, 5:59 PM)
Shigeno turned into Papa Benz with all the money he made from Initial D. He'll be back once his harem of softball high school girls graduate ... or he'll just go nutz and go even deeper into perversion & write a manga about a middle-school go-kart league. It's gonna be called Bakuon!! InitiaL.Hamilton. http://imgur.com/cDw3X1N.png beep-beep<!!

Yep, Papa Benz is a proper description.

Maybe Shigeno is missing something in his life. Doesn't he have some female fans to cheer him up and give him a renewed motivation to continue ( more like finish ) Initial D properly? laugh2.gif

Takumi vs Keisuke rematch would bring the series full circle

2 Pages  1 2