Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS1) Dream Fighters - I Can't Stop Lovin' You

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

63 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 78,936  ·  Replies: 1,550 
> Naruto, Anyone seen it?
Tai-Mai-Shu
  Posted: Jun 26 2003, 08:42 AM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 187

I hope this isn't a blank topic, and I also hope theres more anime watchers than me =\.

Anyways, anyone seen it?

I admit , it's all filler no killer, I'll explain my statement once I know someone knows this anime. I don't like the series one bit.

But I contradict that statement cuz somehow it draws me back everytime mad.gif . Pretty weird feeling, just like watching pokemon when i was young.

Kamui
Posted: Jun 26 2003, 08:45 AM

Abba Zaba, you my only friend!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 469

hmm can i get it off kazaa lite if so i'll check it out
might be interesting .. ohmy.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
awddrifter
Posted: Jun 26 2003, 10:46 AM

なんでやねん

Member No.: 377

I've seen the first couple of eps... I didn't really like it...
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Indecisive
Posted: Jun 26 2003, 11:06 AM

the deranged one

Member No.: 34

my friend is totally obsessed with Naruto...I'll check it out once I'm finished Star Ocean EX. just hold out til then heh.
Tai-Mai-Shu
  Posted: Jun 26 2003, 12:34 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 187

Star Ocean EX was pretty good. I thought the ending was really rushed though, it was like as if the creators didn't have enough time to fit a dramatic ending along the plot in 26 eps.

Anyways Naruto is like those shows that tell how magic tricks are done =\. It also takes an entire ep to explain useless plot because of flashbacks and repetitive motions already shown in previous eps in the beginning summary of each ep.

Guest_Ruki
Posted: Jun 26 2003, 12:36 PM

Unregistered

XD You should read the manga then. It'd be much more interesting for you. Less repetition. But, Naruto is really good. happy.gif Then again, it depends on the type of anime you like. ^^;
karasac
Posted: Jun 26 2003, 04:57 PM

Rotary Disciple

Member No.: 11

naruto is good, its kind of like DBZ mixed with kenshin

its like DBZ in the way it lags(the notorious 5 min of goku and bad guy looking at eachother)

and like kenshin in that the story draws u in and makes u wanna see more
|[ .tainted. ]|
Posted: Jun 26 2003, 05:42 PM

IDforum OG member

Member No.: 141

i downloaded the manga from toriyamaworld... but when Viz licensed the damn [amazingly great] manga... i downloaded the anime... up to like 5 eps... i prefer the manga... and i've got a new d/l'ing place for it too... storyline is wicked [since i'm a ninja fan] and the manga's getting better and better... the anime... is just going too slow for me... and the animation seems 2d... you barely see actual fighting movements... not well done in my opinion... it's just the manga with colors pretty much... and some voice to it...
killerenergy
Posted: Jun 28 2003, 02:32 PM

Hi!

Member No.: 152

you can still get the manga fear2.gif
just have too look, but theres also the fact that I also subscribe too shonen jump, which does an ok job of travslation. Man I want some come come paridise! happy.gif ohmy.gif
David
Posted: Jun 29 2003, 03:40 PM

IDW Lead Shmuck

Member No.: 124

my friend robyn she loves this show dry.gif every time i go to her house i MUST see aleast one little naruto tihng haha well i dont really like it but its ok i watched ep 1 - 3 haha smile.gif but i tihnk its a waste of time to download this biggrin.gif but thats just me!
|[ .tainted. ]|
Posted: Jun 29 2003, 06:15 PM

IDforum OG member

QUOTE (killerenergy @ Jun 28 2003, 05:23 PM)
you can still get the manga fear2.gif
just have too look, but theres also the fact that I also subscribe too shonen jump, which does an ok job of travslation. Man I want some come come paridise! happy.gif ohmy.gif

i do d/l the rest of the manga shifty2.gif
S15-guy
Posted: Jun 29 2003, 07:07 PM

dampachi!

Member No.: 177

what is this? anyone wanna explain it to me?
|[ .tainted. ]|
Posted: Jun 29 2003, 07:50 PM

IDforum OG member

-AnimeNfo.com

Anime description
In a concealed village, a young man hides within a bunch of leaves. His name is Uzumaki Naruto, a mischievous boy attending Ninja Academy.

Everyday, he does nothing but cause mischief and making Iruka-sensei mad. And above all, it's doubtful that he'll be able to graduate from the Academy. But Naruto has a dream... A dream that he'll become the head of the Ninja village, following Hokage (greatest ranking ninja) and will become the best ninja around.

However, all the adults in the village give Naruto cold looks. The truth is, Naruto has a secret about his birth. 12 years ago, "Kyuubi no Youko" (Nine Tailed Fox - A kind of evil spirit who tormented the village, was sealed within Naruto's body who was, at the time, a baby. The head of the academy, Mizuki, uses Naruto to steal the "Fuujin Scrolls" and makes Naruto understand his past. Naruto is outraged.

Even with Iruka's help, Naruto just barely defeats Mizuki. Knowing Naruto's secret, Iruka knows Naruto will meet someone who'll help him and so, makes a decision. Naruto is allowed to graduate safely from Ninja Academy. Along with his classmates, Uchiwa Sasuke and Haruno Sakura together, they make their first step as Ninjas!

Manga description
Naruto is a reincarnated boy of the nine-tails fox who once attacked his village - the fox was "sealed" in him rather, but people still hate him because of the incident of the attack. Naruto's an orphan, and the seclusion from "normal" people doesn't really help. The only one he can be on the "same level" with is probably Iruka-sensei, his teacher in the ninja institute. Iruka-sensei might be plowing Naruto to be doing better in his ninja skills, but he really cares about Naruto because he used to be like Naruto too - an orphan who wants attention by doing pranks and such. (Such a sappy storyline, I know) It was hard for Naruto to earn recognition from anybody for who he really is though. People just regard him as the nine-tail fox demon, which is also at risk of reappearing if Naruto's seal is broken.
Enter your name
Posted: Jul 3 2003, 12:18 AM

Unregistered

mwuahahah
Zephyr
Posted: Jul 6 2003, 10:31 PM

ViRtUal Racer

Member No.: 231

I like this anime better than Initial D.

Psych!
It's really cool though. I wish I could download more eps but I'm down to dialup again sad.gif
4g63T
Posted: Jul 6 2003, 11:33 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 413

been watchign it since the start. but the stories are starting to drag out, remindes me of dbz where everything got drug out till you start to loose intrest, but its still preety awsome
|[ .tainted. ]|
Posted: Jul 7 2003, 12:28 AM

IDforum OG member

you should see the manga instead happy.gif
Sasuke's CHIDORI VS. Naruto's RASENGAN!!
OH YEAH!! biggrin.gif
killerenergy
Posted: Jul 7 2003, 11:10 AM

Hi!

Member No.: 152

is that in the newest chapter? do they fight? I am up to 173 btw
|[ .tainted. ]|
Posted: Jul 8 2003, 02:04 PM

IDforum OG member

QUOTE (killerenergy @ Jul 7 2003, 02:08 PM)
is that in the newest chapter? do they fight? I am up to 173 btw

yup biggrin.gif i'm at 176
it comes every week since it's the newest i believe... the same as what's going out in japan...
Vash Stampede
Posted: Jul 15 2003, 09:51 AM

Capt. kilt flipper

Member No.: 416

Naruto, from what I understand is based on the nintendo game , rather then the Manga.. anyway I have all 40 ep. of naruto.. I love it, some stuff deos drag and they do cheat it a bit with 5 min of 'last episode' stuff.. but overall it's fun, and naruto is a riotI love the fact that everygirl lovs the otherguy but not him and the one girl that likes him .. he's oblivious too .. that and the stupid konoharu ( sp) kid and his buddies..
|[ .tainted. ]|
Posted: Jul 16 2003, 09:20 AM

IDforum OG member

there's a nintendo game? blink.gif hahaha
never knew
fluker
Posted: Jul 24 2003, 11:44 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 269

I have been watching this it is pretty cool I m up to ep 20 atm
still downloading it off kazza dam it is slow anyone got a ftp link???
|[ .tainted. ]|
Posted: Jul 25 2003, 09:08 AM

IDforum OG member

just get it from toriyamaworld
but you'll need bittorent to d/l the files
i think they have the latest episodes...
Kamui
Posted: Jul 25 2003, 09:15 AM

Abba Zaba, you my only friend!

Member No.: 469

Yea i have naruto for my JP ps2 its ok i guess never got into it
that much o well it was only like six bucks so can't go wrong there w00t2.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
4g63T
Posted: Jul 26 2003, 12:00 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 413

tw's goign uber slow with it tough the popular oppinion is they are the better one's doing it anbu's supposedly got horrable subbing ive got all tw stuff but theyre still at 26 and anbu's up to 41 and 42 should be out sometime this weekend im watching theirs but burning the tw stuff.

63 Pages  1 2 3 »