Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Entry Maxi4 (Terminal mode)

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 15,135  ·  Replies: 60 
> INTIAL D LIVE ACTION UK STAGE [S01E03], Live Action Initial D UK Stage
kkullar
  Posted: Jun 18 2014, 01:51 PM

Initial D Live Action UK Stage

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,511

EDIT: Subtitles / CC now available! smile.gif

Hey guys,

This has been the most difficult video I've ever made, learned so much from this and so many people where involved. I'll stop typing now because I might give something away. Hope you guys enjoy it!

oh and please watch episode 1 & 2 first if you haven't.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjCI...BhtFpXo50P-9k6N

YOUTUBE ( http://youtu.be/stOL3wLMJwI )

Thanks for all the support over the last 2 and your feedback would be great thanks again!!!! smile.gif

This post has been edited by kkullar on Jun 21 2014, 05:29 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 18 2014, 09:20 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Allllll right! Just got done watching episode 3. First off, before I say anything, let me congratulate you--this is the best one yet and you did a spectacular job with all the feedback! I'm not sure where you got someone on the team who could do CG for you, but they did a super job too. Props! Can't wait for episode 4!

Only two 'critiques' to mention. First, it appears that you've yet again let YouTube fuck around with the video. You should probably go into the video settings on your Video Manager and disable YouTube's automatic 'jitter fixing' nonsense. Even though it tries to keep camera shake down, it induces all sorts of other weird, distracting artifacts in the video.

Two... and this isn't really a critique as much as a comment...

IT'S TIME TO GET SRS
troll.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
kkullar
  Posted: Jun 19 2014, 04:38 AM

Thanks glad you enjoyed it I'll have to look into the YouTube setting like you said.

I think the srs light was on because the airbag was disconnected when we put the omp wheel in.

The cg was all done by me and a friend. He modelled and textured the car, I modelled, texture and lit the environment. I also animated the car and composited the final. The VTEC changeover and engine internals where something I've been working on for a while the render times where killer through haha.

Actually I have some really cool screenshots which show a breakdown of that cg scene with the car I have to post them when I get to my computer.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 19 2014, 01:06 PM

ShiMACHaze

Wow... I never thought we'd have had that level of committment here on IDW. I hope you guys get far with this, because if these three episodes are any indication...

Well jeez, it's certainly better than Fifth Stage! cool.gif
Spaz
Posted: Jun 19 2014, 07:47 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

LOL @ better than Fifth Stage! It's QFT!

You did great with the feedback, as Nomake said. Absolutely great. The addition of the CG was well implemented too.

You can fix the SRS light with a resistor BTW.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 19 2014, 11:44 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Spaz @ 3 hours, 57 minutes ago)

Or just pull the bulb since your SRS isn't there anyway and thus there's no need to heed the warning.

Or rewire the bulb to come on when you shift into your final gear! awesome.gif

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Jun 19 2014, 11:44 PM
eatsuki
Posted: Jun 20 2014, 05:26 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 38,650

This keeps getting better and better biggrin.gif I like all the extra effort you put into filming the dialogue scenes to develop all the characters and show the main character's friends and background.

The first dialogue scene sure builds up the suspense, as does the tune-up scenes.

Must have been difficult to film at night. Good stuff! I also like the extra touch with the Friday the 13th Jason masks haha
Perry
Posted: Jun 21 2014, 01:23 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Will make a post about this soon as soon as I get some free time. smile.gif Judging by the comments, this looks very promising.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Venny503
Posted: Jun 21 2014, 04:03 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 42,095

Crap, I was away while it was uploaded.

I think overall everything has improved, though the music was a little loud and the voices quiet during some scenes.

Other than that, it's awesome!

Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Jun 21 2014, 04:24 AM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

I thought you would cut the song 1.2.3.4. Fire! short just like what they did in Fifth Stage. I'm glad it did not happen w00t2.gif

The ED (chAngE) was not from miwa right? Did not sound like her.

You have one more subscriber now thumbsup.gif
kkullar
  Posted: Jun 21 2014, 03:04 PM

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Jun 19 2014, 01:06 PM)
Wow... I never thought we'd have had that level of committment here on IDW. I hope you guys get far with this, because if these three episodes are any indication...

Well jeez, it's certainly better than Fifth Stage! cool.gif

QUOTE (Spaz @ Jun 19 2014, 07:47 PM)
LOL @ better than Fifth Stage! It's QFT!

You did great with the feedback, as Nomake said. Absolutely great. The addition of the CG was well implemented too.

Thanks so much guys. I'm glad I went for the high number of CG shots since there was no CG in the second episode hopefully this made up for that.

I think the most difficult thing with the CG was to get a render that quick enough to be feasible but had good quality, some of the first renders of the EK9 took 30 minutes a frame at 1080HD. Actually it was probably the optimization of the render which took the longest amount of time. All in all I managed to get the EK9 CG to render in a week.

My friend did an amazing job of modeling the car.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1920 x 1080. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Jun 19 2014, 11:44 PM)
Or just pull the bulb since your SRS isn't there anyway and thus there's no need to heed the warning.

Or rewire the bulb to come on when you shift into your final gear! awesome.gif

Haha not a bad idea. smile.gif

QUOTE (eatsuki @ Yesterday, 5:26 AM)
This keeps getting better and better biggrin.gif I like all the extra effort you put into filming the dialogue scenes to develop all the characters and show the main character's friends and background.

The first dialogue scene sure builds up the suspense, as does the tune-up scenes.

Must have been difficult to film at night. Good stuff! I also like the extra touch with the Friday the 13th Jason masks haha

Thanks, the night shooting was a killer, coming in early in the morning and just seeing some shots were not to the quality I wanted was just so depressing at times. Don't remember how many times it took me to get the shots that worked lol but we got them in the end.

Also I was trying to think about like the color palette this episode too. With a nice stylized grade, I think doing it at night helps get that look that I wanted.

QUOTE (Perry @ Today, 1:23 AM)
Will make a post about this soon as soon as I get some free time. smile.gif Judging by the comments, this looks very promising.

Thanks man that would be amazing. smile.gif

QUOTE (Venny503 @ Today, 4:03 AM)
Crap, I was away while it was uploaded.

I think overall everything has improved, though the music was a little loud and the voices quiet during some scenes.

Other than that, it's awesome!

Thanks, I think audio is one of those things now which will go to the top of my list for the next episode. Really desperately want to get it bang on for the next one. smile.gif

QUOTE (Takahashi Rensuke @ Today, 4:24 AM)
I thought you would cut the song 1.2.3.4. Fire! short just like what they did in Fifth Stage. I'm glad it did not happen  w00t2.gif

The ED (chAngE) was not from miwa right? Did not sound like her.

You have one more subscriber now  thumbsup.gif

Thanks for subscribing, yeah I love 1.2.3.4 FIRE got to be one of my favorites. Yeah I don't think its original version. the original sounds way different you just brought this to my attention. Hopefully it still gives good feeling to the end,
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Jun 22 2014, 04:12 AM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

QUOTE (kkullar @ Today, 7:04 AM)
Thanks for subscribing, yeah I love 1.2.3.4 FIRE got to be one of my favorites. Yeah I don't think its original version. the original sounds way different you just brought this to my attention. Hopefully it still gives good feeling to the end,

I don't know about the others, but to me it just sounded weird. Maybe it was because I was used to the original laugh2.gif
Mot
Posted: Jun 22 2014, 08:06 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 40,697

Just watched it, definately an improvement over the first two.

What I liked:
- CG scenes, both EK9 and the engine, amazing work!
- story development
- driving scenes

What I didn't like:
- drivers aura effect (10:14), seemed a little out of place
- sound effect for the picture in picture effect is way loud (14:00 and before)
- YouTube messing with the video (look at 5:34)
- reusage of footage already shown (10:38 sequence or parts from that sequence were used multiple times)

Keep it up though, really enjoyed it!
RedsunsF1
Posted: Jun 22 2014, 12:06 PM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

Member No.: 38,401

Just saw the video on Facebook. Thought i visit the forum to let you know that I really like what you're doing! Nice job and keep up the great work!

Love that yellow Honda derp.gif
kkullar
  Posted: Jun 24 2014, 02:35 PM

QUOTE (Takahashi Rensuke @ Jun 22 2014, 04:12 AM)
I don't know about the others, but to me it just sounded weird. Maybe it was because I was used to the original  laugh2.gif

I prefer the original too.

QUOTE (Mot @ Jun 22 2014, 08:06 AM)
Just watched it, definately an improvement over the first two.

What I liked:
- CG scenes, both EK9 and the engine, amazing work!
- story development
- driving scenes

What I didn't like:
- drivers aura effect (10:14), seemed a little out of place
- sound effect for the picture in picture effect is way loud (14:00 and before)
- YouTube messing with the video (look at 5:34)
- reusage of footage already shown (10:38 sequence or parts from that sequence were used multiple times)

Keep it up though, really enjoyed it!

Thanks for watching, I'll take everything you said into account. smile.gif

QUOTE (RedsunsF1 @ Jun 22 2014, 12:06 PM)
Just saw the video on Facebook. Thought i visit the forum to let you know that I really like what you're doing! Nice job and keep up the great work!

Love that yellow Honda  derp.gif

Thanks for watching. Yeah that yellow Jordan has really been through a transformation. smile.gif
Rin
Posted: Jun 24 2014, 04:06 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 43,355

Very nice work, everything is so well done. Camera work, editing, etc. thumbsup.gif

I'll be following this series if you don't mind lol
kkullar
  Posted: Jun 24 2014, 04:38 PM

QUOTE (Rin @ 30 minutes, 57 seconds ago)
Very nice work, everything is so well done. Camera work, editing, etc. thumbsup.gif

I'll be following this series if you don't mind lol

Thanks so much, means a lot smile.gif
Rin
Posted: Jun 24 2014, 04:43 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 43,355

Also, how many more episodes will there be in store? Think you can give an estimated number?

And as mentioned before, I hope you'll take some time to read Accel Code too.

We might learn something from each other through sharing our stuffs lol. laugh.gif
kkullar
  Posted: Jun 25 2014, 05:20 PM

QUOTE (Rin @ Yesterday, 4:43 PM)
Also, how many more episodes will there be in store? Think you can give an estimated number?

And as mentioned before, I hope you'll take some time to read Accel Code too.

We might learn something from each other through sharing our stuffs lol. laugh.gif

Just posted on that topic. smile.gif Really enjoyed it.
Gunma's 34
Posted: Jun 25 2014, 05:50 PM

The R34's chosen one

Member No.: 27,787

So I finally got the time to watch episode 3 (apologies for the delay in giving you feedback on this work of yours due to my hectic work schedule with me dealing with hypersomnia).

The writing of this new episode is relatively great as opposed to episode 1 and 2. The add on of full-technical discussions between Ashely and his mechanic followed by philosophical talk as to "why return to racing" and "driving on the edge" gave it a mixed feeling weighing the good and bad of this "past time". This suddenly became a mix of Wangan Midnight and Initial D where WM focuses on tuning talk + reasoning of why people race and ID which focuses on the application aspect + the territory. It's what got me hooked and made me even empathize with Ashley's mechanic whom he called out of the blue.

the EK9 CG was breathtaking and if you increase the darkness or contrast in the background, we would not have mistaken it for the actual video footage. If you are to reuse that scene and do said contrast, no one would even know the difference.

The one drawback is during Kiran/You and his friends after what seems to be university; where after the teacher passed by and left in her Accord-R, everyone is a car whiz. Probably a good balance of non-car lingo would even things out for the episode; it is as if everybody is a car wiz. It's just my overall opinion and I think an innocent mind or absent-minded person among the protagonist cast would be a good contrast to the serious half of the crew, Ashley included in the latter.

Lastly, the one surprising thing is the black Accord driver back in Ep 1 suddenly arrives in a Black R35. That caught me by surprise; not because it's a GT-R (Already fanboyed before he stepped out of the car), but more like... is that another garage car he's borrowing or is that guy simply loaded?!

@kkular, I'm expecting greater things from this. Also, I'll contact you one of these days if I'll ask help in some collaborations for mine.

Speaking of collabs, I liked how the conversations turned out, audacity-wise. They're more balanced though the talk between you and some your peers in that day-time scene still need more compression/amplification compared to the rest of the cast.

Keep it up. You have my support.
kkullar
  Posted: Jun 25 2014, 06:25 PM

QUOTE (Gunma's 34 @ 34 minutes, 15 seconds ago)
So I finally got the time to watch episode 3 (apologies for the delay in giving you feedback on this work of yours due to my hectic work schedule with me dealing with hypersomnia).

The writing of this new episode is relatively great as opposed to episode 1 and 2. The add on of full-technical discussions between Ashely and his mechanic followed by philosophical talk as to "why return to racing" and "driving on the edge" gave it a mixed feeling weighing the good and bad of this "past time". This suddenly became a mix of Wangan Midnight and Initial D where WM focuses on tuning talk + reasoning of why people race and ID which focuses on the application aspect + the territory. It's what got me hooked and made me even empathize with Ashley's mechanic whom he called out of the blue.

the EK9 CG was breathtaking and if you increase the darkness or contrast in the background, we would not have mistaken it for the actual video footage. If you are to reuse that scene and do said contrast, no one would even know the difference.

The one drawback is during Kiran/You and his friends after what seems to be university; where after the teacher passed by and left in her Accord-R, everyone is a car whiz. Probably a good balance of non-car lingo would even things out for the episode; it is as if everybody is a car wiz. It's just my overall opinion and I think an innocent mind or absent-minded person among the protagonist cast would be a good contrast to the serious half of the crew, Ashley included in the latter.

Lastly, the one surprising thing is the black Accord driver back in Ep 1 suddenly arrives in a Black R35. That caught me by surprise; not because it's a GT-R (Already fanboyed before he stepped out of the car), but more like... is that another garage car he's borrowing or is that guy simply loaded?!

@kkular, I'm expecting greater things from this. Also, I'll contact you one of these days if I'll ask help in some collaborations for mine.

Speaking of collabs, I liked how the conversations turned out, audacity-wise. They're more balanced though the talk between you and some your peers in that day-time scene still need more compression/amplification compared to the rest of the cast.

Keep it up. You have my support.

Thanks for watching man, and sorry to hear about your excessive tiredness hope you get better soon.

You raised some great points which I totally over looked, I'm sitting here asking myself why are all my friends car mad just like you said. This is something I'll defiantly address next time.

About the GTR this is something that was meant to get the viewer thinking, and will be explained in the next ep, but I can understand why it is abit iffy, it is totally unexpected.

Thanks and yeah that would be great!

Hopefully for the next one I can just get the audio 100% gonna be one of those things that goes straight to the top end of the list! smile.gif

This post has been edited by kkullar on Jun 25 2014, 06:27 PM
kkullar
  Posted: Jul 13 2014, 04:14 PM

How many people think if I started a Kickstarter or IndieGoGo campaign they would be able to donate?
kyonpalm
Posted: Jul 13 2014, 08:52 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (kkullar @ 4 hours, 37 minutes ago)
How many people think if I started a Kickstarter or IndieGoGo campaign they would be able to donate?

Depends on what you'd be delivering.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
kkullar
  Posted: Jul 14 2014, 01:35 PM

Yeah was thinking about this again earlier. I think I could deliver a few good rewards, like T-shirts, DVD/Blu-ray, Stickers, maybe even some car parts. But if i was to do that I would have to re-brand and move away from the Initial D name because of copyright and stuff.

And thinking into it further I don't think I have enough viewer ship for something like that. :s

I'm really unsure what to do. :s

This post has been edited by kkullar on Jul 14 2014, 01:41 PM
Mot
Posted: Jul 15 2014, 07:00 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 40,697

QUOTE (kkullar @ Yesterday, 1:35 PM)
And thinking into it further I don't think I have enough viewer ship for something like that. :s

Only 6,5k views on youtube for ep 3 yet. I don't think that's enough for kickstarter or any other serious campaign.

3 Pages  1 2 3