Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Manuel - Sun In The Rain

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 11,579  ·  Replies: 57 
> INITIAL D LIVE ACTION [UK STAGE S01E02], Live Action Initial D UK Stage
kkullar
  Posted: Nov 7 2013, 12:36 PM

Initial D Live Action UK Stage

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,511

EDIT: Just finished adding the subtitles if you click the caption button on youtube player and click English, the subs should work.

Hey guys,

Its been a while but the second episode ready for you to watch, if you haven't seen the first episode then I suggest you check that out first ( http://youtu.be/69XQfJfRjBc )

This has been quite a hard episode, because I have been doing it around university like the last one, but from doing the last I learned loads. Also have more planned and I'm ready to start filming the 3rd episode soon.

Would like to have your feedback again please.

YOUTUBE ( http://youtu.be/V47lZaaJUQc )

Thanks for watching smile.gif

Kiran

This post has been edited by kkullar on Nov 25 2013, 07:32 PM
Perry
Posted: Nov 7 2013, 12:43 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

YAY!!!!!!! FINALLLY!!! I am going to watch it right away and give you some feedback! happy.gif
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Jezza_HR
Posted: Nov 7 2013, 01:19 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 8,289

Whereabouts are you based KKullar? If you're not too far away from me, would you want to put an 86 in one of the next episodes? Maybe as a cameo or something?
kkullar
  Posted: Nov 7 2013, 01:46 PM

QUOTE (Perry @ 1 hour, 1 minutes ago)
YAY!!!!!!! FINALLLY!!! I am going to watch it right away and give you some feedback! happy.gif

Thanks man, can't wait to hear what you have to say!!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Jezza_HR @ 25 minutes, 7 seconds ago)
Whereabouts are you based KKullar? If you're not too far away from me, would you want to put an 86 in one of the next episodes? Maybe as a cameo or something?

Thanks for watching man! smile.gif I'm based in the west-midlands what about you?
Jezza_HR
Posted: Nov 7 2013, 01:55 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 8,289

I'm just South of London, so a bit of a distance. Shame really, as there's a couple of roads over this way that would be perfect filming locations.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 7 2013, 02:40 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

"I'm keepin' up with an EVO!"

Hahaha. No you're not. The EVO's keepin' up with you.

"I'm obviously out lookin' for fast street racers."
"I'm one of the fastest on this pass!"
"S'not like there's much talent 'round 'ere then?"

Burned.

"You Lan Evo boys think you're the best!"

Nah, JZX80 guys are the worst. Cocky, but with the power numbers to back it up every time. dry.gif

>Special Thanks: The Doctor
Which one? awesome.gif

Anyway, enough of that, on with the nitty-gritty.

Did you let youtube 'correct' the 'jitter' in your video automatically? The framerate seems a bit off, and there are parts that almost seem fisheye-like in panning areas that usually indicates youtube has messed with the source. If so, it's best to turn that off. Youtube doesn't know best, the videographer does. wink2.gif

The music/audio was better in this one, though you did go through BGMs like an alcoholic at a bar. It worked for the most part, it was just kinda surprising hearing so many changes mid-race.

Fun stuff though, looking forward to the third episode. cool.gif Got any RWD cars lined up? Or is that a production secret? biggrin.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
kyonpalm
Posted: Nov 7 2013, 03:25 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 45 minutes, 20 seconds ago)
... though you did go through BGMs like me with emoticons in a post.

Fix'd. Will see the video soon, by the way.
Wanderer
Posted: Nov 7 2013, 03:55 PM

The Watcher

Member No.: 35,816

That cliffhanger! Thoroughly excited for more! biggrin.gif

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
kkullar
  Posted: Nov 7 2013, 04:11 PM

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 hour, 22 minutes ago)
"I'm keepin' up with an EVO!"

Hahaha. No you're not. The EVO's keepin' up with you.

"I'm obviously out lookin' for fast street racers."
"I'm one of the fastest on this pass!"
"S'not like there's much talent 'round 'ere then?"

Burned.

"You Lan Evo boys think you're the best!"

Nah, JZX80 guys are the worst. Cocky, but with the power numbers to back it up every time. dry.gif

>Special Thanks: The Doctor
Which one? awesome.gif

Anyway, enough of that, on with the nitty-gritty.

Did you let youtube 'correct' the 'jitter' in your video automatically? The framerate seems a bit off, and there are parts that almost seem fisheye-like in panning areas that usually indicates youtube has messed with the source. If so, it's best to turn that off. Youtube doesn't know best, the videographer does. wink2.gif

The music/audio was better in this one, though you did go through BGMs like an alcoholic at a bar. It worked for the most part, it was just kinda surprising hearing so many changes mid-race.

Fun stuff though, looking forward to the third episode. cool.gif Got any RWD cars lined up? Or is that a production secret? biggrin.gif

Thanks for watching, I know what you mean about the jitter, thats because on set we have to be in and out really fast which means no time to set up anything over than the off chance tripod, so most of it hand held to maximize time, the wobble your seeing is warp stabilizer in after effects, its either that or have really shaky footage, but this should not be the case next episode.

Don't really want to say anything about cars just yet! But I'm glad you enjoyed it!

QUOTE (Wanderer @ 6 minutes, 51 seconds ago)
That cliffhanger! Thoroughly excited for more! biggrin.gif

Thanks for watching! smile.gif

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 36 minutes, 42 seconds ago)
Fix'd. Will see the video soon, by the way.

Thanks can't wait to hear what you think.

This post has been edited by kkullar on Nov 7 2013, 04:13 PM
Gunma's 34
Posted: Nov 7 2013, 05:49 PM

The R34's chosen one

Member No.: 27,787

An Evo experiencing the Fujiwara Zone... NOW I'VE SEEN EVERYTHING! Didn't expect that one; nor did I expect an Evo to come out this early.

SPOILER

Awesome take on this kkullar!

The EP3 driver has great acting skills. He can pose for a professional XD
Same with his passenger - not much emotion on his but if that's his character's personality, he got it right.
If the Evo driver snickered before saying "I am the best" it would've sound more convincing and gave him that awesome antagonizing look.

I really did wonder why he sold his yellow EK... have you ever considered adding subtitles to your vid?

Would you be needing sound files of Initial D 5th stage? I can PM you them upon your request.

This post has been edited by Gunma's 34 on Nov 7 2013, 05:50 PM
kkullar
  Posted: Nov 7 2013, 06:44 PM

QUOTE (Gunma's 34 @ 55 minutes, 7 seconds ago)
An Evo experiencing the Fujiwara Zone... NOW I'VE SEEN EVERYTHING! Didn't expect that one; nor did I expect an Evo to come out this early.

SPOILER

Awesome take on this kkullar!

The EP3 driver has great acting skills. He can pose for a professional XD
Same with his passenger - not much emotion on his but if that's his character's personality, he got it right.
If the Evo driver snickered before saying "I am the best" it would've sound more convincing and gave him that awesome antagonizing look.

I really did wonder why he sold his yellow EK... have you ever considered adding subtitles to your vid?

Would you be needing sound files of Initial D 5th stage? I can PM you them upon your request.

Thanks for watching, yeah was influenced by Fujiwara zone, I was thinking the EVO was running at just that much of a higher pace than the EP3, and he had the skills to back it up also.

I was also pretty happy with how the 2 actors did in the EP3, I hope to work the story of the yellow EK a bit more later too. As for subtitles go I think its a good idea I might start doing it soon maybe use youtubes built closed captions and transcripts to do it.

Thanks for the offer I will PM you if I need it smile.gif

Spaz
Posted: Nov 7 2013, 10:23 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

TME sticker on a '99 VI. Those body-colored door handles. wink2.gif

Also, it sounds (lol punny) like you need access to some boom mics, or at least could do with hiding a wireless mic and transmitter under the shirts of the actors. There were some scenes where the dialogue was way too quiet. Also, the passenger in the Civic could have used a bit more exaggeration and facial expression, if not for the moving backdrop outside the car they could have been still frames.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Nov 8 2013, 03:13 AM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

Super Rider and Beat Around! YES! You nailed the songs! But that "Wait For You".......... It doesn't really quite fit in XD

EDIT: May I suggest adding the used BGMs in the description? wink2.gif

This post has been edited by Takahashi Rensuke on Nov 9 2013, 08:39 AM
kkullar
  Posted: Nov 9 2013, 06:54 PM

QUOTE (Spaz @ Nov 7 2013, 10:23 PM)
TME sticker on a '99 VI. Those body-colored door handles. wink2.gif

Also, it sounds (lol punny) like you need access to some boom mics, or at least could do with hiding a wireless mic and transmitter under the shirts of the actors. There were some scenes where the dialogue was way too quiet. Also, the passenger in the Civic could have used a bit more exaggeration and facial expression, if not for the moving backdrop outside the car they could have been still frames.

Thanks for watching, yeah I know what you mean about the sound, next time will be using a boom microphone and taking more care over the audio. Point taken will put a lot more thought into the interior shots for the next one. smile.gif

QUOTE (Takahashi Rensuke @ Yesterday, 3:13 AM)
Super Rider and Beat Around! YES! You nailed the songs! But that "Wait For You".......... It doesn't really quite fit in XD

EDIT: May I suggest adding the used BGMs in the description? wink2.gif

Thanks for watching, will edit the description and put the BGM's in there as soon as I can. About the last song can't really say much of why I put that there just yet. wink2.gif
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Nov 10 2013, 12:53 AM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

QUOTE (kkullar @ 5 hours, 59 minutes ago)
About the last song can't really say much of why I put that there just yet. wink2.gif

I think if I give a wild guess I think I would get it. The main character would probably got hold of that car somehow and he fell in love with it, and he would beat a lot of racers.
eatsuki
Posted: Nov 12 2013, 05:46 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 38,650

I love this show! Also I'm happy THE PRINCE aka comic relief guy from episode 1 is back biggrin.gif

I like how you guys take your time to develop new characters and make a big story arc. Good stuff, I'll tune in again for sure to watch the next episodes. Again, great camera work, just like in episode 1.

I like the background music you chose too, fits the mood perfectly! The episode ended on a really good note. This show gets me really excited, can't wait for the next one!

Edit: About the passenger of the EP3 not showing a lot of emotion, I think he's supposed to be a calm and collected character, like Ryosuke. So when looking at this from that angle, I think the actor played his role well.

This post has been edited by eatsuki on Nov 12 2013, 05:55 PM
kkullar
  Posted: Nov 14 2013, 12:16 PM

QUOTE (eatsuki @ Nov 12 2013, 05:46 PM)
I love this show! Also I'm happy THE PRINCE aka comic relief guy from episode 1 is back biggrin.gif

I like how you guys take your time to develop new characters and make a big story arc. Good stuff, I'll tune in again for sure to watch the next episodes. Again, great camera work, just like in episode 1.

I like the background music you chose too, fits the mood perfectly! The episode ended on a really good note. This show gets me really excited, can't wait for the next one!

Edit: About the passenger of the EP3 not showing a lot of emotion, I think he's supposed to be a calm and collected character, like Ryosuke. So when looking at this from that angle, I think the actor played his role well.

Thanks for watching, I'm glad your enjoying it so far, yeah had to bring Lewis back, I wanna try made really solid characters that's why I like to bring them back, sometimes it depends on there availability too.

Hopefully within this one and the next one, can build some good foundations to build a good story from, you hit the nail on the head with Ashley but I think it will be more clear as his character progresses.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
kkullar
  Posted: Nov 26 2013, 11:25 AM

Hey guys just finished adding English subtitles to whole video through youtube, it took quite a while but watched it through and seems ok.

Just wondering if any of you guys can see if the translations work? I had some people check out a few and they seemed okay.

From my guess it just uses the transcript you uploaded and translates to the languages with Google translate but wondering how accurate it is?

Screen shot of some Japanese subtitles.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1920 x 1080. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Thanks
kyonpalm
Posted: Nov 26 2013, 02:47 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (kkullar @ 3 hours, 21 minutes ago)
From my guess it just uses the transcript you uploaded and translates to the languages with Google translate but wondering how accurate it is?

I don't know if it's Google translate that they use (though, given that YouTube is owned by Google, I would think that's a good guess) but whatever it is, it's an automatic translation, and automatic translations of context-based languages are no bueno.
Perry
Posted: Nov 27 2013, 04:32 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

kkullar
  Posted: Nov 27 2013, 06:57 AM

QUOTE (Perry @ 2 hours, 25 minutes ago)
This video has been featured on our fanpage (both FB and G+) and on the forums!

Forums: https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=46519
FB: http://facebook.com/go2id/photos/760012900681044
G+: https://plus.google.com/b/11240716509302977...sts/UW9PzzNpm63

Thank you so much man. So grateful right now, means a lot.
RickkyyP
Posted: Nov 27 2013, 01:09 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 41,137

Absolutely brilliant! Lots of dedication and time has clearly been invested in this! biggrin.gif
kkullar
  Posted: Nov 28 2013, 06:51 PM

QUOTE (RickkyyP @ Yesterday, 1:09 PM)
Absolutely brilliant! Lots of dedication and time has clearly been invested in this! biggrin.gif

Thank you very much and thanks for watching. smile.gif
RickkyyP
Posted: Dec 19 2013, 01:51 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 41,137

Don't know where you are based in the UK, but give me a shout if you want an SW20 turbo in any of your films!
Venny503
Posted: Dec 20 2013, 06:33 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 42,095

Watched this a couple of weeks ago, I really enjoyed it. It was nice seeing grip driving for a change. I've got high hopes for episode 3.

3 Pages  1 2 3