Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 11 unique listeners, playing Nuage - Sunday

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

9 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 59,089  ·  Replies: 212 
> Where/who is Takumi's mom ?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 1 2005, 12:40 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

*laughs* That's great! Oh man, that's original... good shit, mang!
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
TheTofuGuy
Posted: Aug 1 2005, 10:11 PM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,710

LOL that was funy as hell.
J2.0
Posted: Aug 1 2005, 10:20 PM

2.0? wtf is that?

Member No.: 6,414

QUOTE (RandRace @ Aug 1 2005, 04:31 PM)
PLease dont say Tak (Takumi) (Takumi) (Takumi) (Takumi)

Yea, his name is Taco-meat.

And his buddies Ricecake, Keskasay, Benji, Shitsucky, Bingo, Benta, Nachocheeso and Ickytony.

And, poor sap, his girlfriend Notsucky.

laugh2.gif laugh2.gif laugh2.gif laugh2.gif laugh2.gif

This post has been edited by J2.0 on Aug 1 2005, 10:39 PM
akishiro
Posted: Aug 1 2005, 10:25 PM

I'm Malaysian... so?

Member No.: 5,670

that deserves the double you tee eff...
Dave Rodgers
Posted: Aug 1 2005, 11:46 PM

Man who stand on toilet high on pot.

Member No.: 10,501

QUOTE (RandRace @ Aug 1 2005, 12:31 PM)
PLease dont say Tak (Takumi) (Takumi) (Takumi)

Yea, his name is Taco-meat.

And his buddies Ricecake, Keskasay, Benji, Shitsucky, Bingo, Benta, Nachocheeso and Ickytony.

And, poor sap, his girlfriend Notsucky.

LOL

Now that's actually funny. laugh.gif
Nakzters
Posted: Aug 4 2005, 06:01 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 10,854

Bunta and Takumi's mom had a big fight and Mrs. Fujiwara got so mad that she poked both eyes of Bunta and left... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif thats why Bunta cant open his eyes wide.... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif just kidding i think takumi's mom died from cancer smile.gif
G8Way918
Posted: Aug 5 2005, 09:47 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 7,731

Of course the only thing that could of happened is that she left Bunta for a columbian drug lord. happy.gif
Nakzters
Posted: Aug 5 2005, 10:38 AM

IDW Full Member

or maybe Mrs. Fujiwara likes BIKER BOYS NOT RACE CAR DRIVERS laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif shes a biker chick loooolz grin2.gif
fijbert
Posted: Aug 7 2005, 04:21 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 6,271

tofu poisoning
or left him cuz she got jealous of the 86

Bunta wld rather rev that engine than hers biggrin.gif
yaRauL
Posted: Aug 7 2005, 06:53 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 5,729

or maybe she did leave bunta and takumi for rich guys...since bunta only owns tofu shop and always stuck up eith his 86 whistling.gif
TheTofuGuy
Posted: Aug 7 2005, 08:21 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 3,710

takumi's mom its not dead, she lives in the basement where bunta keeps her, but he told takumi she died, i mean come on bunta always trys to make takumi be out of the house all the time so he wont hear anything, example: Tofu delibery early in the morning so takumi be sleepy all the time and then racing at night and repeat the same cycle all over the next day.
Nakzters
Posted: Aug 8 2005, 07:36 AM

IDW Full Member

Bunta kicked her out because he likes playing with his own stick shift and he doesn't want an atuomatic laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
ViolentChemistry
Posted: Aug 9 2005, 08:14 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 11,050

QUOTE (TheTofuGuy @ Aug 7 2005, 08:21 PM)
takumi's mom its not dead, she lives in the basement where bunta keeps her, but he told takumi she died, i mean come on bunta always trys to make takumi be out of the house all the time so he wont  hear anything, example: Tofu delibery early in the morning so  takumi be sleepy all the time and then racing at night and repeat the same cycle all over the next day.

Kinky.

IRT Topic:
My theory is either that she died in something racing-related or that she left him because she didn't want to stay married to a man who may very likely die on any given night. Because it would also explain his switch from racing to Tofu delivering. I gather Keisuke's ex ditched (referenced very negatively in 4th stage) him for the other popular reason listed here, more attention to his car than to his girl.

This post has been edited by ViolentChemistry on Aug 9 2005, 08:14 PM
striker2005
Posted: Aug 21 2005, 10:48 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 11,327

k...someone kinda said dat bunta adopted takumi...but he looks kinda like him...so i doubt it...

as for "mommy," i think she died of natural causes...all da crap of someone killin' her sounds unreasonable...if dat was da case...we would have several flashback in da manga/anime...
Sweeper
Posted: Aug 23 2005, 02:48 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,798

Since this is all turning into a comic mess of speculation and LOL's, I might as well add my words on that matter.

Remember that Bunta said he used to tacle Akina in his sleep.
I think Mrs Fujiwara would be kinda upset, imagine Bunta every night:
"Damn, that technique didn't work, what if I step on the brakes there instead of doing it here what will happen then?"
Then followed by Bunta throwing her on the floor while experiencing the G Forces from his cornering in his dream...
In the end, I doubt she would hold out very long wink2.gif

But anyways, the real reason is probably something like Bunta went all out on racing.
Spending every second he had availible on racing and getting faster.
So in the end, She leaves him and that makes Bunta see something else and he retires from racing and goes off to make what he hates, TOFU!
Maybe to punish himself? I don't know.
Dave Rodgers
Posted: Aug 23 2005, 03:09 AM

Man who stand on toilet high on pot.

Member No.: 10,501

Bunta likes grabbing other guys' "stick shifts".
Xelander
Posted: Aug 23 2005, 06:22 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 9,518

Maybe Taco-Meat's Mom died in childbirth, and Bunta refuses to bring it up because he doesn't want to remember it.
akishiro
Posted: Aug 23 2005, 06:58 PM

I'm Malaysian... so?

Member No.: 5,670

takumi will meet his mom on one of the Project D expeditions.. she's the head of one hashiriya in one of the passes.. dun dun dunnnnnnn~~~

now that wont be true...
tUrB0
  Posted: Aug 24 2005, 03:32 AM

Tiu lei lou mou chao hai

Member No.: 982

i'm guessing....

bunta got tired and pissed of her constant nagging and trying to stop him racing that he threw her out and made himself some tofu, and he enjoyed it and started to make tofu for a living
striker2005
Posted: Aug 25 2005, 12:33 AM

IDW Senior Member

^i like dat idea a bit...but i don't think it's dat reasonable 2 say it tru...
ride4life32
Posted: Aug 25 2005, 02:19 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 9,897

QUOTE (TyPe-R @ Nov 7 2003, 11:16 PM)
i think shes a crazy ass touge driver that will be revealed in 4th stage as bunta's arch nemesis, one whom he met, had sex with, and illegitimately gave birth to takumi and then left.

or, maybe she's just dead.

they already revealed buntas arch nemesis in the third stage with kogashiwa ken's son with the SW20, remember takumis boss telling itsuki and the others that along time ago bunta and that guy raced and in the one that counted bunta won
striker2005
Posted: Aug 25 2005, 05:44 PM

IDW Senior Member

bunta probably got laid by her...had a kid...and when he started racin' again...she said screw u and left...maybe she was happy wit him...i don't kno. He doesn't seem happy anyways...was it b'cuz of her?
tUrB0
  Posted: Aug 27 2005, 03:58 AM

Tiu lei lou mou chao hai

Member No.: 982

could be that...bunta did not use...CONDOMS!!!

and so...takumi is...illegitimate!
driftheory
Posted: Aug 27 2005, 04:09 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 6,689

first takumi was adopted, then takumi was legitimate but his mother died of natural causes, now you say takumi is a mistake. Imagine the pain that takumi would go through trying to find out the answers about his mom and his child birth.

I think she died of natural causes. Period.
-SS-
Posted: Aug 27 2005, 10:59 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 10,303

I'd like to think outside of the norm here (that Takumi's okasan was against racing, and left Bunta because of it - or she just died).

We all know how much pride Bunta has - he constantly asserts himself over Takumi (like when Takumi is so thrilled about discovering the use of the ditches on Akina, Bunta shrugs it off and says "Figured that one out myself long time ago..."). And obviously, he considers himself the best racer in the Gunma prefecture. Not to mention, as the story develops, Bunta doesn't exactly take an "active" interest in teaching/comforting Takumi (i.e., when Takumi blows the 86's engine, Bunta is comforting in a passive way, both in actions and words) So, my theory is...

Bunta and Takumi's mother had a great relationship - she was supportive of his pursuit of a "perfect street car", if not helping out with the auto-work and training. She knew how much pride he had as a racer, and when she discovered she was pregnant, she wanted to be sure Bunta would share his insight with his future child. Bunta, obviously mindful of the possibility of training a rival, is hesitant at first - but complications develop after Takumi is born, and she will not last very long after giving birth. In her final hours, she takes Bunta's hand in hers, and makes him promise that he will train Takumi to become a great street-racer like him - because of his love for her, he reluctantly accepts.

This might also help explain why Takumi is completely oblivious to the training his father put him through (we all remember the first few episodes when Takumi has trouble understanding why Racers drive for fun, when all he does is work) - he may think his father is just making him work because its just his father and him around the shop, but in reality, its how Bunta thought would be the best way to train him.

Anyway, that's my theory - a little bit too long and too thought-out. Sorry. happy.gif

9 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »