Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (WMMT3 OST) Supreme Folly

Important Rules
user posted imageNOTE : All pinned topics were replaced by one main topic that links to important topics. Check that topic out first before starting a new one. Please read the thread (Competition) - General Rules before making a challenge topic. All challenge threads must adhere to the example challenge format. All competitions are based on a honor system, lying about your lap times could earn you an actual warning. Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums. Any inflammatory comments, flaming and flame baiting will not be tolerated. Violators will be issued an actual warning. These forums are for friendly competitions.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,113  ·  Replies: 1 
> Settings, AE86 SS
kirbyasdf
  Posted: Apr 13 2008, 04:53 AM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,560

Well I'm back again trying to drift my 86SS and can't seem to put the right settings. its fully tuned at 220hp. no spray. Was wondering if anyone could help me on the settings to make it slide @ Trial Mountain.

thanks
Ditto_MK3Supra
Posted: Apr 29 2008, 01:03 PM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,067

is it turbo or non? I find that the AE86 both SS and non slide best using inertia instead of e braking. make sure your TCS and ASM are turned off. use soft sports tires (preferably) and I usually have the front cambers at at 7, and the rear at 5. if you want, feel free to do some toe in on the front for a little more oversteer, also the dampers should be kind of mediumish tuned equally on front and back to allow weightshift. I'd also have high springrates. use stage 2 suspension mods on it. and a good close gear transmission helps too. don't forget to tune your brakes accordingly.

If you are having problems with understeer, go play through the driving tests and carefully read the instructions, it will teach you all there is to know about combating your understeer (because people tend to say there is understeer in this game, but its really just either bad tuning or them not knowing how to handle the car with proper acceleration.)

experiment with your technique, try not to accelerate until you are halfway through a corner, be gentle, SERIOUSLY BE GENTLE. you MUST be delicate with your controls if you want a realistic drifting experience in this. when you accelerate, squeeze the analog(or pedal) upwards, and i don't recommend racing on automatic. I use manual always. You don't need to upshift at the redline either. if your rear wheels are slipping while you accelerate, you can either upshift or stop being retarded and accelerate slowly. the more delicate and precise you are with your throttle, braking and turning, the better you will become. keep trying. Don't over power your car, it gets harder and harder to control with more power. and if you are having trouble, try a new technique.