Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Majestic Flight

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 5,699  ·  Replies: 30 
> America's scariest roads., Like that's going to stop any of us, lol.
BlackSubaru
Posted: Nov 9 2009, 09:08 PM

IDW Prime Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 27,007

justa bunch of 3rd world countires with switchback mountain roads, so? wtf cant they make a strsaight line, cars got brakes for a reason!

frankford ave here in philadelphia should be on that list...
JasonMath
Posted: Nov 11 2009, 09:56 PM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,095

I have actually been on Route 1 in California, and it is a little bit scary. I wasn't even driving at the time!

As for other routes, I really like riding on Route 95 south from Las Vegas, Nevada to Lake Havasu City, Arizona. There is a long section that goes up and down plenty of times, and it's fun. wink2.gif
ToyotaFan84
  Posted: Nov 12 2009, 01:56 PM

VVTL-i just kicked in yo!

Member No.: 29,639

QUOTE (JasonMath @ Yesterday, 9:56 PM)
I have actually been on Route 1 in California, and it is a little bit scary. I wasn't even driving at the time!

As for other routes, I really like riding on Route 95 south from Las Vegas, Nevada to Lake Havasu City, Arizona. There is a long section that goes up and down plenty of times, and it's fun. wink2.gif

I've been on that latter road! It scared the crap out of me because I was really young at the time.
JasonMath
Posted: Nov 13 2009, 11:52 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 25,095

QUOTE (ToyotaFan84 @ Yesterday, 1:56 PM)
I've been on that latter road! It scared the crap out of me because I was really young at the time.

I actually have relatives in both cities, so that's why I have been on that road. I haven't rode in it in a while, and I have never actually driven on it (my parents have done the driving). My mom hates that road because she gets a bit sick; then again, she hates roller coasters, and the other family members (including me) enjoy them.

As for other scary roads...this one isn't scary, but I got into an accident on it (while driving). I actually live in the northwest suburbs of Chicago, and I went to a party in an unincorporated area with lots of very big houses. I turned into the driveway (which was about 50 feet long), and pulled in. Realizing that I would be trapped if someone else came in, I backed up. Wrong move! Being an unincorporated area, there were no sewers - waste was transported via drainage ditches. I backed up, and gradually went off the driveway. By the time I realized it, the car had backed up into the ditch, and the front-right wheel was 1-2 feet in the air! I tried driving out of the ditch, but the front-wheel drive compact car wouldn't budge. I did get out with no injuries, but my parents had to come and get a tow truck.

Luckily, the car ran just fine after it was pulled out of the driveway, and there was very little damage. Still, this was the scariest road that I have ever driven on. sweatingbullets.gif
kennysss
Posted: Dec 15 2009, 10:33 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 34,268

Hmm, let's see what even somewhat interesting roads are around here..
Oh, yeah, none. And everybody still drives like complete dirtbags.. It really is tiring.
dry.gif
MetalMan777
Posted: Dec 15 2009, 05:50 PM

Snooping as usual

Member No.: 32,588

The scariest road in America is I-80/I-90 through Ohio. It's paved pretty smoothly, and you can usually take it several mph above the speed limit. Problem is that there are speed traps everywhere. It's horrifying, and on top of that you have to pay a toll for the punishment. My advice, go around lake Eerie. Who cares how long the long way is, Toronto is more appealing.

2 Pages  1 2