Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Kevin & Cherry - Chemical Love

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 18,222  ·  Replies: 37 
> Lonely Driver Garage
Spaz
Posted: Oct 31 2017, 07:45 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

I personally won't reuse a block that experienced a bearing failure. I know that generally if you hot tank it and clean it properly, everything should be fine, but one alternative experience was more than enough to turn me off to the idea.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Nov 1 2017, 06:42 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 38,019

I don't know if I explained it properly but I have 3 engines in total. The first engine ran fine but was high mileage and burnt oil. Clutch was exploded so we found a full "rebuilt" engine and transmission and swapped that in but it only lasted 3 events. Just recently swapped in another one but it's knocking and overheating.

So I will be taking the "rebuilt" head from engine #2 and putting it on the short block of the engine that came with the car. Hopefully it was mostly valve seals that were leaking oil and not the rings.
Spaz
Posted: Nov 1 2017, 03:21 PM

Group Icon

Ah, gotcha. Well, you'll at least be able to inspect the cylinder walls when you take the head off the the block you'll be using to see how they look and go from there.
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Nov 14 2017, 09:31 PM

IDW Supremo Member

new video about some much needed maintenance

YOUTUBE ( https://youtu.be/xAQAmAir2tQ )
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Jan 14 2018, 01:58 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Things are happening! For the subaru at least. Going to install the flares this year since the quarter rust is getting bad. Ordered some Ichiba 25mm spacers and hopefully fit some 225/50R18 tires.

Why so tall? GF family has a farm and an acreage so I do a lot of gravel road driving now, and my commute to work includes driving into a heavy equipment yard which wasnt fun on low pro tires, should have bought an outback I guess rolleyes.gif

I'm dreading to start working on the civic but it needs to be done, will be my first time mating a cylinder head to a block so hopefully it goes well.
Spaz
Posted: Jan 14 2018, 09:17 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Lonely_Driver @ 7 hours, 18 minutes ago)
I'm dreading to start working on the civic but it needs to be done, will be my first time mating a cylinder head to a block so hopefully it goes well.

Pro tip: Upgrade from bolts to studs and use something that'll take a set torque value and not that stupid TTY angle bullshit. Million times easier and million times less likely to be fucked up. And they're reusable.
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Feb 4 2018, 06:03 AM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Spaz @ Jan 14 2018, 11:17 PM)
Pro tip: Upgrade from bolts to studs and use something that'll take a set torque value and not that stupid TTY angle bullshit. Million times easier and million times less likely to be fucked up. And they're reusable.

Honda only wants these bolts torques to 53ft-lbs and no angle so that made it easy!

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1500 x 844. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Put the 300,000km short block on the stand, installed a clean oil pan that I painted last year.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2000 x 1125. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

3 engines, should be able to make one good one out of these! The cylinder head we are using was from the second engine that was recently rebuilt and only saw track time, never street driven before.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1500 x 844. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

And here is where we ended. Need to pull the current motor to steal all the accesories and wiring to finish up the "new" engine.
Spaz
Posted: Feb 4 2018, 06:40 AM

Group Icon

No torque angle best torque angle! Should be easy to get something running out of those 3.
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Mar 3 2018, 12:05 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Couple new videos! Update on the civic and some work on the Daily Jeep!

YOUTUBE ( https://youtu.be/ovoMF-_BFVE )

YOUTUBE ( https://youtu.be/v0-MH1NbRyE )

Also start a new job next week, now to convince my gf to buy an E-Pace and sell me the Jeep so I can take the Subaru off the road and do some work on it.

This post has been edited by Lonely_Driver on Mar 3 2018, 12:06 PM
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: May 2 2018, 06:26 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Well, civic is for sale. After 3 engines I think it's a sign. Too much time spent working on it and not driving.
Keeping the legacy as a reliable daily driver. Now to decide what route to take.
Do I buy another car and attempt to race or do I just stick to Sim racing?
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Aug 16 2018, 12:37 PM

IDW Supremo Member

YOUTUBE ( https://youtu.be/MDHS21c6iT4 )
Spaz
Posted: Aug 18 2018, 11:59 AM

Group Icon

That'll be a fun project, I'm looking forward to seeing it progress.

What are you thinking you'll run for wheels?
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Aug 20 2018, 06:51 AM

IDW Supremo Member

That's a good question. My decision will be based of if I can afford a second car next year.
Driving to my new job sucks because of all the ruts and I do drive gravel roads sometimes as well. If that's the case I'll most likely grab some 17" rally style wheels. If not I'll do something crazy like 285 tires if I can make them fit.

2 Pages  1 2