Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Manuel - Sun In The Rain

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

9 Pages  « 7 8 9  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 59,037  ·  Replies: 212 
> Where/who is Takumi's mom ?
Killah Jamez
Posted: Oct 29 2012, 09:09 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,844

^^^ Yeah she said it early in the 600's I don't remember the exact chapter though
RedsunsF1
Posted: Oct 30 2012, 06:46 AM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 38,401

QUOTE (Killah Jamez @ Yesterday, 4:04 PM)
And that's that folks...ID just isn't the place for relationsships

Yup, laugh2.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 30 2012, 07:25 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Banken @ Yesterday, 11:01 PM)
SPOILER

SPOILER
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Banken
Posted: Oct 30 2012, 02:59 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 22,465

Are you serious? If Takumi and Shinji turn out to be brothers, I think I might go to Tokyo and punch Shigeno in the face myself.
RIT_ninja
Posted: Nov 6 2012, 10:18 PM

ざけんなよ!

Member No.: 13,218

QUOTE (Banken @ Oct 30 2012, 02:59 PM)
Are you serious? If Takumi and Shinji turn out to be brothers, I think I might go to Tokyo and punch Shigeno in the face myself.

You won't find him in Tokyo, try Gunma lmao

I really do think Takumi and Shinji are brothers though

Timeline:
Bunta and Shinji's mom had Takumi
She left Bunta and Takumi
Marries a rally driver
Had Shinji
Shinji's dad dies
blkbutterfly
Posted: May 22 2014, 05:35 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 43,687

i think she got pissed off with bunta or they ended in bad terms so she just told the son your father died.
zombiekrysis
Posted: Jul 6 2014, 07:15 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 41,051

I know this post is old... But I really wanted to add this. Its just my "How I Imagine It" when it comes to Takumi's mother. I know this will be a long post, but some of you might enjoy it.

---I believe Takumi is a lot like his mother was. Soft spoken, dedicated, kind hearted, quiet, zones out easily, relaxed attitude, and yet very loyal to his friends and those he loves...

---Takumi's mother, like Bunta, was a downhill drift racer. In Bunta's first time driving down Akina he saw her car and decided to see what his new custom tuned AE86 could do. After flashing his lights she quickly agrees and the race is on. During the race Bunta passes her and leads for most of the race, till she passes him doing something unique... driving with her wheel in the gutter. Bunta had never seen something like this before, in all the years he watched others race on the mountain... this was new. As her car passes him on the inside using the gutter, time almost froze for Bunta. His eyes locked on her car as it slowly drifted past him. Only one thought passed though his mind the whole time.

---Her car had wings...

---At the end he catches up to her and they talk. She says she likes how fast his car is, and that for a first timer he was driving better than some of the veteran racers around. He points out the gutter and she is almost shocked because no other racer had ever been able to keep up with her and still have enough free focus to look at how she was drifting. The surprise on her face when he used it against her in their very next race can't be described, but it snagged him a win. Thanks to a little bet on that rematch Bunta snagged himself a date for the weekend.

---He still can't forget the look she gave the AE86 after the second race... as if she could see deep into the soul of the car itself. The way she touched it with her fingertips was as if she could feel its heart beat. That night she fell in love with Bunta, and the little AE86 he drove.

---Thats all it took. Wasn't long after before they were in a relationship. He tells her how he wants to be a racer and own a tofu shop. She tells him how she wants to go professional and beat people all over the world.

---That year a legend is born on Akina named Bunta, who masters his driving thanks to his rival, and inspiration, Tsuchiya Keiichi... and the support of Takumi's mother as a fellow racer.

---A few years after that... The Legend fathers a future Racing God.

---She had an almost limitless skill and reaction time to pull off things others didn't see, or didn't believe could be done. He had the focus and sight to see the slightest change in someones car, his own car, or the track, and could learn how to mimic those things to quickly learn techniques others would take months or years to master.

---When you combine those two skills into a child. You give birth to a racing god that has the sight, focus, limitless skill, and reaction time that would change the world.

---Then right when everything was going perfect... The worst day of Bunta's life arrived.

---For Christmas one year Bunta surprised her with a new car. This was her favorite time of the year and she would go all out decorating the house, and their new Tofu shop. As she sits in her new car, he asks her to race him to test it out. She agrees even though she didn't really want to because of the snow falling. Bunta loved racing and she knew a race with her for Christmas was better than any gift she could of given him.

---During the race they were side by side... Her skill rivaling Bunta's senses. They both were so focused in the race that they didn't see the large sedan coming around the turn they started to drift into. Their lights reflecting off the light snow falling around them made it so they couldn't see its headlights till it was right in front of them.

---Bunta managed to avoid the car due to his senses seeing the car's lights at the last second. Takumi's mother, however, did not. Her reaction time was flawless... but the car lost control in the snow and couldn't pull out of the drift.

---That single second was a life time for Bunta.

---In almost slow motion he watched as the other driver's car slammed into the side of Takumi's mother's car, launching the twisted frame of what was left of the car into the air. His eyes watched his side mirrors as he struggled to stop his car... all he saw was the broken car flipping and rolling behind him as it bounced along the ground.

---Bunta tried to save her. But it was to late. In that one second his entire world shattered.

---He never talks about her because it hurts to do so. His friends never bring her up because they know. (I believe one day Bunta will tell Takumi about her. He just can't yet in the series)

---This is why they stopped celebrating Christmas, because the holiday itself reminds him to much of her. I believe its also why he stopped being a street racer because he blames himself for her death that night... Also why he started to drink. He had Takumi deliver the Tofu because he hated driving past the spot she died. He was extremely against Takumi racing at first, because of those reasons, but ended up allowing it because he saw her in Takumi after his first race. When he saw how Takumi was looking at the AE86 as his hands trailed along the side of the car, he realized it was the exact same way she looked at the AE86... In that second he knew...

---... He knew she wouldn't of stopped him.

---When Takumi blows the engine in the AE86, Bunta replaces the engine and gives the car a whole new life again. This is his way of holding on to the memory of her, and at the same time giving that memory a new birth. The new birth stands for Bunta starting to let go of his guilt once he sees Takumi turning out to be a son she would of been proud of. This is why he starts to drive more, gets his own car, and eventually passes on the AE86 to Takumi. Its him finally letting her go, and moving on. As he placed the AE86's keys in Takumi's hands and told him it was his... Happiness and pride returned to his heart.

---Later on when Bunta randomly shows up and races Takumi without letting Takumi know its him in his new Subaru... if you look closely when Bunta passes him at the end of the race you can see Bunta smiling. This isn't because Takumi's skill as a driver has evolved. (Later Bunta bashes him about his limitations with only driving the AE86, and that he wont evolve as a race till he moves on to other cars)

---...He is smiling because of how much he drove like she did, no... better than she did. As he saw Takumi driving... he could see the wings again.

This post has been edited by zombiekrysis on Jul 6 2014, 07:33 PM
Silverwolf
Posted: Sep 25 2014, 10:43 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 38,716

It would be interesting if maybe she was a racer who left chasing new speed elsewhere around the world

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
HyperSonic
Posted: Sep 26 2014, 03:48 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 38,471

QUOTE (RIT_ninja @ Nov 6 2012, 10:18 PM)
Timeline:
Bunta and Shinji's mom had Takumi
She left Bunta and Takumi
Marries a rally driver
Had Shinji
Shinji's dad dies

This is one hell of an explanation and at the same time plausible. But...

SPOILER

This post has been edited by HyperSonic on Sep 26 2014, 09:47 AM
MonkeyWrenchd
Posted: Sep 26 2014, 04:32 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 43,964

QUOTE (zombiekrysis @ Jul 6 2014, 07:15 PM)
I know this post is old... But I really wanted to add this. Its just my "How I Imagine It" when it comes to Takumi's mother. I know this will be a long post, but some of you might enjoy it.

---I believe Takumi is a lot like his mother was. Soft spoken, dedicated, kind hearted, quiet, zones out easily, relaxed attitude, and yet very loyal to his friends and those he loves...

---Takumi's mother, like Bunta, was a downhill drift racer. In Bunta's first time driving down Akina he saw her car and decided to see what his new custom tuned AE86 could do. After flashing his lights she quickly agrees and the race is on. During the race Bunta passes her and leads for most of the race, till she passes him doing something unique... driving with her wheel in the gutter. Bunta had never seen something like this before, in all the years he watched others race on the mountain... this was new. As her car passes him on the inside using the gutter, time almost froze for Bunta. His eyes locked on her car as it slowly drifted past him. Only one thought passed though his mind the whole time.

---Her car had wings...

---At the end he catches up to her and they talk. She says she likes how fast his car is, and that for a first timer he was driving better than some of the veteran racers around. He points out the gutter and she is almost shocked because no other racer had ever been able to keep up with her and still have enough free focus to look at how she was drifting. The surprise on her face when he used it against her in their very next race can't be described, but it snagged him a win. Thanks to a little bet on that rematch Bunta snagged himself a date for the weekend.

---He still can't forget the look she gave the AE86 after the second race... as if she could see deep into the soul of the car itself. The way she touched it with her fingertips was as if she could feel its heart beat. That night she fell in love with Bunta, and the little AE86 he drove.

---Thats all it took. Wasn't long after before they were in a relationship. He tells her how he wants to be a racer and own a tofu shop. She tells him how she wants to go professional and beat people all over the world.

---That year a legend is born on Akina named Bunta, who masters his driving thanks to his rival, and inspiration, Tsuchiya Keiichi... and the support of Takumi's mother as a fellow racer.

---A few years after that... The Legend fathers a future Racing God.

---She had an almost limitless skill and reaction time to pull off things others didn't see, or didn't believe could be done. He had the focus and sight to see the slightest change in someones car, his own car, or the track, and could learn how to mimic those things to quickly learn techniques others would take months or years to master.

---When you combine those two skills into a child. You give birth to a racing god that has the sight, focus, limitless skill, and reaction time that would change the world.

---Then right when everything was going perfect... The worst day of Bunta's life arrived.

---For Christmas one year Bunta surprised her with a new car. This was her favorite time of the year and she would go all out decorating the house, and their new Tofu shop. As she sits in her new car, he asks her to race him to test it out. She agrees even though she didn't really want to because of the snow falling. Bunta loved racing and she knew a race with her for Christmas was better than any gift she could of given him.

---During the race they were side by side... Her skill rivaling Bunta's senses. They both were so focused in the race that they didn't see the large sedan coming around the turn they started to drift into. Their lights reflecting off the light snow falling around them made it so they couldn't see its headlights till it was right in front of them.

---Bunta managed to avoid the car due to his senses seeing the car's lights at the last second. Takumi's mother, however, did not. Her reaction time was flawless... but the car lost control in the snow and couldn't pull out of the drift.

---That single second was a life time for Bunta.

---In almost slow motion he watched as the other driver's car slammed into the side of Takumi's mother's car, launching the twisted frame of what was left of the car into the air. His eyes watched his side mirrors as he struggled to stop his car... all he saw was the broken car flipping and rolling behind him as it bounced along the ground.

---Bunta tried to save her. But it was to late. In that one second his entire world shattered.

---He never talks about her because it hurts to do so. His friends never bring her up because they know. (I believe one day Bunta will tell Takumi about her. He just can't yet in the series)

---This is why they stopped celebrating Christmas, because the holiday itself reminds him to much of her. I believe its also why he stopped being a street racer because he blames himself for her death that night... Also why he started to drink. He had Takumi deliver the Tofu because he hated driving past the spot she died. He was extremely against Takumi racing at first, because of those reasons, but ended up allowing it because he saw her in Takumi after his first race. When he saw how Takumi was looking at the AE86 as his hands trailed along the side of the car, he realized it was the exact same way she looked at the AE86... In that second he knew...

---... He knew she wouldn't of stopped him.

---When Takumi blows the engine in the AE86, Bunta replaces the engine and gives the car a whole new life again. This is his way of holding on to the memory of her, and at the same time giving that memory a new birth. The new birth stands for Bunta starting to let go of his guilt once he sees Takumi turning out to be a son she would of been proud of. This is why he starts to drive more, gets his own car, and eventually passes on the AE86 to Takumi. Its him finally letting her go, and moving on. As he placed the AE86's keys in Takumi's hands and told him it was his... Happiness and pride returned to his heart.

---Later on when Bunta randomly shows up and races Takumi without letting Takumi know its him in his new Subaru... if you look closely when Bunta passes him at the end of the race you can see Bunta smiling. This isn't because Takumi's skill as a driver has evolved. (Later Bunta bashes him about his limitations with only driving the AE86, and that he wont evolve as a race till he moves on to other cars)

---...He is smiling because of how much he drove like she did, no... better than she did. As he saw Takumi driving... he could see the wings again.

Oh. My. God.

I don't care what anyone says, i usually hate stuff like this but this one is an exception (though her death feels to exagerrated imo) but everything else is good.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
zombiekrysis
Posted: Oct 19 2014, 09:47 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 41,051

QUOTE (MonkeyWrenchd @ Sep 26 2014, 04:32 AM)
Oh. My. God.

I don't care what anyone says, i usually hate stuff like this but this one is an exception (though her death feels to exagerrated imo) but everything else is good.

Well... I just like the idea of her dying better than her just abandoning Takumi and Bunta. Its a sad way for her to go, but its better than her coming off as a selfish, uncaring, child abandoning person.

The show and manga had enough backfired relationships as it is... Lets make theirs happy... Till the end.

... Unlike poor Itsuki Takeuchi
btierk2
Posted: Mar 21 2016, 07:42 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 44,712

Probably no one notices, but Bunta raised Takumi as a single father, because his (Takumi's) mother passed away.
CharlieParker
Posted: Apr 18 2016, 05:24 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 41,907

Dont normally reply but I do genuinely believe I figured some of this out.....

Takumi's Mom died ( either in birth or very very early in Takumi's life )

Bunta WAS a pro race car driver hence having access to extremely rare race engines, an 86 from the time they were used as race cars when Takumi would be a baby AND knowing keiichi Tsuchiya San as referenced in a phone call from an anonymous caller to Bunta showing Keiichi's famous helmet and gloves whilst at a race track.

Bunta is training Takumi to live the career and life that he never had the opportunity to have because his role as a father became his life.

All the clues are there.

9 Pages  « 7 8 9